SSBM 1.00 - 1.02 Differences?

Posted by Dark Link

Recently I discovered that my sisters' lost our Original 1.00 Version of SSBM (Well it's been missing for about 1-2 months), so last Saturday we went and got a new copy and found out it's the newest version 1.02 (Checked the bottom of the disc).

I've been searching the net for any major or minor differences between the two versions and found nothing so far :(
I read on Smashboards that some characters can't L-Cancel anymore in 1.02 where they currently can in 1.00.

Does anyone have a URL link or KNOW any differences in characters, battle levels, AI, etc?

Posted by gamerz

My best guess would be emailing nintendo.com and asking for a full list of differences between the two, good luck.

Oh and if they send it, post a link, because I wouldn't mind having a look through it.

Posted by DarkBlade

[COLOR=black]I dont think even They know the differences, Im still tring to decide if they even programed L-cancling, cause they sure as heck didnt think of wavedashing..[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Anyway, the difference is minor thing, some characters just weight a bit more, others glitches dont work(links super jump) but the major differences is through Shiek, Zelda, and Peach[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Sheik cant really chaingrab in one of those versions well, Peaches downsmash is even better in 1.2(oh boy... broken~er~er) and Zeldas magic smashes like forward smash and up smash can be avoided easier(multi hits before the last sending you back, in 1.2 you can get out easier in these multi hits)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Otherwise it was just to take out a few minor glitches. while, adjusting a few things on purpose or acedent on the character traits seems to minor of any importance for people to question if they even knew what they truly changed..[/COLOR]

Posted by Dark Link

Well I've been playing SSBM lately (School's Game Night is friday) and I noticed that for Dr. Mario (My best) that he was altered just a tad.

1. His cape ability still has him moving very little if you use it in air, you don't really stop anymore.

1a. Double cape use makes him fall faster now if used in air.

2. He's a little bit faster now (yay!).

3. I think his Up+B move was shortened a bit. He doesn't seem to get as high as I thought he did in 1.00.

That's all I've noticed with Dr. Mario. Luigi's moves seem to have gotten a little faster (My sister plays him)

Posted by ccrocker58

Peach's holding hit is also different, in 1.02, she steps on their foot, in 1.00, she slaps them.