For fans of the X-Men '90s Animated Series

Posted by Big Boss

I wasn't aware that these even existed, until I was browsing the site where I found the hilarious "It's the Juggernaut, Bi[color=yellowgreen]tch!" video. The Japanese intros of the popular X-Men show are so much better animated than the whole show, I wonder why Marvel/Fox didn't go ahead and just paid them to animate the whole series.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPY2BfgRgRQ&search=x-men%20japan"]Japanese 1st Intro[/url]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVMTBWPUCSk&search=x-men"]Japanese 2nd Intro[/url]

I've always thought of how cool a Japanese-animated X-Men show would be (not kidding), and this is the closest thing I've seen to it. Too bad something like this won't happen any time soon. The company Marvel signed a deal with to make animated shows makes the same nice but bland animation and artwork akin to X-Men Evolution (Just see Ultimate Avengers for proof). Oh well, enjoy the ubercool intros.[/color]

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

That actually looks really, really good. When I read "anime" I figured it would look a little too... anime-ish. But I'm quite surprised. Those intros are excellent.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Yeah, i was expecting big eyed idiocy that had nothing to do with the marvel styling, but thats not that bad.

Posted by JonMB

That was tight. Am I the only one who thinks that Jubilee is practically worthless?

Posted by nich

So 90's, I love it. God I miss that show.

And oh yeah, they made Jubilee seem cool, but she makes sparks basically.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Big Boss]the hilarious "It's the Juggernaut, *****!" video.
Agreed +1.

Yeah, that's a pretty cool pair of videos there - The one I remember seeing is lacklustre in comparison. Sweet stuff.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting nich: So 90's, I love it. God I miss that show.

I was missing it too, but I got tired of sitting around and waiting for Fox/Marvel to release the collection. So, I bought an 8-disc bootleg copy of the whole series for $40 at MegaCon last month. Haven't checked it out yet, so I really don't know how good the quality is.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Nice find BB. Those intros do indeed look a lot cooler than that of the American version. I still miss watching that show.:( I try and catch it on Fox Family when I can on weekends.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: That was tight. Am I the only one who thinks that Jubilee is practically worthless?

Read the comics. She pretty much becomes the most powerful mutant until she gets killed, er whatever.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Vampiro: Read the comics. She pretty much becomes the most powerful mutant until she gets killed, er whatever.

I don't know about the "most powerful mutant part," but she's alive. She was nearly killed along with a bunch of other kids from Generation X, but the B team in Uncanny X-Men managed to get there in time. She is a victim of House of M as far as being a mutant is concerned, if anyone's keeping up with the storyline.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

That looked pretty cool..but it just didn't have the x men feel to it. Why were they fighting a bunch of random robots and aliens? What about Juggernaut, Sinister, Apacolypse, Sabertooth etc. Only villian I saw was Omega Red. Plus the music for the american cartoon is infinately better.

Posted by Arczu

I was about to say something like that. The music intro for that X-men show in the US was kick-arse. It pratically hypes me up for the show.

I want to watch, but the're doing something with Youtube right now...