Any RPG hero/villan reminded you of yourself?

Posted by Xenos

I am just curious if there were any RPG characters, heros, or villans that ever reminded you of yourself.

To be honest, I don't really recall there being any protagonist (or antagonist) that I could relate to a lot ... how about you?

Posted by naughtydogy

my favorite hero/villan that reminds me of myself is shadow the hedgehog

Posted by holy_flare

Lightbulb!:D I know I know I know!!!
The hero that reminds me of myself would have to be Vivi from Final Fantasy IX. A calm soul that wonders why we exist...if we even do exist. Heh Heh Heh. Also, he is easily frightened. There's me for ya.:-D

Posted by keyartist

I think mine will be Serge, better off not talking.

Posted by Linko_16

lolol im sephiroth a total evil badass

Seriously, though. Maybe Genus of Tales of Symphonia. A little.

Posted by Desperado

Barret

Posted by Inferno

A lot of protagonists are somewhat the same so I don't really know of a character that I fit well.
For bad guys, I'm kind of like Kefka in a way because he's an idiot bent on, well, his version of success, and if I had that much power I would probably kill everyone too.

Posted by Klarth

Krelian (Xenogears) resembles the egocentric antagonist within me, whereas Klarth (Tales of Phantasia) represents the perverted pseudo-intellectual. :)

Posted by GameMiestro

I dunno, Marche, perhaps? I don't have that many characters to choose from.

Posted by juliebriggs

im a combination of Marle from Chrono Trigger and Sepiroth lol.

Posted by Sak

I hafta say Sheena and Colette from Tales of Symphonia - I'm a coward AND a clutz.

Posted by Linko_16

I never finished that game (my @#$% friends don't really want to play much anymore), but Sheena's not a coward, is she? I've never played through an event in which she displays any cowardice.

Posted by Roxas23857

I relate to Shadow from Shadow the Hedgehog because Shadow rocks.

Posted by Sean the Wicked

Squall; typical emo-kid. Whiny, self-loathing, surronded by cool friends but don't care, hate everyone, etc. etc.

But that's starting to change, so I don't know, maybe Zidane? Stupid and perverted I guess? Whatever.

Posted by Xenos

Quoting Klarth: Krelian (Xenogears) resembles the egocentric antagonist within me, whereas Klarth (Tales of Phantasia) represents the perverted pseudo-intellectual. :)

Are you AVENGING FOR A LONG LOST LOVE?

Posted by Sak

Quoting Linko_16: I never finished that game (my @#$% friends don't really want to play much anymore), but Sheena's not a coward, is she? I've never played through an event in which she displays any cowardice.
Well, she called herself a coward right before you face Mithos for the last battle. AND she has a title : Chicken.

Posted by Pvt.Sarnate

I chose Squall Leonhart. Back then I used to be a silent but a jerk type of guy who starts fights in school and gets into alot of trouble. Afraid to express what I am feeling and not really caring about anyone at all until I met my Ex-Girlfriend (which i truly hate right now) who changed me into a more expressive and friendly character. The things love can do to you, yuck.

Posted by HELLbillie

Squall, Quiet, dont care about much and shrug off all feelings of emotion

Posted by NEMI

A little of Squall 'cause sometimes I don't care about things,like Rinoa 'cause I express my feelings openly (even though sometimes it's kind of difficult) and a bit of Zell, I'm way overreactive to everything.

Posted by Mandude120

Young Link
In the way that sometimes he tries but things don't come out right, like in Ocarina of Time, when the city was burning and that shadow came towards him, he was all ready with his sword, but the shadow knocked him out big time. But also, whenever I really need to, I use my inner strength and things get better, in a way.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Cid, I'm loud, outgoing, and like to work on things.

I also know how to make airships.

Posted by Ayu

I think I'm kind of like Yuffie.

Posted by Kit

I don't know. I can't think of anybody. :(

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Ryudo from Grandia II... like him, I am often a complete bastard, but I do have a soft side, especially when I'm in love.

Posted by Meftah

I'm Yuffi because i am a man who wishes to be a woman :).... naw jk, I guess I would be azule. 6'5 (and a half) {planning on being 7 feet tall} and i am always looking for a fight for no particular reason then jus to challenge some1 :O

Posted by Tyler Durden

I've rather fashioned myself as more of a 'Link' kind of guy. Even if The Legend of Zelda [series] doesn't constitute as a RPG: I just felt like I've always been out to defend and save the girl. Questing to obtain inner courage, wisdom, and power [referencing to all integral portions of the Triforce].

Humble in skill with a legendary sense of bravery: Overcoming countless perils, defeating numerous foes, and doing it all with cunning prowess and style.

Posted by Dexter

Guy from Tales of the Abyss because he's so suave and amiable.

Posted by Tyler Durden

I've just been told by a close personal friend that I remind him of Cid from Final Fantasy VII. Bluntly spoken: because I'm wild, have an addiction to goggles, drive insanely fast [almost as if I'm flying], and I have a severe smoking habit. Also, I'd prefer the use of a bo-staff as my weapon of choice. Because I despise blades and firearms.

Posted by Poco

ELZAM (RETZE) F BRANSTEIN BECAUSE WITH THE TROMBE(HUCKBEIN AND AUSSENGER) I **** **** UP

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Etna, of course.

Posted by S

I've always fallen within the typical leader role, its just my personality. As odd as it sounds, I relate mostly to a character like Crono from Chrono Trigger. He's quiet but I get the feeling he's quite talkative and spurrs a lot of the discussion, as well as directs the thoughts... although without speech in the game. He talks, its just the user can't hear it. You can see it now and again.

But with that said, there hasn't ever been a character that I've truly seen myself in, nor is there a character that I've really seen as a total and complete epitome of awesome(In the truest sense of the word.). Many characters are cool but never one that comes along the lines of what I personally admire or adhere to inside myself. I guess that's why I write, to create that character.

Posted by punkrock212

lol um...either Rufus from Valkyrie Profile 2 or Fayt from Star Ocean reminds me of me the most...i dont know why but they do...

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Yuber from the Suikoden series. Need I say more?

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Lunairetic: [color=black] I relate mostly to a character like Crono from Chrono Trigger. He's quiet

I see myself as Chrono mainly because I don't talk very much in person. And because my two best friends are girls. I also drink with mugs in the same way he does.

Posted by Klarth

Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Now that I think about it...

I'm like the main character from Fallout 1 & 2.
And from Morrowind and Oblivion.
... and NWN/BG/ID.

Posted by Klarth

I think of myself as Charmander

Hey man no. sephiroth is like, so much cooler

Hey man no. sephiroth is like, so much cooler

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Klarth, I CHOOSE YOU!

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

Sephiroth (pfft i wish) probably more like Cid or somebody like that off FFVII

Posted by Creedence

Quoting EvilDeadGamer: Sephiroth (pfft i wish) probably more like Cid or somebody like that off FFVII

Pfft, no you remind me of Marle or Lucca or someone like that. (hehe I hope you see this lol)

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

Quoting MMX&oldies-fan: Pfft, no you remind me of Marle or Lucca or someone like that. (hehe I hope you see this lol)

you remind me more of someone like elton john or the lead singer from queen. :D

Posted by Creedence

Bahahhaaha, are you saying I'm sexy cuz youv'e told me your attracted to them.

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

...erm...i have no comeback...YOU WIN THIS ROUND!!! but soon, me and jesse smith will team up, and crush you...you and your little dog too!!! lol

Posted by Premature Burial

Roger Bacon from Shadow Hearts-I'm full of myself, and if I actually had some power, I'd be crazy enough to use it-for the good of mankind, of course.

Well no, not really, but I really like this particular villain. :)

I'm a mix of Bugenhagen and Cid from final fantasy VII-I'm SOMEWHAT jaded, I smoke and swear too much, and I do pride whatever small amount of knowledge I may possess.

Posted by CrystalPain

Quoting Premature Burial: Roger Bacon from Shadow Hearts-I'm full of myself, and if I actually had some power, I'd be crazy enough to use it-for the good of mankind, of course.

Well no, not really, but I really like this particular villain. :)

I'm a mix of Bugenhagen and Cid from final fantasy VII-I'm SOMEWHAT jaded, I smoke and swear too much, and I do pride whatever small amount of knowledge I may possess.

Wasnt Roger Bacon a good guy?
Was bacon the fake name or the real name of the evil Wizard/Mastermind?

Posted by David M. Awesome

[COLOR=Navy]Tsuna from Otogi 2 I guess. Standoffish, perpetually angry, and somewhat sadistic. And also a furry. :P[/COLOR]