Forerunner

Posted by Klarth

Or, as you may have known is previously, Halo 3.

[quote=Xboxic]A user on the official Xbox.com forums got his sweaty hands on the latest Game Informer magazine and found lots and lots of interesting stuff in there on Halo 3, the game many consider to be inevitable and which is almost certainly going to be the Xbox 360 killer app. Indeed, almost certainly, because the article supposedly states the game is so different it

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

No ****ing way will they change the name. Though I do prefer it. Sounds a lot better, but still.

Posted by Klarth

Fewer people will buy it because only the diehard fanboys will know it's actually Halo!

Or, alternatively, perhaps the only people who give a **** about this are fanboys. Who knows.

Nah, if they DO change the name, people will still be able to recognize it. And chances are, MS will tie in the Halo name somehow, or make it so obvious you'd have to be a retard to be confused.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Forerunner is probably just the "code" name they have given halo 3 earlier in development. Most developers give there games code names.

Posted by Klarth

There's no need to give it a codename when everyone knows what it is. Otherwise there'd be no point. CODE name. Implies secrecy, y'know.

Posted by Moogs

Why not Halo:Forerunner...

Posted by cool gamer dad

Not too interested in single-player. I'm looking foward to the multiplayer. I think Bungie has learned from their mistakes with Halo 2.

Posted by s0ul

Yeah, they did well with the patches, I've gotta say. It was still no Halo 1, but it made it a hell of a lot better. I can't help but suspect this isn't true though, I've been told a lot of bull**** about Halo stuff in the past.

Posted by Klarth

Eh, turns out that the entire article was an April Fools' hoax.

A Halo MMOFPS would be fun, anyway.

I don't get these pre/post april fools jokes.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

har har har...

Posted by cool gamer dad

It's March 19, 2006 on my calender.

That's the joke. Who would expect it?