Kalmah

Posted by Hyper

Easily my favourite melodic death metal band. I'm not into melodeath much as it is, but these guys are amazing. Discuss!

standout songs:

- Heroes To Us
- Cloned Insanity
- Bitter Metallic Side
- The Black Waltz

Posted by Richaod

Yes, they're good. I don't really understand the whole "swamp" theme though.

Posted by Hyper

Neither do I, but who cares, it's good music.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Agreed. Quite the good band. People compare them to CoB, but I must say, I think I prefer Kalmah.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Vampiro: Agreed. Quite the good band. People compare them to CoB, but I must say, I think I prefer Kalmah.

Never heard any CoB but I'll agree with you soley based on the fact that CoB are apparently pop-death, which is very lame. I still want to give some of their stuff a try, as I also heard that their earlier works weren't bad.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: as I also heard that their earlier works weren't bad.

Most of their stuff is pretty good actually. I like it anyways. But I'd check out Follow the Reaper if I were you.

Posted by Hyper

Will do. Thanks.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Hyper: Never heard any CoB but I'll agree with you soley based on the fact that CoB are apparently pop-death, which is very lame. I still want to give some of their stuff a try, as I also heard that their earlier works weren't bad.

You like Norther, therefore you will like CoB. I can barely tell the difference between them.

Kalmah don't really seem to have that thrash/speed influence quite as much, so I wouldn't really say they're too comparable to CoB.

Posted by Hyper

I'm still undecided on Norther overall. I like what I've heard, but I've only heard a few songs off one album so far. I have their entire discography on my computer though, so I'll set aside some time to really dig into it soon.