Metroid Prime Hunters

Posted by DryBones4Life

I cant believe I acctually got metroid prime hunters today! If u have metroid prime hunters send me a private message or post your friendcode here.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting DryBones4Life: I cant believe I acctually got metroid prime hunters today!

Augh! It's so unfair! I have to wait for two more weeks! :crying:
*Childish tantrum*

Posted by Flounder

I GOT IT TODAY!!!...it is simply the BEST ds game out..great multi play..i have good feelings about the replay value as well

Posted by Shade

...it's out?

Must. Buy.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Metroid board get?

Anywho, I got it yesterday. Best DS game yet in my opinion.

Posted by Zeta

Details, Vamp, DETAILS!

Ask me anything you want to know.

Though I will say, it's much... MUCH better than the demo. Single-player is really deep and engaging, much like the other Prime games. However, there's less puzzles, it's only about ten hours, and it's a lot more action oriented. There's less exploration, but that doesn't really matter. The other Hunters add a really cool element, and the fact that you HAVE to beat them to even unlock them (Minus Kanden and Spire) makes it a lot more nerve-racking. Though, you shouldn't have too much of a problem. Oh, and the cut-scenes, though few, are ***ly.

Multi-player: Wow. It's a metroid game, but it's a ****ing awesome multiplayer game. The controls are PERFECT, the action is insane, the powerups are balanced and great, and the maps are fantastic. There's around twenty, and some are ****ing gigantic. The modes are really varied too, though you can only play Battle if you're going against random people. You need a friend/rival to play anything else. Unless you use bots, which are surprisingly smart (with three levels of difficulty). As for the other hunters, they're also balanced. Though you see some people abuse Trace because he's a sniper and can cloak. Which can be annoying and a little unfair, but they're so easy to beat. Just alt, rush, and bipedal kill them. The Alt forms really help against character abuse. Oh, and VoIP is really clear. Go figure.

But yeah, Multi alone warrants a purchase.

Any questions?

Posted by Zeta

Well, I was going to ask about Trace-abusers, but you already covered that.

Opinion on each of the hunters?

EDIT: And if the controls have changed at all since the demo?

Quoted post: EDIT: And if the controls have changed at all since the demo?

Tighter, more control. And yeah, you can adjust them and stuff. Invert them, do whatever you want. But NTS probably set it where it's best, so you probably won't need to change it. The only reason I could imagine you wanting too is incase you used the thumb-strap. Which I discourage. Switching to Alt is essential, as is switching to missiles. And you can't do it quick enough, or accurately with the strap. Plus, you can't reach the whole screen and you'll get your *** kicked by Stylus users.

Quoted post: Opinion on each of the hunters?

Hmm, I haven't unlocked them all yet, but I played them on my friend's copy. Basically they all have their advantages and their disadvantages. Samus is what you'd expect. A great character overall, but doesn't really do anything special when it comes to Alt or Affinity.
Spire, meh. He can climb walls in Alt and do massive damage with Affinity. As you can see on Nintendowifi, no one uses him.
Kanden, I don't know about him... he's fine, I just don't like him too much. His alt is interesting, it sends out a homing tail and blows up on impact. His Affinity is a massive blast that ****s up your vision. But I just don't enjoy him.
Sylux can drain health and set "proximity" mines basically. Really fun character.
Noxus can freeze enemies and turn into a top. So he kinda always does damage in Alt form. I'd rank him near Samus. So he's pretty good.
Trace, like I said, is a sniper. Find a nest, stay still, and pick of targets. You'll be invisible if you remain stationary, so he's pretty powerful. Just hang back and take some headshots (which don't kill you at full health, just do a lot of damage).
And then there's Weavel. Really ****ing weird Alt form. Think Popo and Nana from Smash Bros. One half is a turret, the other half you control and slash people. If your turret dies, you still live. But if your other half dies, you die. As for his Affinity, it knocks people back, so it's disorientating. Really interesting character.

Overall, I'd say Noxus or Sylux are my favourite. Though I have yet to unlock either on my own copy. Samus is a close second/third, then Weavel, then Kanden, then Spire. But like I said, they're all good and all balanced.

Posted by Zeta

Alright, that's pretty much all I wanted to know. I'm going to avoid asking more questions, lest I degenerate into a squealing little girl.

Posted by Shade

Trace sounds sweet, I'm very sure I'm going to be him when I go online. I might get the game sometime this week.

Quoted post: Trace sounds sweet, I'm very sure I'm going to be him when I go online. I might get the game sometime this week.

Need to unlock him first. And prepare to get your *** kicked by some skillfull Alt rushers. Just be sure to play some bots and get a feel for the map, find nests and **** before you play Wifi.

Posted by Zeta

@Shade: You and 95% of the Hunters community.

I just checked a review, and it had one of those Good, Bad, Ugly things.
[quote=The Ugly]Trace, Trace, Trace, Weavel, Trace, Weavel, Weavel, Trace, Spire, Trace, Samus... woah, somebody is actually playing as Samus?
I kind of laughed.

Quoted post: I kind of laughed.

Almost everyone uses Samus =/. I'd say it's 80% Samus, with the remaining twenty divided by the rest.

Posted by Zeta

Huh, that's weird. Maybe those are just the guys that have been playing Multiplayer, and not concentrating on unlocking in Single Player? I really expected Weavel and Trace to get whored out.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Hows the quality of the DS microphone?

They do get whored, but you just have to remember that this IS a Samus game. Plus, she's unlocked right at the begining, and probably over the of the better original Hunters. So, obviously she's going to be used the most. But for those who've unlocked everyone, she's rarely used.

Quoted post: Hows the quality of the DS microphone?

Like I said, really clear.

Posted by Drewboy64

I haven't played a wifi game yet, because some error always pops up after two people join the wifi game. But Trace is going to be one of the cheapest guys. Sniper Imperialist + invisibility = evil.

Posted by Ant

Am I the only person who finds the controls extremely uncomfortable? I'll switch off between using the thumb and the stylus. My hand keeps on cramping up either way. Also, it's hard to shoot and move at the same time. Arg, I hope I can get use to this.

Quoted post: Am I the only person who finds the controls extremely uncomfortable? I'll switch off between using the thumb and the stylus. My hand keeps on cramping up either way. Also, it's hard to shoot and move at the same time. Arg, I hope I can get use to this.

No matter what you do your hand will cramp up. It's just the DS. The rest is just practice!

Quoted post: But Trace is going to be one of the cheapest guys. Sniper Imperialist + invisibility = evil.

No, Noxus is the cheapest. Drain life while you restore your own heath just as fast? FTW! And then when you go into Alt to stop that from happening, they set up HUGE wire traps to blow you up.

Fun stuff.

Edit: No wait, that's Sylux. My mistake.

Posted by MGamer

ok guys i really need your help. I have Metroid Prime Hunters and I have played a game online before but I don't know where the hell i find my friend code. I am really mad right now so please help me.

Quoted post: ok guys i really need your help. I have Metroid Prime Hunters and I have played a game online before but I don't know where the hell i find my friend code. I am really mad right now so please help me.

Yeah, they kinda hid it.

Go to Multi, Wi-Fi Connection, Edit Friends, Add Friend, top screen.

Posted by Colonel

I have a simple question. Is this game really hard to find in store? I asked for this game for my Birthday (April 6th) and i want to know the odds of my parents actually finding one on account of they wont by things off the internet.

Depends on your city and the stores. Places like EB don't have them, not until this week, but Best Buy and Wal-Mart should have them. Especially by the sixth.

Posted by MGamer

Oh My gosh thank you vampiro. I bought my copy yesterday, I had been saving up my allowance for about a month. It was only 34.99. I bought it at Gamestop. I checked on the website to see if they had any copies at my local store and they said they didn't. I called the store just to make sure and they said they had one copy left and I went and got it.

Posted by Shade

Whoo! I bought it. Awesome game, it's really fun going to Alinos Perch and sniping people from behind the yellow door things. One guy was kept cloaking as Trace right in front of one, and didn't seem to get that going there meant death. Good times. I like the single player, but the bosses take a while to get the hang of, by the second time around, that is. It gets a little annoying.

Quoted post: but the bosses take a while to get the hang of, by the second time around, that is. It gets a little annoying.

Worst part of the game. DEFEAT EASY, IDENTICAL BOSS OF LAST PLANET THEN RUN LIKE HELL FOR NO APPARENT REASON WHATSOEVER.

ftw.

Posted by Shade

Yeah, I know. After having to get the f*ck out so fast the planet could AT LEAST blow up. Instead of it pretty much going, "haha trick'd ya, nothing'll happen lol."

Nah, I like going back to the planets for missed scans and battling the other hunters. But ****, they could do SOMETHING. Like, I don't know, send out a bunch of Guardians to blow up your ship if you don't make it in time?

That's a stupid idea, but it's something.

Posted by Shade

I was actually thinking something along the lines of some sort of *insert whatever race's stuff we're stealing here* G*d coming and extracting vengeance.

That would be too cool.

Eh, it'd be weird. Seeing as how the planets are pretty much deserted and all of a sudden a *** comes down and rains hell on you...
It would make a lot more sense if they just sent out some sort defence (ie. Guardians) to try and kill you in hopes of taking back what you stole.

But yeah, anything it better than nothing.

Posted by Shade

Well, the G*d certainly wouldn't want his race's ancient artifacts to be stolen. And it'd make for a sweet cut-scene.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Vampiro: Worst part of the game. DEFEAT EASY, IDENTICAL BOSS OF LAST PLANET THEN RUN LIKE HELL FOR NO APPARENT REASON WHATSOEVER.

ftw.

Yeah, only one of the bosses I fought was hard (the second eyeball one). The fifrst four (only one's i've fought so far) are way to similiar. I wish they'd make them just a bit more different besides being stronger and more annoying.

Posted by GameMiestro

Last boss is pretty cool, though.

You gotta admit that.

Quoted post: Last boss is pretty cool, though.

You gotta admit that.

Oh, I agree there. But it's one boss out of eight. It just seems odd for a Metroid game when you're used to very different bosses and creatures. But I guess the Hunters make up for that...

Posted by GameMiestro

No Ridley in a Metroid game? For shame! (Metroid 2 excluded, of course.)

More like, no Metroids in a Metroid game? For shame!

Posted by cullenr

my firend code is... 408082632387 please add me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by cullenr

Quoting cullenr: my firend code is... 408082632387 please add me!!!!!!!!!!!!
sorry i mean 008657771124

Posted by Colonel

you could have just simply edited you original post, but whatever.

EDIT: I got this game today, but cant play it until April 6th (My birthday)

Posted by zidaneffixexe

trace is sweet but if you get spire and use his dialance to climb up to a high point and use the imp to snipe its like taking candy (brains) from a baby
(from a skull) spire rules ans so does vohsythe (be be be be beblade) plus
trace is kinda weak in defence like his scan says imperialist rules all

Posted by Zeta

Beat the game. The ZM-style suitless Samus looks much, much better in Hunters than in Echoes.

Now to find all the scans I missed. And then try and get Windows XP so I can play online.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Zeta: Beat the game. The ZM-style suitless Samus looks much, much better in Hunters than in Echoes.

Now to find all the scans I missed. And then try and get Windows XP so I can play online.

Are there any pre-requirements before you can see suitless Samus? I'm almost finished with the game, so I want to know if there's anything I need to snap up before I beat the last boss...

As for upgrading to Windows XP - be careful about that. I upgraded my OS so I would have compatability with my iPod, and it turned into a disaster that lasted for months!

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Zeta]And then try and get Windows XP so I can play online.

Or get a wi-fi connection...

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting GameMiestro: Or get a wi-fi connection...

I think he's referring to Nintendo's USB adapter only being compatible with Windows XP - It's either a new OS, or

Posted by Zeta

Quoting The X: Are there any pre-requirements before you can see suitless Samus? I'm almost finished with the game, so I want to know if there's anything I need to snap up before I beat the last boss...

During the final boss, the wall of the arena has these triangle things you have to hit in a certain order with weapons of the matching color, which is told throught the Alimbic Prophecy scans. In case you're too lazy to check, or don't have all the Prophecy scans, the order is...

Yellow/Volt Driver
Green/Battlehammer
Orange/Magmaul
Blue/Shock Coil
Purple/Judicator
Red/Imperialist

Once you do this you should get a message from Samus' gunship, and you'll fight the final boss' 2nd form. You'll get the good/suitless ending once you beat it. If you don't hit the triangles, you'll only fight the 1st form, and get the bad ending.

Posted by morphball

rember the first bosss on the first planet

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=The X]I think he's referring to Nintendo's USB adapter only being compatible with Windows XP - It's either a new OS, or

Posted by Zetswai

hey my friend code is 2062 2747 9431

Posted by DryBones4Life

its about time some1 posted a friendcode here

Posted by inequity

Where do I find the weapon that opens up red doors?

edit: Nevermind, found it

Posted by Zetswai

hey gimmie yours so we can play!!!!

Posted by Link287

One of the best games out there, hands down.

20 hours of game play. Bad Storyline, but gameplay makes up for it. Love the wifi on it.

Name: Link
Code: 2878-3067-5877

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Inequity: Where do I find the weapon that opens up red doors?

You can find the Imperialist somewhere on Arcterra. Of course, you'll need to get some other weapons to get to it.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Uhh kids? Check out [url=http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=9442]this[/url] thread.

Posted by Drewboy64

So wait, are the only bossese besides the last one just Slench and the Tower thingee? Because they really should have put in different and unique bosses.

Posted by Moogs

No there are about 6 bosses, I think.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Moogs: No there are about 6 bosses, I think.

Only three types. Slench and Cretaphid are fought 4 times each, and they get new attacks & defenses.

Posted by Drewboy64

I was playing online and It said "you have been disconnected from the host." Did the other guy quit? Because I thought it said "There is no one left to play." Or is that in between games?

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Drewboy64: I was playing online and It said "you have been disconnected from the host." Did the other guy quit? Because I thought it said "There is no one left to play." Or is that in between games?

Nah that just happens when you randomly disconnect from WFC. It happened to me a couple of times before too. The WFC system isn't 100% perfect afterall so you are bound to have that happen to you at some point.

Posted by Drewboy64

dang, cause I was beating up on that guy. And then I joined another game and got lockjaw raped.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Mystic Hero]The WFC system is 100% perfect afterall

Do you really think that?

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting GameMiestro: Do you really think that?

Omg did I really say that? WHOA that is like my worst typo ever lmfao. *Goes to edit*

Posted by Ggjeed

Well, just found this site, had the game for a long time now. I agree with the whole trace bit, freaking annoying, but Samus' rockets have the nice heat seaking ability, Just get trace to move, charge up missiles and fire away. Oh yeah, keep moving! Kanden's affinity has some tracking ability, just jump over it. Weavel's alt is difficult to master, for me at least. Sylux is nice with drainage. Spire, I like trickin people out with climbing walls. My favorite map is Alinos Gateway, spire isn't affected by fire either. I want to master Noxus, just too lazy.

Quoted post: Just get trace to move, charge up missiles and fire away.

Or alt. It's harder to get a decent shot, and impossible to get a headshot.

Quoted post: Kanden's affinity has some tracking ability, just jump over it.

It hits you in the air.

Quoted post: Weavel's alt is difficult to master, for me at least.

Easy: Set it up in a tight area, go farming, come back and finish the guy off if your turrent asn't all ready.

Posted by GameMiestro

I think Samus's charged missles make a nice alternative to the imperialist. Her missles homing ability simpily doesn't work at close range, and shooting charged missles from across a huge map is much more accurate (but less powerful) than the Imperialist.

Posted by Ggjeed

Thanks for the tip on weavel. I must clarify, in order to avoid kanden's blast you have to jump right over it just before it hits you. Or just run quickly away, but jumping doesn't jeapordize your fighting position. The missiles are easy to launch off so headshots aren't necessary. My problem with weavel is hitting people with the controlable half.

Quoted post: My problem with weavel is hitting people with the controlable half.

That's not too much a problem. It's a lot like Trace's alt, it's just a matter of lining up your lunge, and if you miss, spam it until you get a hit.

Posted by GameMiestro

You know what would be awesome? If you could dodge shots by quickly changing into Alt form, and watching the bullets fly over your head.

Posted by XxLionheartXx

Attention, Pfc Coro, Anty Panty, Jamie, Mystic Hero, Kanwulf, and Game Miestro, i have your friend codes entered and i want you to add me so can you tell me how to get my friend code for metroid prime hunters?

Posted by Tails

I made my own banner so I don't always have to post my code. Although, I'm a 2 star now, and if you wanna fight me (and most likely win, lol), then PM me.

Posted by Drewboy64

Is it true you can "unlock" suitless samus? I'm not talking about the special ending. I heard from [URL="http://ds.gamedaily.com/game/cheats/?gameid=3129"]some sites[/URL] that you can by getting 100% in each file, but gamefags doesn't say that.

Posted by Zeta

That's pure bull****.

Posted by powerpuff

add me 3565-5416-4136