Help with graphics setup.

Posted by Proto Man

I am thinking about getting a graphics card for my IBM Aptiva (DOS game machine), but I am not sure about what kind to get.

The machine:

Pentium Processor (133 Mhz)
32 MB of RAM
2GB hard drive
DOS 6.22/Windows for Workgroups 3.11

It has onboard graphics, Trident 9680, but I think it would be good to get a PCI card instead. Can anyone help me with this setup? Thanks.

Posted by Arczu

[font=Times New Roman]Aptiva eh? I'm not an expert when it comes to graphics cards and setup, but you may have to be a little careful with your choices.

We once had an Aptiva, and it had big problems accepting the soundcard we installed, compared to the one onboard it already. Could happen with a graphics card.
[/font

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Arczu: [font=Times New Roman]Aptiva eh? I'm not an expert when it comes to graphics cards and setup, but you may have to be a little careful with your choices.

We once had an Aptiva, and it had big problems accepting the soundcard we installed, compared to the one onboard it already. Could happen with a graphics card.
[/font

Well the Soundblaster 16 I put in works perfect, so that's not a problem. *shrugs* thanks for the advice though.

Posted by Trigger

S3 Trio 3D graphics card with 2MB memory seems like it'd do you well. I have one in my closet, although it's AGP fitted.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Trigger: S3 Trio 3D graphics card with 2MB memory seems like it'd do you well. I have one in my closet, although it's AGP fitted.

Thank you. I will look into that.