Anyone Know When The Opera Browser Is Comin Out?

Posted by DryBones4Life

I know that it's already out in Japan but when is it coming out in America?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I don't think anything has been officially announced yet. YOu'll probably hear about it around E3.

Posted by Colonel

I know E3 is close but where is it being held?

Los Angeles. Same place.

Posted by Klarth

As with every year.

Posted by Shade

God, I want this thing so f*cking bad, but it'll probably be hella expensive.

Posted by Colonel

I think it would be a dream come true to go to E3, but i live in Canada, no chance getting there unless i fly, and my parents arnt gonna buy tickets just so i can go to the biggest vide ogame conv. in the world.

Posted by maian

Sorry for not being up to date, but what's this Opera thing? >_>

Quoted post: Sorry for not being up to date, but what's this Opera thing? >_>

Web browser for the DS.

Quoted post: God, I want this thing so f*cking bad, but it'll probably be hella expensive.

Probably not. $65, tops. The TV tuner is only $35, so I can't see the browser being too expensive.

Quoted post: I think it would be a dream come true to go to E3, but i live in Canada, no chance getting there unless i fly, and my parents arnt gonna buy tickets just so i can go to the biggest vide ogame conv. in the world.

You also have to be in the business to even get tickets. And then those tickets cost five hundred.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Quoting Vampiro:

You also have to be in the business to even get tickets. And then those tickets cost five hundred.

It's not open to the public anymore?

Quoted post: It's not open to the public anymore?

Hasn't been for awhile, as far as I know. Sure EB/Gamespot employees can get tickets, but that's getting more difficult. Plus, the raised price doesn't help, either.

Posted by Shade

[quote]Probably not. $65, tops. The TV tuner is only $35, so I can't see the browser being too expensive.

Really? I heard about something that could browse the web and have a 4GB for storage of video and music files, plus others. And that was supposed cost about $400. I don't really know anymore.

I really, really don't see Nintendo putting out a peripheral that costs double the system. MAYBE $100?

Posted by Shade

Yeah, that's what I thought, but crazier stuff HAS happened. And now I'm gonna say about $70, seems realistic.

Some info on the browser.
http://www.opera.com/pressreleases/en/2006/02/15/

They say that the TV tuner will be around $32.
http://www.gamebrink.com/?news=217

Posted by Colonel

Quoting Vampiro: Hasn't been for awhile, as far as I know. Sure EB/Gamespot employees can get tickets, but that's getting more difficult. Plus, the raised price doesn't help, either.

Dude that sucks, but i plan to be into a major Nintendo Industry when im older, but until then ill try my luck with Nintendo Powers sweepstakes.
Happy playing

Quoting .hack//: major Nintendo Industry

Heh, you do mean the overall "Video Game Industry", right?

Posted by Colonel

Well, i want to work with Nintendo, but if not i'd like to work with E.A games or something like that.

Quoting .hack//: Well, i want to work with Nintendo, but if not i'd like to work with E.A games or something like that.

Do you want to be a nintendo rep? Or do you want to be in the development field?

Posted by Colonel

Development field. I also want to Test Video games that could be really fun.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Vampiro: Hasn't been for awhile, as far as I know. Sure EB/Gamespot employees can get tickets, but that's getting more difficult. Plus, the raised price doesn't help, either.

Meh, they might as well hold it underground away from the public then.

And when I say underground, I don't literally mean underground.

Posted by Colonel

Quoting Roger Smith: Meh, they might as well hold it underground away from the public then.

And when I say underground, I don't literally mean underground.

Ya. pretty much.