AC/DC or GREENDAY

Posted by odie747

me and my friend have a feud about whoose better

Posted by Shin-Ra

Those must be short feuds.

I don't care for either of the bands, honestly. Greenday doesn't sound good at all and AC/DC is a bit too trite and ridiculous.

Posted by Raptor

I can tolerate Green Day to an extent, though I don't like them anymore. As for AC/DC, I flat-out loathe them. If I wanted to listen to that much screeching I'd hang out by a pre-school.

Posted by sabre

I really don't have any respect for Green Day's talents. It's all exceptionally bland, and it just lacks spirit. Very whiny, not interesting, the hooks don't appeal to me... just pretty much definition bad. At least AC/DC have a glimmer of interest.

Posted by TonyPolock

Bothem of them suck.
GreenDay steals riffs from tons of bands and wishes they where like the Living end.
AC/DC all there songs sound the same, so in conclusion both bands, and raptor can suck my big fat dinker.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Wheres the Neither option?

Posted by Arwon

Quoting TonyPolock: Bothem of them suck.
GreenDay steals riffs from tons of bands and wishes they where like the Living end.

Though, Greenday didn't get all their best work done in thier first album then kinda run out of ideas, whereas the Living End did...

Posted by rivercitytecmo

not to mention that green day formed well before the living end.

Posted by Axis

[COLOR=Black]If I had to listen to either band, it would be Green Day, only for their dookie album though.[/COLOR]

Posted by Shin_Akuma

AC/DC owns, Green Day sucks...so AC/DC

Posted by mis0

They both blow. Your mum.

AC/DC is nothing but fingernails on a nearly endless chalkboard, and Greenday is quite an example of being completely unchanged since their 1985 highschool graduation.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I really like AC/DC, and only like Green Day a little bit

Posted by Boner

I am a fan of AC/DC. But, I can see how some people wouldn't like them. As for Greenday.....meh.

Posted by Dexter

AC/DC are terrible. I used to listen to Green Day frequently during the late '90s, ever since Dookie came out in '94 (?). I think it was 94 'cause that was the same year Offspring's "Smash" CD came out. That is when I started getting into music.

Posted by DeathScape

Probably Green Day. I really liked Homecoming. (Song.)

Posted by TheSecondComing

I'm quite fond of both of them.

That Scottish AC/DC vocalist, though... ewww.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Khaos: and Greenday is quite an example of being completely unchanged since their 1985 highschool graduation.

That's actually AC/DC. Listen to Back In Black then Ballbreaker - they're exactly the same, but the latter lacks originality and interest, and has some random clean intro.

I give both bands quite a bit of credit, although I keep both off my iPod for the purposes of not being bothered by people who can't recognise the rest of the music on it.

In terms of AC/DC, I like Back In Black and Highway To Hell (the songs).
For Green Day, I like Jesus of Suburbia.

Is there really any point in comparing the two? Although they're both rock, they're rather different. Just enjoy them both.

Posted by Lazy Guitar

Odd to compare them... AC/DC. I'm immature, I find their songs funny.

Posted by Klarth

"BBBBZZZZZ raaagh! we're controled by the media and tv tels us what to do guyz (aparently lol but its never told me to kill people! yeah, death is cool!!!), americas so stupid!!!! BZZZZZ *pointless drum solo* we're all gay, lol, no we're not!!! BZZZZZ"

on the other hand, I thought TNT was a very good song, but I've yet to hear anything else good from ac/dc. so, acdc it is.

Posted by Illyria110

i like green day i guess, even though their songs are really generic.....maybe that makes me generic......hmmm maybe i should rethink my taste in music.......

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Neither.

Posted by thug2777

GREEN DAY, GREEN DAY ROCKS THE BEST

BOULEVARD OF BROKEN DREAMS

Posted by Green Day

Not Quite Sure

Posted by auzzman5151

ACDC is "Cock Rock". You listen to them when your in the mood. And Green Day you can only listen to soo much of them before you get annoyed.

They both suck

Posted by TheSecondComing

I just saw Green Day play two songs live for the inaugral MTV Australia awards, so I'm going to change my mind and push them ahead of Acca Dacca. They were confident, experienced, a lot better than I expected, and for that matter better than anyone else at the show.

Posted by cheese_muncher

ac/dc are better than those bastards greenday although neither are any good

Posted by Klarth

Very astute of you.

I despise Green Day even more now, having acquired a classmate who is a raging fan.

Posted by I feel Yellow?

I agree with cheese_muncher he is ugly :P

greenday :P

Posted by Shade

When I first listened to AC/DC (Hell Bells), I though that were pretty good. Then the guy started singing. I absolutely loathed them after that, had they acquired a decent singer, I would have loved them. The guitar rocks.

I seem to be one of the only people here who kind of like Green Day. I find that they have a few songs that I really like, for example: Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Good Riddence, Wake Me Up When September ends, and Letterbomb.

So, I like Green Day better.

Posted by Killer Jordo

AC/DC All the way!
There gona take me to hells bells!!!!!!!
AC/DC FOREVER!!!!W00T!

Posted by Pacifico

Eh, I enjoy some of Green Day's songs, but I it's hard for me to think of a band like Green Day comparing to a band like AC/DC. So I would say AC/DC

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Shade: When I first listened to AC/DC (Hell Bells), I though that were pretty good. Then the guy started singing. I absolutely loathed them after that, had they acquired a decent singer, I would have loved them. The guitar rocks.

The singing is sort of one of their signature things. Even when their original vocalist Bon Scott died, they got a similar guy. It's not as if they would work with someone like Dio as lead vocalist.

And when Jack Black sings It's a Long Way to the Top, even he attempts to sing more recognisably like teh AC/DC - compare it to Tenacious D or the School of Rock song and you'll see it's true.

Posted by Slade

For me, there's hardly a contest here- AC/DC. Greenday reeks of "hip-now-but-gonna-be-lame-later"ness, while AC/DC will never change. The few songs that I liked of Greenday's were overplayed to the point that I really don't enjoy them anymore. As far as I can remember, I liked their older shtuff a lot more.

AC/DC.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Slade: while AC/DC will never change

I've said this before, but I'd have to say that's an absolutely horrible thing. Ballbreaker has just been done over and over and over again, and the only new addition to it when compared to, say, Back In Black, were a handful of clean intros. They just lost energy and originality. Selling out? I'd rather see a change in musical style than the exact same thing for 15 years straight.

Posted by Disturbed_one

Im not sure how you could compare the two AC/DC is so much better than greenday there isnt any compitition

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Disturbed_one: Im not sure how you could compare the two AC/DC is so much better than greenday there isnt any compitition

[SIZE=7]DON'T BUMP OLD THREADS[/size]

Posted by Kaise Suratu

Erh...

That's quite imposible to compare. I believe that Green Day is a lot better than AC/DC. You have to be in that mood for AC/DC. If I had to sign a band between AC/DC or Green Day, I'd deffiently choose AC/DC just because I believe that more people would come to the concert. It would sell out faster. Green Day is a whole lot better, in my own oppinion. The Sums are better than both bands. I watched the DVD of Sum 41, it was hillarious.

Posted by Hyper

I'll go with Green Day because I haven't heard all that much of AC/DC. Early Greenday, though, American Idiot really sucks besides maybe one or two songs that don't suck as much as the rest.

But hey, if I can play the entire American Idiot album on my guitar, they've kinda gotta suck

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Richaod: [SIZE=7]DON'T BUMP OLD THREADS[/size]

i agree with you richaod

Posted by Hyper

didn't appear to be old when I replied anymore :cool: plus, why not let more people comment in peace?

Posted by Shin_Akuma

I don't think there is even a comparison between AC/DC and Green day, AC/DC is just so much better its not even funny (IMO). Not to mention Angus could own Billie Joe on the guitar.

Posted by katheriah

greenday are alot better than ac/dc

Posted by Acheron

To be honest, I'm going with Green Day there. Yay, uninspired pop-rock that occasionally tries its hand at uninspired pop-punk. They may be the most chillingly mediocre band on the planet, but their songs are at least vaguely pleasant and listenable (though American Idiot seems intent on proving me wrong).

And then listen to an AC/DC song. You try telling me in all honesty that during "Back in Black" the lead singer does not sound like a parrot being sodomized at points.

Posted by Creature

AC/DC ownes all bands. Green Day sucks so munch I hate them all. DIE GREEN DAY

ANGUS FOR EVER

Posted by Shade

Ugh...

Posted by kaseyrocks

both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by The Dark Harmonixer

I'll go with Greenday,even though not one of my favorite bands I actually listen to some Greenday (old Greenday anyways)I never really found AC/DC appealing to my taste of music,though I recognize they are very popular,so respect.

Posted by segashadow128gcn

they both suck alot to me but ac/dc becasuse greendays new ablum can go rot in hell. anti american bull crap. there not even punk anymore there worse there pop rock! ultra no-no

Posted by Killer Jordo

[COLOR=Red][SIZE=7]AC[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=Yellow][SIZE=7]/[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=Red][SIZE=7]DC[/SIZE][/COLOR]

w00t

Posted by Hyper

The next person that wears an ac/dc shirt at my school gets a swift kick in the nuts. Actually, nevermind. My leg would get tired. Half my school's population wears one of those every single day :(

What's worse is the ones with the AC/DC shirt and the Green Day - American Idiot wristband. :(