Coca-Cola Blak

Posted by Klarth

[quote]It seems that the Coca-Cola Company is test marketing a new coffee/cola fusion beverage in both France and Phoenix, Arizona at the present time.

Coca-Cola Blak is being touted as "an invigorating and stimulating blend that has a perfect balance of the effervescent taste sensation of Coca-Cola and natural flavors, with real coffee."

Recently, Coca-Cola has been reaching out to new markets, and Coca-Cola Blak is a continuance of this trend, designed to appeal to adult consumers.

The beverage is said to have a rich, smooth texture, and has a coffee-like froth when poured. "This brand is ideal for any part of the day when people are looking for renewed energy or simply to take a break," said Marc Mathieu, vice president, Global Core Brands, The Coca-Cola Company.

Discuss. I for one will be picking up several cases of the stuff upon my return to France.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

They bes' make Coca-Cola Wite. Dats discrimination. :D

Just kidding...I'll probably be picking up a case of it too. It looks good.

Posted by Klarth

I just hope that it doesn't turn out like Diet Black Cherry Vanilla Coke.

And yes, that's an official, real coke product. Sadly.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Here's hoping for a "Negra Pepsi ".

Posted by Klarth

See: Kool-aid.

*purple-drink. They can't afford Kool-Aid.

Posted by GameMiestro

France and Phoenix, Arizona?

Guess I won't be drinking it anytime soon.

Posted by basterd

why just phoenix and france? coffe and cola don't sound like a good mix.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

In Britain, there's already a Cappucino-flavoured version of Coke. Is this actual coffee, though?

Posted by Kodachi

I predict this drink will travel down the same path as Jolt.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Well, this looks healthy. If it ever comes to Canada, I may try one.

Posted by The Judge

Coca Cola: Ni[COLOR="White"]g[/COLOR]ger Juice. They should just say it already. Underneath it, it should say "We want to be gangsta too."

Now we just need a clear, superior Coke, and the circle of dominance is complete.

Posted by Ant

Cola+Coffee=healthy? ^_- Oh well, it'll never make it to Canada. ;)

I doubt I'll like it however, but, I'll be willing to give it a try.

Posted by Klarth

Silly Judge, only whities can afford coffee!

Quoting The Judge: a clear, superior Coke

Crystal Pepsi.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting Ant: Cola+Coffee=healthy? ^_- Oh well, it'll never make it to Canada. ;)

You know me not. But you're right, it'll never make it to Canada.

Posted by mis0

I'd be willing to try it, but I think we should just nag Hyper and Linko into doing it (they live in Arizona) and reviewing it here.

Or get them to send us each a bottle. That's about, what, a couple cases of twelve? They can afford it.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Coke's next move to do away with Pepsi? Not gonna happen. :(

Posted by basterd

I hated medicine growing up, And I live in the Moxey state lol, coke was based on a medicine drink, I rather grab a pepsi anyday, I like Dr.pepper evan tho all these company's are trying to put vanilla and cherry in them, I don't think is working out the only drink that is with diffrent flavs is MT.Dew.

Posted by Raptor

Eww much? I'm all for innovations in beverages, but I find the idea of cola and coffee mixed entirely unappealing. I don't care much for most mainstream soda anyway, and I've always abhorred coffee.

Quoting basterd: I don't think is working out the only drink that is with diffrent flavs is MT.Dew.

... you're an idiot.

Posted by sniper

I think it sounds like it might be good, actually. I would give it a try if it ever found it's way to Washington.

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Wings: Crystal Pepsi.

I SAID COKE *** ****IT. DON'T YOU EVER ****ING COMPARE THAT BULL**** PEPSI **** TO COKE AGAIN YOU SON OF A *****. etc

Oh, no, I hate Pepsi. But Crystal Pepsi was clear, and actually quite nice.

Posted by The Judge

But it's still Pepsi, and thus still the Devil's semen.

Man, who wouldn't want to drink the devil's semen?

Posted by Demonblade

hmm...im not so sure about this drink. Ill definitely try it; but im neither a fan of coffee, nor am i a fan of coke, but we'll see.

Quoted post: but im neither a fan of coffee, nor am i a fan of coke, but we'll see.

\Then I can't imagine how you could like this drink.

Posted by Demonblade

Quoting Vampiro: \Then I can't imagine how you could like this drink.

This is true, but i dont detest either of them, so it is a possibility. Im addicted to caffein so, it probably cant be all that bad.

Posted by Raptor

**** The Judge. Pepsi > Coke.

Posted by Demonblade

Quoting Raptor: **** The Judge. Pepsi > Coke.

i concur, pepsi owns.

Posted by Zeta

I'll have to side with Raptor on this. I prefer Pepsi.

Posted by junior senior

Imagine the caffeine.

Posted by Demonblade

on the topic of coca cola and pepsi...what do you guys prefer, if either, Coca Colas new "Vault" or pepsi's new "MDX"?

Posted by Zeta

Haven't tried 'em. I just stick with the original stuff.
OMG get it!? I said 'stick' and soda is sticky! I'm so ****ing funny lolololshiftx1[/sarcasm]

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Demonblade: on the topic of coca cola and pepsi...what do you guys prefer, if either, Coca Colas new "Vault" or pepsi's new "MDX"?

They both suck.

This is the product I get my energy from these days:

Too bad every place on my island has stopped selling it but a tiny little Filipino store. :(

Energy drinks are banned in my city *oscar*

But I do agree with Raptor. I prefer Pepsi, though I don't mind coke. I'll gladly buy it if it's on sale.

Posted by Xenos

I like the classic bottles.

Posted by Linko_16

It sounds interesting, and I do live in Phoenix, but... I really, really dislike coffee.

I like both Coke and Pepsi. They're two different drinks that fit whatever mood my taste buds seem to be in.

Posted by sabre

I had a coke a little while ago, and I couldn't actually find any flavour at all if I tried.

Pepsi all the way.

Posted by The Judge

[quote=some ****ing sinner]I had a coke a little while ago, and I couldn't actually find any flavour at all if I tried.

Pepsi all the way.
Sabredog Demod '06

[quote=inquisitive fellow]I like the classic bottles.
Coke actually has a trademark on the shape of the bottle.

Posted by mis0

Coke is pretty vile, and that's why I like it. Pepsi seems too cheerful, carefree (like the A-Teens lol) whereas Coke tells it like it is.

Posted by The Judge

Coke is the original. Pepsi is some cheap imitation bastard company.

"LOL PEPSI CHALLENGE WICH DO U LIEK BETTER?! IF YOU DON'T TELL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT THIS U WILL HAVE THE WORST DAY OF UR LIEF TOMORROW NO JOKE!!!"

Quoted post: Coke is the original. Pepsi is some cheap imitation bastard company.

Aren't they the same company, just Pepsi split off from Coke?

Posted by Speedfreak

...no. They're different companies.

Posted by Hyper

Coke > Pepsi, duh.

And I might try one of these, though it does sound kinda sick. I mean, Coke's the best cold, and coffee's the best hot... Which would it be, and how would that affect the taste of one flavour? =/

Posted by lanzer

so what does it taste like more towards coffee or coke?

Posted by Crazy K

I have never liked Coffee in my life so I highly doubt that I would like it, but it is somewhat of a "pop" aswell, so maybe it won't be as bad as I think it will be.

Quoted post: ...no. They're different companies.

... yeah I know. I was just wondering if Pepsi ever started out as part of Coke, because I thought I once heard that.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Vampiro: ... yeah I know. I was just wondering if Pepsi ever started out as part of Coke, because I thought I once heard that.

Dr Pepper started out as a Coke product before branching off.

Posted by Demonblade

Dr Pepper is made with prune products...just thought you guys would like to know.

Im certainly a pepsi fan all the way, my dad ruined coke for me when he always kept them in an abover room temperature place and whenever i wanted to drink one, i had to drink it 'heated'. And no we didnt have an ice machine, and no i wasnt going to stick it in the fridge and wait two hours.

Posted by Hyper

Drinking glass + bag of ice from local convenience store = win.

I hate ice in my drinks with a passion.

Posted by Hyper

Certain types are desirable.

Posted by Demonblade

Yeah, but my mom always ravaged the store bought ice...and i was too lazy to put ice trays in the fridge...so i just drank warm soda.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Demonblade: Dr Pepper is made with prune products...just thought you guys would like to know.

What, like prunes are bad for you?

Posted by Red

does Mountain dew still kill sperm?

It never did. Check Snopes.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro]... yeah I know. I was just wondering if Pepsi ever started out as part of Coke, because I thought I once heard that.

And I answered you. No, they were never the same company, they are different companies entirely.

Quoted post: And I answered you. No, they were never the same company, they are different companies entirely.

Technically, you spoke in the present, while I was wondering about the past. Hence, my rephrasing of the question :)

Posted by Aesthetic

It's too bad I stopped drinking soda. When I was still drinking two cans per day, my drink of choice was Pepsi (it's obviously better, sinners). Also, I used to drink coffee multiple times a week, so this product would've been a likely candidate for quenching my daily thirst, but it sounds quite awful now. I still like coffee, but combining it with something that burns your throat doesn't sound too tasteful to me.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Mr.Red: does Mountain dew still kill sperm?

No, just brain cells.

Posted by basterd

I thought this was only coming out in 2 spots. well i saw it at the store and picked a bottel up, for some people it might make there taste buds pop but I wanteda refund because it tasted so bad.

Posted by sergio11

i am not the type of person who tries new things so i think i will just stick to normal coke, i mean what was wrong with it.

Posted by basterd

lol just like every other new coke product they come out with, you can't change the origanol.

Posted by Linko_16

Besides the original, I only really like Cherry and Lime Coke. Vanilla didn't fly with me.

Posted by lameboyadvance

To me, cola is cola. I'll drink either Coke or Pepsi, depending on whatevers available.

Its not like either of them have enough stimulants in them to stave off sleep anyway...

In Britain we have Pepsi Max Cino. Let me tell you, it tastes like ass.

Not that I've ever tasted ass. It just tastes like I imagine ass to taste.

Not that I imagine what ass tastes like. WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE ME?!

Posted by higbvuyb

ORange juice > Soft Drinks.

Posted by Hyper

Yeah, I saw this in Prescott, AZ a few days ago (~100 miles north of Phoenix) at Wal-mart. Didn't pick any up because I imagine that it tastes horrible.

Posted by GameMiestro

Remember Pepsi Blue, that mediocre soda with the space-shot commercials? Good times, good times.

Posted by Nickd009

I saw some Coke Blak at the store today its like $5 for a 4 pack i was like screw it