Elfen Lied

Posted by Average n00b

Sorry if this thread is already made, but, it's a 'must-see' anime. I personaly love Lucy/Nyuu. For those who haven't seen it, and are anime fans, I suggest you try to find/download it, I personally like the English voices for this one, but I found most of the episodes on youtube.

What do you guys think of it? I was singing the theme song for 2 hours straight.

Posted by GameMiestro

Amusing, but a little too bloody for my tastes. If they cut out Yuka entirely, it would be perfect.

Posted by The Judge

I rather enjoyed it. Good storyline, lots of blood, hot tits, comedy, romance, intrigue, a mysterious past. It's got all the stuff.

Posted by Sk2k52

If anyone wants a copy of the anime, it's one of the animes I'm currently providing. IM me fast though cuz I might be deleting it after this last person gets it to save space.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I enjoyed the story. The blend of traditional romantic-comedy with ultra-violent bloodbaths was interesting, and even though Lucy is clearly an evil, evil, evil little thing, you empathize with her a little bit.

Yeah, Judge. It was nice to finally see an anime after 10-some years unafraid to actually show nipples when the ladies were nekkid. I'm so sick of all of the Barbie-doll anatomy that's been going on in more recent animes. It's not that I'm a horny bastard, but it's just unnatural for them not to be there, and it throws off the believability of the characters just a tad.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Other than the gore, violence and nudity, there's nothing too fantastic about the anime. However, it's still done pretty well, and I ended up enjoying it.

Posted by Sk2k52

Quoting Prince Shondronai: I enjoyed the story. The blend of traditional romantic-comedy with ultra-violent bloodbaths was interesting, and even though Lucy is clearly an evil, evil, evil little thing, you empathize with her a little bit.

Yeah, Judge. It was nice to finally see an anime after 10-some years unafraid to actually show nipples when the ladies were nekkid. I'm so sick of all of the Barbie-doll anatomy that's been going on in more recent animes. It's not that I'm a horny bastard, but it's just unnatural for them not to be there, and it throws off the believability of the characters just a tad.

Agreed here. Showing a girl nude without nipples during sitatuons when it's called for is like shwoing a person without fingers to me. It's all about the feel of an art.

Also, evil is just a prespective of image, I in no way find Lucy to be evil even if I believe she's lost mental stability and is extremely homicidal :D

Nyu was so cute btw ; ;

Quoted post: evil is just a prespective of image

No it's not. If we have laws saying "You can't kill a person because it's morally wrong", then it's wrong. Not only because it's just some law some lawyer made up, but also because it's a universal law. Whatever your excuse is for killing someone, whether it be because you "lol forgot" or what have you, doesn't stop it from being evil. Even if it's in self-defense, it's still wrong, just not legally.

Posted by Sk2k52

Quoting Vampiro: No it's not. If we have laws saying "You can't kill a person because it's morally wrong", then it's wrong. Not only because it's just some law some lawyer made up, but also because it's a universal law. Whatever your excuse is for killing someone, whether it be because you "lol forgot" or what have you, doesn't stop it from being evil. Even if it's in self-defense, it's still wrong, just not legally.

So a mother would be evil if a man broke into her house, killed her husband and one of her 2 kids, and she was able to somehow get the gun, but he gets another weapon, and she kills him?

Tsk, Evil is only a image, its no universal law, I see nothing evil in killing to save another, are animals evil because they kill to eat and survive? If someone eats meat are they evil?

Dun give me that bull**** that it's different because they arent people, or its not "intelligent" if it's living and can feel pain, dun give the bull**** that just because it's not human it doesnt ****ing count :mad:

Sry got alil mad, but my point still stands.

Quoted post: So a mother would be evil if a man broke into her house, killed her husband and one of her 2 kids, and she was able to somehow get the gun, but he gets another weapon, and she kills him?

Quoted post: Even if it's in self-defense, it's still wrong, just not legally.

lol read :cookie:

Quoted post: Tsk, Evil is only a image, its no universal law, I see nothing evil in killing to save another, are animals evil because they kill to eat and survive? If someone eats meat are they evil?

Evil isn't just an "image". We all live on the same planet, all abide by the same basic laws, and all believe that killing is morally wrong. In that sense, it's universal. I don't see how you could say otherwise. As for the latter part of that paragraph, well, now you're just being silly.

Oh, and it's "don't". Not "dun".

Posted by Sk2k52

Quoting Vampiro: lol read :cookie:

Evil isn't just an "image". We all live on the same planet, all abide by the same basic laws, and all believe that killing is morally wrong. In that sense, it's universal. I don't see how you could say otherwise. As for the latter part of that paragraph, well, now you're just being silly.

Oh, and it's "don't". Not "dun".

The dear fact that the law says if you kill in self defense means more than just a handful of people DON'T find it evil to kill if circumstances is justified. That fact proves that evil is just an image people like you see. You see it evil to kill under all circumstances, me, as well as many others do NOT.

Also there are many heros whom have killed, real and even the perfect kind, aka, fictional heros. None of them were called evil by the side they fought for. Good example would be Vlad The Impaler. By his enemies he was considered evil and vicious, but by the people whom he fought for he was a great hero.

Thus proving your argument invalid, you may see something as evil, but doesn't mean everyone will find that to be evil, and that evil is just what a person believes to be evil.

Evil is something you see as wrong, you may see it as evil, though it doesn't mean it's universly considered evil. If it was, nearly every last thing on this **** planet is evil, because how many can say they never killed a bug or eaten meat? If all forms of killing is evil, just eating is evil.

Edit: Also, don't turn this into a grammar/spelling/slang/whatever war, what I said was perfectly understandable, so lets stay ontopic.

Quoted post: The dear fact that the law says if you kill in self defense means more than just a handful of people DON'T find it evil to kill if circumstances is justified. That fact proves that evil is just an image people like you see. You see it evil to kill under all circumstances, me, as well as many others do NOT.

Like I said, killing, no matter the circumstance, is morally wrong. You're taking someone's life, you're causing injury and pain. And I'd I remember correctly, that's exactly what the definition of evil is. I think you're reading evil as "the source of all darkness and hell on earth!!!" kind of evil.

Quoted post: Also there are many heros whom have killed, real and even the perfect kind, aka, fictional heros. None of them were called evil by the side they fought for. Good example would be Vlad The Impaler. By his enemies he was considered evil and vicious, but by the people whom he fought for he was a great hero.

lol hitler was a good man. Please.

We're human beings. What Vlad did was very, very evil. If "his people" though he was doing good, it's because they're ****ing insane. Slave owners thought what they were doing was fine and dandy, but it wasn't. It was evil. Yes, you're right. Evil is an "image" in that some people don't agree with what the rest of the world believes to be as evil. And those people are ****ing bat**** crazy. We have standards. Come on.

Quoted post:
Thus proving your argument invalid, you may see something as evil, but doesn't mean everyone will find that to be evil, and that evil is just what a person believes to be evil.

Read above. We, as humans, have standards as to what's morally wrong and what's morally good. You have proved nothing, other than the fact that Vlad thought he was a hero... even though everyone else considers him to be one of the most evil people ever born. Hell, he's even associated with the likes of Dracula, who is considered the king of all evil basically. That should tell you something right there.

Quoted post: Evil is something you see as wrong, you may see it as evil, though it doesn't mean it's universly considered evil. If it was, nearly every last thing on this **** planet is evil, because how many can say they never killed a bug or eaten meat? If all forms of killing is evil, just eating is evil.

One again you're being silly.

Quoted post:
Edit: Also, don't turn this into a grammar/spelling/slang/whatever war, what I said was perfectly understandable, so lets stay ontopic.

k

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Killing without provocation is evil. There's no shades of gray about that. Lucy kills without provocation in mass quantities on several occaisions, and doesn't apologize for it. It wasn't that she couldn't control her powers and did it by accident, either. She enjoyed seeing the Hawaiian Punch spray from their eviscerated corpses. She fully understood what she was doing and didn't care. Evil.

Posted by Ant

A monster created by man whoever...

So I wouldn't say it was her fault for becoming the way she is, but evil, nonetheless.

Posted by The Judge

She was born that way. She can't help it.

Posted by Sable Wind

*oblivious to all arguments*

I loved that anime. Titties, gore, love. My type of stuff.

Though it did irk me how the girl had her dog taken away, then the dog was back an episode later.

Nice job, writers...?

Posted by ShiroiHikari

Elfen Lied is one of my favorites! It has much too offer :p! really sad story also :(! the ending was like.. tear jerking!

Posted by Average n00b

I'm glad that there's only 13 episodes aswell (Not counting the special...) It ended pretty nicely, I'm getting rather sick of anime that episodes are above 30. But Lucy is a really nice character, it was sad at the end though *Sigh*

Posted by Winky

This is such a good anime. The whole setup was great. Though I do think they over-did the powers of #35 (in comparision with the others). The only reason why any of them were "evil" was because they were abused, tormented, and unloved in some kind of way, in part making them hate the world.
Put yourself in the part of lucy, being tormented every day non-stop, then your dog being killed right in front of you like that. How can you not lose it after that.

over-all a very very good anime...

EDIT: oh yea Sable Wind.... what I got from the dog coming back (on a broken leash...) is that it ran away again

Posted by Dexter

Probably the most depressing anime I've ever seen. Excellent.

Posted by Klarth

DEXTER IS EMO.

Still only watched it up to episode seven or so because that's when my computer died. I'll start from the beginning next week.

Posted by Dexter

As soon as I finished the first episode, I knew I was going to be stuck until I finished them all. I watched them all in one sitting. I couldn't help it. I always wanted to know what was going to happen next and I couldn't leave without knowing. Stopping in the midst of the story just wouldn't work for me.

Anyone know where I could order that music box? There's got to be some online anime store somewhere out there with such items.

Posted by The Judge

A music box that plays Lillium? Try ebay.

Awesome Anime. And it only makes me laugh that I have all the DVD's sitting in my room while Klarth has to wait for more downloads. :)

Posted by Winky

Quoting Klarth: DEXTER IS EMO.

Still only watched it up to episode seven or so because that's when my computer died. I'll start from the beginning next week.

klarth knows how to watch anime the nerdiest way (i.e the same way I do) start to finish. You obsessive freak ^_-

Posted by Dexter

Quoting The Judge: A music box that plays Lillium? Try ebay.

Oh, trust me, I've tried eBay. I've never found it there or anywhere else. I'm thinking there may be a store somewhere out there who has one. Perhaps one of my cosplay companions will know of a place.

Posted by Winky

learn how to make the music machine thing yourself (take an old one apart, replace the cyclinder and the musical note thingys.... people have done it before)... if you do actually do this... tell me and make a tutorial.. of course it'll take a long time to get right... but it will be worth it (and I dont think the cyclinders and stuff aren't that expensive)

EDIT:

heres a link on how to make a custome one... good luck... lol

http://mmd.foxtail.com/Archives/Digests/199810/1998.10.07.16.html

oh and if you need just the song

first two are the music box theme song

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=314750

or direct link to the song

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songinfo.cfm?bandid=314750&songID=2284632&from=downloadsong.cfm&referer=http://www.animenfo.com/forums/post-112704.html

Posted by Dexter

I am tempted to do this, but I doubt I'll have the opportunity to take the time to get it done properly. The next couple weeks are going to be so jammed with school and work. Is there anyone out there who I can hire/pay to make it for me?