Stay Alive

Posted by Raptor

Plot Summary for Stay Alive (imdb.com):
After the brutal death of a friend, a group of friends find themselves in possession of a video-game called 'Stay-Alive', a blood-curdling true story of a 17th century noblewoman known as 'The Blood Countess'. However, after playing the game when they know they shouldn't, the friends realize that once they die in the game - they die for real. As their numbers begin dropping and as they begin dying in the ways they died in the game, the remaining friends realize they must defeat the Blood Countess or accept their fates...

A thriller/horror film featuring a series of young people being killed as a result of engaging in a form of media just sounds incredibly original and fresh. It's as if their deaths are all part of some design, or something. Man, that's creative. I have a strong feeling this promising film is going to revolutionize and redefine horror. I'm going to pre-order my tickets for that one, you can trust me on that. I can hardly wait for all the Stay Alive rip-offs in the future that are about people dying from playing a local punk band's CD or listening to a haunted mp3 player.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

In my opinion, from the previews/commercials...I think this movie looks great. I'm planning on going to see it when it comes out this coming Friday with a couple of my friends.

Posted by Raptor

All I needed was a glance at the revolting whore in your avatar to understand why you think it'll be great.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Quoting Raptor: All I needed was a glance at the revolting whore in your avatar to understand why you think it'll be great.

:D

[/she is pretty **** hot though ;)]

Posted by Crazy K

I think it looks stupid. Im not a fan whatsoever for Frankie Munaz. I mean its an easy idea and well it looks stupid. I won't even bother with this movie, because Silent Hill is coming soon and im more into that at the moment.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

A horror movie... about video games? The first part alone guarantees it's going to be ****, but the addition of video games means it's going to be even worse. By golly, Hollywood is sure creative these days.

I guess the only saving grace of this movie is the fact that it's not a remake.

Posted by Raptor

And the sad thing is it's almost guaranteed to be a success because it's about a video game, has blood, gore, and plenty of brainless action sequences, and undoubtedly features pretty teen models that look far better than they act; such trite factors of a proven formula that never fail to draw in audiences like VirtualRealityZone.

As far as video games in movies... The Wizard was, realistically, a horrible film, but at least it had some originality. Then again, who knows! Perhaps I am judging too soon! But I doubt it.

Yeah, at least it's not another Superman. You can say that much.

Quoted post: And the sad thing is it's almost guaranteed to be a success because it's about a video game, has blood, gore, and plenty of brainless action sequences, and undoubtedly features pretty teen models that look far better than they act; such trite factors of a proven formula that never fail to draw in audiences like VirtualRealityZone.

True. Which is why such movies exist. Movie makers KNOW it will do well. Even when they do a half-assed job, they know it will sell. People just need to smarten up and realise they're watching ****.

Quoted post: As far as video games in movies... The Wizard was, realistically, a horrible film, but at least it had some originality. Then again, who knows! Perhaps I am judging too soon! But I doubt it.

Originality isn't even a factor. It was just horrible.

Quoted post: Yeah, at least it's not another Superman. You can say that much.

Too big of a Superman fan to agree. Plus, there's a high chance of Superman Returns being actually good.

Posted by Klarth

This is an outrage against anything bearing the name of Bathory.

Posted by Keael

This reminds me of an old movie called Arcade. I'm not sure if anyone here has seen or even heard of it, but it was amusing when I saw it years ago. It's roughly the same idea as Stay Alive, just not as good, I'm sure.

Here's a link if you want to check it out: http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1800196934

Posted by Shin-Ra

When I first saw this preview, I immediately thought of Slashers -- a terrible slasher flick about a fictional Japanese game show that puts the players against serial killers on live tv, which was hilarious but absolutely awful. The previews for Stay Alive look decent enough, but I doubt the film will be any good. It doesn't matter, I'm sure I'll end up watching it anyway.

Quoting Raptor: I can hardly wait for all the Stay Alive rip-offs in the future that are about people dying from playing a local punk band's CD or listening to a haunted mp3 player.

Haha, oh the wave of the future. I guess dying from watching enchanted vhs tapes, listening to recordings of the necronomicon, or getting your soul placed in the body of two elderly people because of ritual voodoo chantings on an old record aren't enough anymore.

Posted by Klarth

Hang on, this reminds me somewhat of The Last Starfighter. And Tron.

Errrr.

Posted by Burn

Quoting Klarth: This is an outrage against anything bearing the name of Bathory.

how so? that legend is a really cool story/piece of history!

oh, and im going to see this Friday. it's gonna kick ***.

Posted by Sk2k52

I'll wait till i see reviews of it before I judge it, but from the ads it looks interesting. Not saying whether in a good or bad way though.

Posted by Crazy K

I know ill watch it, because im big on rating movies on a scale of 1/10. so im sure ill end up renting this movie once it comes out.

[Quote=Keael]This reminds me of an old movie called Arcade. I'm not sure if anyone here has seen or even heard of it, but it was amusing when I saw it years ago. It's roughly the same idea as Stay Alive, just not as good, I'm sure.

here is what the rating for Arcade got on IMdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106302/

Posted by Demonblade

dont really have plans to see it, think im going to see inside man instead. But, wouldnt it be odd if they created a video game off of this movie...would be horrible i know, but it still would be very odd.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Ugh, this movie looks like crap. Will not be seeing.

Posted by Keael

Quoting Crazy K: I know ill watch it, because im big on rating movies on a scale of 1/10. so im sure ill end up renting this movie once it comes out.

here is what the rating for Arcade got on IMdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106302/

Understandable.

Quoted post: oh, and im going to see this Friday. it's gonna kick ***.

**** YEAH!!!!!

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Demonblade: dont really have plans to see it, think im going to see inside man instead. But, wouldnt it be odd if they created a video game off of this movie...would be horrible i know, but it still would be very odd.

They will. I guarantee it.

Doubt it. It would all ready be announced if it was, and I don't think they plan on this movie doing well enough to warrant a game.

Posted by Average n00b

Eh..It looks kinda overrated to me. I mean, it looks like a good plot and all, but from all the new horror movies I've seen, it looks like one to rent then see in theaters.

Posted by Burn

Quoting Vampiro: Doubt it. It would all ready be announced if it was, and I don't think they plan on this movie doing well enough to warrant a game.

dude did you see the trailer for Stay Alive that's like a video game? it's pretty cool and makes me WANT them to make a game for this movie. I think it was posted before, but here's the link again. Pretty cool.

http://www.horrorchannel.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=4378

Eh, not that great. Looks pretty lame infact. Nothing new or original, just little kids, old, "creepy" house, and "spooky" figures. Ooooo! But I like how the link mentioned "truly next-gen graphics" when they weren't even that great =/

Posted by Raptor

U dye in teh game~~~u dye 4 real!!!

What kind of creative genius did it take to dream up that concept? Dude, that's pretty cool. It's like R.L. Stine's Goosebumps books, only not quite that sophisticated. Pretty cool, man.

Posted by Moogs

I saw it yesterday, I hated this film, hated it. Boring and too predictable.

Posted by Burn

I saw it last weekend and liked it. Sophia Bush and Samaire Armstrong did great jobs acting, and I thought the beginning was uber-creepy. So was that Bathory chick.

Posted by Dexter

lol. We just started it. You can customize their shirts and weapons on this radical DVD. I'll edit this with more thoughts, if I actually have some, when it's over.

EDIT: Steamboy on the wall and Frankie. lol

EDIT #2: ***-MODE, GAMESHARK, ANYTHING!!!

EDIT #3: Bathory ownage

EDIT #4: He's having flashbacks of repressed memories of burning NES controllers. This is hilarious.

Posted by Ant

YOU DIE IN THE GAME! YOU DIE FOR REAL!!!!!!!!!

Quoted post: EDIT #3: Bathory ownage

Explain this one.

Posted by Dexter

The evil grim girl's last name was Bathory. Countess Elizabeth Bathory.

Frankie Muniz using profanity was amusing. By the way, how did he return? u dye in teh games u dye 4 reels! So what was he doing alive? Did he live because he fell into roses? I saw the shears, I saw him dead in the game. It freakin' said "game over," clearly. Also, how did this game ever get published? That's like Samara's videotape getting distributed! Furthermore, the film obviously was missing something of great significance, which is southern accents.

The memories if the burning NES controllers was a win for me. It'll probably be the one thing I remember most about this film by this time next year. I already forgot about this film when my friends brought it in today. They said "we got Stay Alive" and I was like "oh sweet, I remember that. The one directed by Sylvester Stallone where John Travolta becomes a dancer," and they looked at me like they usually do whenever I go off on something that they don't understand. I remember now that I was getting it confused with Staying Alive, which is probably what the sequel will be called, where Jigsaw joins Bathory and he captures people and puts them up against each other in Goldeneye for the Nintendo 64 and tells them in his sexy voice that "the winner survives for reals."