Final Fantasy: GENERAL Discussion

Posted by Xenos

Alright, I don't want to hear them "omg i dun want 2 talk about ff all in one thread!!!"

This is GENERAL discussion. You can post out of it if you want.

Posted by Dooms Day

Does anyone play final fantasy X, VIII or Tactics Advance?

If you play FFX, oui syo pa ypma du ihtancdyht drec.

And does any one know how defeat the 3rd Seymor?

Posted by Cloudstud

I believe you said somthing in the Al Bhed language.... But i dont rememebr it at all so what does that say?

Posted by booyah719

A shame for me; got FF Tactics Advanced for Christmas, but left it at a friend's house when he was telling me all it's perks (wasn't sure if I should have got it or not). Haven't talked to him in a few weeks, and he's too much a of a bastard to come out here and take it back to me. On the other hand, at least I have FF 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, and 10 to play. All excellent games!

Posted by Xero

For the moment, i'm playin FF 1&2 Dawn of souls. I got them on gameboy advance and i'm quite far right now. These are the first games I played. FF created many games...Probably too much. :devil:

Posted by Bubblez

I'm playing FF II on the Super-Nes and it's fun to see how a lot of those old elements were used again in the newer parts of the series. It's cool when a game exists over such a long time and you see how the games evolve. I also have the FF Anthology games for the PS1, but I still have to find a TV that displays 60 herz games since I can't play with my moded PS on my TV.

Posted by cloud 7.0

Who knows if ff12 is going to be online

Posted by William

I'm pretty sure that it's not going to be an online game. The reasons for this being:

#1 - They haven't mentioned it.
#2 - The online community of Final Fantasy XI will drop a great deal, and they already have that to deal with. Having two seperate Final Fantasy online games running at the same time, wouldn't really be wise for Square-Enix at the moment in my opinion.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

It's not going to be. As far as I know.

EDIT: Yes, William's right. Square has enough to handle with one FF online. Plus, it wouldn't be wise to make another one, right away, for the fact that not everyone is able to or wants to play online.

Posted by Bubblez

I'd appreciate it, if FF 12 is not online. I still can't play online games so I wouldn't buy one.

I've lost my save files on FF II, now I have to start all over again. I was so angry I bouth FF Dawn Of Souls for the GBA. Nice game and I'm hooked to it even if I could only play about 3 hours. It's nicd that they bring old RPGs (and old games in general) to the GBA.

Posted by Legend Saber

Quoting Bubblez: I've lost my save files on FF II, now I have to start all over again. I was so angry I bouth FF Dawn Of Souls for the GBA. Nice game and I'm hooked to it even if I could only play about 3 hours. It's nicd that they bring old RPGs (and old games in general) to the GBA.

The Final Fantasy versions on Dawn of Souls I've heard are botched copies of the originals.

Posted by Ice Dragon

I think that Final Fantasy VII, and Final Fastasy VIII are two of the greatest games ever made....... Both of there story lines are really hard to follow...The funny thing is once you have played Final Fantasy VII and then you play Final Fantasy VIII you get really messed up when you go back to play Final Fantasy VII, you get confused for a while...............

Posted by FiNaL FaNtAsY XI

u oll tink u r masters
ure all amatuers i hav
ff4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ,10, tactics, and chrono trigger

beat that !!!!!!

Posted by William

Quoting Ice Dragon: I think that Final Fantasy VII, and Final Fastasy VIII are two of the greatest games ever made....... Both of there story lines are really hard to follow...The funny thing is once you have played Final Fantasy VII and then you play Final Fantasy VIII you get really messed up when you go back to play Final Fantasy VII, you get confused for a while...............

Why would you get confused by playing Final Fantasy VII after you play Final Fantasy VIII? The only thing I can think of is the type of game it is, since VIII is more sci-fi themed than fantasy - because the games are in no way related...other than the "Final Fantasy".

Posted by Dark

I'm playing Dawn of Souls right now.. good game.

Posted by neonmole

[COLOR=Yellow]Well I started playing Final Fantasy 1 on the Fainal Fantasy Origins game for the PS1 last week and I got about 8 hours into it (I am playing this game on the PS2 by the way). I played a little but this evening but when I went back on it I found that the save file had corrupted!
I am using a PS1 memory card and I don't understand why this happened. So anyway I have started again and I am 15 minutes into it, but it is annoying having to go through everything again.
[/COLOR]

Posted by Bubblez

That sucks big time! I've lost my saves on the FF II card for the Super-Nes. I've started a new game and played about five hours. First I thought it was the batteries that died but I still can save new games. I was so frustrated that I bought FF Dawn Of Souls for the GBA. At the moment I don't wanna play the S-Nes game because I'm affraid something like this will happen again.

Quoting William: Why would you get confused by playing Final Fantasy VII after you play Final Fantasy VIII? The only thing I can think of is the type of game it is, since VIII is more sci-fi themed than fantasy - because the games are in no way related...other than the "Final Fantasy".

Perhaps he means controls...

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Okay, is anyone playing Final Fantasy I for the NES, or is playing original games not cool anymore?

Seriously, I'd like to remind everyone that before they made Final Fantasy VII, they made 6 other Final Fantasy games. 7 was not the first one. It made it as high as 7 because the first 6 are really good. If they weren't, it wouldn't have made it as far as it did.

Try FF1 for the NES sometime, and then you can talk about FF1 because DoS is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too watered down. MP, new items, easier monsters, less exp per lvl, more gold per fight, things cheaper in shops = TOO EASY.

Feion

Posted by neonmole

[COLOR=Yellow]If I had the original Final Fantasy and a NES I would be playing it on that, trust me. But seen as I don't I am playing it on the FF Origins games for the PS1, but I aren't playing it on the easy mode, I am playing on the normal mode.[/COLOR]

Posted by Fei-on Castor

FF1 origins on normal mode is probably the closest to the original. But the item system is still easier to work with, and there's nothing the charm of NES graphics and sound.

Sorry to blow up like that. I'm glad that people are getting enjoyment out of FF1, no matter what version they play. I just get frustrated sometimes because I've been playing these games since they came out (that is, FF2 SNES came out), and back then, my brothers and I were the only ones that played them. Now everyone does, and it's upsetting that our little franchise has grown up...

Feion

Posted by Madame Flurrie

I have the original Final Fantasy, though I never did beat it. Saying "it's a challenge" is an understatement. :) I should try and beat it this summer...

My favorites are 6, 9, and Crystal Chronicles.

You know, it's not the easiest thing in the world to stroll into Wal-mart or EB Games and pick up an original copy of FFI for the NES. It's difficult to come across. And some people don't like Ebay. So, they have no choice but to buy origins, or DoS. And even if they did happen to come across a NES copy, what's to say that they have an actual, working NES? Or one at all?

Posted by Legend Saber

Quoting William: Why would you get confused by playing Final Fantasy VII after you play Final Fantasy VIII?

Eh, Ice Dragon is a person I know in real life. His house is insanely hectic, I'm surprised he knows what the stories are at all.

Quoting Angelwing: Perhaps he means controls...

I've altered his controller scheme so that Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII play with exactly the same controls to him, so I don't think it's that.

Anyway, Final Fantasy VII j00nz all of j00. Final Fantasy Tactics is pretty damn good, as well. But then, I haven't beaten Final Fantasy Tactics twelve times, now have I?

Posted by neonmole

Quoting feioncastor: FF1 origins on normal mode is probably the closest to the original. But the item system is still easier to work with, and there's nothing the charm of NES graphics and sound.

Sorry to blow up like that. I'm glad that people are getting enjoyment out of FF1, no matter what version they play. I just get frustrated sometimes because I've been playing these games since they came out (that is, FF2 SNES came out), and back then, my brothers and I were the only ones that played them. Now everyone does, and it's upsetting that our little franchise has grown up...

Feion

[COLOR=Yellow]I understand what it's like. I was into a certain kind of music before all my friends, like years ago and now they've only just discovered it and they keep telling me how good it is and ive known about it since I was like 11. When the NES came out I wasn't really old enough to appreciate games. I was born in 1988. [/COLOR]

Posted by Ronin

i've never played origins but i've heard its really good.....i might buy it one of these days.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Ronin: i've never played origins but i've heard its really good.....i might buy it one of these days.

There's something I want to make sure that you understand. Final Fantasy Origins is not a game. It is a collection of two games, two really good games. Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy II. If you can't understand that, then you won't like the games because they're much harder than the FFs you're probably familiar with.

Seriously, you guys, please, please, please, please play the earlier FF games, on their original platforms, if you can. There's nothing the magic of playing FF1 on the NES. Archaic and crude, but still charming as heck. Likewise with FF4 and FF6, we call them FF2 and FF3 on the SNES.

Again, I don't mean to blow up, but this really upsets me when I hear people talking about re-releases of FF games as if they're the actual game. I know Ronin didn't do that just now, because he clarified "origins", but still, there will never be anything as spectacular as the originals. No remakes will ever do them justice.

Feion

Posted by Ronin

i knew it was 2 games but now im confused about what you just said feion.

Does the original FF games on the NES differ from those of origins? Because if they do then i guess ill try to find a copy off FF1 for the NES but that won't be easy.

Posted by neonmole

[COLOR=Yellow]They are different. From what I have heard, not from experiance:
*FF Origins is a lot easier than the originals on the NES.
*The graphics are different
*The originals on the NES are better than any of the remade ones.
*You should play FF1 and FF2 on the NES.
*The remakes like FF Origins and Dawn Of Souls aren't rubbish but they aren't as good as the first ones.[/COLOR]

Posted by Bubblez

I don't know about the original game on the NES but the FF I game on Dawn Of Souls is much easier than the one on Origins. You level up faster and the dungeons are easier because of this.

Yes, the original on NES is much harder. I really hated travelling across the water and encountering enemies ever three seconds. It's not so fun after awhile. Although I did like the game, unfortunately, I had to return it to my friend before I had time to finish it.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Here's the scoop, so to speak.

The NES version has:

Higher prices in shops
Less GP earned per fight
Less EXP earned per fight
More EXP required to LVL up
Incredibly limited space for weapons and armor (only 16 weapon and 16 armor slots, and that includes what you have equipped!!)
Limited selection of items. Only 3 potions. Heal (rest. HP), Pure (cures Poison), and Soft (cures stone), other than that, nothing.
Only can save at Inns or if you have a Tent/Cabin/House
Very limited MP. Even at lvl 50 (highest Lvl in the original), you can still only cast 9 of the lowest lvl spells.
Very difficult to work with magic system.
For the first 10 lvls or so, you'll probably miss more than you succesfully hit an enemy with physical attacks due to a faulty stat system.

But even with all these imperfections and difficulties, the game was incredible. It makes it way more fun to be more challenging. If it's too easy, it's no fun cause anyone can do it. But there are few who can actually beat FF1.

Also, Angelwing, once you get the airship, there's no more of that enemies every 3 steps thing cause you don't fight when in your airship. And it can land on any grassland, not just at docks like the regular ship.

FF1 has considerably worse graphics and sound than origins or DoS. But those old graphics have a lot of charm. They are really magical, in many ways. If SMB3 was all 3-D, would it have been as cool?

Feion

Posted by Ronin

i think im just gonna buy origins because from what you said of the NES version it seems a lot harder. And from every one said about how good it is i think i'd rather have a game that i can enjoy and not throw stuff at the screen.

Posted by Legend Saber

Feion, a lot of the stuff you mentioned seems to have remained intact in Origins.

Quoting feioncastor: Higher prices in shops
Less GP earned per fight
Less EXP earned per fight
More EXP required to LVL up

I can't vouch accurately on this, but on Origins, my money supply is extremely limited, I had to train like hell to get my White Mage to learn Life1, but it was worth it, because now, I have the ability to revive in the feild (even if my Mage can only cast it once before needing refueling). Also, I generally can't upgrade all my equipment right away when I enter a new town, I usually get one weapon and upgrade a bit of armor but that's it. As far a levels go, I've just reached Melmond and my levels are all at 12, sound accurate?

Quoting feioncastor: Incredibly limited space for weapons and armor (only 16 weapon and 16 armor slots, and that includes what you have equipped!!)
Limited selection of items. Only 3 potions. Heal (rest. HP), Pure (cures Poison), and Soft (cures stone), other than that, nothing.

As far as the 16 Weapon/Armor goes, I can't say much on that, I think it was changed for Origins, but I'm not too sure. As for the items, it seems similar enough, Potion heals HP, Antidote cures Poison, Gold Needle cures Stone (can't use it in battle, though). Those are the only three battle items I've seen so far.

Quoting feioncastor: Only can save at Inns or if you have a Tent/Cabin/House

Same on Origins. Except it's Sleeping Bag/Tent/Cottage. That, and you can now save anywhere on a temporary (it's automatically deleted when you turn the game off) save called a memo file. I doubt that was on the original, but I never use it anyway.

Quoting feioncastor: Very limited MP. Even at lvl 50 (highest Lvl in the original), you can still only cast 9 of the lowest lvl spells.

Seems fairly similar to Origins, tell me if this seems right: Level 12 Mage, Magic 6/4/4/3/1/0/0/0.

Quoting feioncastor: Very difficult to work with magic system.

Might have been changed for Origins, I like the magic system there. Makes you think more because you can't restore MP and you can only use certain magics a certain number of times before you run out.

Quoting feioncastor: For the first 10 lvls or so, you'll probably miss more than you succesfully hit an enemy with physical attacks due to a faulty stat system.

About right, except, on Origins, you start to miss less around level six or so.

Oh well, after reading that, it seems to me that Dawn of Souls was screwed up big time on Game Boy Advance. Origins isn't the original, updated graphics and playing the game with a Playstation controller can easily ruin that feeling of nostaliga people get from playing the true original, but I'm glad that, at the very least, it was kept more loyal to Final Fantasy I than Souls was, as I'm never going to get the original.

Posted by Ronin

now see that's what i don't understand, why would they remake the game for 2 systems (if you count the gba as a system) and make the remakes different from the original, and eachother. To me that's just not good marketing.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Legend Saber, I was contrasting FF1 NES to FF1: DoS, not to FFO. FFO is a pretty good remake, if you're playing the normal mode. The only difference between FFO Normal and FF1 NES is the inventory thing. In FF1 NES, each character has 4 weapon slots and 4 armor slots. So if each character has Body Armor, Helmet, Gloves, Accesory (ProCape and stuff), there's no more room because all four characters have 4 items equipped. No room for spare items, even if you find something in a treasure box, you'll have to discard one of your equipped items to pick it up.

But FFO is a faithful recreation. The biggest difference is obviously the graphics and sound, but it is neat to hear the music as Nobuo heard it. When he composed the music, I'm sure he didn't envision the monotonous MIDI noises of the NES, but rather violins, cellos, flutes and other instruments that we hear more clearly on the PSX.

Feion

Posted by Shwinn

Any One here play Final Fantasy XI?

Posted by Ronin

i was thinking about buying it, but then i realized that it can't be that much fun because online games are repetative, and after a while there wouldn't be much to do. but on the other hand this game might be different so i don't know.

Posted by neonmole

[COLOR=Yellow]Ok I am wondering if someone can help me. I have the earth, fire and water chrystals. I have done the Sunken Shrine dungeon and I was unsure of where to go next so I looked at a walkthrough and it told me to go to Melmond and talk to Dr Unne in the grave yard and he will teach me to speak the Lufenian language but when I go and talk to him he just says the same thing and doesn't mention the language or anything. Why is this?[/COLOR]

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting neonmole: [COLOR=Yellow]Ok I am wondering if someone can help me. I have the earth, fire and water chrystals. I have done the Sunken Shrine dungeon and I was unsure of where to go next so I looked at a walkthrough and it told me to go to Melmond and talk to Dr Unne in the grave yard and he will teach me to speak the Lufenian language but when I go and talk to him he just says the same thing and doesn't mention the language or anything. Why is this?[/COLOR]

You need the Rosetta Stone (DoS, or the "Slab" as its called on NES) from the waterfall. You know the city of Onlak (Onrac) where you go to the sunken shrine? There is a stream near that city. Use your canoe to upstream a ways until you find a waterfall... Or, wait, that's actually to get something else you'll need. Well, still go to the waterfall anyway, but the Rosetta Stone is actually in the Sunken Shrine. On the floor with the mermaid city. One of the treasure boxes has the stone you need to bring to Dr. Unne. Yeah, in the Sunken Shrine, on the floor with the mermaid city, there is a treasure box with the Rosetta Stone in it...

But after you do all that, you'll need to go to the aformentioned waterfall and retrieve the treasure there.

Feion

Posted by neonmole

[COLOR=Yellow]Ah I see, thanks for that. *pikachu* [/COLOR]

Posted by inuyasha kicks

i just bought DOS pre-owned. the previous owner was really good and i saw that he had advanced classes for instance his theif looked like a ninja. How do i get those advanced classes?

Posted by neonmole

[COLOR=Yellow]You have to go and see the Dragon king person in the Dragon caves.

I just completed FF1 today! It took 31 hours 29 minutes.[/COLOR]

Posted by Ronin

well i just finished maxing stats on FFX.

unusually easy....

*ponders*

Posted by inuyasha kicks

i havent fully maxed out my stats but they are really high on auron yuna and tidus. i did it just enough to beat nemesis. i dont have the kinda time to max out stats cause getting several stats 255 on 3 people took 112 hours.

I was aiming to get all of my characters' hp to 99,999 and mp to 999. They can all pretty much hit for 99,999, and most of them have their health up to 40,000 or so, but I just haven't had the time or the want to finish that yet. I was planning to level up quite a bit more in Blitzball, but I haven't lost a game in ages, so it's kind of pointless.

Posted by Ronin

dang man it took you 112 hours? Wow. To max auron's, yuna's, and tidus's stats on my game took like 20 at the most. What were you doing for it to take that long?

Posted by Arczu

Holy crap, I didn't think other people would be doing that.

I think it was waaaay to much trouble to Break the HP Limit comfortably (not to mention how much it costs to buy empty 4-slot armor). I like that you can do it (because that's awesome). Most enemies cannot touch any of the characters who aren't from the battle arena.

It's so much fun to cast fire and do 8,500 damage. Or drain for 11,550! Geez that's power... Yu Yevon ain't got s*t on These guys. Seriously, their grid's are all glowing. 99S.lvls waiting ang... man.

Haha. But then again, Yu Yevon didn't ever have much, what with auto freakin' revive.

Posted by Ronin

Yeah....just wait till you do 99,999 damage with a normal attack. Now that's fun. And i didn't really go for the break hp limit because if you max defense and magic defense for all characters there are only like 3 monsters in the game that can do over 9,999 damage to you, and they're all in the monster arena. I did break hp limit with Tidus though because i didn't know what i was doing and it was an accident. He has like 22,000 hp right now. It's cool and all, but it took forever just to get it to there, i couldn't imagine getting it higher with all the characters.

Posted by Arczu

Well, with the right equipping, you could get it to 80,000 if you wanted... but that's overdoing it. I thought it was funny that the characters were stronger than than the Aeons. Rikku was so freaking fast that using a Quick Hit would give her another turn right away!

I can remember the first time I faced nemisis... woo. That was funny.
>Nemesis attacks for 32,000+ on character 1, then attacks AGAIN with this eye-beam crap knocking character 2 the HELL out. Then I get a turn... attack for a measly 2k then die.

Posted by Nemesis

I have a question for FF Tactics. During/before a battle, how do you use the law cards? Its ****ing me off that I started a battled and half way into it I use a sword and I get sent to jail. I used a sword earlier in the battle.

Posted by Ronin

What i did was check what law was going to be applied before i went into the battle and ran around if i didn't like it. I didn't even have to use law cards.

Posted by Nemesis

O...I didn't press b before pressing start when it was my turn . I feel stupid...

Posted by Anethemo Rex

Quoting Nemesis: I have a question for FF Tactics. During/before a battle, how do you use the law cards? Its ****ing me off that I started a battled and half way into it I use a sword and I get sent to jail. I used a sword earlier in the battle.

what r u talking about? i have played fftacitics a lot of times and theres no law cards or jail or anything in that game.

They are referring to Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced. Not the original.

Posted by Ronin

I liked Tactics for the PS much better than the one for the gameboy. It was funner and had better plot.

Posted by neo55

I

Posted by William

[QUOTE=neo55]I

Yeah, the memory card is probably faulty, or dying. Just pick up a new one.

btw, FFVII does have three discs.

Posted by William

Quoting Angelwing:
btw, FFVII does have three discs.

lmao...oops, yeah you're right...Now that I actually think about it, my copy does have 3 discs. I have no clue what the hell I was thinking about earlier. Sorry :(

Heh, I was going to ask you how you managed finishing the game. :mad:

Posted by William

Quoting Angelwing: Heh, I was going to ask you how you managed finishing the game. :mad:

I guess I just forgot about the 3rd disc, since it's so short. I think all that was on it was mostly the last place/last battles.

Posted by neo55

Quoting William: Hard to comprehend exactly what you mean but...

"third disk far"? My copy of FFVII only has 2 discs. And if your save files are messing up, get a new memory card. That's the problem.

i have more three memory card that all faild me.

Posted by William

Get a NEW memory card and test it. If it still doesn't work, try the other memory card port...If that doesn't work, then I suspect something is wrong with your memory card ports. If so, take it to a shop and get it fixed, or...buy a new console.

Posted by catchh

it's horrible having access to games and no computer to play them on, well not one with a good enough garphics card to support them lol. ffxi for example. i started on someone elses computer played till i was level 11 or 12 or close to that lol, then i gave my character to someone for a mule. i was leaving that area anyways now i sort of want to play lol.

neo55: Which brand of memory cards are you using?

And yeah, the third disc mainly has the last few events, but it also holds all of the previous towns etc.

Posted by neo55

just a normal 120 kb memory card and it works with all other final fantasy games its just this one game it really sucks. :bangbang:

Posted by William

That...doesn't make any sense. The game wouldn't cause the memory card to keep losing data I wouldn't think...I've never heard of it happening before at least.

Quoting neo55: just a normal 120 kb memory card and it works with all other final fantasy games its just this one game it really sucks. :bangbang:

Uhh, you mean a Sony 15 block card? Anyhow, what exactly happens? The game wouldn't erase the block as it doesn't access the card except when initial loading and then saving...

Posted by Dragon Ryder

Heres an idea how about you borrow a friends memory card you know since he knows that works just to test it out. If you get lucky he'll let u keep it since most people play PS2 now. Also there is a second option which you can get a playstion emulator on your computer. Thats what i did becuase my star ocean 2 keeps on freezing at the end of the disc. anyhow i downloading the game and played it on computer (you can also play off disc). The emulator is called ePSXe if i'm not mistaken. If you get trouble and the sounds not good and whatnot. your going to have to play around with the pluggins and configuration. Took me about a week to get it running but it's worth it.

Posted by buddha

Quoting cloud 7.0: Who knows if ff12 is going to be online

its not

Posted by buddha

Quoting Fei-on Castor: FF1 origins on normal mode is probably the closest to the original. But the item system is still easier to work with, and there's nothing the charm of NES graphics and sound.

Feion

Kind of feel the same ,remember mystic quest

Posted by Dragon Ryder

I'm curious what other people used as thier main partys in FFX-2. Havn't played it in a long time but basicly i put 2 berzerkers and a Warrior. Let the warrior cast the move i forgot that casts shell protect haste and berzerk(or something like that). and basicly watch the enemy squirm for dear life.

Posted by Dragon Ryder

Is it me or is the final fantasy tactics for PS1 better than the FFT for GBA?

I got sick of the gba version with the rules and i hated the way you get alot of the jobs right away and your team all at once. you get no sence of acomplishment from it if the people are just going to fall in your lap. I just put it down and beat the playstation version again.

Posted by KuraiKitsune

Buddha: Mystic Quest... I remember that one. It insulted my intelligence when I played it, as it quite literally was targeted at "stupid Americans". I didn't need an RPG that was dumbed up special for Americans, and didn't need the prep to go into the Final Fantasy series, as Square had initially intended. Though you may not believe me about their motives for making the game, I do have some proof behind this.

http://xenon.stanford.edu/~geksiong/papers/sts145/Squaresoft%20and%20FF7.htm

Believing American gamers to be idiots, they simplified the RPG format to better suit the 'stupid' people of America, and was released in Japan as Final Fantasy USA. So, if you liked that old game, you have my utmost sense of pity.

Dragon Ryder: Indeed, FFT was far better for the PS1, though Tactics Advance for the GBA had its charms. Final Fantasy Tactics proved to be a more challenging game, though I must say that the chibified character icons in Tactics Advance was what kept me hooked.

The rules in Tactics Advance kept battles interesting; by enforcing various rules, it forced your hand into possibly changing favored tactics in exchange for some lesser-used ones, creating, in a sense, a far more deep strategy game where one tactic will simply not work in battle. If you don't want people to join you, reject them; there's no rule against it, though I did enjoy recruiting new fighters in FFT rather than recieving them.

In the end, they're both good games... it's just a matter of what you're looking for in a strategy game.

Posted by dylananisa

I HAVE FF1&2DOS, FFTA, FFX2 ACTUALY MY BROTHER HAS THAT ONE... CAN KINGDOMHEARTS CHAIN OF MEMORYS BECAUSE SQUARE-ENIX MADE FF AND KH???

YAY MOOGLES

Posted by KuraiKitsune

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say, dylananisa. I haven't the slightest clue as to what you're asking about, quite frankly.

I think she means can she talk about Kingdom Hearts in this thread...If so, there is a different thread for that. But your guess is as good as mine.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting buddha: Kind of feel the same ,remember mystic quest

Absolutely! I played it yesterday.

Posted by Dragon Ryder

[QUOTE=
The rules in Tactics Advance kept battles interesting; by enforcing various rules, it forced your hand into possibly changing favored tactics in exchange for some lesser-used ones, creating, in a sense, a far more deep strategy game where one tactic will simply not work in battle.
QUOTE]

My friend played FFT advanced and he kept on using rules that has a disadvantage to the enemy so they can't cast spells and stuff. I just see it as cheap but that just makes the game easy and if its too easy it gets boring.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Dragon Ryder: My friend played FFT advanced and he kept on using rules that has a disadvantage to the enemy so they can't cast spells and stuff. I just see it as cheap but that just makes the game easy and if its too easy it gets boring.

If you can get the laws you want in place. It's not like it's that simple. For example, if you put in a law that prevents Black Magic, then none of your guys can cast Black Magic either. So you're left with other types of attacks. But the enemy most likely can use lots of other attacks besides Black Magic. So by making Black Magic illegal, you're not really helping since both sides lose the ability.

There are some exceptions. There are a few fights where you go up against nothing but magic users, and so forth. In that case, it's good to use the laws to your advantage. But keep in mind, bosses will break laws anyway. They'll just break all the laws and rack up a million yellow cards because the judge will never give them a red card and take them to prison, whereas, if you break too many laws, you're sent to prison in Sphrom.

Posted by Ronin

Dragon Ryder: In FFX-2 i always had a white mage, no matter what. I would usually use a bushido/samurai also cause they can dish out major damage. My third character would either be a status inducer or magic user, because after the healer and fighter, i need a specialist of some sort.

Posted by Dragon Ryder

Quoting Ronin: Dragon Ryder: In FFX-2 i always had a white mage, no matter what. I would usually use a bushido/samurai also cause they can dish out major damage. My third character would either be a status inducer or magic user, because after the healer and fighter, i need a specialist of some sort.

well why don't you just give you white mage that grid that lets you use black magic. You know have a double wammy. When your using your black mage to lvl up the skills you can have it on the grid that lets you use white magic.

For your third character I would choose an alchemist. They do decent amout of damage with the right items and never hurts to have another healer.

Posted by FaytLeingod99

Hey does anyone know if they have announced the Advent Children release date? I've been waiting for it to come out forever. FF7 has been my favorite rpg since i was 9. Its the game that got me into playing rpgs.

I believe it will be released on DVD September 14th in Japan, and Canada and the USA not long afterwards.

Posted by Lulu

Does anyone here like Lulu?

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Heh, I like Lulu just fine. I've always thought she'd have quite a backache, though.

That's quite a question to ask, by the way.

Of course. One of my favourite characters in FFX, in fact.

Posted by Ronin

*reads fei-on casters post*

*finally understands*

LOL nice.

Posted by KuraiKitsune

I'd have to agree with Angelwing; Lulu was my favorite character in FFX. Though, due to the fact that I'm cosplaying her, I do have one thing against her... She needs to get a higher front for her dress. x.x''

Posted by johnnyjy2k

im *****ed off with square-enix they have a chance to cash in by remaking ff7 but no its only a tech demo at first i was happy read the review and got ****ed all the other ff's have got worse ff7=brilliant ff8=brilliant 9 is **** 10 is ok but bad ending 102 is crap as i said they r gettin worse does any 1 agree

Yeah, Final Fantasy 102 is utter crap!!!!!!!11

Posted by Dragon Ryder

heh FF10-2 might as well been called Final fantasy the sidequest!

Posted by johnnyjy2k

ff10-2 is utter bollocks hey where can people have a live chat about it it would be good 2 talk 2 someone

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Final Fantasy 10-2 may as well have been called Final Fantasy X-2, and it may as well have not sucked so harshly.

Posted by johnnyjy2k

it is crap

Posted by johnnyjy2k

where can people have a live chat about it it would be good 2 talk 2 someone about it do you no anything

Posted by johnnyjy2k

about ff i mean

This isn't the place for a 'live' chat, so cease to triple post. Use the edit button instead.

Posted by johnnyjy2k

well were is the place

Posted by El Capitan

Anyways I just beaten Final Fantasy IX about a week ago? Sounds about right, what exactly was Necron and what did he do? They didn't really explain much about him very well. Any background history would be great. Thanks.

Posted by William

You have to pay more attention to what he says. That kind of tells you what he is and his purpose in being at the end of the game. Well, gives you some hints to it.

"...Now, the theory is undeniable."
"Kuja's action proves it. All things live to perish."
"At last, life has uncovered this truth. Now, it is time to end this world."

He's basically been there forever. He is always there, even after you beat him. He is the personification of chaos and death - the opposite of the crystal, which provides life and creation. Kuja didn't directly summon him, but it was Kuja that caused Necron to become active once again, instead of staying in his dormant state. Since Necron is pretty much "death", and Kuja wanted to destroy the world so much, Necron was "summoned" indirectly to destroy the world. That's why he appeared at the end of the game.

Does that explain it well enough? =/

Posted by johnnyjy2k

r use talkin bout ff9 or wot?

Posted by William

This thread is for "general" discussion on all of the Final Fantasy games. If you would've read the previous 2 posts, and maybe have played FFIX, then you'd know that currently, yes - those posts were about FFIX.

Posted by El Capitan

Ahh thanks William that clears alot of things, also he said he would be around forever as long there was life and death. Atleast something of that nature.

Posted by William

Yeah, the crystal is "life" and Necron was "death". As long as life exists on this planet, there will always be death, therefore he will always exist. :p

Posted by FaytLeingod99

I still haven't beaten final fantasy 9. The characters I use are all at level 56 on the third disc. how hard is the last boss?

Posted by William

Depends on how good you are at RPGs I would think. To me, I think the last boss is relatively easy. Kuja was harder in my opinion.

Posted by El Capitan

Everything was easy at the end, I sorda have to look at the guides and see where my guys can stand up to the bosses. On the third and fourth disc I only used Steiner, Vivi, Zidane, and Garnet(Dagger). All of them were in the 80's and all had there legendary weapons.

I used the same four, as well, but they were just above level sixty. Both Kuja and Necron aren't relatively hard, so you should be all right.

Posted by William

I think my levels were around the same as Angelwing's...but I used...Zidane, Vivi, Steiner, and Amarant. :p

Posted by Poco

I'm playing final fantasy for the first time since it came out. I've had it since yesterday, and I'm already toward the end of the 2nd disc. When originally beat it, I used Zidane (duh), garnet(duh), Freya(highly underrated, high attack, good defense, awesome skills), Amarant(if it weren't for Money Toss, he'd be totally useless). So far, it's really fun.

Posted by Dragon Ryder

game was fun but its alway the first time around i have no clue what i'm doing. My first team barly beat the game zidane, garnet, vivi, quin? (i forgot the name. The one one that starts with Qu.) The Qu is very underestimated if used right u can do 9999 damage every turn.

Posted by Dark

I agree. Quina's Frog Drop can do heaps of damage if you spend some of your time collecting frogs to power up the attack. Mine can do about 8000+ damage for every time. Not to mention White Wind is basically the ultimate recovery magic.

Posted by Poco

I've had it a week, and I'm already in the 4th disc. Amarant rocks more then I remember. Doing 7000+ damage a hit rocks. I like Freya, too. Cherry Blossom is the best skill ever

Posted by Xenos

FFXII looks crappy. I FIGHT IN A PINK MINI SKIRT!!!!!!! no. The character designs in Square have gone stale. At least in FFVII Tifa had fight-worthy clothing, in FFVIII Rinoa wore comfortable shorts and shirt, in FFIX looked more realistic when Dagger wore a jump-suit like outfit. Now we have switched into the generation of high heels and skanky clothing.

Posted by El Capitan

So you think FFXII is crappy because of the way designers made the clothes? Pity. Final Fantasy XII looks great its the revolution of RPGS. The graphics are great and the new battle system sounds interesting also the summons look sweet. The upgraded Ifrit is perhaps the best of them all.

http://www.ffxii.net/

http://www.ffxii.net/image.php?view=/images/content/summons/ifr6.jpg (Ifrit...*drools*)

Posted by Xenos

Uh... No, that is -one- of the reasons. The storyline seems to be a drab. It might not be--but it sure seems to be heading the direction. The trailers were amazing, graphically, however, I only hope the story and gameplay can live up to it. I think the last FF that I really enjoyed was nine. Sadly, not too many people agree.

However, I admit that FFX's character design was very fancy, with the exception of Wakka. It seems as if the contruction this game seems a bit of a drab. The architecture is a different story--very well laid out. Though I simply don't understand what the hell they were thinking? Satistifying horny gamers?

Posted by Cloudstud

Final Fantasy XII will be a great game. As much as alot of people dont like to admit, all of the final fantasies made were great games. The only reason there are ever any complaints about FF is becuase if its impossible high standards. Final Fantasy XII will be great and even the people that actually liked the game will be afraid to admit they liked it bacause of all the final fantasy haters out there. But thats just my opinion.

Posted by Li_long

I think the two best final fantasies that i've played so far would have to be III (U.S.) and VII. I say III because it's what got me into rpg's in the first place, and VII because it just kicked everything else's azz that was out at the time and it was a huge leap from the snes ff's.

Posted by Slayde

Quoting Dark: I agree. Quina's Frog Drop can do heaps of damage if you spend some of your time collecting frogs to power up the attack. Mine can do about 8000+ damage for every time. Not to mention White Wind is basically the ultimate recovery magic.
I got frog drop to do about the same...that move works good on Ozma. that guy was deadly. took me a while to beat him..not to mention leveling up my chocobo for *** knows how long to acually get to that level. In my opinion Zidane has crappy trance skills..especially near the end of the game when you have gotten most of them, i got all of them to do 9999...the only difference was the look. Kinda pointless.

Posted by guybob1000

[url]www.streetracingwar.com/refer.php?ref=77465[/url]

Posted by project101

I have a question will square soft ever make another final fantasy game as good as FF VII cause from the looks of some of the ff games that they have been putting out its like that they are trying to run the series into the ground and thats way not cool cuz I love ff and I dont want the rest of the series to be like X or X-2

Posted by LinksPast

Quoting project101: I have a question will square soft ever make another final fantasy game as good as FF VII cause from the looks of some of the ff games that they have been putting out its like that they are trying to run the series into the ground and thats way not cool cuz I love ff and I dont want the rest of the series to be like X or X-2

Why would they run themselves into the ground? FF IX Was a Great game in almost every aspect. FFX Was also very well done. So You generalizing ff vii as the last good game either means ur shallow or very close minded.

Posted by Demonizer

What about FF VI/III?? :D
It Rockz!

Quoting LinksPast: Why would they run themselves into the ground? FF IX Was a Great game in almost every aspect. FFX Was also very well done. So You generalizing ff vii as the last good game either means ur shallow or very close minded.

Or maybe it's just his own bloody opinion.

Posted by darkwhispers

is this the right place to ask when final fantasy: advent children will be released in the usa

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting darkwhispers: is this the right place to ask when final fantasy: advent children will be released in the usa

Nov 29, 2005?

Posted by darkwhispers

:devil: that's what i was told

Posted by R3N3G4D3

yeah so i just got FFTA cause it was cheap and i havent played any RPG's
since Mario RPG(which i loved, and still pick up from time to time)

but holy hell Final Fantasy i way deeper than i thought im havin trouble with the first mission. i feel so dumb

lol, I think FFT is much 'deeper', but also better. But if you're having trouble with FFTA, maybe don't bother with the first one. :/

What exactly are you having problems with?

Posted by R3N3G4D3

im havin problems with the "gather herbs mission" i was kinda just screwin around and both my guys died im still tryin to comprehend the whole move before you attack thing, and having to hit em from the side or back thing.
like i said im used to Mario RPG where you pick your attack and do it.

Posted by R3N3G4D3

ok i am retarted i didnt know that you could take more of your clan into battle
i won im im good now

Oh god.

Posted by R3N3G4D3

easy
im new to the FF series i know im WAAYYYYY late but ya gotta start somewhere right

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Yeah, I guess.

The Final Fantasy games are excellent, and I hope that everyone gets a chance to enjoy them, even if they have trouble figuring them out.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Demonizer: What about FF VI/III?? :D
It Rockz!

I believe that they actually made Final Fantasy 6 before they made Final Fantasy 7.

But yes, you're right. It does, in fact, rock.

Posted by Xenos

Fei-on, ZE EDIT BUTTON.

Eh, it's just me, but there are way more fish in the sea than just Final Fantasy, better looking and delicious.

Posted by R3N3G4D3

I got FFTA cause it was well under 20 bucks and iwanted an RPG with decent length (and i need somethin to put in the other slot on my DS)
~insert dirty refrence here~ and ive heard more good than bad about it

if you know a good RPG for advance or DS lemme know

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Final Fantasy I & II: DoS is for the GBA.

Xenos, there are other RPGs out there, but I haven't tried any that can match FF4, FF6, FF1, FF7 or FFT. As far as the others go, yes, they are beaten by a few games.

Have you played Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II, Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, or Shadow Hearts? Those are only a few that come to mind that I personally enjoy more than most Final Fantasy titles. Yes, I love FFVII, VIII and X, but Baldur's Gate beats them all. You should really try it (Dark Alliance DOES NOT count).

Posted by R3N3G4D3

ok im in it now ive figured it out (FFTA) for the most part and ive hit the the ground runnin 4 missions down god knows how many to go

Posted by fig roll

FFX is brilliant, much better than FFX-2, i compleated FFX a while ago, i love the fight mode in it and the in game movies. when FFX-2 came out i thought it would be the same, and possibly even better but i was dissopointed, the FFX game was the best and one of the best games i ever played, if you havent got it allready i suggest you get it, or mayby i'm just stupid and am interested in the wrong things.

Posted by Xenos

Out of curiousity, how many games and RPGs have you ever played?

Posted by Riku

im playing ff7 and i just got the counterattack materia from a boss. for some reason my cloud when equipped with the materia, never counters. why?

Posted by FaytLeingod99

So whats the news for FF 12? I know its not going to be online, its for PS2. I've heard that there won't be any loading screens. Oh i think that counterattack might work if you just level it up some.

http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=10760

Posted by ZiggyBoBiggy

I know it might sound odd but I think they neeed to re make Final fantasy 7 same exact story line, same almost everything but change just a few things like actually hearing the characters voice and the graphics of course and some other minor details if not that at least create a sequal game instead of a movie ...im not complaining about the movie though becuase advent children was KICK ***

Posted by Xenos

The thing is, I don't really see what there is to make a sequel on. Square enjoys to beat dead horses, Advent Children was one of the most pointless stories ever.

Posted by Klarth

They don't need to remake FF7 because it was ****ing terrible. Next?

Posted by Xenos

Eh, I wouldn't go as far as it was terrible, but really mediocre and ovrerrated [if anything.].

Posted by Arczu

I really didn't think bad of the game. Materia and how it affected your characters (equipping a lot of green materia really took down your HP max or strength). I come back to it every now and then, just enjoy battles where I don't even have do to anything anymore. Enemy attacks, then they auto matically counter them with multiple slashes or slash-all and then it's over. Heh heh. I poured a lot of hours into this game around the time it came out.

Posted by Wally The Weird

Final Fantasy 9 all the way!
I don't care how many people say it sucked, Quina was the man!

8 would have been good if Squall wasn't the black hole of personality.
And I never actually played 7, yet I have it. Huh, I'll go play that now.

Kain was awesome, therefore, 4 was awesome.
Those are just my opinions though :)

Posted by Zeta

^Rep for acknowledging Quina's awesomeness.

I'm playing FF2, and I'm ****ing hating it.

FF 2? which one was that? To be honest, I don't think I have actually beaten any Final Fantasy games other then 9 and Tacticts advance. My brother owns a lot of them and has beaten most if not all of the ones he owns, so I gain knowladge from watching him.
And reading the walkthrough, I like a good story.

WEIRD
Odd, my signature didn't show up, this is an edit.
THERE IT IS!

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Wally The Weird: FF 2? which one was that?

The second one, obviously. :P With Firion, Maria, and Guy.
[quote]WEIRD
Odd, my signature didn't show up, this is an edit.
THERE IT IS!

Sigs will only show up on your first post on a page. They also show up for you in your most recent post, until you leave the thread.

Oooooooh, THAT explains my disapearing/reapearing/disapearing signature, thnx!
They should make a super smash bros melee game for PS2, except it's all final fantasy characters!

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Wally The Weird: They should make a super smash bros melee game for PS2, except it's all final fantasy characters!

Why? :)

In that case Nintendo would have the right to use characters from 'FFI>FFVI'.
IMO.:rolleyes:

Is it so wrong to want to see quina eat cloud and get his limit break?

Posted by ExoXile

Wouldn't be able to perform it, anyway. :D

Maybe not, but I think it would be awesome to witness everyones favorite dark hero, the "He's so kewl because he is at war with himself is a total hottie!" (btw, I do think he is great, but I am a guy, so I refrain from using the word hottie) eaten by a living marshmellow thing with no specific gender.

Ok, TECHINCALLY this is a double post, but not really, considering the time difference between this and my previous post.
Now, i love final fantasy above most other series in exsistance, so I thought to myself.
Who would be happy if they did a cross over between Final Fantasy, and Chrono Trigger? Or perhaps made a Chrono Trigger Flic using the same graphics as Advent Children?
I know I would be!

Posted by Xenos

Hm ... have you ever heard of "Chrono Trigger: Ressurection" before?

To be honest, no, I cannot say I have.
But it sounds promising so far :)

Posted by Xenos

http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
You raised my hopes and crushed them into tiny bite sized pieces :(
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :) :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Oh well, not your fault obviously, which is why I had the smiley face!
*Sigh* so I guess Chrono Trigger is dead and done after all. Oh well.

I still think a FF Chono cross over would be kewl.

And no, I don't sleep like a regular person, I haven't been able to for sometime now :(

Posted by kirux

I just bought advent yesterday and watched it it owns all!!!! its sooo good!

I loved the amazing graphics, to the point where you could count the hairs an anyones head.
Also, did anyone else find it scarry how good English Sephiroths voice was? I mean, I know it's the same from Kingdom Hearts, and I watchied it in japanese, but when I went back and say it, only two words came to mind.
**** yeah

Posted by Xenos

There's a true Chrono Trigger sequel called "Radical Dreamers"--however, it is a text based game that is somewhat short. You can't find it in stores either, you'll need some software and the rom to play it.

Anyways, I personally disliked AC ... well, I loved the graphics, but I thought the music was somewhat mediocre and the storyline was bland.

Storyline, ok, maybe it could have been better. In fact, it could have been a lot better.
Music I disagree with you, I loved the one winged angel they played for Sephiroth.
However, all in all, you gotta love the battle scenes. Sure, they broke various laws of physics known to man, but honestly,
name me three anime's and one Final Fantasy that doesn't.

Posted by Xenos

It was nice, but that was the -only- good track out of the others. I felt as if the rest of the songs were just boring. :|

Posted by Zeta

[url=http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=6243]Final Fantasy III DS scans and stuff[/url]

I am absolutely appalled by the lack of FF3 discussion.

Sorry, but I never played 3.
I have played a few, but most of my knowlage and lore comes from my elder brother. (I'm better at interpreting things thoug)
I have played
7 (Very little)
8 (Very little)
9 (FUG YEAH!)
10 (Very little)
TTA (Again with the FUG YEAH!)

However, I know a good amout of junk about each of the ones listed above,
just not as much as others.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Wally The Weird: Sorry, but I never played 3.

That's perfectly understandable. FF3 was never released outside of Japan. You'd only be able to play it via rom & translation patch.

The fact that this is the first time FF3 will be in the states is what has me so stoked. Plus the fact that it's being remade in 3D and stuff.

Here, are there any dargoons and or Blue Mages in FF3?

Posted by Zeta

There are Dragoons, but no Blue Mages. They might add them for the remake, though.

Blue mages are my absoluet favorite class. Tied with Dragoons

Posted by Cruxis

First of all I've been saying FFVII:Advent CHildren was great all along(I bought it an hour after it's release), SO THANK *** some of you people actually liked it! THANKX!

Secondly, I hOpe to *** there IS a sequel to the CHRONO Series, because after CHRONO CROSS ENDED, with a literal Cliff-hanger ending THere absolutly HAS to be a sequel.....or at least all the rules of games creating say so~:p:

Posted by keyartist

So there is chrono:trigger, played it.Then Chrono cross, played it. Is there any more?

And I have also played most final fantasys. 11 and 12,?,I have not played.

Posted by robotboy

erm hi yall im new on here so im not sure wot to put up lol
erm i reckon the final fantasy series is by far the best out there
7 is obviously the best.... BUT 8 had that mint card game too lol
and whats number 3 like,,, my mate sed its the exact same as 6 but he b******ts alot lol
erm yeah im not sure if i get emailed about replys or owt so ill keep checkin up on here lol
love you all.... the great RPGers out there

Posted by NEMI

I only can say that FF7 through FFX-2 are the best, I like them all!!! :-D

Posted by Arczu

Seriously, with Final Fantasy... we need more bosses who push the battle system to its limits. If the final boss of the game is only a shell of what some of the secret ones are, then how about making the final boss be defeated in a special way?

The following bosses Are from Final Fantasy 2 onward (SNES and up)

FF2's was pretty difficult to beat. don't remember what level I hovered around but it was difficult.

Looking at FF6, Kefka's final form could be destroyed with one attack (considering that it takes quite a bit to make that possible). If you don't do that, this long fight was quite difficult.

FF7, Auto-Win... but the one before that could be harsh.

FF8... shoot I can't remember what it was like.

FF9's Was actually a bit of a challenge. Grand Cross would IMMENSILY screw your party up.

FFX's final boss was a piece of shart. I beat Yu with
Yuna's ROD. I also cannot comment on X-2 since's I haven't gone there yet.

I'd like to see a final boss who would force you to attack someone on your party or K.O everybody and cause a game over. Or use more than half of the spells avaliable in the game to open the chance to attack. Soooo many posiblities.

Posted by Ultima Enigma

Like I tell My mom (who like RPG's), My Freinds & the geeky nerds at Square-Enix.com, Final Fantasy 7,8 & 9, are the rawest and most puristest Rpgs ever made and had enough imact to single handedly create a generation of Hard-core RPG Players.

7,8,9 R the most Hardcore of them all.

Posted by Cloudstud

Alright heres the beginning of a great thing! Here is the review for Final Fantasy XII from our good friends over at IGN!

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/741/741991p1.html

Posted by qulix

which one is the thrid seymour the machine one or the the crazy glowing magic one if you tell me ill help.

Posted by qulix

orginals rock like ultima id play that for hours

Posted by qulix

eh i respect the classics but i love final fantasy 12 you have to admit that the game rocks i mean come on

Posted by Creedence

Hey, just letting you guys know that there is an awesome rock version of Sephiroths theme song (One Winged Angel) that you can download. I don't recall the link so just google it.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Ultima Enigma: Like I tell My mom (who like RPG's), My Freinds & the geeky nerds at Square-Enix.com, Final Fantasy 7,8 & 9, are the rawest and most puristest Rpgs ever made and had enough imact to single handedly create a generation of Hard-core RPG Players.

I'm not sure if you're serious. Honestly, I was gonna retort but then I realized that you are obviously joking.

Posted by Cloud 9

i'm not sure they are the most "hard-core" RPG's made, but, they did bring alot more attention to the genre. All they did was bring a adventure feel to the RPG which appealed to people that dont typically play them. So now everyone that beats a FF game thinks they are King of the RPG. When in all acuality the games are pretty simplistic. Which in turn, makes hardcore RPG players loathe the game....Kinda like the mass majority on this forum.

Posted by CrystalPain

Quoting Ultima Enigma: Like I tell My mom (who like RPG's), My Freinds & the geeky nerds at Square-Enix.com, Final Fantasy 7,8 & 9, are the rawest and most puristest Rpgs ever made and had enough imact to single handedly create a generation of Hard-core RPG Players.

I liked rpgs after i played FF7 & FF9 but i would go that far n say they are the rawest

Well ur probably just joking

Posted by Oceans Dream

I might try playing FF5 again soon. It was a great game, and I love its class system. It's nice to use free skills like Terrain, Animals, Conjure, and others that you can play around with when you don't feel like attacking all the time.

I haven't played the advance version yet though. I know what the new classes are and what abilities they have, they're kind of interesting. I'll have to see how much work they require to get.

If you haven't played FF5, I recommend it.

Posted by Xenos

Anyone going to play the new version of FFIII?

Posted by Ant

You mean the one that's on the DS now? Or are talking about IV which is going to come out?

III, no. IV, **** yeah.

Posted by Xenos

Er, IV, sorry.

Posted by *'H'*

oui syo pa ypma du ihtancdyht drec
means
you may be able to understand this

Posted by Shade

[quote]FF2's was pretty difficult to beat. don't remember what level I hovered around but it was difficult.

FF2? He only had about 15k health and went down in two rounds.

Posted by Zeta

If you were a fag and used the Blood Swords, maybe.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Zeta: If you were a fag and used the Blood Swords, maybe.

Ultima.

Posted by maian

and now itt we discuss how much superior FFVI is to every installment in the series

especially VII

k go

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting maian: and now itt we discuss how much superior FFVI is to every installment in the series

especially VII

k go

It's very different, so it's actually kinda tough to compare. I personally like 6 the best of the numbered series.