Tales of Symphonia

Posted by firesloth

anyone ever here of this game? it's one of thee best gamecube titles next to RE4

Posted by Dexter

Most definitely a great game. I'm not bold enough yet to say it is the best Game Cube game. I want to go through some other particular games and see how they are before I express my thoughts on the best Game Cube game. Tales of Symphonia had an amazing story that grew stronger as you progressed. The characters developed well and I was actually entertained and interested in seeing how everything was going to end. The battle system didn't bore me like most others do, either. Very nicely done.

I recommend Baten Kaitos if you enjoyed Tales of Symphonia.

Posted by Zeta

I haven't completed the Collector's Book yet, and I only need two more items! >_<

"What is this ominous light that threatens to engulf us!?"

Posted by Dexter

Yeah, I enjoyed how the characters articulated themselves.

I was sort of disappointed when they started my entire game over after I defeated it. I wanted to do some more exploring and I was never able to get into the hot springs. :(

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I've played ToS for a bit, but was somewhat disappointed. I suppose I expected more from it, as it was received well by most people, from what I understand. I guess I'll have to give it another go.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Angelwing: I've played ToS for a bit, but was somewhat disappointed. I suppose I expected more from it, as it was received well by most people, from what I understand. I guess I'll have to give it another go.

Strange. Wish you said what you were disappointed with.

ToS is or is one of my favorite GC titles. Only thing I find stupid about it is the ghetto-ish SNES explosions... But they give you a good laugh. (Im talking about the Desian base explosion near Palmacosta) Great game... 10X EXP mode = Awesome. I loved the music in it, and some of the fights were truly great (Abyssion).

Posted by Zeta

Posted by Klarth

AHHHHHHHHHHHH MY EYES

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Ugh, I spent a good portion of a week locked in my room playing this game... which surprised me since the story was pretty bad and far from original.

Posted by Klarth

Storyline wasn't very good, but it was written in such a way that you have to keep playing. I finished it in three or four days, and as of September I've now played through it 33 times.

Nowhere near as good as Tales of Phantasia, though. Really doesn't compare.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Yeah, I found it hard to keep on playing, actually. But I'm sure it's not as bad as I'm making it out to be. I'll have to find some time to play it every so often.

Posted by Linko_16

A friend of mine introduced this game to me, and I'm playing it with him and my brother. It's kind of tough to battle, since the camera only follows first player; why they made it that way on a game that's supposed to be multi-player, I don't know.

It's tough choosing between characters sometimes. So far, both Genis and Sheena are under my jurisdiction, and I want them both to learn new abilities! It's annoying to pick one at a time.

Posted by Dark Link

My sisters' and I are still playing it to this day. We're on Playthrough #9, only because we;ve been taking breaks from the game due to other games coming out :p:
I've been playing ToPhantasia and ToLegendia recently. I just finished my first playthrough of ToL and I'm on my 2nd one.
ToP...Gotta get the three items to create that Time Sword or whatever it is to defeat Dhaos in the future.

The 'Tales of' series is my favorite RPG series now, ever since I got introduced to Symphonia :D

Posted by Arczu

Quoting NightmareBassX: 10X EXP mode = Awesome.

10x Experience mode? Son of a B...

I'm going to restart this time, and stick with it. I stopped playing because I forgot where to go... heh heh.. what a foolish mistake.

I really did enjoy this game. I don't even know why I stopped playing all of a sudden just when I got stuck, but hells yeah, time for another go.

Posted by jlc_1988@hotmail.com

This game is a good game lol. My little brother got it for christams. I probably play it more than he does :P The best thing is the story line. If you're not much for story lines then it's not gonna be your type of game, but if you are. Prepare to be amazed.

Posted by supremelord Raiden

yeah that game is great.

Posted by Dark Link

Quoting Arczu]