songs that really represent their genre perfectly.

Posted by Altinure

i thought this could be a cool thread. post songs that really represent whatever genre their in well.

cute without the e - taking back sunday (genre: screamo), this is the quintesential screamo song. i'm not really a fan of screamo at all, but i really like this song. you have a really high tempo song, with a really fast guitar and bass riff, and common punk beat, which is pretty common of screamo. there is also the angry lyrics about being jealous of a girlfriend who cheated on them, and of course, all of this is done screaming. what i really like is the kind of call and response between the two angry singers. it sounds pretty cool.

i'll do more later probably.

Posted by Richaod

Cherub Rock - The Smashing Pumpkins (Alternative Rock)
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana (Grunge)
Fight Fire With Fire - Metallica (Thrash/Speed Metal)

I'll get back to this.

Posted by Lazy Guitar

THE NUMBAR OF TEH BEEST - IORN MADDOX (POWAH METUL)

Posted by mis0

Sehnsucht - Rammstein (Industrial)
Kuss Mich - Rammstein (Industrial)
All Mixed Up - 311 (Alternitive)

Posted by rivercitytecmo

dream pop: "sunday morning" - velvet underground
new wave: "face of wood" - modern english

Posted by Raptor

:SITD: - "Snuff Machinery (9mm remix)"

I feel this song is a perfect representation of the industrial/EBM genre. :SITD: does no-holds-barred industrial on their own, but A. Diel and T. Schmidt take "Snuff Machinery" to the next level. The harsh, heavy beats and machine-like samples in this song makes me feel as if I am sitting in the middle of a factory, with gigantic pistons moving up and down furiously beside me, and large crushing mechanisms repeatedly pounding subjects on a moving assembly line just behind me. It's extremely exhilarating.

"Snuff machinery... a crime against humanity." Indeed.

Posted by MetalVox~55

I know as often as they get mentioned here, i'm going to go ahead and say Dream Theater for prog with their song "The Dance of Eternity."

For Neoclassical metal, Symphony X's "Smoke and Mirrors"

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Kamelot- Black Tower
represents everything that can go wrong with a power metal song

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

Prog metal: Dream Theater - A Change Of Seasons
Death metal: Cannibal Corpse - Hammer Smashed Face

Posted by auzzman5151

Quoting Richaod: Cherub Rock - The Smashing Pumpkins (Alternative Rock)
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana (Grunge)
Fight Fire With Fire - Metallica (Thrash/Speed Metal)

I'll get back to this.

Anything that Nirvana did (Grunge). But Alice in Chains still kicks Nirvana's @ss.

Learn to Fly-Foo Fighters (Alternative)

Is it just me or has anyone noticed that every Foo Fighters album has gone under a different genre of rock.

Foo Fighters (Post Grunge/Punk)
Color and Shape (Indie)
There is Nothing Left to Lose (Alternative Rock)
One By One (Hard Rock)

Posted by Skitzo Control

Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin (Heavy Metal); They're proclaimed as the "creators of heavy metal," so why not get one of their most metal songs and throw it up?

Welcome to the Jungle - Guns n' Roses (Rock); It has all the sounds that rock represents: beautiful, outrageous, screaming guitar riffs, screeching vocals of sex, drugs, and rock and roll, and backed it all up with drums and bass that basically kept it all together. Where are these bands, now?:'(