OH MY GAD

Posted by Klarth

From the PS3 conference.

[quote]The users will be able to add new exciting functions, such as the Macromedia Flash Player, and will be expanding the current RSS channel function to support streaming and saving internet radio and videos, by updating the System Software of the PSP (the firmware) to the latest version.
Alright, nothing that great as most of that's available with homebrew right now, but it'll be pretty cool to have an official netradio client.

[quote]
New official accessories will also be released this autumn, such as the PSP camera "PSP-300" and the GPS receiver "PSP-290". The users will be able to experience the motion tracing function of the EyeToy, which was originally available on the PS2 by using the PSP camera. With the help of the GPS receiver, you will be able to make use of navigation software to guide your way all over the world.
NOW I AM EXCITED. A camera is something I've desired for PSP for a loooong time, and GPS? ****ING YES!

But that isn't all...

[quote]Sony will be starting a new e-Distribution system for the PSP. You may start to wonder what it is, huh? Well, simply saying - to buy and download games into your memory stick, and run them directly from it!! Bye-bye, loading times... But wait, that is not all the fun you can get from the new service. There will also be an OFFICIAL PlayStation Emulator by Sony itself! Sony will be distributing modified PlayStation/PlayStation 2 games through this system.
PS AND PS2 GAMES UP FOR DOWNLOAD? WHEHAY! Hopefully Squareenix will have a decent library for this system. WHOO! Also, hopefully someone'll crack the protection that the games will use...

And that's all.

...Thoughts?

Posted by basterd

HAHAHAH just what we need,a reason to make more faces at the screen lol. theres only 1 game I like for eye toy and I dont think it would be good for psp.

Posted by Klarth

...Video chat.

...Homebrew.

Posted by basterd

and????
i didn't get a chance to use homebrew and who wants to see ugly faces.

Posted by Klarth

Your loss.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Ack!! u changed da title. :(

Posted by Klarth

Yeah. :cool:

Posted by Jesse Smith

OH MY WACKO is much better. :(

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

I saw the backward compatibility and was suprised.

Awesome news though.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

How exactly would Eye Toy Play work? Blinking? Or just something lame, like putting your face on a character?

Posted by Klarth

Maybe you'd be able to rotate the camera forwards and wave it around objects in your vicinity...

Lol, the UMD's more likely to fly out than anything.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Flicking little baddies with your tongue.

Posted by Moogs

Let me go exercise tounge movement on my girlfriend...

Quoting Moogs: girlfriend...

LIES

Also, tongue.

Posted by Keael

This is amazing. I must get a PSP now. I'm glad I recently got a wireless adaptor that I can use when I get a PSP. There are so many reasons to get a PSP now it's not even funny. The megaman remakes are the biggest thing for me, and now this. I am especially excited about the GPS because I'm going to be moving far away around the time it comes out.

Posted by nich

It's good to see Sony is getting serious about the PSP, I've been noticing the games coming out for it have been pretty good too. I'd buy one, If I had any source of income...

Posted by Moogs

tongue... My mistake...

Posted by KoH

How would an eyetoy for a portable console play out? Would you set it on something and take a few steps back and try to squint out what was on the screen in order to play the game? Or would you use one hand to swat **** at the risk of dropping the PSP with the other hand?

Or... the tongue idea.

If it's anything to do with facial expresions it's not gonna turn out that great.

Posted by Keael

Either way I'm not going to play games with the EyeToy. All I'm getting it for is video chat.