Tetris DS! I'm Addicted!

Posted by Dark Link

EDIT: [url=http://www.vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=236213&postcount=21]99,999,999 Picture! I'm Done! :D[/url]

Come on! I know some of you were gonna pick this up :D
I've mostly been playing offline and trying to complete the touch mode puzzles / towers and normal Puzzle levels.
My Friend Code is in my Sig and in the WiFi user Detail thread.
I just recently started playing on online mode...Only have 3 wins :(
Currently have 8605 Tetris Points as well.

Oh! And Just so you know...You've ALL been Owned in Endless Tetris mode!

The Level I was at during the picture is actually LVL 1000! (aka 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, etc)
THREE DAYS OF PLAYING THAT ONE GAME!!! (While playing WoW ^^)
I DARE some of you to beat my score and NOT go past lvl 1000!! (Play fair please, if you attempt)

Posted by Random

Tetris was always one of those games that I was like "Man that games stupid" but when I start to play it I can't stop myself from playing it more O_O

Posted by Dark Link

I was actually happy to see that Tetris returned...I haven't play tetris since the old NES days...after that I kinda forgot about it except for playing the java / flash ones on the computer.

Posted by Xero

Tetris is really fun. I use to enjoy it and if I start playing it again, I'm pretty sure it will be as fun. Its a classic.

Posted by Arczu

Damn... WHERE have I been when this was released?!

*Promptly runs off to the nearest store to obtain a copy*

I rally like playing anything tetris for awhile. Level 9s were tense.

Posted by GameMiestro

If this has 30 different environments to play on, exploding planets, techno music, and weapon blocks, I might buy it.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Mine should have come last week, but didn't. At this rate I might as well have waited for the British release. Hopefully it'll be in my postbox on MOnday, then I can 0WNZ0R J00 B1TCH3S

Posted by boomstick

Tetris is always been like gaming crack, if I had a DS, this'd probably be at the top of my list.

Posted by muffla

i just got it yester day and it pwns

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Tetris DS kicks huge a[COLOR="White"]s[/COLOR]s. My only gripe with the entire game is music - Where is the classic Tetris Theme A? Apart from that, I may as well be taking crack with this game in my house. I can't get enough!

DarkLink - how the hell did you do that!? The best I can get to is level 23, and after that my brain melts into a form of fleshy goo... Are there any rewards for getting that high?

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I've always loved Tetris, and plan on getting this installment sometime soon. The classic theme is gone? This saddens me.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Angelwing: I've always loved Tetris, and plan on getting this installment sometime soon. The classic theme is gone? This saddens me.

It's not gone, per se, but you only hear it everytime you rack up 190 lines or more in marathon...

:(

Yeah, the music not being there properly is annoying. There should be a playlist edit mode, or something. That said, the Bowser music does tend to make things very tense.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Wings: Yeah, the music not being there properly is annoying. There should be a playlist edit mode, or something. That said, the Bowser music does tend to make things very tense.

The game has killed the Mario Bros. theme for me.

The lack of customization is rather annoying. I wish there was a mode where the hold function and the ability to continue rotating once a piece has touched the surface was disabled. And a change of music.

PS: WTF is a T-Spin? I got an alert every five minutes while playing Bazariah tonight that I was performing T-Spins...

As far as I know, a T-Spin is a full 360-degree rotation of a T piece before placing it. It might only happen in high levels, or it might be like a 1080 spin or something, but it's something to do with that.

Posted by inequity

Dark link, have you lost yet or are you still playing that one game?

Posted by Dark Link

Quoting Inequity: Dark link, have you lost yet or are you still playing that one game?

Nah...after I posted the uploaded the screenshots I quit and killed myself. Getting to LVL 1000 is ANY player's accomplishment.

[quote=The X]DarkLink - how the hell did you do that!? The best I can get to is level 23, and after that my brain melts into a form of fleshy goo... Are there any rewards for getting that high?

Lots and LOTS of Tetris Points! I jumped about 8000-10000 points from that game! Also your score is saved to the records screen, so it's a big bragging rights thing to show off :P (Like how I did)

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting The X: It's not gone, per se, but you only hear it everytime you rack up 190 lines or more in marathon...

:(

Well, that's not good enough. :(

If I can find a used copy (probably not) I'll be picking this up soon. Otherwise, I'll probably be waiting a bit.

Posted by bazariah

i attempted the challenge yesterday.. got to like 500 lines then my ds ran out of juice not fair

Posted by Dark Link

Quoting bazariah: i attempted the challenge yesterday.. got to like 500 lines then my ds ran out of juice not fair

Beware! I might go even FURTHUR now!
Recently someone hit 99,999,999 Points (MAX) today on Endless mode! He's been playing the same game since March 24th and just hit the max today, but he only played the game for 30 min a day. He got to LVL 3,500! 35,000 LINES! O_o

I MIGHT attempt to get to the max score as well, but school will hold me back a bit.

Posted by Dark Link

IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!
99,999,999 MILLION POINTS!!!

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/DarkLink75/Upclose99Million.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/DarkLink75/Overview.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Jesus Christ.

Posted by Dark Link

Quoting The X: Jesus Christ.

Took me 11 days to do that! Including the 2-3 days I never played at all.
The thing is though...the game didn't save the score as 99,999,999. Since I pulled a back-to-back tetris and made the score exceed to 100 Million. The game can't register 100+ million points.