lol I celebrated!! :cool:

happy pi day to you
happy pi day to you
happy pi day to everybody
happy pi day to you

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Wtf is this?

Posted by Mystic Hero

Lmfao, last itme I celebrated Pi day was in middle school. My math teacher was all excited about it today too. Heh, we used to have Pi memorization competitions way back then to see who could memorize the msot numbers. Every year it was the same, Connie would always win for memorizing 1000 numbers of Pi. Whoever takes that much time to memorize 1000 didgits has no life I'm sorry.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Quoting Vampiro: Wtf is this?

It was 3/14. Supposedly celebrated at 1:59. Now make the mental leap.

EDIT: Got pi wrong. :(

Quoted post: It was 3/14. Supposedly celebrated at 1:59. Now make the mental leap.

... people celebrate this =/

Yes. There's pie.

All pie sucks.

Except for the pizza flavoured kind.

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Vampiro: ... people celebrate this =/

"Ugh...nerd jokes" ~My AP Gov teacher

Posted by sabre

Quoting Klarth: *stale

I celebrated it at 1:59 PM. Please tell me someone else did too. :'(

Representin'!

My maths teacher told me to. :(

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting Mystic Hero: Lmfao, last itme I celebrated Pi day was in middle school. My math teacher was all excited about it today too. Heh, we used to have Pi memorization competitions way back then to see who could memorize the msot numbers. Every year it was the same, Connie would always win for memorizing 1000 numbers of Pi. Whoever takes that much time to memorize 1000 didgits has no life I'm sorry.

i actually saw a show on the discovery channel a few weeks back where some kid from england sat there rattling off the numbers of pi for over 2 hours straight. did a few thousand of them before stopping. supposedly he's some kind of idiot savant (though its no longer PC to include the idiot part)

Posted by Demonblade

mmm...cherry pie. but seriously, this is one of the lamest holidays ive heard of yet.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I've never celebrated pi day and don't ever plan on doing so.

Posted by Richaod

...what will they think of next?

[quote=Mystic Hero]Every year it was the same, Connie would always win for memorizing 1000 numbers of Pi. Whoever takes that much time to memorize 1000 didgits has no life I'm sorry.
Agreed.

Posted by maian

..Why does this holiday even exist? :(

I'm gonna create "Chemical Reaction Day" and get rich.

Posted by Demonblade

Quoting maian: ..Why does this holiday even exist? :(

I'm gonna create "Chemical Reaction Day" and get rich.

I doubt that very much money is being made off pi day, and whoever though of it probably isnt rich. Sorry to crush you dreams pal...

Posted by Ant

HOLIDAY OVER LOCK THREAD!

Quoting NES Queen: i actually saw a show on the discovery channel a few weeks back where some kid from england sat there rattling off the numbers of pi for over 2 hours straight. did a few thousand of them before stopping. supposedly he's some kind of idiot savant (though its no longer PC to include the idiot part)

You saw that? Man, I'm famous.

Posted by sabre

For the record it's not a holiday, it's just a play on the fact that it was 3/14. Three days ago. Nobody made it, nobody celebrates it, it's just an observation by a college dork with too much time on his hands.

wait i mean lol what a stupid holiday who the hell makes up a pi day

Posted by Lord of Spam

October 23, at 6:02 you celebrate Mole Day in recognition of Avagadro's Number. I'm such a dork.

Also, 3.14159265358979 is as far as i eer got to memorizing. I'ts enough so that when you rattle it off, people go "whoa, ****, this guys a loser" but not so much that it takes effort to remember.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Lord of Spam: October 23, at 6:02 you celebrate Mole Day in recognition of Avagadro's Number. I'm such a dork.

Dam you now I have this retarded Avogadro song my Chem teacher plays for us stuck in my head! Oh crap.

Posted by Klarth

3.1415926535897932384626. :cool:

Posted by Lord of Spam

Congrats. You're a bigger loser than I am:cookie:

http://3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592.com/index1.html

Posted by Demonblade

that certainly puts 1 million into perspective...what a big number...

I only ever got to 3.141 =/

Posted by Klarth

Well, see you all on the 22nd of July!

Posted by Lord of Spam

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi_Approximation_Day]Or April 26, or November 10, or December 21.:/[/url]

Posted by sabre

December 21 even has the added dork bonus of being twenty-one twelve.