Lord of the Rings: The Third Age

Posted by NegativeTrend

I'd like to start this thread out commenting on how I am not a big fan of RPGs. (I know amazing) I normally stick to pure action games. This game has some unique features that I normally don't see in other RPGs. (lack of features in some cases) Basically there is no barter, sell, or trade system emplemented in this game. Leveling up is also different because you can pick what areas you want your particular character to excel in. For instance, if you want your character to be a medic or a magician you would give him points in a different area whereas you could give more strength points to your power hungry dwarf. The story side of the game is pretty strange but it works if I say so myself. Basically you are generic characters based out of the movies and books. You have your elegant elf, valiant ranger, angry dwarf, a magician, and some humans. Who would have expected that. :) The story follows that of the movies and books but instead of being the characters out of the book you are the generic characters mentioned above. Basically you follow around the main characters of the book and sometimes get to play with them in the Epic battle scenes. The fighting system is pretty neat as well. Using certain skill moves determines wether or not you get new moves. So if you use Axe Skill alot in time you will learn a new move. Also in this game is the all mighty Cooperative mode. That's right, you can fight Orcs and Urukai along side of your gaming buddy. In conclusion this game is a must try IMO but don't get it if you don't have looooots of time to kill. Has anyone else played and enjoyed this game as much as I have?

Posted by Bubblez

Sounds very interesting, I love RPGs and also LOTR. I just heard good comments about the game and I think if I see it for cheap I'm going to give it a try. The battle system and the leveling up sounds promising.

Posted by fireshade24

Thats a very good game but gets boring adfter a while

Posted by Cloudstud

The game was LAME! Its the most linear game i have every played. The items on it are pretty pitiful and the experience system has been done over and over again. The game was the same stuff the whole way through: Follow your map from point A to point B. Kill enemies in between with random battles and get the occasional chest with another lame item...... BORING! How could you like that game after somthing like FFX.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I actually have this game somewhere, but haven't had the chance to play it yet. I've heard quite a few good things about it, though, and hopefully plan on playing it sometime this year.

Posted by maian

It was more good then it was bad. I'll say this. As an RPG, it sucked. Compare it to most RPGs, and it lacks tons of depth, story, characterization, and freedom. But, just as a game, I loved it.

Me and my friend played through almost the whole thing on co-op, which was a blast. Fairly good game. Not the greatest, but worth a play. Nice graphics, I must add.

Posted by Oforia

To tell the truth, I have not played this game yet. I heard it was alright, but lacked depth in certain areas. I have been playing Battle of Middle Earth II lately, but I will have to check this game out.