Myspace Messenger?!

Posted by Klarth

http://im.myspace.com/messenger/messenger.html

Oh god no. It's gonna suck balls, isn't it.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Klarth: http://im.myspace.com/messenger/messenger.html

Oh god no. It's gonna suck balls, isn't it.

Yes. One more step towards world domination for MySpace. :(

And think about it; literally everyone who uses it is going to be a complete q00u. Like an entire army of AIM chatroom users.

Posted by JonMB

Dude, we both made the same post at exactly 3:49pm. See: http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=11768

Great minds think alike?

Posted by Trigger

Anything with the word MySpace in it should not be considered as something that won't potentially "suck balls." Even anything affilated with it will suck balls; it's impossible for anything that MySpace creates to not suck balls. Did you really have to ask this question? Maybe if we ignore the messenger, it'll go away.

Posted by Fate

I don't know where all this dislike for MySpace comes from. Is it the popularity or something, guys?

I'd probably just have it just to have it.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Fate]
I don't know where all this dislike for MySpace comes from. Is it the popularity or something, guys?
I don't exactly hate it - Not sure if I even dislike it, to tell the truth. It's just sad that they're trying to do and be everything.

JonMB: Whoa. Bizaaaaaarre. O_o

Posted by Trigger

It's just a generally terrible and overrated service that brings very little to the Internet that hasn't been established or successfully created before. It's basically Hot or Not with a customisable home page that people use to whore their insipid music.

[quote=Klarth]It's just sad that they're trying to do and be everything.
Precisely. Microsoft already have the lead in failing horribly at everything; there's no need for two of them to be doing the same thing. There simply isn't enough room in the failure industry for Microsoft and MySpace.

Posted by Fate

I found a lot of my friends through MySpace. A lot of them I couldn't even say goodbye to because I left my town so suddenly. I've also networked with a bunch of students from my institution.

Now MySpace whores are something that can be annoying.
:mad:

Posted by JonMB

Quoting Klarth: JonMB: Whoa. Bizaaaaaarre. O_o

Indeed. I guess we'll just use yours though. :D

I like MySpace. It's good for people who don't know much about HTML to have a place where they can connect with friends, upload photos, and have a blog. Their servers are unstable at times but I can understand why with the heavy traffic and free service.

But for pure blogging, I prefer LiveJournal. And even better, I just have my own personal site.

Posted by Fate

I don't use the blogging thing at MySpace. I use my LJ for that.

A MySpace messenger would be pretty neat, since there are still some people on this internet that don't have a messenger name but do have MySpace.

Posted by Trigger

At least pick a superior blogging service, such as Blogger, if you absolutely must go free. Moveable Type or any other established, free blogging services that only require you to have your own server and domain address would also be good places to start. LiveJournal may as well be your MySpace built-in blog; only whiners and emo's use it. Xanga is only marginally above it, but not by much.

In any case, the founder of MySpace is ugly and doesn't know how to take self-portrait photos with a camera. He's the Fei-on Caster of self-portraits.

Posted by JonMB

The main reason I use LiveJournal rather than having my own blog on my site is because of the networking part. I have friends who use LiveJournal so we're all linked up. The only reason I finally got a MySpace was because people wanted me to. :D

You don't think Tom is cute? Seems like a regular looking guy to me.

Posted by Trigger

No, I don't. Then again, it's men like this who typically win my heart, when it comes to appearance:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v346/RavenWriter/Richard.jpg[/IMG]

[URL="http://www.concertshots.com/images/cs-JohnPetrucci3-Atlanta71901.JPG"]This guy[/URL] is also another good example, though.

Posted by JonMB

Ah, so you'd probably like my old hair.

Posted by Trigger

Yeah, that's not so bad. Why do you look so familiar?

Posted by JonMB

Quoting Trigger: Why do you look so familiar?

Lots of people say that. My official reply is that I just remind you of everything good in the world. ;)

Posted by Fate

LJ isn't just for whining, you know. Anything that serves as a diary or journal thing isn't all about complaining.

Also, MySpace is big and has more people in it. It's popular and widely-used. Same thing as with an iPod: There may be better stuff out there, but all the accessories and goodies come with the iPod.

I think Tom's pretty cute.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=Fate]LJ isn't just for whining, you know. Anything that serves as a diary or journal thing isn't all about complaining.
No, not everything is all about complaining. LiveJournal is and probably one of the least properly used services out there. If it isn't someone complaining about something, it's them posting their cute little surveys they took at some website such as BlogThings or elsewhere.

"I'm 98% Demon. Here's a generic description about me!"

Posted by Fate

That's why I don't befriend every Joe out there! LiveJournals are supposed to be taken seriously because they're like documentations of events and feelings. I'd only want to read about people I care about, not just watch my list grow and grow. I take a sad LiveJournal entry more seriously if, say, someone posted about how sad they were in a MySpace bulletin or something.

Posted by JonMB

Quoting Trigger: "I'm 98% Demon. Here's a generic description about me!"

Haha, that made me smile, because I see it so often.

I occasionally take those quizzes, but I normally use my LJ as an actual journal or just a place to write thoughts.

Posted by Trigger

You don't have to befriend them to stumble across the shit. LiveJournals aren't meant to be taken seriously, they're merely there for the purpose of the author to write whatever bull they can think of and publish it to the world wide web, expecting someone to think they're cool. Nothing about your life can be that serious or important that it warrents the entire web to know about it. Then again, I didn't find anything of much significance when I came across yours, Fate. It isn't likely I'm about to agree with you, when I consider your LiveJournal to be absolute trash.

HAI WEB, MY BF IS SWEET KTHXBAI.

Posted by Fate

There you go with the unnecessary insults again.

It's not about letting the entire web know about it, it's about sharing thoughts and events with others that you wouldn't mind sharing with other people, too. I befriend relatively intelligent people, so even if I do see that stuff I don't take it as an insult to humanity.

Anyone that knows me and my LiveJournal would also know that I write about more than how peachy my life is.

Posted by Trigger

Stating what I think about your "blog," and insulting you for the hell of it are two different things. It's not an insult when I say that I find your space to be absolute trash, it's an opinion - learn to deal with them. Not everyone has to enjoy what you read, and paint a pretty picture of sweet words when they don't. You of all people should know that I'd be the last person to blow sweet little fairy dust in your face, when it comes to what I think.

Stop defending your blog. There's no point.

Posted by Fate

Well, Trigger, do forgive me for thinking that my journal entries and my personality are pretty much on par with each other and that if you insult one you would insult the other. It seems pretty irrational that I would even think that. I can take your opinion, but calling my journal trash just seems mean.

Posted by JonMB

Although there's nothing wrong with sharing an opinion, it's nicer to not say something negative unless there's a constructive reason.

Like the old saying, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Anyhow, I'm not taking sides. Just stating my own personal morals.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=Fate]I can take your opinion, but calling my journal trash just seems mean.
Not when that is my opinion. I'm under no obligation to be nice about my opinion or make my opinion to be something it's not purely because you might have a small cry about it. "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" is a pointless quote, it's too ideal and the world obviously never will nor ever can run on that kind of principle. You can't have the good without hearing the bad; the "nice" wouldn't be as appreciated if it weren't for people such as myself who aren't afraid to use the word 'trash' when it comes to Fate's blog.

Forgive me, Fate, for not thinking your journal entries and personality are everything you think them to be. It seems pretty irrational that I would even think that!

:cookie:

Posted by Fate

It can still seem mean even when it's your opinion. :cookie:

Posted by JonMB

Well, more than anything, all that matters is that it's just an opinion. If I call Fate's journal trash, that doesn't mean it is trash. And if I call Fate's journal great, that doesn't mean it is great.

In the end, I've learned that what people say about me is usually more of a statement about them, and not actually about me. Likewise when I make a statement about others.

No one is obligated to be nice, unless, of course, they want to be a nice person. :)

Posted by Demonblade

I dont mind myspace myself...i use it to talk to all of my old buddies from high school. As for the messenger, well im sure its going to be just like any other messenger, ill get it...but never use it.

Posted by Switch.Wolf

Myspace really isn't that great. Comparably its horrible. It has SOO many ad's it makes me sick. I forget who bought it but some major company owns them now. But who isn't owned by a company. Like its already been said. Everything Myspace does, another website has done better. The site is basically a giant high school. Most people seem equally shallow.

I used to like the site but I am leaving.

Posted by ShiroiHikari

Quoting Switch.Wolf: Myspace really isn't that great. Comparably its horrible. It has SOO many ad's it makes me sick. I forget who bought it but some major company owns them now. But who isn't owned by a company. Like its already been said. Everything Myspace does, another website has done better. The site is basically a giant high school. Most people seem equally shallow.

Big words for someone that checks their myspace as soona s they touch a computer xD!

Posted by Switch.Wolf

Big words. Big change. And yes, I do not deny that. But I am kind of a attention whore. ;P

Posted by JonMB

I try to never complain about a free service, since to do so seems silly.

Posted by Switch.Wolf

Free, but supported by a **** ton of ad's that hinder the navigation and load time and visual appearence of the site.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Switch.Wolf: Myspace really isn't that great. Comparably its horrible. It has SOO many ad's it makes me sick. I forget who bought it but some major company owns them now. But who isn't owned by a company. Like its already been said. Everything Myspace does, another website has done better. The site is basically a giant high school. Most people seem equally shallow.

Rupert Murdoch, for $325 million? I think.

The reason Myspace has long load times is down to the users abusing the rather liberal rules regarding HTML on userpages. To be honest, what site provides a comparably better service than Myspace?

Don't say Faceparty.

:cool:

Posted by Switch.Wolf

Live Journal provides a wider community, even Xanga does. Although I am not a big fan of Xanga either. But there are better individual services for what MySpace does. I don't know about you but I would never want to replicate a better MySpace system with the same community as it has now.

Posted by Fate

It's out now, guys. XD

http://collect.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=im.download

Posted by Dexter

Got it. I like how easy it was to get all my buddies added. Fate's the only one currently on it, but I suppose others will soon be on.

Until then, though, it's all about the slime. ^_^

Posted by Fate

Hori-chan. <3

Posted by Ant

Yeah, I think I'll be sticking with Aim.

Posted by Dexter

If yoy exit a conversation, next time you talk to that person you continue from your old conversation. That's a nice addition I never truly realized would be helpful.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Trigger: You don't have to befriend them to stumble across the shit. LiveJournals aren't meant to be taken seriously, they're merely there for the purpose of the author to write whatever bull they can think of and publish it to the world wide web, expecting someone to think they're cool.

Most ignorant statement I've seen from you yet.

There are always exceptions, and you would do best to take that into account.

Posted by Kaise Suratu

Myspace has done so much and more, but it also P'SES me off. A man created Myspace, and now it has been a need or a must for the music world in today's society. It's a huge promotion tool. Not for music, but for pedophiles, and everything else.

It is also way over rated despite how much good its done. So many people have joined Myspace within the year. Most Xanga users [EMO!] went from Xanga to Myspace durring 2005 at my school. My mom even has a Myspace, and her co-workers do as well. The whole police department down in Lexington has a Myspace too.

I don't notice ads at all on Myspace other than the 'Hit ME get an IPod ads'.
You hit the nail right on its head when you said it's a giant high school.

Quoting Switch.Wolf: Live Journal provides a wider community, even Xanga does. Although I am not a big fan of Xanga either. But there are better individual services for what MySpace does. I don't know about you but I would never want to replicate a better MySpace system with the same community as it has now.

Live Journal and Xanga doesn't offer you anything but a journal to write in for the world to see which Myspace offers as well. Xanga is for bloggers and junior high teens who look for attention through their friends lol

Posted by brownoystercult

Quoting Dexter: If yoy exit a conversation, next time you talk to that person you continue from your old conversation. That's a nice addition I never truly realized would be helpful.

that's present in yahoo messenger, i believe.

Posted by Kaise Suratu

[quote=] I take a sad LiveJournal entry more seriously if, say, someone posted about how sad they were in a MySpace bulletin or something.[/color]

That's one reason why I don't like Xanga. People from middle school uses as a tool to get attention (and leave some creepy suicide notes) because they can put sad depressing entry's in their blog about their puppy-love crush or how emo they are because their layout didn't have the music, or they're emo because they can't find the right layout to fit the "mood".

[quote=Trigger]Precisely. Microsoft already have the lead in failing horribly at everything; there's no need for two of them to be doing the same thing. There simply isn't enough room in the failure industry for Microsoft and MySpace.

Microsoft and Myspace failing? Explain.

[quote=Trigger]It's not an insult when I say that I find your space to be absolute trash, it's an opinion.

An opinion can be an insult. You're logic is annoying; and you're all together ignorant. Now this is my opinion and it's an insult. You calling his LJ trash is an insult but also an opinion.

=====-----========:::::::::::::::::/\/\/\/\/\^^^

Here are some demographics I picked up from dijest.com:
[URL="http://www.students.haverford.edu/hchoi/final%20project.htm"] Live Journal vs. Xanga demographics. [/URL]

[URL="http://www.haverford.edu/"]Haverford[/URL] psychology student [URL="http://www.students.haverford.edu/hchoi/"]Hat Nim Choi[/URL] chose to compare demographics of [URL="http://www.xanga.com/"]Xanga[/URL] and [URL="http://www.livejournal.com/"]LiveJournal[/URL] users for the Spring 2003 [URL="http://www.haverford.edu/psych/ddavis/p314/p314i.03.html"]Psychology of Adolescence[/URL] laboratory. Choi used [URL="http://www.students.haverford.edu/hchoi/LJsurvey1a.html"]this survey[/URL] to collect data from a small sample of both user populations and [URL="http://www.students.haverford.edu/hchoi/final%20project.htm"]presented findings in this report[/URL]. Some observations: [LIST]
[*]Live Journal users were more likely to identify themselves as whites while Xanga users were more likely to identify as Asians.
[*]Xanga users are about two years younger (Xanga at 18.2, LJ at 20.5).
[*]Xanga users posted less often but averaged almost twice as many comments per post (4.6) than LJ (2.6).
[*]70% of female Xanga users had more than 50 friends in their blogroll while only 40% of males had more than 50.[/LIST]I'd be happier if more of the behavioral data was observed and measured instead of anecdotal. For example, are young women more likely to exaggerate their connectedness than young men? The server knows for sure.

Xanga is worse than LiveJournal.

Posted by Kaise Suratu

[quote=Trigger]It's just a generally terrible and overrated service that brings very little to the Internet that hasn't been established or successfully created before. It's basically Hot or Not with a customisable home page that people use to whore their insipid music.

Precisely. Microsoft already have the lead in failing horribly at everything; there's no need for two of them to be doing the same thing. There simply isn't enough room in the failure industry for Microsoft and MySpace.
Microsoft and Myspace failing? Explain.

Posted by Raptor

[url=http://www.furjournal.com]Furjournal[/url] :cool: