DGreen: Hidden Areas
Yellow: Chozo Ruins
Orange: Underground caverns
DBrown: Jungle-like areas
DPurple: Secret Morphball Tunnel
Dblue: Under Water zones
Red: Superheated areas/ Lava zone
LGreen: Don't remember.

I made this map awhile back When I was working on a Metroid project of my own with a small team. Its story was supposed to take place after Metroid Fusion with X's which made its way into escape pods and crash landed on a planet. The plot was basicly Samus lands and loses contact with the federation due to jamming from an unknown source. Samus after investigating 2 crashed Federation ships (whcih was sent on a failed mission to retrieve the X) comes across a Stone Guardian, which breaks the floor after Samus is defeated, into Chozo ruins where she gets back her old suit, but loses all her upgrades. The story progressed through worlds, pretty much upgrade, kill boss, advance to place you couldnt before, continue, eventaully leading into an old labaratory. In the bottom level tthere was supposed to be something like phazon but not, where the X was thriving, and where the final bos was, some kind of kraid looking monster in hissecond form. After he's killed, the materials in the area becomes highly unstable and Samus makes her get away as the planet is basicly destroyed xD The planet was supposed to be where the Chozo created the X (yes I know it went against metroid storyline, but it was just a fan game xD) and the last boss before you could get into the ship was a X infected Chozo.

It was aborted due to getting a hard drive whipe and losing all the scripts, maps, everything. I just recently found this map saved on photobuct and tried to find the other worlds butsadly only this was saved. The other cast members were able to salvage ome stuff but with the engine gone and beingtoo lazy to make another, I scapped it for the history boobs xD

So what you guys thoguht of the idea anyway? ;P be nice now I bruise easily.

Please reply thoguh even to say it sucks ><

Posted by Zeta

Looks pretty small, and too linear, but it's still better than what I could do. :)

EDIT: Spring Break just started here. Maybe I should try something during all the free time.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Very nice. :D

I wish you had screenshots of the gameplay.

Posted by Sk2k52

Quoting VirtualRealityZone: Very nice. :D

I wish you had screenshots of the gameplay.

I wish too xD all I had done really thouhg was the federation shipsand the overworld. made ht federation ships out of the tiles of the spire pirate ship-recolored, and the overworld was made from metroid fusion graphics.

Zeta why dun you try making your own metroid map? xD

http://sprites.fireball20xl.com/NSA/Sheets/mzmmap.png
http://sprites.fireball20xl.com/

Posted by Zeta

Hmm, I didn't know someone ripped the map sprites. And to think I was going to crappily hand-draw it on MSPaint!

Posted by Stalolin

finish this or release an alpha.

More 2D Metroid is good.

Posted by Sk2k52

Quoting Stalolin: finish this or release an alpha.

More 2D Metroid is good.

sorry, short of someone making/letting me use their own engine, furthest I'll go with this is releasing better maps, boss info, and possibly a fan fiction xD

Posted by IHatePowerSaws

Looks good, i wish i could play it...

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Sk2k52: Zeta why dun you try making your own metroid map? xD

Intro area, like Ceres or the Space Pirate Frigate. I got lazy during the escape route. (Bottom right.)
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/Kvar/GFHQMap.png[/IMG]
Mini-Boss: Advanced Flying Pirate
Boss: Ridley

Posted by Sk2k52

Quoting Zeta: Intro area, like Ceres or the Space Pirate Frigate. I got lazy during the escape route. (Bottom right.)
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/Kvar/GFHQMap.png[/IMG]
Mini-Boss: Advanced Flying Pirate
Boss: Ridley

Nice, but what's with all those rooms by Samus's ship? xD

Posted by Zeta

It's a hangar. No real point to visiting those rooms, except to see Pirate ships and destroyed Fedaration ships. It adds to the atmoshpere, right? The whole place is being attacked by Space Pirates, and many hatches/passages have been destroyed.
And an environment map, bcause I'm bored.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/Kvar/GFHQEnvironment.png[/IMG]
Grey: Hangar
Blue: Main Floor
D.Green: Little outdoor garden/break area.
L.Green: Restricted halls
Red: Metroid Lab =O
Purple: Sewers
Yellow: idk... ventilation shafts?

Posted by Sk2k52

Quoting Zeta: It's a hangar. No real point to visiting those rooms, except to see Pirate ships and destroyed Fedaration ships. It adds to the atmoshpere, right? The whole place is being attacked by Space Pirates, and many hatches/passages have been destroyed.
And an environment map, bcause I'm bored.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/Kvar/GFHQEnvironment.png[/IMG]
Grey: Hangar
Blue: Main Floor
D.Green: Little outdoor garden/break area.
L.Green: Restricted halls
Red: Metroid Lab =O
Purple: Sewers
Yellow: idk... ventilation shafts?

Why's there sewers sooo deep inside the station? xD

Sorry I replied before thinking about the post after seeing sewers ;P

Anyway Very nice map though other than the sewer part xD I think the Metroid lap bit is pretty interesting, would make a great intro sequence to a metroid game ^^

Posted by Zeta

It not a station. It's actually a on a planet, in a city. And there's sewers everywhere in cities. Basically after the fight with Ridley the floor collapses into the sewer.

Posted by Sk2k52

Quoting Zeta: It not a station. It's actually a on a planet, in a city. And there's sewers everywhere in cities. Basically after the fight with Ridley the floor collapses into the sewer.

Oh, when you said like ceres or space pirate frigate, and that there was anescape sequence, I assumed it was on a space station which was gunna self destruct at the end.

Well your great work inspired me to work on my metroid map and make it larger and redo World 2 completely xD

Who knows, I might actually pick back the project, thoguh I really dun wanna go through the hell of remaking the engine xD

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Sk2k52: Oh, when you said like ceres or space pirate frigate,
By that I meant the 'intro area' thing, I wasn't implying it was a station.
[quote]and that there was anescape sequence, I assumed it was on a space station which was gunna self destruct at the end.
There is. After Ridley, the sewers and the vents are the escape route... Actually, I messed up a little. I should edit the map.
[quote]Well your great work inspired me to work on my metroid map and make it larger and redo World 2 completely xD

(b^^)b

Posted by Sk2k52

Updated the map and more than tripled its size ;P got bored at school and grabbed a graph paper, printed the old map, and completely redid almost all of it xD

Original. Edited the first post with the new one.

Posted by Zeta

Looks much better. What's that uber-long room on the bottom-left?

Posted by Sk2k52

That's supposed to be the quick path back from world 2, where you can use the spped boooser to get back from :) Speed booster is hidden in world 2.

Posted by GameMiestro

And... where is world 2?

Posted by Zeta

I made a map, but I can't stop thinking that I've seen it somewhere before...
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/Kvar/DOSMap.png[/IMG]

...OH SHI-!

Posted by GameMiestro

Yeah... thats kind of big for one area...

Posted by Sk2k52

Quoting Zeta: I made a map, but I can't stop thinking that I've seen it somewhere before...
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/Kvar/DOSMap.png[/IMG]

...OH SHI-!

lol you did well making an near exact replica of the castlevania dos map xD

Posted by Zeta

Quoting GameMiestro: Yeah... thats kind of big for one area...

You say that as if large areas are a bad thing. The bigger the better!

Posted by GameMiestro

It's just that the traditional approach is to divide the world into 4-6 distinct areas, and always have the final objective right next to the starting location, but impossible to access. I would hate to think what would happen if Samus opened the Control Room in Fusion before even encountering the X... :cookie:

Posted by Zeta

Quoting GameMiestro: It's just that the traditional approach is to divide the world into 4-6 distinct areas, and always have the final objective right next to the starting location, but impossible to access.
Final area could still be connected to the starting area, no matter how big the areas are.
[quote]I would hate to think what would happen if Samus opened the Control Room in Fusion before even encountering the X... :cookie:

I'm pretty sure the panel you need to step on to activate the collision sequence doesn't even appear until you pummel SA-X. Like how the boiler control panel doesn't activate until you beat the Wide Core-X.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Zeta]I'm pretty sure the panel you need to step on to activate the collision sequence doesn't even appear until you pummel SA-X. Like how the boiler control panel doesn't activate until you beat the Wide Core-X.

Err, they have that red security door in the way, so nobody could get in! So I guess we'll never know, unless you're somehow hacking it... :) I'm just saying, Castlevania is Castlevania, and in it they have a heck of a lot of doors. Heres a more traditional map-

[IMG]http://mdb.classicgaming.gamespy.com/sm/smmap1.gif[/IMG]

Lots of open runways, elevators connecting areas, and not nearly as many dead ends... you see what I'm saying.

Posted by Zeta

I always loved how all of SM's areas could fit together onto one map, unlike Fusion and Zero Mission.

EDIT: ****, when I was younger I thought Lower Norfair was ****ing huge. It looks so tiny now. ;_;

[quote]Err, they have that red security door in the way, so nobody could get in!
You should be able to check after disabling the Lv.4 security, but before you go to Sector 6 to persue B.O.X.

Posted by Sk2k52

Quoting GameMiestro: It's just that the traditional approach is to divide the world into 4-6 distinct areas, and always have the final objective right next to the starting location, but impossible to access. I would hate to think what would happen if Samus opened the Control Room in Fusion before even encountering the X... :cookie:

How's the Metroid Queen in Metroid 2 anywhere close tothe start location?

MP2 wasnt that close either.

If you did hack the game to get to the sellf destruct room, it wont work as theswitch doesnt activate until it's trigger goes off, which is why MFusion has no possible sequence breaks. You cant start a certain event until the even required before hand is completed.

Posted by Zeta

[QUOTE=Sk2k52]How's the Metroid Queen in Metroid 2 anywhere close tothe start location?
BOL I completly forgot about Metroid II. Thanks for reminding me Sk! X)

[quote]MP2 wasnt that close either.

Nah, that's actually pretty close to the Landing Site... I think. I forget what the Temple Grounds map is like.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Zeta]
You should be able to check after disabling the Lv.4 security, but before you go to Sector 6 to persue B.O.X.

I already tried that, while I forget exactly why, I can assure you it's impossible to get back to that area before battling the SA-X. If you somehow could hack the game, I bet you could sequence break something... like getting the Space Jump before you beat the Reactor Core spider. Interesting...

Posted by Zeta

Hang on, I'm going to go check. I'm at Zazabi, so it shouldn't take too long.

Posted by GameMiestro

I know you can break sequence in Hunters, which is cool :) .

Posted by Zeta

Quoting GameMiestro: I already tried that, while I forget exactly why, I can assure you it's impossible to get back to that area before battling the SA-X.

Then explain how I'm in the Control Room right now, before fighting B.O.X. the 2nd time. :)

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Zeta]Then explain how I'm in the Control Room right now, before fighting B.O.X. the 2nd time. :)

SAMUS DECIDED TO TELEPORT THROUGH SOLID WALLS, THATS HOW. Seriously, though, if I had an easy way of getting upgrades before actually beating the corresponding bosses, that would be just amazing. What would happen if I got the morphball before beating the Arachnid... Would it still be there if I checked several hours later? What would it's AI behaviour tell it to do if I wasn't in the room?

And what if I somehow got the wave beam at the beginning of the game? Would I be able to damage the SA-X, and if so, could I have destroyed it early on? What if I got the space jump before I fought that big tube shaped boss, and hid in a corner it couldnt reach? What I beat Trace BEFORE Noxus? The possibilities are endless...

Posted by Zeta

Quoting GameMiestro: SAMUS DECIDED TO TELEPORT THROUGH SOLID WALLS, THATS HOW.
No. Samus =/= X Parasite.
[quote]And what if I somehow got the wave beam at the beginning of the game? Would I be able to damage the SA-X, and if so, could I have destroyed it early on?
The programmers might've just made it completely invincible for the chases. And it's the Plasma Beam that hurts SA-X.
[quote]What if I got the space jump before I fought that big tube shaped boss, and hid in a corner it couldnt reach?
Would continue jumping at you, in vain.
[quote]What I beat Trace BEFORE Noxus?

Trace flees once you reduce his energy to half.
[quote]What would happen if I got the morphball before beating the Arachnid... Would it still be there if I checked several hours later? What would it's AI behaviour tell it to do if I wasn't in the room?
Huh, I'm kind of curious about that, too. I should get a rom and put some Gameshark codes in to try that.

Wall of quotes, lol.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote]And it's the Plasma Beam that hurts SA-X.

So the game says. It also said Samus cant use the Ice Beam :P

What if I got the Screw Attack early on, and went straight to Ridley's room? Would the ice statue still be there, since the action of me watching it get destroyed never occured? What if I got the Ice Beam before beating the SA-X, would I actually be able to freeze enemies with it?

I could do this all day...

Posted by Zeta

Quoting GameMiestro: So the game says. It also said Samus cant use the Ice Beam :P
That was an "Oh, guess we we're wrong'' thing. And it IS the Plasma Beam, as it pierces enemies, while the W.Beam goes through walls, and I don't think SA-X is a wall.
[quote]What if I got the Screw Attack early on, and went straight to Ridley's room? Would the ice statue still be there, since the action of me watching it get destroyed never occured?
You'd fight Neo Ridley, and still get to see the statue scene, most likely. Just like in Dawn of Sorrow, where you can sequence break to kill Dario and Dmitri, then go and see the Dark Candidate Introduction scene in Wizardy Labs. (I <3 Succubus glitch.)
[quote]What if I got the Ice Beam before beating the SA-X, would I actually be able to freeze enemies with it?
The programmers probably didn't even add a freezing property, since the Ice Beam was intended for the Omega Metroid battle only.
[quote]I could do this all day...

Keep going; this is an excellent way to pass the time. :D

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Zeta]That was an "Oh, guess we we're wrong'' thing. And it IS the Plasma Beam, as it pierces enemies, while the W.Beam goes through walls, and I don't think SA-X is a wall.

What I mean is that if you have the Wave Beam, I think the game automatically assumes you have the plasma beam as well. I doubt they would go out of their way to check if you had picked up the Plasma Beam first...

Okay, well, what if you some how got the Powerbomb before beating Mother Brain, and got in the Chozodia early? Would your ship be in two places at once? Would you be able to fight the Chozo hologram... with your suit on? Please don't tell me you've found a way to sequence break that... :D

Posted by Zeta

Quoting GameMiestro: What I mean is that if you have the Wave Beam, I think the game automatically assumes you have the plasma beam as well. I doubt they would go out of their way to check if you had picked up the Plasma Beam first...

Good point =/ I should check that, too.

[quote]Would your ship be in two places at once?
What? It's only ever in one spot.
[quote]Would you be able to fight the Chozo hologram... with your suit on?

Yet another thing I should check if I rom+GS. The Chozo Orb might only be affected by the Stungun.

Now quick, make a map or something; this has gotten insanely off-topic. >_>;

Posted by Sk2k52

Scenes in Metroid Fusion is triggered by your items. If you have the wave beam, it'll add the trigger allowing the boss after it to be fought.

If you got the morphball by hack, the boss that normally would give it wouldnt exist, and the next boss in line would.

I hacked the game once to see if there's any possible sequence breaks.. best you get is bugs after bugs...

BTW you can never gain the means to fight the SA-X and encounter it, once you do, all references of it is removed all they way until you trigger the boss fight between the SA-X.

Theorize as much as you wanted to, but the way Metroid Fusion was made, sequence breaking besides missles/engergy/power bomb tanks is impossible.

btw, getting power bombs before you get the power bomb upgrade wont give you power bombs.

Posted by Zeta

Well, that's saves me a lot of trouble. :cookie:
[quote]You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Sk2k52 again.
****it!

Posted by GameMiestro

What if you gave yourself the morphball mid-battle? Would the boss just dissapear?

[quote]Now quick, make a map or something; this has gotten insanely off-topic. >_>;

I call it Ultra-Freaking-Big-Plagarized-VGCLand. And yeah, I did it with Paint... :D :D :D

Something looks familiar...

Posted by Zeta

X)

Konami must never find out... >_>

Posted by GameMiestro

I'm waiting for Sk2k52's response...

Posted by Sk2k52

GameMiestro... I stared at that for 20 minutes, and made a 2 page essay on my feelings about it, but instead of posting that, I'll just give this brief response...

Ya momma so poor, when I came to your house and lit a match, she yelled, "Clap your hands and stomp your feet, praise the lord for we have heat."

Posted by GameMiestro

Ya mamma's so poor, she couldn't even afford window shopping.

Honestly, I could try and make a Metroid game on GameMaker, but it would take a huge amount of artwork and sounds, only a little of which I have. I'm going to try using some of the sprites that Sk2k52 had a link to in order to make a movable Samus, which is a nice first step. Want to help?

Posted by Sk2k52

Quoting GameMiestro: Ya mamma's so poor, she couldn't even afford window shopping.

Honestly, I could try and make a Metroid game on GameMaker, but it would take a huge amount of artwork and sounds, only a little of which I have. I'm going to try using some of the sprites that Sk2k52 had a link to in order to make a movable Samus, which is a nice first step. Want to help?

If you could actually make an engine if not, its not worth trying.

A working Metroid engine on GameMaker would be hard to create, and you'll spend 95% of all the work on the game just on the engine.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Sk2k52]If you could actually make an engine if not, its not worth trying.

A working Metroid engine on GameMaker would be hard to create, and you'll spend 95% of all the work on the game just on the engine.

It wouldn't be exactly like the normal game... centering the screen like in the games would be frusterating, and require a lot more commands than otherwise. Though if I could get Samus to move right, then it might be worth it later on.

Posted by Zeta

*Puts all the post-SoTN game maps together into one super map*

BAM! I win. :cool:

Posted by GameMiestro

[FONT=Arial]I am seriously going to make a working [COLOR=white]2-D engine. It would be a heck of a lot easier if they didn

Posted by Sk2k52

[QUOTE=GameMiestro][FONT=Arial]I am seriously going to make a working [COLOR=white]2-D engine. It would be a heck of a lot easier if they didn

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Sk2k52]Actually, they dont use any complete sprites. They actually broke the sprites into 4 seperate sections, and made each section in seperate from the whole, so it's referenced whenever an action is done.

I'm just going to use the complete sprites, as it gets the job done just as well, but requires a little more patience.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Sk2k52: and Zeta, SoTN?

Symphony of the Night. The first of the Metroid-style Castlevania games.

Posted by GameMiestro

:( How do you post (links to) executables on these forums? I've seen it been done...

Posted by Zeta

Quoting GameMiestro: executables

Now I'm the one that needs to ask.

Posted by GameMiestro

A GameMaker game that can run on it's own (thats an example). In other words... I WANT TO GET SOMETHING THAT ISN'T AN IMAGE OR VIDEO FILE ONLINE, BUT I CANT FIND A COMPATIBLE HOST.

Posted by Sk2k52

check out filefront, only ever used it for videos thoguh, so I don't really know if they can host other files.

You could try freewebs too, but it tends to have things downloaded extremely slowly unless you dish out the doe.

Posted by GameMiestro

Well, I've tried about 20 different top file hosts, and all of them are ****. Anyways, I have a vague idea about how I can pull the file sharing off, so I'm okay with that.

In other news, do you want to see my sad attempt at imitating Samus's physics? Click this (I hope the link works)- [URL="http://www.filefactory.com/?00a082"]http://www.filefactory.com/?00a082[/URL]. Arrows move, space shoots, control jumps. You gotta understand that trying to do this on a computer is somewhat trickier than on a console- on the GBA, you can't press opposite directions at the same time, so shooting feels wierd on a PC.

Posted by Sk2k52

Quoting GameMiestro: Well, I've tried about 20 different top file hosts, and all of them are ****. Anyways, I have a vague idea about how I can pull the file sharing off, so I'm okay with that.

In other news, do you want to see my sad attempt at imitating Samus's physics? Click this (I hope the link works)- [URL="http://www.filefactory.com/?00a082"]http://www.filefactory.com/?00a082[/URL]. Arrows move, space shoots, control jumps. You gotta understand that trying to do this on a computer is somewhat trickier than on a console- on the GBA, you can't press opposite directions at the same time, so shooting feels wierd on a PC.

psh space/cntrl is gay keys. I use:
S - Jump
X - Shoot

Feels very nice and comft to me.

Posted by GameMiestro

Fine, fine, I'll change the controls to that... you can actually use diagonals with shift now.

[URL="http://rapidshare.de/files/18601971/gamet.exe.html"][COLOR=#800080]http://rapidshare.de/files/18601971/gamet.exe.html[/COLOR][/URL] (awesomer version 0.1 :) )

EDIT: I'd make a seperate thread for this, but it's not even close to finished, so if it's okay, I'll just keep it here.