Genesis Titles Downloadable on Revolution

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

http://www.revo-europe.com/ - Top news item.

I'm searching for an alternative and more detailed source on this, but holy shit.

EDIT:Iwata also announced partnerships with Sega and Hudson to offer downloadable access to their classic games via Revolution's Virtual Console. Revolution owners will be able to relive their past gaming glories from the Sega Genesis console by playing a "best of" selection from more than 1,000 Genesis titles, as well as games sold for the TurboGrafx console (a system jointly developed by NEC and Hudson). These games join Revolution's access to 20 years of fan-favorite Nintendo games from the NES(R), Super NES(R) and Nintendo(R) 64 eras.

From the press release, released during the conference.

Posted by JonMB

Their site is slow. They must be getting hit hard right now.

That is great and unexpected news. Nice going, Nintendo.

Have a look at http://revolution.ign.com/articles/697/697882p1.html?reload=true for the full skinny.

Posted by Ant

The more 3rd party support the better.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

There's something I never expected... good news though, as there was a bunch of great games on that system. The Virtual Console keeps sounding better and better.

Man, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Sonic - awesome. Even better would be Kid Chameleon. Man, I loved that game.

Posted by JonMB

They need to add easy online play. Otherwise this is no big deal for anyone who uses emulation.

Posted by Zeta

Man, I haven't played Streets of Rage and Dynamite Headdy in years. =/ I'll definetly have to download those.

Posted by Klarth

Never, ever, EVER expected this to happen. Well, I'm not complaining - Sonic 2 & Knuckles, Streets of Rage 2, Vectorman... *dies*

Edit: TURBOGRAFX GAMES, TOO?!?! Alright, I'M SOLD.

Posted by IHatePowerSaws

Wow, genisis games are great! Im excited!

Posted by JonMB

The only TG game I remember is Bonk. What other good ones are there?

Posted by Zeta

I checked the TG section on GameFAQs. There was a game called Strip Fighter 2... lol.

Posted by gamerSam

What your saying sounds like good new Comrades.

Posted by Linko_16

Something just exploded... and it wasn't my brain.

Posted by Zeta

Was it that thing in your pants? ...You know, that thing? The ding-a-ling thing?

Posted by Linko_16

Didn't realize it was too much of an inside joke to post. A friend and I often say either "my brain exploded" when something's too horrible for words, or "my pants exploded" when it's the best thing ever. So sometimes, to mix it up, we say it the way I did.

Posted by Zeta

Wow, I came pretty close to your inside joke. =P

Posted by ZEN

TurboGrafx/PC Engine had some great games like 'Dragon's Curse' and and the 'Neutopia' series.
Neutopia is actually a blatant 'Legend of Zelda' rip-off, and because of that, it's an excellent game.

I wonder if this includes TurboDuo CD-ROMs also. Then that means we get the wonderful 'Ys' series and 'Dracula X: Chi no Rondo (Castlevania)' also.

Quoting Zeta: I checked the TG section on GameFAQs. There was a game called Strip Fighter 2... lol.

[url=http://screenmania.retrogames.com/pce/01/pce_029_2.html]Hmmm...[/url]

The ability to play any of these older games in itself isn't exactly "revolutionary", it is the fact that we will be able to do it in a legal way from now on.

Now if they add classic arcade (MAME style), I'm totally sold.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting ZEN: I wonder if this includes TurboDuo CD-ROMs also. Then that means we get the wonderful 'Ys' series and 'Dracula X: Chi no Rondo (Castlevania)' also.

Oh man, I would give anything to be able to play Rondo of Blood!

Posted by Prince Shondronai

If you'd give anything, you could certainly give the $400 it would cost to play it in its native environment. Just kidding. TurboGrafx games did, indeed rock, though. Can't wait to see the list of games that'll be available at launch.

Posted by Zeta

Anything but that.