"Camera Graffiti"

Posted by Klarth

http://www.hactivist.com/flashpoint/

Seems a pretty fun idea - I'm gonna use this to project goatse onto a few walls, I think...

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Hah, good luck. Unless you can do the tiniest stencil ever, not really possible.

I can't help but think that this would be a lot easier to do by just obscuring part of the flash without having to take it apart at all.

Posted by mis0

If you can find some, I'd shoot some [url=http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml;jsessionid=D3YH03QT5QK4VFW4FBCXWEEW1YUEQ4L4?pq-path=1095&pq-locale=en_US&_requestid=17711]35mm slide film[/url] (which, unlike ordinary 35mm film, creates "positives" or "slides" instead of negatives), find someone who can process them (Slide processing or E-6 Processing) and cut them to size with the desired image hopefully able to fit. That should allow you to project full-colour, fairly high resolution images. You could always use regular film, but, it'll be negative (and somewhat more difficult to distinguish). On the other hand, you could just buy the disposible camera, shoot the roll of film inside it, and just ask for the whole thing back afterwards. Although they might question you shooting goatse, Klarth. ;)

Why didn't they think of that?

Anyway, I've got so much camera **** lying around, I think I'll try this. And besides, what else am I going to do on spring break besides cause lots of trouble?

Posted by mis0

Project status: Uh.

I looked around in my drawers, and I don't have anything with a flash on it, but I did break apart a cheap 35mm camera, and I've shot my lazer pointer through the lens. It seems plausible that this can work. The small lazer dot turned into a red circle about 8" in diamiter from about 4 feet away when projected onto a wall. I'm going to go by a second hand shop on my way to work to find a camera with a flash to sacrifice, and also drop by radioshack tomorrow to look for a superbright LED. Imagine, you could set this up outside of some douchbags house, and have it project onto the garage door or something with a nice little message. It'd be creative, non-destructive graffiti. Hell, you mightn't even need to trespass.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Looks like a lot of work for very little pay-off

Posted by mis0

Not really. It's way more complicated looking than it is. And considering that I used to take the flashes out of cameras to make little "shocker" things, I know this for a fact.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I meant the original link. Seems like I have to do a lot of work for something that doesn't look too fun.

Posted by IHatePowerSaws

I tried that one time, its a lot harder then it looks...

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Wings]
Hah, good luck. Unless you can do the tiniest stencil ever, not really possible.
I dunno; I could just build on the idea and print the Goatse image onto a sheet of that overhead-projector film material and throw it in front of a very powerful torch...

...But a powerful torch would be expensive, and I wouldn't want to lose it. Whatev.