12 step recovery program for the industry

Posted by Speedfreak

"At this week

Posted by Fate

The problem with high-profile celebs is that they've only played Pac Man or something.

And I am VERY proud.
:mad:

Posted by Decado

Actually a few mags have been doing this for a while (talking to celebs about games), a lot of bands play games like pro eva and GT while they're on tour. keeps em occupied on the bus between gigs.

Posted by GameMiestro

The industry needs a recovery program?

Posted by Decado

Well its bigger than the music industry. I think he means to capitalise.

More games are sold than albums, but there are about 25 music channels, and maybe 1 computer game one, at most.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Games are about interractivity though, decado. Watching a music video for one of your favorite songs/genres of music can be somewhat more exciting than simply listening to it on your drive to work, but there's only so much television that can be made about video games.

Posted by Decado

Watching video games can also be fun though. I know I personally wouldnt mind getting to watch this years CPL final on TV.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Speedfreak: 5. Preach moderation and promote good parenting. Remind parents moderation in all things, including videogames, is important. You're responsible as parents to oversee this.

Thank you. I'm tired of this "We're too dumb to remove games with harmful influences from our household and teach our kids to respect life and all its wonders, so just remove games from the world altogether."

Posted by MicroSony

That list was a great read