sleeves

Posted by sentry

I was wondering if someone could tell me where I could find some dust sleeves or protective cases for my nes games.Thanks

Posted by -Shadow-

You could try Ebay or amazon, but if you want a quick fix to keep dust out sandwich bags work quite nicely.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting sentry: I was wondering if someone could tell me where I could find some dust sleeves or protective cases for my nes games.Thanks

What Mr. Smith said is true. You could also try your local used videogame store as well. Another good place to look is at garage sales.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Actually, you may want to hold on the idea of sandwich bags as a dust protectant. Some plastics contain certain acids that deteriorate, or eat away at that which they claim to protect.

Polyethylene: A polymerized ethylene resin, used especially for containers, kitchenware, and tubing, or in the form of films and sheets for packaging.

That is the main example of everyday plastic used in the household for good ole' sandwich wrapping. Allthough it used to contain an acidic property, only effecting certain other plastics and paper material, it is otherwise harmless nowadays.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

You should just destroy your NES cartridges because they're of the devil. No worries about dust if they're shattered.

Feion

Posted by Landon

All my loose NES carts are on shelves I bought at Ikea.
The boxed ones are on a regular old hinge shelf you can get at any hardware store.
I have 300+ carts that are all kept this way with n'er a problem.

"Dust" in and of itself isn't damaging to NES games. It isn't like it's corrosive in some way...
Heck, when I first got back into collecting hard core, I retrieved my old NES carts, blew off a cloud of dust that had been gathering for a decade or so, plugged them into the system and they fired right up.

Posted by Dexter

There was a time when I had over 50 sleeves, at least, but I threw them all away a little over a year ago. I don't miss them in the slightest. Never found them very useful. They were more bothersome, getting in my way. Every single NES game I have works pleasantly. My place doesn't catch much dust, surprisingly.