Silent Hill

Posted by gundelhell_wielder

[COLOR="Black"]If there is another thread like this,well delete this one.
Anways OMFG[/COLOR]
[URL="http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/694/694761p1.html"]http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/694/694761p1.html[/URL]

[IMG]http://ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/image/article/694/694761/christophe-gans-20060310021545536-000.jpg[/IMG]
[COLOR="Black"]Discuss.[/COLOR]

Posted by Klarth

Not familiar with the games, but the character design of whatever the **** that thing is means I have to see it. I've immediately fallen in love with it (no matter how ****ed up that might sound).

Sweet.

[url]www.welcometosilenthill.com[/url]
[COLOR="black"]Again,OMFG.
Then click "enter the site".
Klarth: Click downloads,then click PSP then download trailer,then save it on PSP![/COLOR]

Posted by Klarth

:O Radical. Once I delete the games on my memory stick, I'm so doing that.

Posted by Crazy K

I made the first thread on it actually and you can see it here but its a pretty old post http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=6849&highlight=Silent+Hill

and here is the thread made by someone else that is somewhat newer and has links to the trailer: http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=9231&highlight=Silent+Hill

But also that movie poster is of the Pyramid head who was in Silent Hill 2.

Posted by boomstick

Man, this is looking better and better, hopefully it won't suck, plus I love Pyramid Head, he looks just like he did in SH2, one of the more interesting and well designed creatures in the SH series and that's saying something.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Couple articles: http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/694/694761p1.html

Looks like the director actually gives a **** about the game. And that is awesome.

Posted by Crazy K

Im so ready to see this movie. I have never wanted to see a movie so bad.

Pyramid head is going to make it a lot more better in my opinion. I cannot wait any longer, 39 more days till its comes to theaters. ;)

If PH doesn't rape some nurses in this, I will be sad :(

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

I actually shit my pants when I heard this was coming out. I can't wait until it comes out.

Posted by Crazy K

I always wanted the game to turn into a movie, and well that happened. I just pray that they don't ruin it. But I have faith.

[QUOTE]The eerie and deserted town of SILENT HILL draws
a young mother desperate to find a cure for her only
child

Posted by Keael

This movie looks awesome. I haven't played the games but that's probably for the better since the movie could end in the same way.

Posted by Crazy K

It's going to be great. This is by far the first movie that I have ever waited for so badly. I saw the commercial for it this past saturday during WWE Saturday Main event, and I just can't wate for it.

Quoted post: It's going to be great. This is by far the first movie that I have ever waited for so badly. I saw the commercial for it this past saturday during WWE Saturday Main event, and I just can't wate for it.

[COLOR="Black"]You saw it...
Need to watch TV 24/7 till I see the comercial.[/COLOR]

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=gundelhell_wielder]You saw it...
Need to watch TV 24/7 till I see the comercial.

Yeah I saw it during WWE Saturday Night Main Event. They put it as: wwe is brought to you by, "Silent Hill" and then they played the theatrical trailer.

That's what the internet is for :cookie:

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Vampiro]That's what the internet is for

I agree. But it seems more awesome once it comes on tv. I did of course see the Trailer on someones computer wile I was babysitting, cause my computer sucks badly.

I'll agree. I say it in the theaters, and it was a lot more interesting then watching it on the computer.

Posted by Moogs

I saw the preview last night. This movie looks awesome. I am going to see it for sure.

Posted by Dog

yikes!

Posted by s0ul

I saw it today, I was pretty **** pleased. Some of the best violence I've ever seen and I was constantly impressed with its relative uniqueness. With a few exceptions, the scares were genuine, not "boo!" shockers. I thought it was unexpectedly badass, but I don't watch a lot of horror movies, so maybe I'm just easily impressed. It had a lot of subtle things that were very very cool, and they did a good job of having her helplessness make the movie scarier. And the end rocked!

I guess I was pretty happy, I'd recommend it strongly.

Posted by Altinure

I saw it today. I had no clue it was about a videogame becuase I don't know anything about videogames. Anyway, it was pretty much the scariest movie I've ever seen. I really don't like gore, and I didn't think it'd really be that gory. I think the ending was unecessarily gory. The whole barbed whire thing and the close up of the person being burning alive was unecessary, in my opinion. It was still good though. ***, I was so terrified.

Posted by Ant

Yeah, just got back from seeing it. Many badass scenes and lots of gore and fun! And Pyramid Head, *** **** that guy is awesome. Anywho, I'd highly recomened it :D

Posted by KoH

I agree with Ant. I think it's the best video game movie out.

I thought Pyramid Head was the best part. 8-) Ant, give me some skin.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I haven't seen it yet, does it follow the video game pretty closely? If so, is it 1 and 2, or just 1?

I saw Pyramid Head on the previews, so I'm assuming it's partly 2, and the general plot looks like it's 1; but I don't know if they took liberties with the story or not.

Posted by Altinure

From my understanding, the movie really only follows the videogames the first half of the movie. The second half is a lot different (and apparently for the worse).

Posted by KoH

Altinure's right. The first half is dead on with the game, or close as hell. Second part was more generic horror action than anything else. It's based on 1, although it does have parts of 2 integrated with the story line (ie, Pyramid Head).

I'll tell you this though, the ending leaves plenty of room for a sequel, which, if done correctly, would be based mostly on Silent Hill 2 (the game).

What pisses me off about the movie are the reviews. Rotten Tomatoes gave this movie a 28%. I utterly disagree. I'd give this movie around a 7, at least. Then again, playing the game first before watching the movie would help you immensely in understanding what the hell is going on.

Quoted post: It's based on 1, although it does have parts of 2 integrated with the story line (ie, Pyramid Head).

And three. It takes **** loads of lore from three.

Anyways, I thought the movie was great. Not amazing, but probably the best video-game-based-movie. Actually, it is the best. However you want to interpret that is up to you.

I think the main reason I liked the movie was because Gans really didn't want any cheap-scares. And he did a good job. The scenery was really creepy and has, well, a lot more character than the actual characters. It's what makes the movie really, really good.

The monsters were neat and interesting, thought the new additions were a tad disappointing. Definitely not up to the likes of the original monsters, but a good attempt. Speaking of which, I really enjoyed the fact that they went with suits and puppets rather than a lot of CG. There was much more than I expected, but I'm just really happy to see the monsters were actually on screen, and not edited in later. The nurse scene would have been terrible otherwise.

But even more enjoyable is all the criticisms. They're ridiculous. Sure I agree with some points, but come on. Things like "too complicated", "too much talking", "dumbed down", "ripped the game off", et cetera are ****ing hilarious. It just goes to show you you can't please everyone. There's either too much similarity, not enough; too much explanation, or not enough; too lengthy, but too confusing, and on and on and on.

Really, I think Gans did what was best: Create a fanfic. Something he wanted to see, and something that would please him.

Oh, and PH was ****ing amazing. He could have done with one or two more scenes, but it was near perfect. I was really happy with him. Though it lacked the rape. Oh, and the whole "imagination" thing. But I guess that's understandable since they replaced the lead with a female. So the punisher/sexual frustration thing wouldn't have made any sense.

Oh yeah, and the gore was great. Sure PH never did what he did in the movie, but so what? That was amazing (won't spoil it). And though it was much more "in your face" than in the games, I still think they handled it well.

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Vampiro: If PH doesn't rape some nurses in this, I will be sad :(

I know you aren't sad, anyway.

I never played the games, really, but I did hear a bit about them. I liked the movie, but I didn't like how they decided to explain things. It seemed like they decided that it was too complex at one point, which was where the whole scene with "congrats, now i'm going to just sit here, talk, and explain everything"
Other than that, it was amazing. The creatures were all well done, PH especially.

Quoted post: zomg spoiler

The general auidence just wasn't read for such scenes yet, it seems. Oh well, Silent Hill 2 perhaps?

Posted by s0ul

Anyone who didn't see the movie with my friend Loafgoat is missing out severely. When PH did... you know... the thing, I said "someone didn't buy enough Merch Merch" and he was practically in tears. When Anna threw the rocks, he was almost in tears. When she bent down and picked up more rocks, he was almost in tears. When the undead dance squad appeared, he started humming Thriller, and everyone was almost in tears. Man that movie rocked.

Posted by Crazy K

I loved the film. I aswell believe its the best movie based off of a video game. Pyramid Head was awesome, and I loved the Chained up guy. I am hearing a lot of hate from critics saying you can't understand the movie unless you play the games. It was not hard to figure it out, but I did play Silent Hill 2.

But yeah a Silent Hill 2 movie sounds good, and hopefully they go with the game's story and charecters. I want to see Jame Sauderland trying to find the secrets of his wifes death. I would go see that.

Anyways I think Silent Hill was a great movie.

[Quote=KoH]]What ****es me off about the movie are the reviews. Rotten Tomatoes gave this movie a 28%. I utterly disagree. I'd give this movie around a 7, at least. Then again, playing the game first before watching the movie would help you immensely in understanding what the hell is going on.

Yeah I was looking for reviews on the movie after I saw it, and I found Roger Eberts site, and he rated it a 1.5/5. Besides all that I never believed Ebert was a real movie critic. He supposedly said that "the movie made no sense and it tried to explain to much, which made my brain go haywire" or something on the lines of that.

Posted by Klarth

I've not played any of the games, and I'm gonna see this as soon as it's on at the local Odeon.

I'll keep you guys posted on how I find it.

Posted by The Judge

I just saw it yesterday, and what the critics are saying about "you can't understand it unless you've played the games" is bull****. I haven't played any aside from a bit of four (which apparently doesn't count for anything, so I've been told), and I understood the movie perfectly. In fact, I think the deviation at the latter half of the movie from the original story line pleased both the die-hard fans and made it easy to understand for those who wouldn't have known what was going on.

The interesting thing about that movie is there's almost no stingers. There's no parts where you cover your ears just to avoid that sudden jolt in the music when something comes out of nowhere really fast. Rather, the fear is almost completely based off the movie being generally disturbing, the fear effect of what you're actually seeing, and leaving you to dwell on it, rather than just being in your face and scary for just a moment. A psycho murderer that leaps out from a closet is scary for a second. Some twitch-fit armless zombie with a throbbing pus-filled hole in its chest is scary right until it dies, and creepy even after the fact.

I didn't know much about Pyramid Head. I heard he was a rapist and all that, and I also heard his storyline had no real embelishment (that being he's just there and doing his thing), so I didn't know what to expect. Big sword? Awesome. Let's wait for him to do something creepy. What do I get? (Spoilers) [spoiler]The dude turns into people-faced beetles, cleaves through a ****ing door just to get through, is psycho strong, and rips the skin off a girl in one massive ****ing twist and lobs the remains into the door of the church.[/spoiler] I thought he could've been in a few more scenes, but the ones he was in were certainly impressive.

The faceless nurses, having never played the games, I thought were from Silent Hill 3. Correct me if I'm wrong. While they themselves are more creepy than scary, I think the movie did a great job in setting up the sheer horror factor of what Rose had to actually do to get by.

As for the gore, I expected it (I looked at why it's rated R a-durrrrrr), but when I saw the rating was for "violence and gore," I was hoping it wouldn't turn out to be some crappy slasher. Not only was the "violence and gore" completely awesome (I didn't mind it whatsoever), that's one of the first times I've seen a movie so appropriately use violence in ways that are not only apt to the current situation, but also story-driven and work well with how the world is going. It's senseless violence with a purpose.

(Spoilers)[spoiler]I really liked the interpretation of the Grim Reaper/Satan (I'm not sure which it is). For any of you that checked my myspace, you know I enjoy weird interpretations of old stereotyped images (see: My halloween pictures), such as Lucifer in Constantine and Death in this movie. The entire "Child is Evil and Wants Revenge" story seems to be a popular franchise with movies nowadays, but this movie did it very well. I found the story easy to understand and enjoyable to figure out the pieces that were missing. It genuinely makes me want to actually play the games. What I did find odd about the movie though is the fact that I didn't find it as scary as I thought I would, but moreso just cool. I don't know why.[/spoiler]

I'd definitely give it an 8 out of 10, probably a 9. I recommend it highly to those who aren't squeemish.

Posted by The Judge

I just saw it yesterday, and what the critics are saying about "you can't understand it unless you've played the games" is bull****. I haven't played any aside from a bit of four (which apparently doesn't count for anything, so I've been told), and I understood the movie perfectly. In fact, I think the deviation at the latter half of the movie from the original story line pleased both the die-hard fans and made it easy to understand for those who wouldn't have known what was going on.

The interesting thing about that movie is there's almost no stingers. There's no parts where you cover your ears just to avoid that sudden jolt in the music when something comes out of nowhere really fast. Rather, the fear is almost completely based off the movie being generally disturbing, the fear effect of what you're actually seeing, and leaving you to dwell on it, rather than just being in your face and scary for just a moment. A psycho murderer that leaps out from a closet is scary for a second. Some twitch-fit armless zombie with a throbbing pus-filled hole in its chest is scary right until it dies, and creepy even after the fact.

I didn't know much about Pyramid Head. I heard he was a rapist and all that, and I also heard his storyline had no real embelishment (that being he's just there and doing his thing), so I didn't know what to expect. Big sword? Awesome. Let's wait for him to do something creepy. What do I get? (Spoilers) [spoiler]The dude turns into people-faced beetles, cleaves through a ****ing door just to get through, is psycho strong, and rips the skin off a girl in one massive ****ing twist and lobs the remains into the door of the church.[/spoiler] I thought he could've been in a few more scenes, but the ones he was in were certainly impressive.

The faceless nurses, having never played the games, I thought were from Silent Hill 3. Correct me if I'm wrong. While they themselves are more creepy than scary, I think the movie did a great job in setting up the sheer horror factor of what Rose had to actually do to get by.

As for the gore, I expected it (I looked at why it's rated R a-durrrrrr), but when I saw the rating was for "violence and gore," I was hoping it wouldn't turn out to be some crappy slasher. Not only was the "violence and gore" completely awesome (I didn't mind it whatsoever), that's one of the first times I've seen a movie so appropriately use violence in ways that are not only apt to the current situation, but also story-driven and work well with how the world is going. It's senseless violence with a purpose.

(Spoilers)[spoiler]I really liked the interpretation of the Grim Reaper/Satan (I'm not sure which it is). For any of you that checked my myspace, you know I enjoy weird interpretations of old stereotyped images (see: My halloween pictures), such as Lucifer in Constantine and Death in this movie. The entire "Child is Evil and Wants Revenge" story seems to be a popular franchise with movies nowadays, but this movie did it very well. I found the story easy to understand and enjoyable to figure out the pieces that were missing. It genuinely makes me want to actually play the games. What I did find odd about the movie though is the fact that I didn't find it as scary as I thought I would, but moreso just cool. I don't know why.[/spoiler]

I'd definitely give it an 8 out of 10, probably a 9. I recommend it highly to those who aren't squeemish.

Posted by Axis

Hmm, I didn't think it would be that good but now that I've read these posts I should probably go check it out.

Posted by Colonel

I actually saw this movie on Friday night, and i must say it was pretty good. Although i've never played the video game, it still kind of felt like i've seen something like this before *cough* Resident Evil *cough*. It was a great movie though it scared the crap out of me lol. My two favourite parts were when the pyramid head came, and when she tripped on the garbage cans.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=The Judge]I didn't know much about Pyramid Head. I heard he was a rapist and all that, and I also heard his storyline had no real embelishment (that being he's just there and doing his thing), so I didn't know what to expect.

[SIZE="4"]If you have not played Silent Hill 2, dont read along, unless you feel the need to[/SIZE]

In Silent Hill 2 Pyramid Head was actually the main charecter of the game. In the game I heard your chased around by Pyramid head until a movie starts up. It supposidly shows Pyramid Head staring at Jame Saunderland and James sees himself in the face of Pyramid Head which shows that its actually him. Or something like that.

Now I feel the need to buy Silent Hill and play Silent Hill 2, and try to beat it this time around.

Posted by KoH

[quote=.hack//]I actually saw this movie on Friday night, and i must say it was pretty good. Although i've never played the video game, it still kind of felt like i've seen something like this before *cough* Resident Evil *cough*. It was a great movie though it scared the crap out of me lol. My two favourite parts were when the pyramid head came, and when she tripped on the garbage cans.

The movie and the game are nothing like Resident Evil, aside from both being scary movies. They deal with two entirely different subjects, motives, and also have two entirely different ways of going about scaring you.

As for your two favorite parts of the movie... Okay, Pyramid Head is awesome, we all agree, although the full effect of his appearance is nulled on those of you who have not played the games. But your second favorite part is curious. Apparently, according to you that is, you were so wonderfully entertained by a woman who runs into garbage cans while she's running away from demonic hell spawn? You must be easily pleased in order for you to think of that as one of your favorite parts.

[quote=Crazy K][SIZE=4]If you have not played Silent Hill 2, dont read along, unless you feel the need to[/SIZE]

In Silent Hill 2 Pyramid Head was actually the main charecter of the game. In the game I heard your chased around by Pyramid head until a movie starts up. It supposidly shows Pyramid Head staring at Jame Saunderland and James sees himself in the face of Pyramid Head which shows that its actually him. Or something like that.

Now I feel the need to buy Silent Hill and play Silent Hill 2, and try to beat it this time around.
lol... Sooorta... although not really.

Tip: Spoilers. Sort of.

Pyramid Head was a big character in SH2, but he was by no means the main character. He was simply the doppelganger of James, his darker twin, if you will. It's been a while since I've played the game... but I can't remember at all when there was a movie playing showing what you describe. There is a video that plays that is simply a memory of James and his wife before she died, explaining how and why she died.

Posted by Random

I live in a decent sized town but not in a City and they didn't put it in either of our Theaters I was so P*ssed. But I was going to drive 25 Miles to go see it but my Girlfriend was like "No I want to see Scary Movie 4," Which I already saw and thought was extremley boring. But I went to see Scary Movie 4. *Sigh* Hopefully by next friday i'll see it.

Quoted post: In Silent Hill 2 Pyramid Head was actually the main charecter of the game. In the game I heard your chased around by Pyramid head until a movie starts up. It supposidly shows Pyramid Head staring at Jame Saunderland and James sees himself in the face of Pyramid Head which shows that its actually him. Or something like that.

PH (or the Red Pyramid, whatever you want to call him) was created by the main character. It's supposed to be his need for punishment due to guilt and his sexual frustrations taking a physical shape. Hence the rape and murder of other monsters, and attacking of Maria. This only occurs because Silent Hill is kind of like a "hell" for the people in it. So all the bad feelings and repressed emotions come to fore and torment the person.

And you're not really chased at all. It's not like a Friday the 13th kind of thing.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Vampiro]PH (or the Red Pyramid, whatever you want to call him) was created by the main character.

I actually remember seing PH in the beginning of the game in one of the hotels I was in and PH was behind these bars, and was not moving whatsoever. But now I need to play Silent Hill 2 just to beat it.

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting s0ul: When the undead dance squad appeared, he started humming Thriller

Who didn't do that?

Posted by The Judge

Me? Guess I'm out of touch.

Posted by KoH

[quote=Crazy K]I actually remember seing PH in the beginning of the game in one of the hotels I was in and PH was behind these bars, and was not moving whatsoever. But now I need to play Silent Hill 2 just to beat it.

Hm... I should replay SH2 then, 'cause I don't remember that one.

Anybody else remember that?

Posted by The Judge

Ant does. It's the first time you see him in the game.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I just got through watching the movie, and loved it. My only complaint was that the soundtrack was pretty much just music from the games (namely 3) without too many original scores, if any. Still though, this hardly detracted from me enjoying this film and the music fit in incredibly well.

I agree that it might be a tad hard for people to follow if they haven't played the games. BUT, this is only for certain things such as what the monsters represent and why the ending happened the way it did; which I'm guessing is a prelude to the male character's actions in two.

Posted by The Judge

I thought the fact that they pretty much flat out tell you near the end exactly why everything's happening should have cleared up enough of the movie for it to make sense. They might not have understood what the monsters were, but it didn't detract from the movie.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting The Judge: I thought the fact that they pretty much flat out tell you near the end exactly why everything's happening should have cleared up enough of the movie for it to make sense.

No. I mean, they didn't exactly explain why Sean Bean's character couldn't see them. Yeah, the movie as a whole made perfect sense, but those who have played Silent Hill 2 can speculate as to stuff like this.

Quoted post: I just got through watching the movie, and loved it. My only complaint was that the soundtrack was pretty much just music from the games (namely 3) without too many original scores, if any. Still though, this hardly detracted from me enjoying this film and the music fit in incredibly well.

I still don't understand how that's a valid complaint in anyway, shape or form. Akira Yamaoka's music is amazing and on it's own defines what Silent Hill is. I would have been really upset if they attempted to create their own score since it would have sucked in comparison.

I mean, why bother making subpar music when you have four entire albums that work perfectly.

Quoted post:
I thought the fact that they pretty much flat out tell you near the end exactly why everything's happening should have cleared up enough of the movie for it to make sense. They might not have understood what the monsters were, but it didn't detract from the movie.

The ending is why everyone is confused. Which I understand. The movie holds your hand all the way through then tosses you out in the middle of an ocean to find your way back. It probably wouldn't have been such a problem if it didn't explain everything so clearly before that.

As for the monsters, just like in Silent Hill 2 and 3, they'll probably reserve that for the next movie. Chances are that's when they'll explain PH's significance (minus the James explanation), same with the nurses, Grey Children
(mumblers), Patients, et cetera.

Though it'll suck because the James theory works way better than anything else: PH - sexual frustration, guilt; Mumblers - kids; Patients - the whole wife thing, feeling trapped in his own skin, sickness, insanity; Nurses - wife again, sickness again, sexual repression; et cetera. But, of course that probably won't work now.

Really, the only problem I have is the whole Dahlia thing. They completely flipped her character. Also, the cult became witch-burners rather than G[COLOR="White"]o[/COLOR]d-birthers. Oh, and Alessa was the Devil, when she was trying to protect Sharon in the games (hence the fog and whatnot). Mind you, I really don't care. The storyline was neat, and I'm glad Gans did something different. But I don't know, the whole G[COLOR="White"]o[/COLOR]d thing is just a really cool story.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Don't read if you care about spoilers!

Quoting Vampiro: I still don't understand how that's a valid complaint in anyway, shape or form. Akira Yamaoka's music is amazing and on it's own defines what Silent Hill is. I would have been really upset if they attempted to create their own score since it would have sucked in comparison.

I mean, why bother making subpar music when you have four entire albums that work perfectly.

Because it's basically a new installment to the series, and because of this it deserves its own soundtrack. If you're going through the pains of making a full-length motion picture that needs to fit in with the series, then yeah you should keep some of the familiar music, but because the mise-en-scene is completely altered due to the viewers lack of involvment, as opposed to people actually controlling the game, but mostly the ways the levels and everything changed because, well, it's not the video game. I think that's a pretty good reason to have a new soundtrack, personally.

Like I said though, it's such a minor complaint that wasn't even worth me pointing out. Mainly, I was hopeful I could get a new SH soundtrack and enjoy completely new music along with this semi-new installment.

Quoting Vampiro:
Though it'll suck because the James theory works way better than anything else: PH - sexual frustration, guilt; Mumblers - kids; Patients - the whole wife thing, feeling trapped in his own skin, sickness, insanity; Nurses - wife again, sickness again, sexual repression; et cetera. But, of course that probably won't work now.

I dunno, it could. I mean, there's still a possibility that the SH2 plot could play out, especially with the way the movie ended and the lack of detail Sean Bean's character got into regarding his wife who "disappeared". I say it can work but with a few obvious differences. I never finished 2, but wasn't she paralyzed, or just stricken with grief, or something like that?

Quoted post: Because it's basically a new installment to the series, and because of this it deserves its own soundtrack. If you're going through the pains of making a full-length motion picture that needs to fit in with the series, then yeah you should keep some of the familiar music, but because the mise-en-scene is completely altered due to the viewers lack of involvment, as opposed to people actually controlling the game, but mostly the ways the levels and everything changed because, well, it's not the video game. I think that's a pretty good reason to have a new soundtrack, personally.

The thing is though, the movie took elements from all three games and combined it. So it's not a new installment, it's an amalgamation of the entire series. Therefore, it actually makes sense to take music from the three main games and put it into the movie.

I'd agree with you if it didn't sound good, or if it sounded out of place... but it didn't. It was really great. And like I said in an earlier post, the movie is basically a fanfic. You can't have a fanfic without one of the biggest parts of the series.

Quoted post: I dunno, it could. I mean, there's still a possibility that the SH2 plot could play out, especially with the way the movie ended and the lack of detail Sean Bean's character got into regarding his wife who "disappeared". I say it can work but with a few obvious differences. I never finished 2, but wasn't she paralyzed, or just stricken with grief, or something like that?

Nah, terminal illness. Though she dies when James kills her.

But really, it wouldn't make sense. All those monsters (or most) were born from James' imagination due to problems with his wife. They only really make sense that way. It's why PH rapes monsters and wears a helmet, it's why the nurses were sexy, and why the patients were vomiting and looked the way they did.

But who knows, maybe they'll think of something really cool.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Vampiro: The thing is though, the movie took elements from all three games and combined it. So it's not a new installment, it's an amalgamation of the entire series. Therefore, it actually makes sense to take music from the three main games and put it into the movie.

Point taken, I didn't think of it that way.

Posted by The Judge

I haven't played any Silent Hill games aside from a bit of 4 and I understood the movie perfectly. I think some people just literally don't have the proper mindset to grasp this stuff (like critics).

Indeed, that or they're just ****ing babies. My friend showed me the Ebert review and I lol'd so hard. He seemed to have a grudge against the movie because it wasn't pre-screened. Though most of his complaints are somewhat valid, I just think people go into these types of movies expecting something Oscar-worthy. Not that they can't, but they won't be. So it just seems silly. If you sit back and enjoy yourself it's quite a good movie.

But if you expect too much or actually looking for problems, you'll probably hate it.

Posted by Crazy K

If they make a Silent Hill 2 movie then I believe Sean Bean would fit the role of the man trying to find his wife. But he is unaware of her death in this movie rather then in the game he knows his wife died. But anyways I think Silent Hill being made into a movie would be quite awesome.

Posted by Fate

I liked it. Better than what they did with Doom. I'm still iffy on watching Tomb Raider. Mortal Kombat is the best. Silent Hill is a very close second.

Posted by The Judge

You liked Mortal Combat more? Odd. I found that movie sort of hoaky.

Quoted post: But he is unaware of her death in this movie rather then in the game he knows his wife died.

Let's hope he knows she's dead. Afterall, HE killed her.

Oh, and I loved MK. I have to agree with Fate and say it's the best. Sure it may have been a tad cheesy and rough around the edges, but it managed to capture the feel of MK and a FIGHTING game near perfectly.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Crazy K]I actually remember seing PH in the beginning of the game in one of the hotels I was in and PH was behind these bars, and was not moving whatsoever.

Actually I just looked around for pictures of Pyramid head and it was different from what I saw in the beggining of the game. when I saw this thing it sort of looked like a women drenched in blood and she or it was levitating a little bit not moving. I had no idea what is was so I believed it was PH. But I guess I was wrong. I could not really get a good look at it though.

Anyways im going to try and find a picture of the thing I saw. I believe I saw the "Red ***" or something, becuase this monster so to say looked nothing like Pyramid head. Anyways there is no photos of it on the internet.

Anyways this is the only pic I could get that resembles what I saw.

[IMG]http://www.rc6.it/jocchan_ext/stuff/quadroSH3.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Saruman

I have some questions? Where all the people in silent hill dead? or like in another demension? If so did they die in the fire? Rose and her daughter in the car accident? Why did the demon let rose and the kid go? Why weren't their bodies found if they were dead? Was silent hill the outskirts of hell?

Quoted post: Anyways im going to try and find a picture of the thing I saw. I believe I saw the "Red ***" or something, becuase this monster so to say looked nothing like Pyramid head. Anyways there is no photos of it on the internet.

Pretty sure you didn't see Xuchilbara...

Quoted post: I have some questions? Where all the people in silent hill dead? or like in another demension? If so did they die in the fire? Rose and her daughter in the car accident? Why did the demon let rose and the kid go? Why weren't their bodies found if they were dead? Was silent hill the outskirts of hell?

Everyone in city died except for the cult members. Alessa and "The Demon" (the devil, basically) plotted against the cult in hopes of getting revenge, and to do this the demon gave Alessa certain powers. That's where the dark Silent Hill comes in. Basically, it's just Alessa's dreams. When the demon enters the church, it's allowed to finally kill off the rest of the town. Near the end, you see the demon confront Sharon, who opens here eyes. It's the believed that the dark alessa completely "consumes" the good alessa, thus trapping them in limbo forever. So, though they aren't dead, the might as well be.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

See, what I got from it is that the whole movie was working to bring the two sides of the kid's personality together. At the end, the evil and good fuse, creating a whole.

Which game was it where the whole thing was a metaphor for insanity? I really think that would have worked better as a stand-alone movie.

Posted by Saruman

So when Rose entered sillent hill she entered Alessa's Dreams?

Quoted post: See, what I got from it is that the whole movie was working to bring the two sides of the kid's personality together. At the end, the evil and good fuse, creating a whole.

Exactly. Pretty much what I said, and what most fans believe. :)

Quoted post:
Which game was it where the whole thing was a metaphor for insanity? I really think that would have worked better as a stand-alone movie.

Two, I believe. That's one of the main issues adressed in the game besides guilt, child abuse, euthanasia and obsession. Though four also had a lot of insanity elements, where the player is supposed to believe "The Room" is one of the character's mother. You're to assume that his mother locked him out, but I believe one of the developers mentioned it was a metaphor for the child wanting it have sex with his mom...

Or something.

Posted by s0ul

Saw it again last night, still rocks.

Also, if anyone has any of the game soundtracks, let me know. ;)

Posted by Klarth

I believe they're available on Kerrazy-Torrents.

Posted by s0ul

Yeah, the torrents tend to be in the 130 songs range. Not looking for quite so much!

Quoted post: Also, if anyone has any of the game soundtracks, let me know.

I have all four soundtracks, though one and two were probably the best. Four being the worst, I believe, since it kind of did away with the ambience and went for more "song-oriented" music. Which, though good, isn't what you're looking for in a SH soundtrack.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro]Pretty sure you didn't see Xuchilbara...

Everyone in city died except for the cult members. Alessa and "The Demon" (the devil, basically) plotted against the cult in hopes of getting revenge, and to do this the demon gave Alessa certain powers. That's where the dark Silent Hill comes in. Basically, it's just Alessa's dreams. When the demon enters the church, it's allowed to finally kill off the rest of the town. Near the end, you see the demon confront Sharon, who opens here eyes. It's the believed that the dark alessa completely "consumes" the good alessa, thus trapping them in limbo forever. So, though they aren't dead, the might as well be.

Uh, I was under the impression that there was never an actual fire. It was just Alessa's evil manifestation that killed nearly everyone in the town, ie the Darkness. Which is why Silent Hill doesn't look like it's been ravaged by a fire?

Quoted post: Uh, I was under the impression that there was never an actual fire. It was just Alessa's evil manifestation that killed nearly everyone in the town, ie the Darkness. Which is why Silent Hill doesn't look like it's been ravaged by a fire?

Remember in the flashback where they showed Alessa's "corpse-cooker" falling and knocking over the coals? Pretty sure that's how the fire started. Hence Rose saying "It was your own sins that caused your dam[COLOR="White"]nat[/COLOR]ion" or whatever it was, rather than the cult believing it was Alessa's sins that caused the fire.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Vampiro: Two, I believe.

Yeah, I believe two was the one were Silent Hill was made into more a self-hell and all of the main characters(James I believe was his name) fears, guilts and frustrations were manifest through the creatures with PH being his taunter and punisher, something around those lines.

Quoted post: Yeah, I believe two was the one were Silent Hill was made into more a self-hell and all of the main characters(James I believe was his name) fears, guilts and frustrations were manifest through the creatures with PH being his taunter and punisher, something around those lines.

That's a tad different than insanity. But yeah...

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Vampiro: That's a tad different than insanity. But yeah...

Well, when I said "self-made hell" I meant he made it all up in his head, that's why all that stuff meant what it did, I figured that clarified as insane

Quoted post: Well, when I said "self-made hell" I meant he made it all up in his head, that's why all that stuff meant what it did, I figured that clarified as insane

Well, it's not just him though. Other NPCs experience a similar hell, though entirely their own (hence no one else seeing PH). So, it's not so much a mental thing as it is the actual town brining this stuff to life.

Mind you, it's fairly clear James is insane. But like I said, that's just a main theme, rather than the actual cause of the entire experience.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Vampiro: Well, it's not just him though. Other NPCs experience a similar hell, though entirely their own (hence no one else seeing PH). So, it's not so much a mental thing as it is the actual town brining this stuff to life.

Mind you, it's fairly clear James is insane. But like I said, that's just a main theme, rather than the actual cause of the entire experience.

I was always under the impersion that SH2 was purely in James mind, the only reason it was set in SH was the fact that his wife liked it so much....that's what I thought you meant

Nah, it's quite apparent that Silent Hill is real. PH, for example, is actually based on an executioner he sees in an old painting from the town. Then there's the various real people he runs into during the game like Laura and Eddie - As opposed to Maria, who we find out in the Xbox version, was created by the town, not by Jame's imagination per se. Though the town uses bits from his memory, she's a soulless being at the beginning of the game, who later becomes are full human being... and eventually dies the same death as Mary.

Oh, and Laura experiences a "similar" hell as James, though nowhere near as awful what with the whole childlike innocence thing (this somewhat proves that it's the town that's bringing this stuff to life) and they both escape to the "real world" in one of the endings.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Vampiro: Nah, it's quite apparent that Silent Hill is real. PH, for example, is actually based on an executioner he sees in an old painting from the town. Then there's the various real people he runs into during the game like Laura and Eddie - As opposed to Maria, who we find out in the Xbox version, was created by the town, not by Jame's imagination per se. Though the town uses bits from his memory, she's a soulless being at the beginning of the game, who later becomes are full human being... and eventually dies the same death as Mary.

Oh, and Laura experiences a "similar" hell as James, though nowhere near as awful what with the whole childlike innocence thing (this somewhat proves that it's the town that's bringing this stuff to life) and they both escape to the "real world" in one of the endings.

Oh, I know that Silent Hill itself is a real place in the series, I just thought that James was imagining he was there, instead of actually being there, because of how the creatures were represented, but, yea, I understand what you're saying, I was wrong, I guess.

Plus, I've not played the Restless Dreams version so I wasn't aware of all that content

Quoted post: Plus, I've not played the Restless Dreams version so I wasn't aware of all that content

There's really not that much to it. It's just a short quest that shows Maria being "created" and eventually coming into her own as a person. So it just gives you a bit more insight. Otherwise it's a not very interesting.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Vampiro: There's really not that much to it. It's just a short quest that shows Maria being "created" and eventually coming into her own as a person. So it just gives you a bit more insight. Otherwise it's a not very interesting.

Still, it proves that he is, in fact, in the town and not just in his own sick and twisted imagination, like I thought.