Will you get a PS3 or a Revolution?

Posted by gamerz

Well, the title speaks for itself. From what I've been hearing about the revolution, I understand that it'll support the gamecube controllers, so that it can have it's own set of games and the "multi-console" games, (such as racing games & whatnot). But it will be lacking in the visuals area, where the ps3 will be showing something new. Other than new graphics & maybe a few new games, I don't see a reason why I should get a PS3.

Anyways, which one will you be getting? Revolution, PS3 or both?

Posted by buddha

BOTH! revolution is goin ta be cheap and sounds fun with zelda and metroid and d new controller while the ps3 has resident evil,MGS,devil may cry 4,motorstorm,killzone,final fantasy,gran turismo,warhawk and lots of new games comin in the future as well! M gonna have the best of both worlds.

Posted by Speedfreak

Both, but my PS3 will be sold right away to some rich idiot for a grand :)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Other than new graphics & maybe a few new games, I don't see a reason why I should get a PS3.

The reason to buy a PS3 is the same reason you've bought new consoles every other generation.

Anywho, I'll buy both eventually. The Revolution at launch for sure, and if I have enough money, same with the PS3. Otherwise, I'll just pre-order it for fifty and sell the slip. Hopefully that'll give me enough money to go out and buy it at a later date.

Posted by No-Mad

I plan on getting the Revolution. Personally, I think Nintendo does a great job making unique titles even if they are more geared to small children (me being 16). The controller itself is enough for me to have the thought that even more unique and "revolutionary" titles will be released. Also, with all the rumors of the PS3 being 600+ dollars, I couldn't get it if I wanted to.

I do like your idea though Speedfreak, ... money, money, money, money,....Mo-ney

Posted by gamerz

come to think of it, save up all of your money & buy all the ps3's that you can (if you can fight your way through the crowds at launch time that is...) & then do speedy's idea, sell em on ebay for 1k or more each!

Posted by GameMiestro

Not many options on this... I guess I'll be getting both, if I must choose.

Posted by Random

Quoting Speedfreak: Both, but my PS3 will be sold right away to some rich idiot for a grand :)

You took the words right out of my mouth ^_^

Posted by Moogs

Revo.

Posted by Red

PS3 for sure I don't want the Revolution or "go" at all (both stupid names) the controller seems only usful for sword weilding games and I really still don't give a crap about that I find this system to be gay and retarded and everything bad, screw REVOLUTION GO PS3 ( sorry if I may seem real ****y at NINTENDO but the mere thought of it sickens me )

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I'll be getting a Revolution at launch. I'll probably be able to get on a PS3 at any time I want (go Uni!), but to be honest I'll probably end up getting one for myself at some point anyway.

Quoted post: the controller seems only usful for sword weilding games

You must be a very unimaginative child.

Posted by Red

really I'm not I just haven't given much thought to this okay let's see now, Sword games, Fps...there could be more but I don't know too much about the controller so I can't say alot. ( also FPS should'nt count because the day Nintendo get's violent will be the day I stop making elephant sarcasm jokes [this excludes Resi-4])

... wow

Quoting Mr.Red: elephant sarcasm jokes

Examples, now.

Posted by Red

I can't do it on the spot, plus I accually realize now I haven't once done it on Vgc. I'm sorry everyone disregard all posts in this thread and just read this, I don't much care for Nintendo or the Revolution the Contorller does not appeal to me although it could be useful for some games. PS3 looks good because Sony always seemed good in the graphics area and wide variety of games that are good.

Is this a valid post or is there still something you want to make fun of me for? :(

Quoting Mr.Red: Is this a valid post or is there still something you want to make fun of me for? :(

That's pretty much what we do on VGC. :)

I would suggest, though, that you do some solid research into what games are available for every system in the next generation before you buy one, rather than just buying Sony because you know the brand and are used to the games. I think you'd be surprised about what's on 360 and Revolution that would appeal to you as well.

Posted by Dark Link

I'm gonna get both, but Revolution first then PS3.
PS3 is pending on when their 'problems' are fixed ^^

Quoted post: PS3 looks good because Sony always seemed good in the graphics area and wide variety of games that are good.

GRAFIX R TEH KEWLIES! ^____^

Quoted post: PS3 is pending on when their 'problems' are fixed ^^

oh shi- forgot about Sony's tendency to produce complete **** at first. Ah well, it'll give me more time to save money.

Posted by Dark Link

Quoting Vampiro: oh shi- forgot about Sony's tendency to produce complete **** at first. Ah well, it'll give me more time to save money.

That's NOT what I meant :D
I meant that since Sony had some disc reading problems (Some ones Xbox306 had) then they're set to release in November or December.

Bollocks are they the same ones 360 had. They use different drives, and different discs.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Mr.Red]Sony always seemed good in the graphics area

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Posted by The Prince of Persia

I would go for a PS3. My brother will probabily get a rev anyway...

Quoting Speedfreak: HAHAHAHAHAHA.

To be fair, there's not an awful amount of difference between Shadow of the Colossus and Twilight Princess.

Posted by Xero

I'll get a revolution. I've never been a PS fan...I mostly play nintendo systems.

Posted by Zeta

Revolution.
Smash Bros. Online+Metroid Prime 3+Ability to download games from older consoles= ****ING WIN!

And there's always the rare chance that Castlevania: Rondo of Blood might be downloadable.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Wings]To be fair, there's not an awful amount of difference between Shadow of the Colossus and Twilight Princess.

To be fair, you haven't played Twilight Princess and seen it moving, and forgot to mention that a lot of people claim SotC is too amibitious for PS2.

This is true, but I can't see how you can claim SotC is 'too' ambitious. I've not seen any slowdown on it, for example, and the movement for the character and the horse are both spot on. It's a very believable world - so much so that I've often just stopped and examined a tree or something because it looks so good.

Posted by Dog

PS3...but im not getting it when it first comes out.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Wings]This is true, but I can't see how you can claim SotC is 'too' ambitious. I've not seen any slowdown on it, for example, and the movement for the character and the horse are both spot on. It's a very believable world - so much so that I've often just stopped and examined a tree or something because it looks so good.

*shrug* I haven't played either. That's just what I've heard. Maybe they're referring to a generally low framerate or something, whatever. At any rate, Twilight Princess does things that a PS2 couldn't dream of doing, you can tell just from the videos. PS2 couldn't spare and texture passes to get clouds shadows on hyrule field, for example, nor could ot render water as beautiful as TP. Lighting is something PS2 has generally always been shit at aswell.

This is just from general knowledge of PS2 and GC specs and seeing a few trailers for TP and SotC. Come on, man, you're in a game dev course. You know what GC can do that PS2 can't.

Oh, I know. I'm just saying that while SotC is pushing PS2 fairly hard, TP isn't really doing the same for GC. If developers really latched onto the GCN, especially at the end of its lifecycle, I've no doubt you could crank out some amazing stuff (although the last video I saw of TP was last year's E3, so the delay has probably improved a damn sight more). That's why I think that keeping the Rev architecture so similar to the GC makes sense - you can just carry on the learning curve from the GCN and keep making better and better. With new structures and new architectures like with PS3, you take a slight step back, and so the launch games are never as good graphically as the tech demos, for example, or games further on in the life of the system. Compare the original MGS2 with Subsistence, for example. Three games on (ish), on the same hardware, there's a massive improvement. However, look at the two versions of Resident Evil 4 on GCN and PS2 - the PS2 was released later, but because of the limits of the machine, models had to be cut down, even if more textures were added to compensate.

I mean, everyone knows that in its current form, PS2 is inferior technology, and has been since the almost simultaneous GCN/Xbox launch way back when. The thing is, though, if coders could get back to cross-programming over processors, PS2 would be capable of a hell of a lot more.

Posted by Speedfreak

GCs capabilities were maxed out circa 2003, since then it's only art direction that's improved. This is largely due to GCs supposedly kickass, simple architecture.

Textures were also slashed for RE4 on PS2, theyre clearly lower resolution and with less colour depth than the GC version.

When you get to play Twilight Princess and have the chance to really look at models and textures and all the various effects I'll garuntee that you'll get something not possible on PS2.

Quoting Speedfreak: Textures were also slashed for RE4 on PS2

I was under the impression that they were improved to compensate because of the lack of model complexity, because that's one of the things that the PS2 excels at, given that you can just outsource it to a different GPU to everything else.

Quoted post: I've not seen any slowdown on it

There's slowdown. It always got a bit choppy for me whenever I faced a Colossus. Plus, the game only looks really impressive because they put some sort of blur on everything. Though I'm not denying that it doesn't look great, because for a PS2 game, it really does.

Hell, take a look at Black. It looks almost the EXACT same as the Xbox version.

Posted by Red

Quoting Zeta: Revolution.
Smash Bros.

SMASH BROS...love it, but one good reason I want a PS3 is because...Kingdom Hearts, I'll have to follow through with this great series so I'll need a PS3

Posted by Sk2k52

I'll wait till Nrevolution price drops and get it used. Psh, money is getting so tight these days with my brother spendinga thousand dollars daily basicly, and with raising a leech of a relative, and taxes rising =(

I miss the good old days when i barely had to worry about money T.T

Posted by Xqars

Both if I can afford it. I'd get the PS3 first, but not on the release date. I'm going to wait a long time for a price drop. It's supposed to have a big price tag on it on the release.

Posted by Demonblade

Ill buy the PS3, i really dont see myself ever buying a revolution.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Wings]I was under the impression that they were improved to compensate because of the lack of model complexity, because that's one of the things that the PS2 excels at, given that you can just outsource it to a different GPU to everything else.

PS2 has less RAM and no texture compression. it sucks at textures, sir. As for GC, multi-texturing is GCs speciality.

Just compare the 2 games for ***'s sake, it's pretty clear that the PS2 textures are much worse.

Posted by gamerz

the revolution is going to do just above par this time around.

Posted by Drewboy64

levorution

Original.

Posted by Drewboy64

thx

Posted by Colonel

Revolution all the way.

Posted by black deciever

i will get the revolution first
then when kingdom hearts 3 comes out i will get the system that is for it will most likely be for ps3

Posted by m4rkotic

Wow, that many people getting revolution? I chose PS3 because of the FF7 possibilities. And also i wanna see the blue ray thingy. But dang, thats alot of revolutions. Maybe I should read up on that also.

Posted by gamerz

Obviously you do need to do some catching up. Square only made trailer to tease us with what final fantasy 7 COULD be like on the ps3. So far they don't even have plans to remake it for ANY system. And yes, sony's basically dug their own grave this time around with the high *** prices that the ps3 and its games are going to reach. (the "CELL" chip & the Bluray dont help to lower the cost of the games for it either.)

Posted by Axis

Well, here's my plan.

I called Gamestop a yesterday to ask them about Revolution and Playstation 3 pre-orders. He said that in a couple of weeks they would start taking reservations for the PS3 at least. Forgot to ask about the Revolution. :( I hear that Playstation 3 is going to suffer some shortages this year so I'm going to pre-order a PS3, get two games, and probably and extra controller. From there...eBay!! I think I can sell it for some big bucks over eBay, hell, we saw it with Xbox 360 this past Holiday Season. I think that PS3's will sell higher than the 360's, though. Seeing as the demand will be greater. As for the Revolution, I'll buy that and keep it. I already want Red Steel, and what ever Nintendo will be offering 1st party wise anyways. I think I will wait on the Playstation 3 for a few years before I purchase it again. The money that I hope to make off it will serve as my European Trip money for next summer.

So all in all, I'll get both. PS3 will just be a few years down the road. I only see 3 games at the moment that I want.

Yeah, seeing as how people were selling the 360 for over $1000, you could probably get double that for the PS3, if not more. Though, chances are you'll get jack-**** for the Rev. So yeah, I'll be doing the same, I believe. No point in ever attempting to sell the Rev. Plus, I want to play SSB as soon as possible...

Posted by Psy

defiently the PS3, i already hate the look of the revoulotion controler and if they didnt release any good games for the gamecube i can only imagine most of the games on it will end up like the gamecube, already the PS3 caught my attention with the release of Unreal Tournament 2007,MGS4, and Stranglehold i think PS3 will be a better console then revoultion will ever be

Posted by Speedfreak

And I think you're an imbecile, funny thing is I'm the one with any evidence to back myself up!

Posted by Alastor

Rev, hands down.

I had a Playstation 1 when I first got into gaming, and my console changed pretty quick. Haven't bought a PS2 or a PSP, and I don't see myself getting a PS3, either.

I know it's not in the topic, but if for some reason I don't like the controller, I'll be getting a 360. I'll probably get a 360 even if I do like it, but it'll be a good time from now.

Posted by TendoAddict

Rev here, For ovious reasons.

MicroSoft and Sony's next gen are anything but. Im playing the same games that I did on there older council just with more polygons and a different controller.

How long intill the well of the gaming we know drys up? The industry is desperate for ideas, were seeing a few great games every once in awail but mostly rehashed same old same old. Nintendo is already growing in new directions so when the well is dryed up there fans wont be thirsty.

Posted by Pit

Rev first, PS3 eventually.

Posted by talents

revolution!!!

Posted by ShiroiHikari

Quoting black deciever: i will get the revolution first
then when kingdom hearts 3 comes out i will get the system that is for it will most likely be for ps3

You seen the 'Trailer' for that havnt you?! DEFFINATLY on the PS3 xP!

Anyway, you guys seem to base your decisions on graphics. If thats what you like, thats cool. But thats not the most important part of a game! Story, and gameplay!

I think the PS3 has the best line-up for me, RE5 and KH3 got me loving it.

I havnt seen any Revolution games that i liked, so if i decide to get this, it will be after the PS3!

I have like.. every system ever made! cept the Xbox 360. (Not too big on sports games! and the other games on their i want to play i can get on PC)

Quoted post: Anyway, you guys seem to base your decisions on graphics.

Doesn't seem that way, since the Rev has nine more votes than the PS3.

Posted by ShiroiHikari

Quoting Vampiro: Doesn't seem that way, since the Rev has nine more votes than the PS3.

I was talking about what I saw on the discussion :p

Posted by VerachiIsPimP

Yeah ps3 is ouviously going to be better then revolution because i mean look at how many other consoles they go back to i mean super nintendo look at how bad the graphics are, they are going to have to create a seperate part, i mean oh sure look at all the games you can play but its pretty crappy and thats why ps2 wasn't that good and game cube was better but ps3 will be better then revolution but ps3 isn't even close to being as powerfull as xbox 360 i mean the original xbox is really close to the ps3's power already.

Quoted post: Yeah ps3 is ouviously going to be better then revolution because i mean look at how many other consoles they go back to i mean super nintendo look at how bad the graphics are, they are going to have to create a seperate part, i mean oh sure look at all the games you can play but its pretty crappy and thats why ps2 wasn't that good and game cube was better but ps3 will be better then revolution but ps3 isn't even close to being as powerfull as xbox 360 i mean the original xbox is really close to the ps3's power already.

There's so many things wrong with that post it's almost humorous.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

bahah

I'll probably be getting the PS3 first (RPG purposes) followed by the Revolution. Both after price drops, of course.

Posted by gamerz

and after all the "disk read errors" that the playstation brand is infamously known for...

Posted by qbsd

i no this hasnt been posted in but i plan on getthin the wii lol or the rev watever u wanna call it

Posted by Dev

i plan on getting the wii, then if i save up enough money i will get the 360

Posted by Jonnymovgamer

I plan on getting the Wii

Posted by EvilDAWG

I will get a PS3 when the price comes down after a year or so; I don't think 600.00 dollars is a good prices to pay for a system that has only shown a few games that look interesting! Now I might get a Wii/Revolution before I get the PS3 just for the new controllers; looks like a lot of fun!

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Angelwing: bahah

I'll probably be getting the PS3 first (RPG purposes) followed by the Revolution. Both after price drops, of course.

Lol, when the rev price drops?

That'll be like giving them away in happy meals.

Posted by Destructoid

Quoting Dark Link: I'm gonna get both, but Revolution first then PS3.
PS3 is pending on when their 'problems' are fixed ^^

That's exactly my strategy. I'm terrified of the PS3 hardware - seems so complex over anything that's ever been done. I kinda wanna wait around and make sure it's ok to buy. I'm getting a Wii right off the bat because I think Nintendo systems have been built historically well after that whole 8-bit cart loading blow-till-you-die problem was resolved.

I wasn't gonna buy the Wii and was kinda offended that Nintendo had turned their backs on hardcore gamers by going to market with this seemingly goofy infantile product and was a diehard ps3 fan, then I got my arse in line at E3 to play it, was completely blown away, and have been twitching for another turn at Mario Galaxy since! It's a blast. The ps3 is gonna be see greatness in the long run, but I think it will have a slow start due to price and launch games being pretty much like ps2 games with a twist, or better said a tilt.

Quoting Destructoid: then I got my arse in line at E3 to play it, was completely blown away, and have been twitching for another turn at Mario Galaxy since

You actually got to the front of the line? Good man. Was bribery involved?

Posted by Bebop

Would you rather, based on what we know now, have a Wii and a 360 or PS3?

I'm choosing the former. Like with the PS2, I'm going to assume alot of the PS3 killer apps will make it 360. Besides there are more games im looking forward too on the Wii than on the 360.

Posted by Jonnymovgamer

Based off what we know, especially the pricing, I'd rather go for the Wii and the 360. Two systems for the price of a PS3. That seems reasonable.

Posted by Arcadios

I"m gonna get the Wii and the PS3 but I might rethink the 360.......until Halo 3 come out though.

Posted by Speedfreak

To be honest, just Wii right now. 360 and PS3 have disappointed me greatly. I want to have next-gen graphics but 360 doesn't have any interesting games and PS3 has one that simply isn't worth $660.

Posted by Dexter

Oblivion's a great game, Speedy. Besides that, however, there really isn't much. I don't know how the future will be for the 360, but it's not looking too impressive. I can't even think of what there is to look forward to.

Wii plz.

Posted by Axis

Check out the sig.

Posted by Klarth

Planning on just getting a Wii initially, but I might get a 360 in 2007.

All ready have a 360, and there's no doubt in my mind about getting a Wii. So, I guess it's Wii60.

Posted by TendoAddict

Wii yea, 360, maybe.

Ps3? I dont think so.

Posted by Last Fog

I recently got a 360, I couldnt wait any longer... I was getting bored with PS2 and gamecube. Theres really not too many great games on it so far, but I have to say the Live arcade is a blast. I'm having more fun with that than anything.

As for Wii, I'm unsure right now. I might get one. PS3 is out of the question.

Posted by Dexter

You just got your 360? Give it time, you'll be wanting something new soon enough. I'm looking forward to something new, something different, something I believe the Wii will be able to give me. 360 is more of the same.

Quoted post:
You just got your 360? Give it time, you'll be wanting something new soon enough.

Like Prey... I think I'm the only one looking forward to that game.

oh, and Dead Rising.

Posted by Dexter

I'll look into those games. I'd feel much better about the 360 if I had a few games to look forward to. I've played every game that I have a desire to play and more and it just has not done much for me. I defeated Outfit the other day and I'm nearly done with Condemned. Both were decent games to go through, but nothing too special.

Eh, Prey is only exciting because it does something different with the FPS genre. Dead Rising, however, just looks d[COLOR="White"]am[/COLOR]n fun. Two good summer games, ether way you look at it.

Posted by Axis

I'll be getting Dead Rising, Moto GP '06, and NCAA Football 2007 this summer for the 360. I'm still having a blast with G.R.A.W., PGR3, and Oblivion on 360. Oh, Table Tennis isn't that bad, either.

Quoted post: NCAA Football 2007

Isn't the 360 version gimped?

Posted by Axis

Quoting Vampiro: Isn't the 360 version gimped?

Last time I checked it's getting most/if not all of the features. I don't really care for the little side things like the mini-camp, etc. anyways. As long as it has Franchise and the regular Play Now matches I'm perfectly happy.

Posted by Random

XBox 360 for my Online gaming plus the better PS3 apps will be on, and the Wii for my innovative old school games. Hellz F***inig yeah!

Quoted post: Last time I checked it's getting most/if not all of the features. I don't really care for the little side things like the mini-camp, etc. anyways. As long as it has Franchise and the regular Play Now matches I'm perfectly happy.

Hm, I could have sworn I heard the Ps2 version would be the one to get...

Posted by Axis

Quoting Vampiro: Hm, I could have sworn I heard the Ps2 version would be the one to get...

Only thing I've been able to scrap up that's missing is:

-No Stadium Pulse. (This was a pain in the *** when you would play online. Everyone would choose Florida each time)
-Home Field Advantage (Couldn't care less about)
-Campus Legend Mode (Dumb)

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Quoting Vampiro: Like Prey... I think I'm the only one looking forward to that game.

oh, and Dead Rising.

You're not the only one that can't wait for it to be released. :D

Oh..and how about Gears of War? :D

Quoted post: Oh..and how about Gears of War?

Not a summer release. Not even a 2006 release.

Posted by Axis

Uh, since when was it delayed beyond 2006?

Posted by PWND_U_IN_MK

I would go with Wii and 360, as they are what I plan to get.

Quoted post: Uh, since when was it delayed beyond 2006?

Woops, I was thinking of Halo 3 for some reason.

Posted by Etna

I will be getting wii and PS3 at launch

already have 360

Posted by Klarth

95% of VGCers are turned off to the PS3.

I was expecting it to be more of a seven-to-three thing, not nineteen-to-one.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Klarth: 95% of VGCers are turned off to the PS3.

I was expecting it to be more of a seven-to-three thing, not nineteen-to-one.
It's a bad poll question cause you get two choices compared to just one.

Posted by Burrito

Quoting Last Fog: It's a bad poll question cause you get two choices compared to just one.

Yes, but they both cost about the same.

I only plan to get the Wii, but if I had to choose between a Wii and a 360 or a Wii and a PS3, I would definitel choose the Wii and 360.

Posted by Crazy K

Im more interested in the WII. I don't really care to much for the 360, but I would love to get the PS3, and 360 if I had the money, but WII is the one I wan't at the moment.

Posted by Moogs

WII60. I already own a 360 and well I have been looking forward to a Wii.

Posted by Voltage 5V

PS3 because I like to waste money. But on a serious note due to pricing and games on the systems I'de prefer a Wii and a 360.

Posted by sihTdaeRtnaCuoY

Wii60 FTW!!

Posted by Fate

Why not all of them? :/

Posted by Klarth

I think it's more of a hypothetical "if you had to choose" situation.

Or it's something for people who think the PS3 is crap.

Quoted post: Why not all of them? :/

because that's not the question. :/

Though lawd knows I'll eventually get all three.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Fate][COLOR=skyblue]Why not all of them?[/COLOR] :/

Because that's $1200 for 3 consoles with no games?

Quoted post: Because that's $1200 for 3 consoles with no games?

Over the course of about a year.

Posted by Speedfreak

I don't have a 360 yet, most people don't.

If you haven't gotten one yet, I'll assume you're capable to wait a bit longer and distance your console purchases. 1200 dollars may be a lot when tossed down on a counter all in one go, but it's actually not if you get a new console once ever four or so months.

Posted by Speedfreak

$1200 is a lot of money for zero entertainment however you look at it.

Posted by kratoss

yea but nintendo is **** so PS3 wins

Posted by Klarth

Quoting kratoss: yea but nintendo is **** so PS3 wins

What exactly is it that wins about the PS3? The fact that it could well cost over $1000 where you live? The fact that Sony's hardware ideas are lame knockoffs of things Nintendo originally implemented (crappy fragmented d-pad, untextured control sticks)? The possibility of DRM-enabled games? The forced time-consuming firmware updates? The continual flipflopping Phil Harrison has to do to brainwash the lowest common denominator into buying Sony's hardware? The lack of force feedback due to a lawsuit regarding their "innovations"? The barely-affordable, hideously gimped "budget" model? The typo on the ****ing controller? The fact that everyone hated the original controller design? The fact that Sony execs CONTINUALLY attempt to pass CGI off as in-game?

Quoted post: $1200 is a lot of money for zero entertainment however you look at it.

Which, oddly enough, is completely subjective. Much like this entire poll. Hm, go figure.

Posted by Speedfreak

Not really. A console without a game isn't very fun, unless you're about to argue that you have plenty of fun with the XBox dashboard.

1200 plus how ever much you want to spend on games. I kinda figured that was implied. I mean, why go out and spend 600 dollars and not buy a game to go with your new purchase?

Though, believe it or not, I actually did have a lot of fun with the 360 dashboard the first time I got it. I was gameless, but the demo of Geometry Wars held me over for a surprisingly long while :)

Posted by Speedfreak

I am now convinced that you will argue with me at every open oppertunity, regardless of how completely mental you sound. You do realise you're trying to say that $1200 is worth the amount of fun you get from 3 dashboards, right?

Posted by sniper

WII60? You been on NGG lately?

I'm only getting a Wii until there is a considerable price drop of the PS3.

Quoted post: I am now convinced that you will argue with me at every open oppertunity, regardless of how completely mental you sound. You do realise you're trying to say that $1200 is worth the amount of fun you get from 3 dashboards, right?

I didn't mean to argue with you, nor wanted to. I actually didn't except any of my replies to start an argument.

But, what am I'm saying, is that $1200 is worth the amount of fun I'll eventually get out of the systems when I buy a game to play it on. Whether that's the day I buy it, or a month down the road, it doesn't exactly matter. I'm, of course, talking about the people who know they want all three consoles, like myself. You might exactly not find any enjoyment in a PS3/360/Wii at all, but I know I'll eventually find something to waste my time with on all three consoles. So yes, I'm cetain that $1200 is worth, to me, the price of "3 dashboards".

I'm quite mental for believing that, aren't I? [spoiler]it also helps that I tend to not pay much attention at all during our little discussions, I guess =)[/spoiler]

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Vampiro: Though, believe it or not, I actually did have a lot of fun with the 360 dashboard the first time I got it.

Ha, I spent my first three hours with the system just shifting through the different menu pages and checking out the interface and customizability. I was thoroughly fascinated with its community-focused structure, and you couldn't get me to shut up for weeks about how well Microsoft designed the machine for online gaming.

I enjoyed Perfect Dark: Zero, both online and off, for months, as well as several other launch games. If I had time to spare between the other games I'm playing, college and social life, I'd play my dusty copy of Oblivion, as well as purchase several games that I'd like to play for the 360, such as Condemned and Tomb Raider: Legend. I also can't wait for Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting to come out for Xbox Live Arcade. Listening to the PDZ soundtrack (Thanks for releasing it, Whoever!) as of late has also reminded me that I should get back and finish the game in Perfect Agent, something I'm very close to accomplishing. Unlike some people, I had no major complaints about the single player mode, and the online game is quite addicting.

So, I guess my point is, I'll surely enjoy myself with whatever games are released for the Wii and PS3 at launch. I've never been disappointed with a new system, wishing more good games would be released for it inside its launch window.

As for the poll question, I already have a 360, so I don't have to make a choice.

Posted by mis0

I'm not spending $800 for any game system, and $400 for the 360 and the HD also seems pretty high, considering that it really isn't that great. Wii has the most interesting games, so it will be what I end up buying. I do like both Sony and Nintendo, but I'm just buying what I think will be fun - not the "best" technologically.

Posted by Fate

I know eventually there will be enough good games on each system to warrant a purchase of all, so all is what I'll get.

Posted by Oforia

Hmm. I enjoy my 360, with games that keep me busy such as Oblivion and Perfect Dark Zero; Although, I am also skeptical of how good the ps3 online play will be. Considering the fact that I always play online, I am definitely a fan of the 360. I enjoy my 360, and I think it is a great system; despite what anybody else says. I do not think the ps3 online play will be as good as the 360. I am looking forward to playing the WII, and it's games. I will get either the wii or the ps3, but because of the price and the games, I will probably end up going with the WII.

Posted by Drewboy64

Just Wii, but if those were my choices, Wii and 360, absolutely.

Posted by eaglefreak21

Wii, there is too much controversy with the PS3

Posted by The Pain

I would go with the WII and 360, it's not that I hate the PS3 or anything. It's just that the 360 and WII seem to have so many more games I look foward too than the PS3. I mean the only game im really wanting for the PS3 is Metal Gear Solid 4. Plus, i am NOT going to spend $1200 (plus games) just for a game system.

Posted by Saruin

Who Gives A Fu'ck?
If I have money I'll get both. If I don't then there are plenty enough Pc games out there. No one said gaming was cheap, maybe someday when you're date ask's you what you like to do, you can answer back "I'm a gamer" and that will be a good thing. She/he will then know you're a high roller if you got cash to fork over for games or systems.