thinking about it....

Posted by basterd

I was thinking about getting a DS but it seems all the games Iv seen have been for kids and there all sucky games. the only ones Iv seen intrest in has been the mario kart bundle and the marvel game. and has the game, my kadoshi came out for the DS?

Posted by GameMiestro

If you don't want a game for kids, get Sprung. It isn't for kids, adults, or anyone else...

Posted by nich

If you're looking for realistic graphics, guns and blood you won't find it on the DS. 'cept Resident Evil, but thats far from realistic. The DS games are fun, and new and are for everyone, not just kids.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote]realistic graphics, guns and blood

Metroid Prime Hunters.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting basterd: I was thinking about getting a DS but it seems all the games Iv seen have been for kids and there all sucky games.

... You must be kidding me. What PSP fan have you been talking to?

Castlevania: Sorrow
Mario Kart DS
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
Resident Evil DS
Phoenix Wright
Kirby's Canvas Curse
Meteos

I can name more if eight really great games isn't enough to keep you occupied for a while.

Posted by Klarth

Unfortunately he'd probably consider Mario Kart, Kirby, Phoenix Wright, Mario & Luigi and Advance Wars all "kiddy games". :/

Electroplankton kicks ***.

Posted by Pit

It's a Nintendo handheld. That's like saying every GBA game automatically sucks because the artwork and visuals are cartoony and seem to appeal to kids.

Mario 64 DS, Wario Ware DS, Kirby Canvas Curse, Castlevania, Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, Meteos, and Mario Kart should be reason alone to get it.

Sure RE may be targeted towards adults, but come on, the game has been done how many times now? Even with all the new features, it feels old and old and due to the limits of the DS, it just isn't as scary as the Gamecube makeover, so it isn't really worth it.

Also, consider the great titles coming out. New Mana game, FFIII, New Super Mario Bros., Metroid Prime DS online with voice chat, and Tetris DS.

Posted by basterd

LMAO when I had my GBA sp the first game I bought was advanced wars but now there coming out with new a.w and to me there just like the pokemon games for the gba diffrent chartecters and pokemon it still has the same story line. I had a PSP but I had to sell it back cause I had to pay of some stuff(And I loved it I had it all decked out). I liked mario kart,when the first kirby came out for advanced I played it and I got stuck at the last lvl and soled it. I'll have to look into castlevania I wasn't a big fan for the NES ones but as of metroid not a big fan of them. M and L partners in time.is like supersaga just with baby M and L? and is Electroplankton the game where you role a big ball and collect a bunch of stuff while rolling around? i v sen its been gettign good ratings.

Posted by nich

You sound completely uninterested, I suggest you save your money and buy another PSP.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time was good. I can't say it's better than Superstar Saga, because I never played it. It's definitely fun though. New Super Mario Bros. is due out soon too, so that's something else to look forward too other than Metroid Prime Hunters.

Quoting GameMiestro: Metroid Prime Hunters.

Except it lacks realism and blood.

Posted by basterd

mario and sonic where my fav's growing up I played the odyssey but I didnt really get into games until NES. the games that came out for GBA I liked but I'v played them all and I had the complete collection starting with mario advanced1 all the way to 4 and then mario kart advanced and yoshi island. and with the wi fi do you need a lan just like the psp or can you get online out in the middle of the woods?

Posted by GameMiestro

If you have a wi-fi connection in the middle of the woods, then yes.

And I don't think you need a LAN for the PSP...

[quote]Except it lacks realism and blood.
Realistic graphics? Look at the opening cinematic. Thats pretty good for a handheld. Okay, there isn't technically "blood", but there is gore, so it should suffice.

Posted by Klarth

Realism = Lack of spaceships, monsters and people with guns the size of Kuwait attached to their arms.

Posted by basterd

with the psp you need to be near a router.hows the internet for the ds? lmao did you get my foward klarth?

Posted by Klarth

You still have to be near a router for DS online.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting basterd: LMAO when I had my GBA sp the first game I bought was advanced wars but now there coming out with new a.w and to me there just like the pokemon games for the gba diffrent chartecters and pokemon it still has the same story line. I had a PSP but I had to sell it back cause I had to pay of some stuff(And I loved it I had it all decked out). I liked mario kart,when the first kirby came out for advanced I played it and I got stuck at the last lvl and soled it. I'll have to look into castlevania I wasn't a big fan for the NES ones but as of metroid not a big fan of them. M and L partners in time.is like supersaga just with baby M and L? and is Electroplankton the game where you role a big ball and collect a bunch of stuff while rolling around? i v sen its been gettign good ratings.

Katamari Damacy is a game where you roll things with a ball...

Electroplankton is a musical sort of game, where you compose your own music touching creatures. I don't know much about the game, but I do plan on getting it in the near future.

Posted by basterd

LMAO touching animals. is animal crossings like harvest moon? and has katamari come out for the DS?

Posted by Zeta

[quote=basterd]all the games Iv seen have been for kids and there all sucky games.

Congratulations. You sir, have made it onto my enemies list.

Posted by basterd

lmao I'll beat your arse in rpg inferno to make it upto you and take it like a man.

Posted by Speedfreak

O-kayyyy I'll take that as an excuse to lock this thread. You got all the information you needed and to be honest your posts make my eyes bleed. :)