I need some help.

Posted by Dragner

Sorry if this is the wrong place but whatever. Anyways I'm going to make my new PC and need some help. I need to know what I need to make a really good gaming PC graphic card, sound card, hard drive all those things if some one can tell me good ones to buy to make this gaming PC or give me some links to a site where I could find some myself I would be very grateful.

Posted by NegativeTrend

What's your budget going to be around?

Posted by Dragner

A few thousand like 2000 or 3000

Posted by Marvin

You should buy a Nvidia Gforce 6800GT.For a good sound it is okay to buy an onboard soundcard.

Posted by Trigger

I despise onboard sound and would not recommend it to anyone who wants to experience any form of "good quality" sound. Especially if the machine is going to be used for multimedia and gaming but then again, those types of users should understand this kind of thing already.

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Dragner: A few thousand like 2000 or 3000

You don't need such an expensive graphics card. By your knowledge of them, you'd only need an average one.

Posted by Trigger

I hope you don't believe two to three grand is their budget idea for a graphics card, Higbvuyb. They clearly plan to spend around two or three grand on the entire machine, not just the one or two devices they mentioned. :rolleyes:

Posted by PhlyntheKT

Quoting Dragner: A few thousand like 2000 or 3000

Alienware should be good for pre-assembled gaming rigs but if you want the best stuff I think you should try Emailing someone about it...I'll search for some better info on current stuff...

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Physltnneh]Alienware should be good for pre-assembled gaming rigs
Never buy a pre-assembled computer.

Ever.

Moron.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Klarth: Never buy a pre-assembled computer.

Seriously? I hear Dell computers are awesome!

;)

Posted by PhlyntheKT

Dell owns Alienware now that's why...

Posted by loony636

Quoting The X: Seriously? I hear Dell computers are awesome!

;)

Well they're not as good as computers you make yourself, because they never have EXACTLY what you want in them.

I've made computers before, so I know a bit about them. Dual cores are coming out, but for gaming there's no advantage because there are no games that can use both cores. So go single core, and you'll get it for half the price of a dual core. If you want to invest for the future, and have lots of money, go dual core, but I'd advise against it.

With graphics cards...there's cross-fire (for ATI) or dual SLI (Nvidia). There's debate about which is better, but the difference is marginal. I'd go for that if you want the best gaming experience (keep in mind it will cost $1500 for two cards). The cards are the Nvidia 7800 GT or GTX and the ATI Radeon X1900 GPU. The Nvidia is cheaper, so go for that. NOTE: The card isn't actually called 'Nvidia 7800 GTX', that's just the chip, you'll have to search for the cards which have that chip.

For memory you'll want about 1.5gb. I don't know exactly what its called, but its generic.

You'll want a DVD-RAM burner, since DVD-RAM is coming out.

And that's about it. Anything more just go to Pcpro.co.uk or some other equivilent.

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Trigger: I hope you don't believe two to three grand is their budget idea for a graphics card, Higbvuyb. They clearly plan to spend around two or three grand on the entire machine, not just the one or two devices they mentioned. :rolleyes:

I won't tell you to re-read my post, becuase you won't.