V is for Vendetta

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Go see it, now.

those who have, comments? I'll elaborate tomorrow, but since it's. . . like 9AM there, you Brits go effing watch it

Posted by Raptor

My first comment is that there is no "is" in the title.

Secondly, it is a superbly crafted film. I went in not knowing what to expect, and I was nothing but pleasantly surprised. It's not just another blockbuster mindless action free-for-all, but rather, a very thought-provoking film with intelligent dialogue and an imaginative plot. Don't pass up the opportunity to see this in the theatre, though- the well-placed and nicely timed action scenes make it worth seeing on a large screen.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Other than the few complaints I had for changing a couple things (Evey, NOT blowing up parliment in the begining, et cetera), I was very happy with the outcome. The cast was pretty much perfect, the themes were thought-provoking, real-life history was implemented very well, and the overall script was excellent. I was disappointed with some of the action, however. Mainly because I didn't expect it, nor want it. There was very litte, if any in the original comics, so I don't know. But the action WAS done well, I can't deny that. Up until the final fight, you wouldn't even know it was done by those brothers who made the Matrix.

Overall, it was just a great movie. I think it'll satsify anyone: those who've read the comics, those who like action, those who prefer love or drama, and those who just want to see an all around good storyline/script.

Posted by Crazy K

I might rent it once it comes out on DVD. Im not a big fan of the Matrix but since this really has nothing to do with the matrix I might rent it once it comes out, because it does look really good. :)

Posted by d2eux

looks interesting

Posted by d2eux

looks interesting

Posted by Lord of Spam

Are the comics under the same name, or is it different.

I'd rather read the comics first, and if this is as successful as it seems it'll be I should have the time ot get hte books first.

Quoted post: Are the comics under the same name, or is it different.

I'd rather read the comics first, and if this is as successful as it seems it'll be I should have the time ot get hte books first.

Same name. Apparently you don't even notice the changes unless you're really familiar with the books. Which I guess I am, since I picked up on a lot of them right from the begining.

Oh, and if you like the graphic novels (or just graphic novels in general), by God, you must check out Watchmen. It's done by the same guy who made V, Alan Moore. It's probably the greatest comic that's been published. And I believe most comic-fans will atest to that.

Posted by Klarth

Apparently Moore has completely dissasociated himself from the production of the movie because it doesn't cling to his original ideals (or something along those lines). Perfectionist.

Quoted post: Apparently Moore has completely dissasociated himself from the production of the movie because it doesn't cling to his original ideals (or something along those lines). Perfectionist.

He did the same with From Hell (and his other graphic novel that I can't remember), too. He just hates Hollywood because they keep screwing him over. Example: Whoever owned the rights to V (can't remember who it is) made a deal with him. They'd continue to hold rights as long as the novel remained in print. This was supposed to end many years ago. But what did they do? They kept reprinting it. Everytime it was near death, they'd revive it. Thus, screwing over Moore again and again. And then they make ****ty movies based on his books. So I don't blame him

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

When did it come out?

Posted by Lord of Spam

I've already read the Watchmen. If its on that level of awesomeness, then I might be forced to go see this over spring break.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting VirtualRealityZone: When did it come out?

Yesterday.

Posted by Kodachi

I was kind of afraid that it would either be awful or amazing. I'm glad it was the latter. I couldn't stop from being amazed at V's dialogue.

Posted by Lord of Spam

First person to post a spoiler gets my foot up their ***.>:0

Posted by basterd

great movie. for your own protection
spoiler
spoiler
bends over
spammy I'm waiting

Posted by Xenos

What the hell?

Either way, it seems like an interesting movie. I might watch it if time spares me.

Quoted post: I've already read the Watchmen. If its on that level of awesomeness, then I might be forced to go see this over spring break.

Well, it's close. Watchmen is... well, the epitome of comic greatness. So you can't really fairly compare it, in my opinion.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Saw this on opening day.

Great flick :)

Posted by basterd

I wish there was a film that didn't make me ask questions, for a minute I thought they filmed it in london (note I have not read the book yet) then I heard it was filmed in berlin, why the hell are you going to import a bunch of bloody englishmen. and if anyone watches the domino sence, he picks the last standing one if you look closer there are 2 dominoes standing.

Posted by Klarth

Lord of the Rings was filmed in New Zealand, not Middle-Earth. What's your bag?

Quoted post: for a minute I thought they filmed it in london (note I have not read the book yet) then I heard it was filmed in berlin, why the hell are you going to
import a bunch of bloody englishmen.

Certain cities are too expensive to film in. That's why they go to other locations and build sets, or use CG. It's a way of saving a ton of money.

Quoted post: I wish there was a film that didn't make me ask questions,

I can tell your not the kind to think. But there's hundreds of mindless movies out there for you to enjoy.

Posted by basterd

lol in the beginning the guy kept saying words that started with V,Any one could pick a letter and find every word that starts with v iv done it with a few letters.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting basterd: I wish there was a film that didn't make me ask questions

I have just the recommendation for you: The Fast and the Furious: Toyko Drift. A bunch of cars go fast and make high-powered fart noises as rap music blares. Nothing to question, really.

Quoting basterd: lol in the beginning the guy kept saying words that started with V,Any one could pick a letter and find every word that starts with v iv done it with a few letters.

Okay. I officially dub thee an idiot. His lines were poetry, and your attempts were probably just a nonsensical jumble of words.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Vampiro: He did the same with From Hell (and his other graphic novel that I can't remember), too.

Whoa, I enjoyed the hell out of that film. I was planning on seeing this movie tomorrow anyway, but now I'm actually looking forward to it. I need something to help me forget the clutter**** of bad taste that was Ultra Violet.

Posted by Raptor

You saw Ultraviolet? My condolences! I'm actually morbidly curious to hear about just how bad it was.

Posted by Shin-Ra

From another thread:

Quoting Shin-Ra: Ultra Violet - Fail. They tried to cram ENTIRELY too much into such a short movie. This wouldn't be that big of a deal in a typical action film, but there were times I was supposed to be moved, when they didn't spend time letting the audience become emotionally involved with the story. On top of that, there were only a few cool fight scenes, but most of it was utter garbage. The acting? Bad, just bad, but I think it was intentionally so to get that 'comic book' feel. Same thing goes for the little poses after every fight. Another thing, I really hope they intended to go for the idea of life becoming so dull and humanity becoming so desensitized to its surrounds that they have to make everything entirely too colorful. If not, then thanks for the seizure inducing visuals. On a good note, the plot was pretty cool and it makes me want to read the comic book and avoid this horrible film. I should get my $7.00 back so I can invest in this.

The best part of this film was the preview for Silent Hill. I haven't looked forward to a film in quite a while, and this will probably break that. It looks great.

Quoted post: lol in the beginning the guy kept saying words that started with V,Any one could pick a letter and find every word that starts with v iv done it with a few letters.

Ugh, stop talking.

Posted by basterd

Quoting Vampiro: Ugh, stop talking.

stop typing,raptor no

Quoted post: stop typing

oh lawd, iz dat sum clevar?

Posted by Raptor

Quoting basterd: stop typing,raptor no

oh snap

Quoted post: ol in the beginning the guy kept saying words that started with V,Any one could pick a letter and find every word that starts with v iv done it with a few letters.

by the way, this is what he was talking about:

This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-à-vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Posted by Klarth

Hugo Weaving... Speaking entirely in V's?

*** ****it, now I know I have to see this film. I'll download it tomorrow night and see if I can get my brother's old projector working.

...If not I could always, you know, go to the cinema...

Posted by basterd

lmao how much research did you do to find that?

Quoted post: lmao how much research did you do to find that?

rofl none! I just happened to come across it.

But yeah, you could never do anything like that AND make it coherent. Hell, you can barely do it while typing "normally".

Posted by basterd

,,!,,

Ooo, quite the witty retort.

Posted by basterd

HAHAH \n|n/

Posted by Pit

Basterd.

Stop it.

Posted by basterd

lmao
I tried doing the
|
|
|
|
in my sign but it didn't work out right

but thats all that poped out. i watched it again..great movie. the comic book sold out,so when another shipment comes in I'll copy pages of it.

Posted by KoH

It was "all right." The movie itself was good, horrible acting on Natalie Portman's part though, 'least what I thought. And, naturally, didn't agree with the overall message the movie had to offer. Bunch of bull**** if you ask me.

Quoted post: It was "all right." The movie itself was good, horrible acting on Natalie Portman's part though, 'least what I thought. And, naturally, didn't agree with the overall message the movie had to offer. Bunch of bull**** if you ask me.

Completely disagree with all of those points :cookie:

Posted by Azusa

I never quite finished the book, but I liked the movie despite all the changes they made. I didn't really like the romantic aspect, but the rest was all exactly what I would expect from an Alan Moore film. It could have been better, but I wasn't expecting anything too great. DC sucks *** in the film department.

Posted by basterd

Quoting KoH: It was "all right." The movie itself was good, horrible acting on Natalie Portman's part though, 'least what I thought. And, naturally, didn't agree with the overall message the movie had to offer. Bunch of bull**** if you ask me.

If Natalie Portman had bigger tits and got naked more it would of been better, If the board were all horn dogs,lmao j/k

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting basterd: If Natalie Portman had bigger tits and got naked more it would of been better, If the board were all horn dogs,lmao j/k

Get. The hell. Off this board.

Now.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Azusa]DC sucks *** in the film department.

I thought Batman Begins was a good movie.

Posted by Demonblade

just got back from it. I thought the movie was fairly decent, and i actually enjoyed it. There wasnt any ****ty acting, so i entirely have to disagree with KoH. Natalie portman is smoking IMO just the way she is, of course i wasnt too fond of the G.I. Jane look. V was cool, there werent too many cheesey *** action scenes that were entirely unbelievable.

Im really interested in reading the book if there is one...not a comic book mind you.

Quoted post: Im really interested in reading the book if there is one...not a comic book mind you.

Graphic Novel...

Posted by Demonblade

Quoting Vampiro: Graphic Novel...

my sincerest apologies...lol

No I mean, you wanted to know if there was a book, and technically there is. Since a graphic novel CAN be considered a book, rather than a comic.

Posted by Demonblade

Yeah, i know, but i was looking for more like a 'book' book you know. The last book that i read that had pictures was 20k leagues under the sea...and it was one of those "worlds greatest classic" editions that had illustrations on every other page. I dont know if thats what you meant or not, but from what i understand you are talking about your standard issue comic book, which im not really into.

A graphic novel is basically a really long comic book... and as far as I know, there's no actual "book". As that would be kind of dumb.

Posted by Demonblade

ah, thanks for clearing that up.

Posted by s0ul

Huh, unimpressive. It's like 1984: The Comic: The Movie.

Posted by Klarth

Kind of fun watching it in London. :)

Also explains where the band Shadow Gallery got their name. Also explains why their new album is called Room V.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Saw it over break as I said I would. It seemed that the love aspect felt kinda tacked on, as if half way through shooting someone said "Hey, you know what would be cool? If they fell in love lol!". Other than that, I loved it. I'll be getting the dvd and book most likely.

Quoting Crazy K: I thought Batman Begins was a good movie.

Keep in mind that the person you are adressing has whole selves devoted to marvel and Shonen Jump.:cookie:

[quote]I have just the recommendation for you: The Fast and the Furious: Toyko Drift. A bunch of cars go fast and make high-powered fart noises as rap music blares. Nothing to question, really.

I'm going to see it just to be an arse during the screening and point out all the problems with the cars.

God help me if I see a front wheel drive car drift.

Posted by basterd

the 2nd fast and furry was better, I wish I could get a pic of my car on her I tried racing someone with my other car and I blew the engine up and crashed into a tree and the air bags blew up. I don't like the love aspect of the movie, niether did I like the end of it but it was ok, do we see a second V coming? lmao I would love to see a female version of V.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting basterd: the 2nd fast and furry was better,

Lol for furry, but still wrong. The first one had a supercharged charger which wins so hard that it isnt even funny. Second one actaully managed to be lamer than the first.

[quote]I wish I could get a pic of my car on her

[url]www.photobucket.com[/url]
[url]www.imageshack.com[/url]
etc
You are retarded.

[quote]I tried racing someone with my other car and I blew the engine up and crashed into a tree and the air bags blew up.

Okay, apparently not only are you retarded, but you cant drive for crap. I drive a ****ing truck and even I manage to beat the crap out of street racers without getting hurt.

[quote]I don't like the love aspect of the movie, niether did I like the end of it but it was ok, do we see a second V coming? lmao I would love to see a female version of V.

STOP. TALKING. AND. LEAVE.

Posted by omegga

I thought this movie set the bar for comic movies. 10/10

although could someone please explain how V was able to survive the testing AND the explosion at the medical research centre (cant remeber the name)

Posted by basterd

do you remember the female doctor? she explained it, It's something within his body that he has a reaction to.

Quoted post: lmao I would love to see a female version of V.

Evey takes his role rofl!!

Posted by basterd

lmao probly,all I have to say is that she should get bigger tits and longer hair if she's going to do another movie,or unless V roles off the train when it xploded and then he has daggers for legs and arms(bad thought). I don't no I would like to see what they thought up for a 2nd one.

k, shut up now.

Posted by Lord of Spam

The closest I can come to having a problem with this movie is that if he can survive explosions and viruses, you'd think that bullets in that low of a scale wouldnt bother him.

There like, what, 6 guys, each of which fired a full clip (guess 15 bullets to be super generous), and then 12 rounds from the guy with the revolver? If you assume that even half of the bullets hit, and that only like 1/4hit him in his arms/legs (which seems unlikely, since he only seemed to be bleeding from his shoulder), thats only like 13 bullets hitting him. Considering that he survived explosions, I'd think that he would make it through that, but like I said, its a minor point. When I get the DVD, I'll probably go through that scene frame by frame to count the hits, but even if he only gets hit once its not a big enough point to ruin the movie. Generally, if its something that you would have to be an ubernerd like me to notice, I let it go.