What video game would you remake?

Posted by Takuya Kanabara

I would most definitely remake Sonic Adventure 2:Battle. There are too many glitches for me to put up with. I would make minor changes on WWE DoR. On WrestleMania XIX, the caged fencing, if damaged in a Hell in a Cell match stayed down when the match was over. On DoR, the fencing, if damaged stayed undamaged when the match was over. I hope they're cutting back on the realism in games.

Posted by Pit

You know, when you said remaking, I thought it'd be to remake a game that's old, not remake a modern one just because there's a few glitches. I mean, if you think about it, it isn't a remake, you're just altering the game so it doesn't have glitches... it'll be the same exact game.

Now, I'd remake Super Metroid for the GBA. More bosses, more powerups, longer game, same core gameplay. Just change the crateria around to accomodate Zero Mission.

Posted by Speedfreak

The Soul Blazer series for GBA. They're far more worthy than the decrepid Final Fantasy 1 and 2.

Posted by Night Owl

The Perfect Dark for N64

Posted by buddha

i would probobly remake the original metal gear solid before the ps1 ever came out.Mainly because of the kickass fight between snake and ninja in the middle of a minefield.

Posted by Last Fog

I can't think of any game in particular that I'd like a remake of, but what I would like to see is a Nintendo compilation disc.

That'd be fricken sweet! [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/lastfog/napoleon.bmp[/IMG]

You know, like Namco or Activision have done. Stick all the classics on one awesome game with little extras like documentaries of early versions or whatever.

Posted by Bubblez

I'd do a remake for Zelda - Ocarina Of Time (and all the other Zelda games in 3D) in 2D like Link To The Past. I've seen some pictures on a website from a guy who does it with Ocarina Of Time and it looks **** sweet.

Posted by Burn

Well, I didn't think of this very much until I played the Area 51 demo, but I am psyched that that old-school Stationary Gun arcade game was remade into something, even if it did switch to FPS (which I actually like better). That was one of the only Arcade games I actually attempted to beat in the Arcade with my friends...

Posted by Takuya Kanabara

Quoting Pit: You know, when you said remaking, I thought it'd be to remake a game that's old, not remake a modern one just because there's a few glitches. I mean, if you think about it, it isn't a remake, you're just altering the game so it doesn't have glitches... it'll be the same exact game.

The game will completely re-imaged. Graphics will be more crisped, detailed, and more life-like. The levels will be a little longer and there will be more enemies to bash which gives gamers a better chance to use hidden items if obtained. The characters will also have more levels and bosses to face. The dailog will most likely stay the same unless change is needed. There will be a two-player story mode. In this case, Bosses difficulty will slighty increase. There will be more hidden items to find. A new feature will be put in to most likely to increase the funfactor. The new feature is Exp. Experience will be given to the characters to use abilties that were only used in the two-player battle mode. Sonic will use the attack Sonic Wind and Time Stop when he reaches a certain level. Shadow will use his attacks Chaos Spear and Chaos Control upon leveling up. Both will optain the ability Chaos Control. Different from Shadow's attack Chaos Control when he stops time and space. (NOTE:The Chaos Emeralds are stronger than you think.) The ability Chaos Control which Shadow and Sonic will obtain as a team or individually will temporarily allow them to go into their Super forms. If damged, the ring count will decrease quicker. About the others, Knuckles will be able to go into his hyper mode. His Hyper Mode is limited. A guage will be on the screen to indicate his Hyper. His Hyper is a reflection upon him to the number of enemies he smash. Rouge will be given the ability to use Screech. Screech will allow her to find enemies in the dark and also daze he her enemies. Tails and Eggman items will stay the same. There items will just power them up and ascend to a new level. New characters will be on this game such as Ashura the Green Hedgehog, Mighty the Armadillo, Princess Sally, and other un-seen Sonic characters. These are some features that will be added if I could remake Sonic Adventure 2: Battle.

Posted by Pit

Quoting buddha: i would probobly remake the original metal gear solid before the ps1 ever came out.Mainly because of the kickass fight between snake and ninja in the middle of a minefield.

Metal Gear for NES or Metal Gear Solid for PS1? Because if you are talking about Metal Gear Solid (which is a playstation game), then it's out. Isn't it Twin Snakes on the cube?

Posted by thug2777

I would remake the first paper mario for n64 and probably spiderman 2 for the xbox.

Posted by Slade

I would remake River City Ransom into a 3d game(with realistic graphics). It'd pretty much be a bash-em-up with all those lovely weapons included in the original(SNES version). ...Man, I loved that game.

I was just thinking that the dumbest answer possible would be Tetris.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

The Guardian Legend on the NES. An arcade shooter combined with an RPG-ish planetary exploration epic. Loads and loads of weapons and upgrades. Fun, fun, fun!

Lagoon on the SNES. An otherwise brilliant game, somewhat stunted by the difficulty of actually wielding your main weapon. Give it a Zelda-ish makeover and some unique innovations involving the magic system and rather linear nature of the environments, keep the gorgeous graphical style and music, and you've got a winner for the current generation of action-RPGs.

Posted by Axis

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Black]Hmm...I think I would re-make the Rush series (San Francisco Rush, Rush 2, and Rush 2049) for the modern day consoles. I missed that game soo much and I wish Midway would bring the games back. I would make it online and add tons of cars like they do on Grand Turismo 4. I would add more cities such as: Chicago, New York, Miami, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Seattle, Denver, and international cities like: Paris, London, Rome, Tokyo, Shangai, Sydney, Auckland, Moscow, Berlin, etc. Yeah, that game would be sweet.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Crazy K

I would probably do a remake on WWE Smackdown VS. Raw. One reason is the season mode. Season mode really sucked in it.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Hah! I'm guessing somebody got their Gamepro magazine today?:p

There are many games that, given the opportunity, I'd remake (or, at least, want remade). One of the main ones would be Streets of Rage, the first game that I strongly remember playing and beating. Sidescrolling was never so good!

Battletoads, anybody? One of the hardest games ever created, and I had the most fun trying to beat it. That, along with Battletoads and Double Dragons. God, they were so hard.

Columns, just another puzzle game? I know I miss it.:(

Another remake of Shinobi would be very cool, too.

I'd like to see another game featuring Strider Hiryu.

Samurai Showdown as a great fighting game. The only show any of hte character have made since then have been in Capcom vs. SNK. I doubt it's possible to see a remake of that, though.

After Burner I and II were airplane games, and I loved them both. Unfortunately, neither have made their way back to this generation of consoles.

Finally, Golden Axe would be so nice to have back, too. Is it just coincidence that all of these games were on the Sege Genesis?

Posted by ALQUIRTIS INFERNO

How boute Alladdin for the Wii??

Posted by Big Boss

Wow... 3-year-old thread revival...

Games I'd remake:

Mega Man/ Mega Man X - I'm not picky about which series I'd remake, but I'd love to see the run-and-gun gameplay successfully translated to 3D. While Legends were awesome games, the gameplay was different than the classic series.

Every Metal Gear game before MGS4 - While unrealistic, I'd love to see all MG games previous to MGS4 be remade with the quality of the latest in the series. At least, we should see a remake of the first two Metal Gear games.

Bushido Blade - Recently, I read an article that reminded me of the awesomeness of Bushido Blade. The game was a "realistic" fighter in that there were no health bars, combos or counters. Each character had a sword, and that meant a single sword swipe could end a fight. This made the game incredibly interesting, as players would run and jump around the level, trying to get in position for the one-hit kill. While the game's structure means it probably won't get remade as a retail product, it should definitely be a title worth remaking in PSN or Xbox Live Arcade.

Posted by Speedfreak

I'VE NEVER EVEN PLAYED SOUL BLAZER. WHAT THE HELL.

If I could pick a game to be remade it's would be one with brilliant core gameplay that could benefit directly from new technology, not just in the presentation but as further enhancement to that gameplay. Remakes are wasted on games that were fine to begin with and can only be improved upon superficially.

Blast Corps

A game where you destroy buildings as fast as possible using gigantic trucks and robots. Limited by the N64s technology there were next to no physics whatsoever, superplaying relied almost purely on glitches. A remake that leveraged physics engines to give different structures weak points and different destruction tactics is something I want to see, let alone the awesome graphics that would naturally accompany it. Some would call this a sequel, I say we've just grown too used to sequels that barely do anything different from the original.

Ah, a forgotten but good thread like this deserves a new entry, I guess:

Shadowgate: As one of the few people in the world who actually liked Shadowgate 64, I'd love to see the original game done in that style.

Posted by maian

Metal Gear, and Metal Gear 2.

:cookie:

These games really need to be remade. It would do wonders for the Metal Gear universe. I'm not even going to explain anymore, IT NEEDS TO BE DONE.

Eva heard of EFRUM STEWARTTTT. I WHIPPED GANNONNS ***!!!

Posted by Alastor

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask with some crazy awesome dark cel-shaded graphic style. Something like a cross between Wind Waker in terms of quality, but more akin to something like Killer7 or Okami in terms of colors.

Tales of Phantasia with a modern upgrade could be nice, too.

Too bad neither will ever happen.

Posted by Speedfreak

Sin and Punishment
A 3D on rails shoot em up for the N64, in which you controlled a character on a moving platform on which you were able to strafe left and right, roll, jump and shoot anywhere on the screen completely independently from your movement. And you had a sword. It's the perfect example of why Treasure make the best action games ever. Starfox hasn't got shit on this game, it is God. Every mechanic felt perfect, well all apart from one: the aiming. It wasn't perfect, it was merely great, fine, adequate. Moving your character with the D-pad and aiming with the analog stick took getting used to, but you could get used to it. So why remake it? Because it could benefit directly from Wii Remote aiming. They could just slap the old N64 engine onto a Wii disc and get some sensor bar code in there and it'd go from an amazing game to an amazing game that you could hand to your girlfriend.

Posted by Unite

I would like to see a remake of Xenogears for ps3

Posted by misogenie

Remaking the videogame console to prevent graphic and sound problems means a better idea to find out how the arrangement of components should look if getting rid of heat from the power supply is such a problem. Instead of lines of straight rows on a board, I believe the components should be suspended like pegs on a clothes line so that more cool air surrounds them getting rid of the heat much quicker. I wonder why FPS shooter games seem lonesome and quiet most of the time because having too many enemies every minute means too much heat for one fan to handle and a ridiculous breakdown results.
:cool: :eek: :amy:

Quoting misogenie: Remaking the videogame console to prevent graphic and sound problems means a better idea to find out how the arrangement of components should look if getting rid of heat from the power supply is such a problem. Instead of lines of straight rows on a board, I believe the components should be suspended like pegs on a clothes line so that more cool air surrounds them getting rid of the heat much quicker. I wonder why FPS shooter games seem lonesome and quiet most of the time because having too many enemies every minute means too much heat for one fan to handle and a ridiculous breakdown results.
:cool: :eek: :amy:

Those words...they appear to be english...but their arrangement is alien to me. It sounds like this person wants a console the size of a small room so that shooters can join hands each other jumping over the frame.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Zombies Ate My Neighbors, bam.[/COLOR]

Posted by Speedfreak

Starfox
Yeah, alright, technically there already has been a remake/reboot with Starfox 64, but after playing 64 heavily on on Virtual Console then playing Sin and Punishment then playing 64 again then playing the original SNES Starfox I can't help but notice that the game (64) sucks balls. First off they managed to make flying the Arwing as tame an experience as possible, it controls like dragging a stick through sand. Gone is the sense of momentum of the original, Nintendo chose to cruelly iron out neat touches like barrel rolls slowing to a stop and bouncing off the floor when you scratch your wings. But that's not even the half of it. In Starfox, almost every enemy has some bastard tactic to kill you, and at least every target was a moving one. Starfox 64, on the other hand, is chock full of pointless enemies that literally stand around with their thumbs up their arse or slowly sail into view waiting to be shot. Even on the supposedly hardest level in the game, Area 6, you're handed gigantic satellites to rip apart on a silver platter, they do nothing to defend themselves. Consider this anecdote as testament to the difficulty of Starfox: 20 minutes ago I fired it up on emulator and selected the hardest route. I died four times on the second level trying to bob and weave through an asteroid field (yeah, you do actually have to dodge these asteroids), avoid the little f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]ckers that actually launch them at you while blasting the s[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]it out of bomberman-like space bombs before they catch me in their blast radius. All the while filling the screen with lasers because some genius (not actually sarcasm) at Argonaut recognised that aiming with tracers is a heck of a lot cooler and thrilling than with aiming with a crosshair.
But it's not just the gameplay, the game had a very unique visual style that Nintendo decided to rape and turn into a Star Wars fest for the N64 game. It wasn't until the Gamecube game that we could see just how awesome the triangle-based aesthetic could look on a system more powerful than today's average microwave. Nevermind that they turned the gameplay into child's play and rid the game of it's bright, sharp visuals, Nintendo also saw fit to replace the sonically awesome techno-classical-rock-funk fusion blasting your eardrums with, you guessed it, something more Star Wars inspired. It went from a highly original, clever, meaty little shooter to something that blended into the crowd, scared to offend anyone. And here's the real shocker, before 64, Slippy wasn't an annoying little s[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]it, and you weren't fighting against an army of annoying little s[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]its with annoying little s[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]it cohorts popping up every so often. It was you and your crack squadron VS an almost infinite number of faceless spaceships and the bastard at the end controlling all of them. A lot of the time you couldn't even begin to imagine what might be living, what was a robot and what actually might be piloted by a guy. And really, why the hell would you want to wipe clean such delicious uncertainty from the player's mind?

So if you haven't guessed, the main reason to remake this would be to reboot the reboot, put it back to the original setting and never touch the BIOS ever again. But there's more to it than that, the original SNES game ran at a whopping (insert sting of my sarcasm here) 20 FPS, if you're lucky. The limited 3D could also be a major problem sometimes, especially when the asteroids were sprites and your only judge of their distance from you was just how pixelated it looked. And obviously an analog stick wouldn't go amiss so you could actually aim and fly like a pro.

Posted by Sr. Arrogant Bastard

Blackthorn from Blizzard, i had so much fun just shooting them Basta... eh i keep dreaming it happens

Posted by S0LID 5NAKE

i would probably remake the very first mortal Kombat. but i would remake so that i t plays more like a hardcore graphic old skool kung fu flick, and not some type of fantasy fighting game. i would also add a grainy film filter and i would give it various camera angles to accomodate the action and punches and kicks etc, so that it looks like youre watching a graphic kung fu movie. i would also change the control scheme so that it plays more like soul calibur in terms of controls

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

Final Fantasy VI. I've been playing the original recently, and I would just love to see what they can do to it when they take it over to 3D. Or Earthbound.

Posted by maian

I was actually just about to come in here and say that. AA hit it on the nail.

FFIV DS was an excellent remake, and perfect for that game. However...I'd like to see a real remake for FFVI. Honestly, I think FFVI is a game that has enough depth that, even now, it'd be superior to most RPGs in terms of story, characters, atmosphere, and hopefully, gameplay. PSP would suffice to me, but to see a next-gen remake of FFVI? It would blow my mind. And think of what they could do if they redid all of the music. Best soundtrack ever made? It probably would be.

The only thing I wouldn't want to see about FFVI remake is that every male would be uber-faggotized and every female would become a whore. :( I'd hate to see Locke look anything like Vaan. ;_;

Posted by Vasioth

I'd like to see Oot remade with better graphics (well, just altering the graphics really).

Metal Gear 1 and 2 would be good to remake aswell with graphics up to date with MGS4 and actual talking in the dialogue. Also due to the fact that I only ever played both of them once at a friends and couldn't get a copy of it anywhere =\ ...

Final Fantasy 9 would be a good remake also as would Chrono trigger with upto date graphics. I think they might be already remaking Chrono Trigger for the DS but I'm not sure if its graphics will be enhanced by much..

Posted by Jesse Smith

The Legend of Zelda, Crystalis, Dragon Warrior 1-4, and Final Fantasy.

One thing I loved in games were secrets. For example, hidden areas in Crystalis, and a LOT of places to bomb or light on fire in the Legend of Zelda. Of course the thing I would do to the games is add a LOT more secrets to the games.

For example, for Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior, I would add a LOT of secret areas where you could go to find gold, items, and monsters that give you stuff. AND each time you start a new game, the locations to find the secrets would be different. Final Fantasy would also have areas in the ocean, cavces castles, towns...to find secrets.

In The Legend of Zelda I would also add a lot of secret areas and have them in different areas every time you start a new game. In the levels I would also have way more secrets.

Of course I would have to start playing video games again.... :D

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

Ah yes, the original Zelda, done up in 3D, but with the same level design. That would actually kick some serious arse.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

WWF No Mercy(or WCW Revenge), Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire, Parasite Eve, Comix Zone, Strider, and Rampage are all I could think of that no one else mentioned.

Posted by JPolito830

I would make WWF No Mercy...Best wrestling game ever, just needs some better graphics and an updated roster!

Posted by misogenie

Tetris Invaders is my fantasy idea of combining Space Invaders and Tetris. Inside each falling block, a row of same-colored space invader enemy ships sit in each square . For example, a red block contains a row of red space invaders; a green block contains a row of green space invaders; a blue block contains a row of blue space invaders; a yellow block contains a row of yellow space invaders. You can imagine the pinging sound of the space invader blocks as they connect and disappear. Space Invaderitis - I enjoyed the crablike space crawlers with their bass-sounding sideways walk back in the early 1980s.
This rythmic bass-sounding sideways walk can be heard again by these falling blocks, becoming faster when the blocks fall faster:eek: :eek: :cool: :cool:

Posted by David M. Awesome

I would remake Secret of Mana, although it would be difficult to expand on its perfection. :cool:

[quote=Admiral Anthrax;874717]Final Fantasy VI. I've been playing the original recently, and I would just love to see what they can do to it when they take it over to 3D. Or Earthbound.

They could totally ruin all of the characters, and I'm sure that they would. I don't want to see any of them rendered as faggoty little girly men, and I don't want to hear what sorts of horrible voice actors they'll come up with. Especially for Kefka. There's no one in the world who could get him right.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Legend of Mana: Make it 3d.

Posted by Red

I'd like to see a current-gen Threads of Fate, with improved controls and fighting system.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Threads of Fate had a good ending, but a terrible leveling system. You pretty much have to stumble into a shop to find out about the upgrades.

Posted by Red

yeah, and to improve max HP you'd have to get hit on purpose.

it was weird but I kind of liked it because it made it somewhat of a challenge sometimes.

Posted by maian

Speaking of remaking FFVI characters, KEFKA LOL! He reminds me of Ryuk from Death Note.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/39552.html

...So uh, what the hell is this game?

Posted by David M. Awesome

Looks like Kingdom Hearts without the Disney aspect.

Is it bad that ZIDANE is the most bad *** character in that entire video?

Also, I think it's absolutely ridiculous that Square Enix makes these movies with so much action when their entire series is based on bland, turn based combat.