School Percussion Question

Posted by Xqars

I'm currently learning percussion for school band. I was wondering what equipment you need for high school band. And also, what kind of snare drum?

Posted by Richaod

Aren't you going to ask your teachers? :P

If you're learning orchestral percussion, I don't really think you'll need too much in the way of glockenspiels and stuff if that's what you're asking. I'm not much of an authority on these things though, so that's all the advice I can give...

Posted by Xqars

Quoting Richaod: Aren't you going to ask your teachers? :P

I asked my teacher and she didn't know! Of course I already asked a music teacher on the matter. Anyways, I got my question answered by another kid. So thanks anyways=)

Posted by MetalVox~55

what're you getting into? Snare, timpani, xylophone, or cymbals?

Posted by Altinure

Yeah, at my school, the percussionists never had to buy their own instruments since they all played like six different instruments. They'd just be able to check them out if they needed to take them home to practice.

Posted by Xqars

Quoting MetalVox~55: what're you getting into? Snare, timpani, xylophone, or cymbals?

Well, right now in middle school you have a snare home. That's the primary practice instrument. But we have parts on timpani, xylophone, and cymbals that someone plays in school practice.

And also, I have one more question. It's about high school snares and yes, I already asked my teacher and she doesn't know. What kind do you need to have with you, the small thin ones, medium, or the tall marching ones?