Getting a ds

Posted by Monkey-paw

Do you think i should get a ds ?

I've got a psp at the mo and wifi and been playing on my mates ds on Animail crossing looks really cool

MoNkEy PaW

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Wait for the nintendo DS lite :D

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah, wait for the DSL. It won't be much longer, and it'll be worth it.

Posted by Colonel

Im debaiting myself if i should get a DS Lite. My brother wants one but im not so sure. I got a DS for Christmas and i like it because its red, but the lite also has very cool colours. mmmmmmm i dono

Posted by Aesthetic

I tend to not care for a difference like that. When it comes to a slimmer design that does the same thing but is more expensive vs. the larger, inexpensive one, I always choose the one that saves money. But if you're in a situation where you don't need to, go right ahead and wait.

You're not going to be saving much. Maybe around ten, fifteen dollars?

Posted by Aesthetic

Every little bit helps. :-\

Posted by MGamer

Well it doesn't really matter the DS Lite isn't incredibly different. I have the regular silver DS and its just fine. Its not like the current DS's are going to become obsolete or anything like that.

Posted by Random

My birthdays coming up in May so I look forward to picking up a DS lite myself. I'm not really too excited about the Touch Screen, more or less just playing games that don't require you to use the Touch Screen.

I'm looking forward to:
Mario Kart DS
Mario 64
Final Fantasy III
Lunar: Dragon Song
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Advanced Wars
Mario & Luigi Partners in Time

And of course playing some good ol' GBA Games and using the WIFI to play with friends.

Quoted post: Every little bit helps. :-\

Not when it's ten bucks and when you're clearly getting a better package. If you've already saved enough money for a DS, you might as well look underneath the couch cushions for the other ten.

Quoted post: Well it doesn't really matter the DS Lite isn't incredibly different.

Why would it be? It's just a redesign. Nintendo, and pretty much every company, does this. They're just keeping up with technology, and bridging the gap between DS1 and DS2.

Posted by Keael

Or you could buy the DS now, and when the DSL comes out, take the DS back and get a DSL. Say there was a dead pixel or something.

Quoted post: Or you could buy the DS now, and when the DSL comes out, take the DS back and get a DSL. Say there was a dead pixel or something.

You'll have to pay the difference. Or, they'll just give you a new old DS. So that's not such idea when you could just wait a month.

Posted by Pit

and DSL is announced to be $130.00 bucks in the states, so if you buy a DS now for $130, you're not getting a better deal at all.

Posted by Grom

Yeah go with the DS lite
i have a DS and i bought one before i found out there was gonna be a DSL, i think it look better.
I wish i waited.:(

Posted by GameMiestro

I'd like another DS so I can actually play some multiplayer that isn't over wi-fi. If I know there are people who would enjoy playing with the system if they didn't have to buy it... but virtually nobody living within 5 miles of me has even heard of the DS. :(