PRTOMAN vs. ZERO

Posted by Red

alright let's all try this now, Ive got permission from Stalolin ( see the rules thread ) and I really want to see who you think is better and why, now just remember not to act like a bunch of whining screaming children and remember it's everyones own oppinion...

Posted by Dog

they both are awsome. if you put them both combined, it would be awsome.

Posted by Red

I'm saving my vote until I can see what others have to say they might convince me, but right now it's most definatley leaning to Zero. although hes the copy cat form of protoman hes still cooler.

Posted by Stalolin

Nothing can defeat the power of Protoman's Matrix glasses.

Posted by Dog

lol i just noticed that/

Posted by Zeta

[spoiler]GBD>[/spoiler]MMZ Zero>BN Zero>Classic ProtoMan>MMX Zero>BN ProtoMan

Don't question why BN Zero is near the top.

Posted by Red

when was there a BN zero?

Posted by Zeta

MegaMan Network Transmission(GCN)

Posted by Red

BLOODY SH!TCAKES, I'll have to say, that seems somewhat... ... ...gay?

Posted by Zeta

I like the design. =P It looks more robotic, and I prefer it when my robots look robotic.

Posted by Red

yes but the hair is too ...perfect?

Posted by Dog

Quoting Zeta: I like the design. =P It looks more robotic, and I prefer it when my robots look robotic.
they wouldn't BE robots if they didn't look like robots. and quit questioning your answers red!!

Posted by Minesweeper

I didn't like the EXE Zero. <.<

I think, for me, it's actually a tie between classic Blues and the version of Zero from the X series. ^.^ I really like the EXE Blues, except when you get right down to it there isn't that much to his story or character. They're trying to deepen it a little, but it's going slowly. ^.^ I like the MMZ Zero, but not as much as the original X series Zero. (Mmm, bishie hair... <3) And I think the EXE Zero didn't do the X Zero ANY justice whatsoever. >.<

Posted by Zeta

I just meant I prefer BN Zero design-wise. Like I said, I prefer robots that look like robots. (No human faces or whatev.) I never saw what was so great about Proto and Zero, anyways. >_>

Posted by Minesweeper

Quoting Zeta: I just meant I prefer BN Zero design-wise. Like I said, I prefer robots that look like robots. (No human faces or whatev.) I never saw what was so great about Proto and Zero, anyways. >_>

For Proto Man, he's got that whole mysterious loner deal going on, which is usually a fairly popular character type. Plus, he takes care of little brother, so he's got the caring big-brother character type, too. PLUS, he was a villain, PLUS, he's got his own theme (love that whistle ^.^), PLUS he's got the cool shades and the logic-defying scarf. There's just something fundamentally cool about the scarf - it waves in the wind even when there isn't any wind. XD

As for Zero, he's the aloof bad-ass loner type (not the mysterious loner type, which is different). Bad-ass loner types tend to be pretty popular character types, too. He's reasonably powerful and wields a sword, which is almost always an attention-grabber, and he died in the first game. And, he hasn't stayed dead since. XP And yet, he's willing to sacrifice himself to protect others. So, he's also valiant. He's a mentor and a true friend to X. And best of all, he's a bishie. <3 Anyone who's an avid X fan that doesn't like him because he's cool likes him because they can mock his perhaps too-close relationship with X. ^^;;

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Minesweeper: Anyone who's an avid X fan that doesn't like him because he's cool likes him because they can mock his perhaps too-close relationship with X. ^^;;

I like him because I can make fun of his thong/boobs, and the X4 VA.

Posted by Red

I think I like Zero better because he seems alot more vicious protoman is too childish for me but the way his scarf blows when no wind is around is pretty awsome.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Minesweeper: He's a mentor and a true friend to X.

He was only a mentor in the first game, before X proved himself by defeating Sigma in X1 and reassembling him in X2. From then on, they were equals.

Anyway, they'd both be dumb without a blue hero bearing a message of peace to inspire them.

Posted by Red

good point.maybe I should have added megaman into this

EDIT: as I sit here playing pokemon, I look to vgc and upon further inspection I realize I spelt protoman wrong in the title:S I really gotta type slpwer.

Posted by CS Ryan

Yeah, I was about to tell you that.

I'll pick Zero, only because I despise Protoman fanboys. Even though he's died what, three times.
(MMX1, MMX5 (sort of), MMZ4)

Posted by Red

as did I ( pick Zero ). it seems no one here likes neither of them, that's pretty good.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting somewhat117: I'll pick Zero, only because I despise Protoman fanboys.

[quote=A fan from a few years ago]I'd want to be Zero so I could kill people.

Zero fanboys are worse. Not applicable to anyone here.

Posted by Red

wow someone really said that :S

Posted by gundelhell_wielder

[COLOR="Black"]Im a fan of both.
Protoman is classic,and I like his misterious/cool personality.
Zero I like him because he has a saber. Just beacuse of that.[/COLOR]

Posted by Zeta

[quote]I'd want to be Zero so I could kill people.
Oh man, I think I remember reading that post. XD

We're forgetting one of the most important characters in the MM universe: Green Biker Dude.

Posted by Sk2k52

MMZ Zero > all other protomans and zeros combined.

He just gets sooo badass during the Zero series, and I like the storyline there mroe than all others. Before I just liked Zero cuz he had a sword and long hair, now I like him cuz he ownz all =3

*MMZ SPOILERS - highlight below to read*

[COLOR="dimGray"]Plus, dying in the end of the series = MAJOR cool points.[/COLOR]

Posted by Red

[QUOTE=Sk2k52]MMZ Zero > all other protomans and zeros combined.

He just gets sooo badass during the Zero series, and I like the storyline there mroe than all others. Before I just liked Zero cuz he had a sword and long hair, now I like him cuz he ownz all =3

I think he looked more badass in the Zero series but in the X series he had cooler armour. and his head wasn't perfectly round all the time.

also is anyone annoyed of the colour of my text because I will change it if so.

MMZ4 SPOILER AHEAD (in response to Sk2k52)

[COLOR="dimGray"]but we arn't certain of this. quite yet Sk2k52 they might just find a way to bring him back..[/COLOR]

Posted by Sk2k52

Spoilers

[COLOR="dimGray"]I think the end is pretty official since they arent making Z5 and now making this ZX series.[/color]

Posted by Zeta

It's ZX.

Posted by Sk2k52

Quoting Zeta: It's ZX.

That's what i said... >.>;;

*hopes no one notices the edit*

Posted by Zeta

I noticed.

Posted by GameMiestro

I'll vote Protoman, because Zero's armor annoys me.

Posted by Sk2k52

Quoting Zeta: I noticed.

Wah! you gotta go and blow my spot T.T

Quoting GameMiestro: I'll vote Protoman, because Zero's armor annoys me.

Oh yeah? Well, your face annoys me! ooo, burrrrn! just playing with you ;)

I never liked the new shoulder pads Zero got after x1 =( I'm glad the Zero series got rid of em :D my only complaint about the Zero series though is that they should of...

Spoilers

[COLOR="dimGray"]...given the real Zero those annoying shoulder pads, would of made destroying that body so much more enjoyable :D[/COLOR]

Posted by Pit

Zero doesn't die in X1. He's heavily damaged and is tranferred to Dr. Cain for further inspection :(

Posted by CS Ryan

Well, he wasn't online, so that counts as dead.

Posted by Zeta

[quote=Pit]Zero doesn't die in X1. He's heavily damaged and is tranferred to Dr. Cain for further inspection
That's X3, Pit. And that only happens if his health bar is depleted, or you want him to give you the Z-Saber.

Posted by Sk2k52

Quoting Zeta: That's X3, Pit. And that only happens if his health bar is depleted, or you want him to give you the Z-Saber.

Actually in the manga (which I hear is supposed to be canon) Zero is actually buried in a ake tomb until a wy to repair him was discovered :)

Posted by Zeta

Bah! Mangas for games can't be canon! Even if it was it wouldn't matter, since the Maverick Hunter X series will now be the canon stuff.

Posted by Red

what's cannon? oh and Happy birthday Zeta.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Mr.Red: what's cannon?
There's only one 'n' in 'canon. The official games, or ones that are officially in the timeline. Battle Network isn't canon, as it's an alternate timeline. Another example would be Castlevania: Circle of the Moon, as that was taken out of the official Castlevania timeline.

Eh, I dunno. It's kind of hard to define 'canon' =/

[quote]oh and Happy birthday Zeta.

And Mr.Red makes 2. Thank you. ^_^

Posted by Pit

Quoting Zeta: That's X3, Pit. And that only happens if his health bar is depleted, or you want him to give you the Z-Saber.

You shut your dirty ****ing mouth

Posted by Zeta

I just saw the sexual innuendo in that. I let Zero give X the Z-Saber all the time! =P

Posted by Red

I cheated to make Zero give X the Z-Saber :(

Posted by Minesweeper

Quoting Zeta: There's only one 'n' in 'canon. The official games, or ones that are officially in the timeline. Battle Network isn't canon, as it's an alternate timeline. Another example would be Castlevania: Circle of the Moon, as that was taken out of the official Castlevania timeline.

Eh, I dunno. It's kind of hard to define 'canon' =/

Battle Network is actually canon, because it was made by Capcom. It's a different series, set apart from the Classic-X-Zero-Legends timeline, but it's still canon. However, the Battle Story and NT Warrior mangas and the anime are NOT canon, because they're a) not made specifically by Capcom, and b) telling a different story from the one(s) in the games.

All games (with a handful of exceptions) = canon
Anime/manga =/= canon. :3