Why did you join vgc?

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Why did I join?

I joined because my friend Krisse (vr32.de) referred me to this website and told me that this was one of the only "alive" sites that had a virtual boy board.

:D

Why did you join?

Posted by Stalolin

I originally joined with hopes of being the greatest Metroid player ever and made a thread called "if you need help in metroid just ask me" or something like that.

T-Virus or whatever his name is now came in and chewed me out.

It was awesome.

Posted by Fate

I was new to the internet and I wanted to learn more about video games. At the time, i was relatively new at video games, too. I figured this place would be a good place to be. Too bad people here don't really talk gaming.

Posted by Xenos

I was doing a search for Kingdom Hearts I "secret ending spoilers"--at that, I found this huge thread in the RPG board. It's funny when I think back at it. I wouldn't dream of being the moderator of that board in the coming months. I was quite an idiot back in the days ...

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

People on VGS were talking about how ****ty this place is and kept linking to it. Eventually, I just registered...

Posted by Xenos

Did you change your mind? :)

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Xenos]Did you change your mind? :)

Only because of DA.

I'm positive that's what he'll say.

Posted by Minesweeper

I joined because of the MegaMan board. I stayed for the Spam board... <<; As for why I'm STILL here, I haven't got a clue. O_o;

Posted by Shade

I googled Golden Sun III, in vain hopes of finding info (there wasn't any :() and this place came up, so I registered.

Posted by Jesse Smith

er...they forced me to join. :( er why did I made da site?? I was on crack one day and started making non-Nintendo sites, so I made a domain with a URL that could cover all video games, even the crummy non-Nintendo stuff. Hince vgchat.com - Video Game Chat. er you do chat about video games, right!!!! :D

Quoting VirtualRealityZone: told me that this was one of the only "alive" sites that had a virtual boy board.

And that's why we need to keep the 'dead' virtual boy board here!! :D It brings new members here!! :D

Posted by gundelhell_wielder

[COLOR="Black"]I joined because of the Megaman board.
And im staying here because of the Megaman board.[/COLOR]

Posted by Ant

Did a search to see which got more "____sucks" (GC,PS2, or XBOX) linked to a thread here, and wham. Here I am.

For the record Xbox won.

Posted by Zeta

I honestly don't know. Just accidentally stumbled onto VGC one day and said, "Hey, I think I'll join this place."

And that's the way it was.

Quoted post: Did you change your mind?

Whether this place sucks or not? Pretty much. I registered in May, posted maybe two times, agreed that this place was **** and didn't return until a a month or two later.

Quoted post:
Only because of DA.

I'm positive that's what he'll say.

Pretty sure it didn't even exist.

Posted by Kamek

Quoting Xenos: I was doing a search for Kingdom Hearts I "secret ending spoilers"--at that, I found this huge thread in the RPG board...

Guess who started that awesome thread ;).

I joined here because after the end of the WWW boards, and Strato and Jesse split ways or whatever went down, I just joined the next incarnation of what WoN would be. It's too bad you let the site die Jesse.

Posted by Zeta

[quote=Shade]I googled Golden Sun III, in vain hopes of finding info (there wasn't any ) and this place came up, so I registered.
You do realize it was just meant to be a two part thing, right? End of the second game the world is saved and everyone lives happily ever... Except Alex, or whatever that fags name was.

Posted by Zac

I joined to troll and to mass prune the posts and get super mods removed

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Zac: I joined to troll and to mass prune the posts and get super mods removed

Your doing a super awsome job. Keep at it and you'll have those nasty s.mods removed in no time;)

Posted by Shin-Ra

I was bored on spring break three years ago, felt like talking about RPGs -- especially the Final Fantasy series -- and ended up here as Pres.Shin-Ra-00.

Posted by Demonblade

boredom mostly...other than that i cant think of a real reason other than talking about a few games.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

I searched "Video Game Chat" on MSN's search sometime in the summer of 2002, and this site showed up first obviously. I posted a little, mostly in Playstation, then disappeared for a while. Got bored in the winter time of that year (November), so I came back. For some reason after that, it grew on me.

Posted by Dexter

I always used to come to the main site to look up NES game endings and various other things. I usually saw links saying something along the lines of 'talk about this game in the NES forum.' I don't think I knew what NES even meant. One day while reading about the game Willow for the NES I decided to come here and see what people were saying about it. As I was observing the NES discussions, I started learning a bunch of new things that I didn't know before. It somehow got me more into a gaming lifestyle and motivated me to play games more during a time when I was more into my four-wheeler and going out hunting (I don't hunt at all anymore). I finally decided to go through the process of registering and shortly after that I started posting.

I couldn't spell and wasn't grammatically correct at all when I first joined. Listen was "licine" and I was constantly substituting words I couldn't spell with smaller, easier words I knew. I wish I still had some of my older postings for I'm sure I would get quite a laugh out of them. I arrived at VGC during the cheese times. There were over 100 threads in the wacko forum with inside jokes about cheese. The Duckfather was a jerk, there was about two female posters, Jesse was ridiculous, Altinure actually posted and was here regularly, and Raptor was utterly unapproachable.

I learned so much from VGC. It got me into new music that I still enjoy today and really set my life in a different direction. I'm sure if I discovered VGC today I wouldn't really care about it, but I have a history here now. It is still changing my life. Thanks VGC! yay! ^_^

Posted by Trigger

I was bored and wanted a forum to post on, I suppose. The event wasn't remarkable enough to keep a memory of exactly how I found this place and why I decided to register.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Because Aesthari had information on FFX-2 that he wanted to discuss.

Posted by Teddy's Lady

I can't even remember now even though I dont post a lot I still read the site a lot

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Trigger: The event wasn't remarkable enough to keep a memory of exactly how I found this place and why I decided to register.

Something about The Offspring, me thinks.

Posted by Richaod

For the... probably fourth time, I joined because I was searching Google for pictures of the Samus Unmasked/Mario and Yoshi trophies in Super Smash Bros. Melee. VGC just happened to have those pictures in a thread, so I went there and joined. I'm not entirely sure why I'm still here, but it's somehow made a big impact on my life.

Posted by Poco

i was probably looking for video game hentai and this place came up.

But for the real reason, it was cool and funny at the time also Foppy D come back.

Posted by sabre

Quoting Trigger: I was bored and wanted a forum to post on, I suppose. The event wasn't remarkable enough to keep a memory of exactly how I found this place and why I decided to register.

You were searching for the word for a whale's penis, it was "dork." Your search for whale penises was fruitful, and it brought you to VGC.

Posted by Klarth

Fun fact of the day: A camel's penis is called a dude.

Posted by Demonblade

Quoting Klarth: Fun fact of the day: A camel's penis is called a dude.

As well as a pimple on a dogs ***.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I joined because I was linked here from a crap pokemon forum.

Posted by mis0

I was an avid WoNer, and decided to read some posts on the boards when the chats were slow. I thought Raptor and *Sango* were pretty cool, so I regestered.

Posted by sniper

I wanted to screw with coromoro, so I told him I would register and make a "_____ is a horrible poster" topic, using the username hack. I then proceded to make the topic "coromoro is a horrible poster", but thinking it was the username hack, coro came in and agreed with me. I just sort of stuck around after that.

Posted by Ch

Remember -Shadow-? Well I was over his house most of the summer 2 years ago when he used to come to this place constantly, and we'd laugh at the content in the Wacko Board. I just joined because he was here and because I found the Off-Topic boards funny. After he left this place I stayed.

Posted by Azure Wolf

I joined because my Linko mentioned it. I figured i'd check it out.
BTW, Chibi-kun. empty your ****ed PM box so I can reply...

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Vampiro: People on VGS were talking about how ****ty this place is and kept linking to it. Eventually, I just registered...

Oh, yeah? Well, VGS is, like, twice as ****ty! That'll learn 'em...

Anyway, four years ago, I was absolutely bonkers for the Zelda Power chatrooms... then came ZP's famous crash of '06 and I was without an internet community. I'd never go back to the MSN Gaming Zone, so I pulled up Yahoo! and search for exactly what I wanted to find: a "Video Game Chat." The first result wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but I figured out how forums worked easily enough, and the rest is history.

It's weird outdating so many people. >.O;

[quote=Azure Wolf]BTW, Chibi-kun. empty your ****ed PM box so I can reply...

Peh! Cheap 205 message limit...

Posted by The Judge

Ant was browsing the site while I was over. I asked what it was, and he simply responded "Join."

Fair enough.

Posted by Proto Man

I was bored and typed "Video Game Chat" in Google. Technically, I am not really "here" anymore because I stopped participating a long time ago already. I just come here to look at my blog, the tech, and NES boards. Plus there are still SOME good people here left.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I was bored in class in 10th grade, and the guy who sat next to me was like "dude, you should come sim battle here, its awesome." I said sure, so I made my username as what I wanted my character name to be, since I didnt know any better, and thats why Drax calls me Tetsuo to this day. Anyway, I got bored, and decided to just spam the **** out of the place. So I pm'd Jesse to change my name to Ultimate Spammer, and started spamming. Since the guy that introduced me was the mod of the sim board at the time (lol sup crono :cool: ), he warned the mods that there was an incoming wave of spam, and I ended up just chilling on the spam board (WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED?). I eventually spread out into most of the off topic areas. I never really got too into any of the game areas, though.

I also had a *****in' blog back on vb2, but thats neither here nor there.

Posted by Crazy K

I was bored I guess one day and went on to google and typed in Video Game chat to get a chat room for video games, then I ended up here. Great Story.

Quoted post: Oh, yeah? Well, VGS is, like, twice as ****ty! That'll learn 'em...

It sucks so bad it's DEAD LMAO!

Posted by Raptor

Because in 2001 Jesse unfortunately disposed of the wwwboards in favour of this crap.

I still haven't gotten over it. :bowser:

Posted by Xero

Quoting VirtualRealityZone: Why did I join?

Because I was looking for a game discussion website and thats where I ended. Liked it, stayed in it, flowers, happiness and all that shizit :D

Posted by mis0

Shizit? I think shizit is what you have on your face, son.

Posted by sabre

Quoting Linko_16: Peh! Cheap 205 message limit...
What the hell, you get 205?

Jesse always liked you best. :(

Posted by Xero

Quoting Misoxeny: Shizit? I think shizit is what you have on your face, son.

Can you land me a tissue plz? I wanna wipe the shizit off :P

Posted by Corrupt

Because I had nothing else to do on a Saturday morning, and I wanted to find a forum that I could really get involved in and get to know the member base. When I stumbled across this site, I noticed that it held quite a few discussions about video games, which was even more of a reason to join. So I joined as 'tehbowser.' *choke*

And also, I recall that [URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v23/mechasneasel/blingblangbowser.jpg"]this[/URL] picture was what linked me here when I was searching for Mario pictures on Google. Hah.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Corrupt:
And also, I recall that [URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v23/mechasneasel/blingblangbowser.jpg"]this[/URL] picture was what linked me here when I was searching for Mario pictures on Google. Hah.

Thats a funny way to find a forum...

Posted by Minesweeper

Quoting Lord of Spam: Anyway, I got bored, and decided to just spam the **** out of the place. So I pm'd Jesse to change my name to Ultimate Spammer, and started spamming.

Spammiekins. X3

Posted by Echo

Google was involved, and I think I was just searching for "video game chat". Thought it was neat, but sim-battle is what made me stay for a while (for a good year probably that's about the only place I posted). I've branched out since then, of course. Heck, I even finagled my way to a mod spot. :cool:

Posted by Mystic Hero

I googled something a while back about some game. Sure enough the link to this place popped up and I clicked it. I had nothing else better to do at the time either so I joined and well I guess I'm still here.

Posted by Philsdad

It was 1998, and I was trying to find the cursed necklace in Dragon Warrior I. I searched for it on Web Crawler and Alta Vista, found World Of Nintendo and the Dragon Warrior board, and became a WoNer. Several years later, I joined the VGC forms a few different times because I still knew some of the people here.

Posted by Jesse Smith

er where is Phil!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Red

I was looking for somethin envolving megaman and found a link to one of the threads then I realized it was an awsome site, and I've been a member ever since.

Posted by cas

Quoting Philsdad: It was 1998, and I was trying to find the cursed necklace in Dragon Warrior I. I searched for it on Web Crawler and Alta Vista, found World Of Nintendo and the Dragon Warrior board, and became a WoNer. Several years later, I joined the VGC forms a few different times because I still knew some of the people here.

Sounds a LOT like my history.

Only i was searching for the Golden Claw in DQ3remake on SNES and i didnt stay and socialize. I came back a while later and the boards became VGS, and soon later i became a mod. Then i became SMOD. Then i went mental. Then i came back. Then VGS died and i decided to come back here after 3 months of no vgs.

I stay because i am addicted to clicking.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting cas: I came back a while later and the boards became VGS, and soon later i became a mod. Then i became SMOD. Then i went mental. Then i came back. Then VGS died and i decided to come back here after 3 months of no vgs.

I stay because i am addicted to clicking.

Hey, Casmaster, try to get all your GamerBoards buddies over here!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Random

After somehow managing to stumble upon it, I chose to stay because I luv me Video Games.

Posted by GameMiestro

Because I googled "video game chat", and this was the first forum that showed up. I'm sure this is true for many other people, as well.

Posted by lameboyadvance

Quoting VirtualRealityZone: Why did I join?

I joined because my friend Krisse (vr32.de) referred me to this website and told me that this was one of the only "alive" sites that had a virtual boy board.
Kind of my story, except I believe I Googled (or back then, MetaCrawled) something along the lines of "virtual boy forum", and after a few slow/dead links (and vr32.de), came across this wonderous place. ;)

...The VB forum may not be as active as it once was, but its still more active than most. :D

Posted by PhlyntheKT

google trapped me here forever.

Posted by coromoro

I was searching for a place where I could share my thoughts and opinions on videogames, and VGC came along! :cool:

Posted by Hero'sCrest

It was recently actually, I had just finished both of the Kingdom Hearts and at that time I was very interested in them, that wore off...But anyways, I was researching about the second Kingdom Hearts secret ending. I got a link to here and ended up joining.

Posted by Arcadios

I googled "Kingdom Hearts 2 Secret Ending" after I got 100% on the Jiminy Journal and saw this website second on top so I click on it and saw how Velvet posted those pics and had to correct him but like all the other newbies on that thread I said that "That isn't one winged angel it's Riku's keyblade." and here I am now 2 months later and nearly 2,000 post of crap.

Posted by Celestial Flame

Mr.Nintendo suggested that I join and I like the place so far.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I was really ****in' bored and typed in "video game" (NOT "video game chat") in Google. About nine hundred thousand pages later I came to this site.

Posted by JonMB

I woke up. It was a bright day with a brisky care-free breeze. I said to myself, "What is the stupidest thing I can do today?"

So I joined VGChat.

In all seriousness, I had just started my Mario Kart web site, and was looking for some help moderating my forum. I also became a fairly active poster. I left the forum for a few years and just came back recently.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

I found WoN back in 1997 or so, linked on another videogame board such as N64CP or N64CC. So far it has outlasted all of them.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting ///Phantom: I found WoN back in 1997 or so, linked on another videogame board such as N64CP or N64CC.

I hosted n64CC's message board for awhile many moons ago.

Posted by NEMI

Actually I was looking some KH2 stuff and I arrived at this website,and I'm glad I did it, this is so much fun:-D!!!!!

Posted by Roxas Lover

Like a lot of people I joined because of the KH3 theory thread.

Posted by mis0

I was a WoNer back in 2000-1 and I decided to join the forums after coming back in 2003 and making the realization that the forums were much cooler than WoN.

Posted by Pit

Pokemon Bad Egg lol

Posted by Random

I Joined because Pit is Sexy, and I couldn't resist.

Posted by brownoystercult

i was at vgs. people were talking trash about this place. i decided to check it out and register cause the people looked friendlier here.

Posted by muffla

i was put on this planet to **** people off, this site just helps me do it by the masses

but really i got the site from a friend, liked it , and staied with it

Posted by Ayu

I joined for the same reason most other people did i was interested in the kh threads lol its on the top of the search list anyway so i came here first and decided to join

Posted by keyartist

Because its a flash web site full of fun bursting out of every hole you can think of.

Posted by ad_man63

Posting at Cheatplanet for the past few years has gotten a bit boring, so I decided to try posting somewhere new.

Posted by Klarth

Ah, Cheatplanet. All my friends used to frequent that place when we were like nine or ten.

Those days ****ing sucked.

Posted by Ultima Enigma

I actually Joined because of Jessie Smith. Yeah!? I was searching the net one day for Kingdom Hearts II Stuff, when I cam to this site ad at the top of the screen in Big Bold Letters Was Jessie Smiths Name. Well Moments later after having to tell my self "Hey Stupid *Blink already, It's never going to happen. You're name is never going to be Below his so snap out of it" I realized then that the only way I could be even nearly as cool as him, was to join the site and do my best to bring Fresh material. HEre I am Almost Five months later, 1 New alias (because Of security reasons) & about a millon new ideas under my belt later. I am still Hoping that One day I will atleast have a fraction of the freinds Jessie Smith Has.
"Praise B Jessie" HALA HALA HALA!" *LOL*

Posted by Arczu

Wow... I really wonder what made me come here... hmm...

Can't remember HOW long ago, but it was during vb2 and that RPG stuff on every post was popular. I think I found this place when Google spider-ered up a part of someone's post talking about SSX... can't remember all of it. I placed 25 posts the first day so I could get an avatar, then sparringly posted after that. I was only ever flamed once, and that was because I didn't know "Spliter Cell" was a game. Such funn...

Shoot... I remember how funny everything was back then... before the "Wins" and the other bandwagony stuff.

Posted by cas

I came here because VGS died, GN died and I had no where else to go.

And the drama. <3 drama

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Ultima Enigma: I realized then that the only way I could be even nearly as cool as him

Dude, make a thread/poll on the Flame Board asking if I'm cool. Every one else will quickly bring you to reality!!!! Not a single person here will say I'm cool!! I'm really annoying!! Just ask The Judge.

Quoting Ultima Enigma: I am still Hoping that One day I will atleast have a fraction of the freinds Jessie Smith Has.

er...have you seen [url=http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=14841]this thread[/url]??!!

Posted by mis0

Quoting Jesse Smith: Dude, make a thread/poll on the Flame Board asking if I'm cool. Every one else will quickly bring you to reality!!!! Not a single person here will say I'm cool!! I'm really annoying!! Just ask The Judge.

er...have you seen [url=http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=14841]this thread[/url]??!!

Though seemingly unintentional, you just burned the poor kid really badly. WTG, Jessie. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Quoted post: And the drama. <3 drama

and yet, you post so rarely. for shame.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Bah!! Well, I don't want the cool kid to think I'm cool!!! You all know I'm not!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by KoH

Lonely. Sadly also because of a girl here. Forgot which though. It was a strange time for me, you know, 13 years old, that's when the weirdest **** happens. Oh, and the Flame board. Back in the day, that place was fun.

Posted by jefferey shalome

To quote the song by JohNNy SiZZle "I'm a nerd I'm a nerd I'm a nerd I'm a nerd
I'm a nerd..... I'm a nerd" Plus the assorted chit chat about video games and the like is quite fun!

Posted by cas

Quoting Emperor Vampiro: and yet, you post so rarely. for shame.

For the last month I was up north, making my own real life drama situations. Living in a motel in the heart of "hookerville", not meeting anyone who wasnt on drugs and almost getting myself killed.

Ah, good times. :D

Posted by Klarth

Quoting cas: I came here because VGS died, GN died and I had no where else to go.

And the drama. <3 drama

GN died? I don't know whether to celebrate or weep.

Posted by Red

when finding this website on a search engine I couldn't stop coming back to it.

Quoted post: GN died? I don't know whether to celebrate or weep.

Quite awhile ago, if I recall correctly. Whatever you do, you're doing it way too late.

cas: where exactly up North did you go? Because I've never been anywhere that bad whenever I go up north.

Posted by cas

Quoting Emperor Vampiro: Quite awhile ago, if I recall correctly. Whatever you do, you're doing it way too late.

Before Christmas to be specific, because, and i quote "lol, ian poor". We now live at NGSAM.

Quoting Emperor Vampiro:
cas: where exactly up North did you go? Because I've never been anywhere that bad whenever I go up north.

Prince George for 2, then Smithers for 2. Maybe not everyone is on drugs. I didnt really meet too many people, but the ones i did liked the coke. Girls having angry/crazy/jealous male friends/aquaintances made life dangerous. Our motel was in a seedy area too. There was a crackshack across the street and many prosties coming around at night.

Smithers was different since coworker lived there and pointed out stuff. Such as the pizza delivery girl being a nasty crackhead, the pub waitress was "nasty and old"(only 23 and imo quite hot. 8+ easy)...

Oh, ok. Yeah. I've never been that far out west before. Though I recognize the same Smithers... think I have a cousin out there.

Posted by Jonnymovgamer

I was looking for another site to join, and Qbsd (he doesn't post much here) told me about this site, so I registered.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

I was over at another forum, and got linked to VGC. The rest is history.

Posted by NeXidala

because its funy to see the ppl flame off about each other!! lmao o yea and i was look up sum info on a certain game (can u guess which one?) and this site was at the very top of the google list so i started to read through the posts and i decided to join :-D

Posted by Klarth

I'm pretty sure your signature is giving me brain damage.

Posted by Jesse Smith

[QUOTE=cas]GN died

I'm so sorry to here that!! My heart goes out to JLC!! :D:D:D

Are there ANY message boards left that were made by some one that apostisized from VGChat??!!! :D:D:D

And don't give me that dead Wire site!!! :D:D:D

Posted by Colonel

I joined VGC because i wanted to know what was going on in the video gaming world, and because my friend Ryan (User Mr.Red) and my brother (User Nich) said it was sa great way to have fun with other people, and have a chuckle once and a while.

Posted by Arczu

Quoting KoH: ...The Flame board. Back in the day, that place was fun.
Quoted for Quoto-matonic truth.

Flames were tossed left and right with GIANT posts quoting pieces of another post to get every bit attacked... it was like some sort of proximity mine to go in there, dare ya post either.

Posted by misogenie

[COLOR="Cyan"]Christians pray for everyone. It's no accident that I join. Our Lord Jesus guided me here to express my thoughts. Christians believe that spiritually we are all brothers and sisters even if we are not related. Christians believe that Satan will try to block their prayers from reaching our Lord therefore making failure in our day-to-day living a real problem, such as finances and job skills. [/COLOR]

Posted by Ant

Everything this guy says is mindblowing.

Posted by Jesse Smith

It looks like he's just been converted!! His other posts show no sign of being about Christians.

Posted by JonMB

Hmm, okay then...

Jesus has guided me to remind you to not be too outspoken, which will annoy everyone, and push people away from the faith. Rather, you should live your life like the Lord Jesus, and people will wonder what makes you so great. Then the time will come to gently share your truth.

;)

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Satan told me to come and tell people to shut the **** up. He gave me the power to block prayers, even intercept them and turn them against you. Man, you guys pray for stupid ****. "Go to VGChat.com" he said.

Bestiality and Sodomy 4lyfe!

This is how I came to VGC.

Posted by JonMB

I believe him. Actually, the *** in the Bible is actually Satan. Satan has convinced everyone that the good *** is the one who is jealous, gets angry, kills babies, etc. And he's convinced us that the one who taught us about good and evil is the bad one, even though it was the true *** giving us a choice to get out of Satan's control.

HUH?! ;)

I'm just playing. Perhaps. Or the Bible could be the best tool Satan has! GASP!

Posted by GameMiestro

Honestly, I wanted help on Pokemon Sapphire. I used to post here 2 years prior to that, but I used to post everywhere then too. I came back in 2003 because Game Talk sucks.

Posted by Echo

Quoting misogenie: [COLOR="Cyan"]Christians believe that Satan will try to block their prayers from reaching our Lord [/COLOR]

News to me. And being a Christian myself, I figured I might know about something like that. *shrug*

Posted by jas11

I joined VGC because my friend, Roxas Lover, suggested it and I tried it and I enjoyed it, so here I am.

Posted by Breakman

I joined VGC because in 1999 I was new to the internet and finally found a really rad video game site with a community / interaction section (the unofficial world of nintendo!!!!!!!) and by 2000 I was actively chatting in the chatrooms as "Metal Mario". I didn't really mess with the forums much until they changed to phbb or whatever you call it style instead of the old text style I wasn't a fan of; I joined in April 2001 (i want to say April 2000, but according to archive.org WoN didn't move out of text boards till later) as "Sandslash", then a month later changed it to "Breakman". I've stuck around VGC every now and then since, as you can see after the last user-wipe I didn't register for awhile though (mid-2004) and haven't made too many posts since then. I mainly hung out at VGS after the two boards split in late 2001, though aside from the actual userbase VGC has always felt more like the original boards, and is the half that stayed connected to the "World of Nintendo" site, so sometime I wish I were more active here in the past few years seeing as those early-2000 times I had here were just insanely fun.

Posted by WackoHater2

Jesus gueded me herr so i cna spel wrung n annoy Klrath.

But on a serious note, I just joined because I had nothing better to do over the summer. I'm glad I joined.

Posted by Klarth

We're not! :D

I joined to fag up the Animal Crossing board and couldn't understand why my threads kept getting locked. Rather than getting an actual reasonable response to my "NES Game Trading Post" thread, I simply got "someone lock this!" from Darklink and "Okay!" from Linkman I think. In November I actually started posting in the OT boards.

Posted by Last Fog

I joined because of the name of this forum. Its misleading.

Posted by G-Sides

vgc was cheatcc's site of the month in july, so many years ago. if i recall, i'm pretty sure big boss and a few other members came over from cheatcc, too.

Posted by Alastor

Because I have no friends.

Posted by Kit

I joined when I got the internet for the 2nd time, after about 6 years of no internet. I was 13, I wasn't too good at posting, not worst ever but not exactly brilliant. I think I searched for a chat room to talk about games with people, and came accross this. I knew this wasn't a chat room, but I didn't actually know what a forum was. So when I joined, I just tried to post like the other members. And some going offlines and getting boreds and stuff, I was offline for a while, and came back some months later. I think I left August 05 and came back June 06.