Sonic is Being Destroyed

Posted by Grom

One of my favorite video game characters is being destoryed. He and his pals are being mutilated by being put into all these horible games. For example, Shadow the Hedgehog, this game looked good, but when i picked it up and rented it, the game slapped me in the face with its horribleness. The beginnng level was not that bad, but for the rest of the levels on, i would fall off every second. There are many games like shadow the hedgehog that i wil not name that are really bad. I wish it were like the old days when i could sit in front of my sega and play 2-D sonic. Please Sega if you are gonna make another Sonic game, make it good instead of destroying Sonic. Dont pick up any of the Sonic games that are 3-D get the 2-D collections or the 2-D GB Sonic games i have not played Sonic Riders, but hopefully it is not that bad. DS is better than PSP.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Shadow the Hedgehog, this game looked good

That's when I stopped reading. You lost all your credibility by not being able to tell that the game sucked just by looking at it.

Anywho, though the console games may be horrible, the handheld versions are constantly pretty good. Just recently Sonic Rush was released which managed to be one of the better Sonic games yet.

Posted by GameMiestro

Most of the console games are fine. Yes, they are more difficult, but that doesn't make them "horible".

[quote=Grom]DS is better than PSP.

*throws brick at Grom*

Quoted post: Most of the console games are fine. Yes, they are more difficult, but that doesn't make them "horible".

It has nothing to do with difficulty, rather everything else: from action to the camera. They just suck.

Posted by lanzer

SEGA is never going back to a main 2D franchize get used to it. the'll still be games like sonic rush that still hold the 2D/3D sonic ness but other then that get used to 3D sonic cause he aint going away no matter how many times you complain. try Rush and Riders there not bad at all and we'll see how sonic blur (next gen sonic) is going to turn out.

Quoted post: and Riders there not bad at all

Riders is probably the worst.

Posted by lanzer

Quoting Vampiro: Riders is probably the worst.

no heroes was the worst riders is ok.

Posted by Colonel

Quoting GameMiestro: *throws brick at Grom*

Throws brick at GameMiestro*

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Grom]The beginnng level was not that bad, but for the rest of the levels on, i would fall off every second.

That sounded like difficulty issues. Yeah, they need some work on the camera, but the nature of the overhead game style makes it impossible to get any one good fix on the camera.

[quote]Riders is probably the worst.

It was better than Sonic Drift. Or Spinball, Sonic CD for the PC, or Sonic 3D blast, or Sonic R, or Sonic Advance 2... you get my point.

[quote]Throws brick at GameMiestro*
*Deflects brick, notes lack of initial asterick.*

Quoted post: It was better than Sonic Drift. Or Spinball, Sonic CD for the PC, or Sonic 3D blast, or Sonic R, or Sonic Advance 2... you get my point.

... of the current console Sonic games.

Posted by Red

Quoting GameMiestro: Most of the console games are fine. Yes, they are more difficult, but that doesn't make them "horible".
*throws brick at Grom*

helps throw more*

although Grom you are somewhat right Sonic is getting to be retarded and there trying to make it look too badass.

Quoted post: on the upside you are somewhat right Sonic is getting to be retarded and there trying to make it look too badass.

How is that an "upside"?

Posted by Red

Quoting Vampiro: How is that an "upside"?

HOLY HELL I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER PUTTING UPSIDE :S maybe I meant to put although.... 1 sec I'll edit it ( i never use that word, don't even know what it means )

Posted by Iris

I agree with Vamp. The handhelds continue to improve, but I expect only crap from the consoles.

Some one contradict me, quick! That'll invalidate my opinion!

Posted by Zeta

Am I the only one that has no problem whatsoever with the cameras? They work just fine for me.

Posted by Linko_16

Sonic the Hedgehog was ruined forever when they made the Chao say "chao" in Sonic the Hedgehog.

YOU'RE NOT POKEMON. GO BACK WHERE YOU CAME FROM.

EDIT - Shadow the Hedgehog, I mean, not Sonic the Hedgehog. Sega has not currently obtained a level of suckitude that they can go back in time to change their premiere game.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Zeta: Am I the only one that has no problem whatsoever with the cameras? They work just fine for me.

I never had any issues with it either. So eh, the series is fine to me. Except for Shadow the Hedgehog, I tried to like it, but the controls are just too ****ty for me to handle.

Posted by Zeta

For some reason the controls annoy me only in Westopolis. They're fine everywhere else, though.

I think the reason I managed to enjoy Shadow so much was because of how low my expectations for it were.

EDIT: And Cosmic Fall. I still say this is the best 3D Sonic level ever.

Posted by Raptor

Whenever I begin to feel as if Sonic has been "ruined" or "destroyed" and there is no hope for Him ever again, I just play one of the old Genesis Sonic games and suddenly realise that no amount of crappy games released in the present could ever destroy His legacy.

Posted by Grom

I am not saying the game is difficult at all. It was easy to beat. I had just to many problems with this game to like it. It looked ok from previews from gamepro and x-play that is why I had faith in it, like every Sonic game.

*bricks hit Grom*
*Grom turns and throws grenades back*

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Linko_16][COLOR=indigo]Sonic the Hedgehog was ruined forever when they made the Chao say "chao" in Sonic the Hedgehog.

YOU'RE NOT POKEMON. GO BACK WHERE YOU CAME FROM.[/COLOR]

I remember hearing a cd with songs that different countries around the world defined as "rock". The one from Japan sounded exactly like that annoying chao race song.

Posted by poisonblood

yeah all of these new sonic games are not very good. What i really did not like is when they changed robotnics name to egg man. Think about it robotonic sounds cool but egg man sounds lame.

Posted by Zeta

They didn't change it, they stopped changing it. He was always called Eggman in Japan.

Posted by Arczu

So come Sonic Adventure 1, they brush it off as though Sonic and Co started calling him that.

ROBOTNIK: Ha, ha, ha... If it isn't Sonic!
SONIC: Look! It's a giant talking egg.
ROBOTNIK: Silence!
ROBOTNIK: I am Dr. Robotnik, the greatest scientific genius in the world!
SONIC: Whatever you say, Eggman!
ROBOTNIK: Enough!...

After that, he don't even care no more... so there you go.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

What was the motive for calling him Eggman (out of universe, I mean) anyway?

Robotnik was always a badass name.

Posted by Linko_16

Agreed. If they'd always called him Eggman, then fine, but going from Robotnik to Eggman seemed like kind of a downgrade to me.

Posted by crelda

But the original name was eggman and america changed it and then it changed back as a nickname.

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, that's been established. I'm just saying that I'd rather they kept it Robotnik.

Posted by Arczu

I think sometimes he still gets called robotnik (SA2 for example), but in general, people will be referring to his as Eggman.

You might even think of it as a permanent nickname. "Robotinik" sits underneath, slowly becoming forgotten.

Posted by PhlyntheKT

He was called Eggman due to the shape of his body.

Posted by Linko_16

That's how he got the name in the first place. We're disputing why the American name was changed to Robotnik, then changed back to Eggman.

Posted by Zeta

Because back in the early 90s, Sega of America was like "OMG Eggman is such a lame name, no one'll want to play a game where the villain's name is Eggman. We'd better change it to something cool like 'Robotnik'!"

And then in the late 90s, Sega of America was like "OMG We're tired of spending time altering his name! We won't change it to Robotnik and just say Eggman is a nickname!"

Something like that.

Posted by Prodigy09

Sonic is only getting better. i am not sayin that the first ones sucked because those ones were great but sonic needs to get with the times it is all about the 3-4D now a days and these new games of sonics are fun. expecialy shadow the hedgehog and sonic riders. Shadow is the Best

PSP wins over all

Posted by Brandon Heat

In the original cartoon he was called Robotnik, and I saw that befrore I played the games, so I still call him that.

Posted by Grom

I agree that Robotnik is a better name also and i also think that if the new next gen somic game that is coming out is not good i will write complaint letters to the Sonic producing team. Rise up and join me my fellow people we must complain,huzzah, SAVE SONIC!!!!!, **** IT IS THE CURSE OF ROBOTNIK, he is the reason. (dont ask)

Posted by PhlyntheKT

In the American Comics his name was Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik in the Japanese his name was still the same [Whatever it was] for a long long time. He was called Eggman in NiGHTs into Dreams,also remember Tails name was Miles "Tails" Prower and it still is but they just call him his nickname instead. Eggman[egUmanU] is also shorter and easier to spell than Robotnik[robotoniku] and thus it was used.

Posted by Roxas

I think 3-d is better. i mean, 2-d just has sonic running around jumping on robotic crabs, or whatever. the 3-d games have a story line, which makes it actually have a POINT to playing it! you know?

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Prodigy09: 4D

Sonic the Hedgehog may be fast, but he cannot travel through time.

Posted by PhlyntheKT

Yes he can...E.I.Sonic CD...

Posted by Linko_16

The game itself, though.

Posted by ShiroiHikari

I prefer he kept the original name of Eggman... I really get tired of changing names for dumb reasons...

But it is true... newer sonic games are coming out pretty crappy... but the only one i could not bring myself to play was Shadow the Hedgehog... the other ones were fine to me! Also, i never had a problem with the camera angle. Though it did get stuf one... only cuz i was trying to do something i shouldnt have though!

Posted by PhlyntheKT

Quoting Linko_16: Sonic the Hedgehog was ruined forever when they made the Chao say "chao" in Sonic the Hedgehog.

YOU'RE NOT POKEMON. GO BACK WHERE YOU CAME FROM.

EDIT - Shadow the Hedgehog, I mean, not Sonic the Hedgehog. Sega has not currently obtained a level of suckitude that they can go back in time to change their premiere game.

The chaos rarely talk although they can...i.e. SA2b chao school...
Shadow was NOT made by the guys who did the other one...AKA Sonic Team...
and lan hikari's mother should not copy my posting style seeing as mostpeople don't like it...