OBLIVION POORLY MANUFACTURED?

Posted by blade527

I finally got hold of 'Elder Scrolls Oblivion' after 1 month of saving up (I ended up selling my brother's gamecube to get it, lol since hes at university) only to find out that the games audio is disfunctional. When the game loaded the music when the 'bethesda' logo appeared ket on stoppin and jamming, at that point I convinced myself I was imagining it. So I decided to start a new game, when I did I found I I wasn't imagining it, when the king was talking his voice stopped abruptly multiple times and if that wasn't bad enough when the unsmooth video showing the 'land' (at the beginning) came, some objects appeared to be 'blured' and have fuzzy lines going through them.

This dissapointed me off since I had to drive through the traffic and wait in the loooong que to get it, so I went back to the shop I perchased it from and got a brand new coppy only to turn on my xbox 360 and find exactly the same problem only this time the video moved even more unsmoothly than before. Now I was ****ed off and I drove all the way to the shop again (this time not so politly) and I ended up leaving with my 3rd coppy of 'oblivion'. I booted up my xbox 360 and put in the game, and to my surprise the exact same error occured, I was outraged and I this time I didn't bother to get another coppy of the game.

This 'audio'/smoothness problem has never occured in any of the other xbox 360 games i own, meaning its not my xbox, but the game itself. Has this happened to anyone else, or am I just unlucky?

Posted by Axis

You're just unlucky. I haven't had any audio problems at all on my copy. I suggest taking it back and getting a new copy.

Posted by Roger Smith

Just storm back to wherever you got it, explain the problems and get a new copy.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yup, do what the people above said. Though, DO expect a few glitches here and there - audio problems, graphical, crashes, freezes, et cetera. It won't happen often, but the game is so huge that you have to expect these sorts of things.

Posted by Roger Smith

It becomes especially apparent if you've played the original Elder Scrolls games, like Morrowind.

Gawd, I still have nightmares about the glitches in that game.

Posted by Big Boss

I haven't had any issues thus far with my Collector's Edition copy, although I've read in some reviews there're audio bugs.