Start Practicing, nubs

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Two days left. Dust off those demos and get ready.

And more videos: http://media.ds.ign.com/media/682/682835/vids_1.html

Posted by Zeta

It's sad that I probably won't get it until April 1st. :(
And then I'd have to figure out the Wi-Fi crap.

Quoted post: And then I'd have to figure out the Wi-Fi crap.

Buy the USB thing. It's out in stores now.

Posted by Zeta

It'd still take me a while to figure out the USB thing. I'm not smart with computers.

Quoted post: It'd still take me a while to figure out the USB thing. I'm not smart with computers.

Plug it in, go into your DS options, tap what it shows you to tap, and you're done. Seriously, it should be really simple.

Posted by Zeta

http://www.devertex.com/rr/mphunters.html

Posted by Stalolin

I seriously think that Hunters is going to suck. Especially multiplayer, considering I didn't like the multiplayer with the demo version, nor did I like it on MP2. Metroid and Multiplayer are a no.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Vampiro: Buy the USB thing. It's out in stores now.

Well if you have the a compatible router or ISP you don't need the USB connector.

But if worst comes to worst, do get it. I ended up having to order mine directly from Nintendo cuz at the time they weren't available in store and it cost me like...$53.

Posted by GameMiestro

I've already beaten half the game, and I can tell you that practicing on your demo won't help you at all on the real thing. The demo is just that different.

Quoted post: The demo is just that different.

No it isn't. The sensitivity may be a bit higher, you may feel like you have more control, and the layout is different, but it's still somewhat the same. It does help. Or it did for me anyways.

Posted by GameMiestro

I think the main difference is that the power beam has unlimited ammo now, making it a lot less important. It does help your aim, though, which is of course, extremely important.

Yeah, I'm SO glad they did away with Power Beam ammo. That would have royally ****ed multi. I just find it surprising how much of a difference the sensitivity makes. I lowered it to five (from seven), and it actually made the whole experience a lot easier.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I didn't even know this was out yet. I'd like to play, but I don't really have the money to spend on it right now. Looks like it would be somewhat fun with multiplayer, though.

Quoted post: Looks like it would be somewhat fun with multiplayer, though.

The whole package is better than any other DS game. There's just A LOT to do, and it's all really fun. The only thing that rivals it is MKDS, but there's no comparison when it comes to multi.

That's good news. I dislike buying a game JUST for multiplayer. Single player should at least attempt to entertain me, as well.

I do like multiplayer in MK, but racing games can only hold my interest for so long, I suppose. And you still haven't even added me, last time I checked. :mad:

Quoted post: And you still haven't even added me, last time I checked

bullfeathers, I added you. We just haven't raced, I don't think,

No, we haven't, but once I thought you added me, I would be able to see your stats.

Anyways, did you get Hunters for $40 or $50?

Quoted post: No, we haven't, but once I thought you added me, I would be able to see your stats.

Nah, gotta play against eachother first. I can give you a run-down though: Six wins, six losses. I never really liked multiplayer that much =/

Quoted post: Anyways, did you get Hunters for $40 or $50?

$40 at Zellers. Though I'd say it's worth the fifty.

Wait, you've played the demo before, right?

Ah. Yeah, the multi is fun for awhile, but I lose interest pretty fast.

Nope, haven't seen or played the demo!

Quoted post: Nope, haven't seen or played the demo!

I'd try finding a copy to test out first then. You might absolutely hate the controls. Though I don't think you will once you get used to them (as there CAN be a high learning curve)

Good idea. I'll have to drop by EB sometime. Maybe they have it on display. Are the controls really that difficult?

Quoted post: Are the controls really that difficult?

For me, no. Not at all. I found them a bit too sensitive at first, but I fixed that quickly. But really, they aren't that bad, it's just different than what most people are used to.

Ah, well that's good to know. Thanks for all the help. :)

Posted by Shade

I found the controls where you controlled Samus's aiming with the touch screen, her movements with the D-Pad, and shooting with the L button reallllllly easy to get adjusted to.

Me too, personally. But I think it depends on the person, though the majority of people I've talked to seem to love them and find them excellent.

Posted by GameMiestro

I wish they played the Team Rocket theme music from G/S/C whenever you meet another hunter in adventure mode.

Yeah, that was random.