Xmen Legends battling for the MLB pennant in the Colossus' Shadow

Posted by rockinrocket

Ok... I gotta gripe. I've been playing X-Men Legends and hoping, yes hoping like a loyal comic book fan, that it is going to get better, but it just isn't for me. i find it neat but it doesn't go anywhere. Maybe it's me... maybe I am asking too much?

So, I know this is odd, but I've moved onto MLB 06 The Show. i bet I just threw you all for a curve... ball, HA! I gotta admit, I find it incredible. The game is consitently challenging, but it provides you all sorts of mini-games to improve your skills. i love it. Anyone else playing MLB 06 The Show?

Finally, i am thinking about abandoning X-Men Legends for Shadow of the Colossus. Does that eject me from the fan club?

So I'd liek to hear your opinions on MLB 06 The Show and Shadow of the Colossus. In need. Thanks!

Posted by bazariah

you should play x-men legends all the way through, it's a great game and well worth the play-through

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting rockinrocket: Ok... I gotta gripe. I've been playing X-Men Legends and hoping, yes hoping like a loyal comic book fan, that it is going to get better, but it just isn't for me. i find it neat but it doesn't go anywhere. Maybe it's me... maybe I am asking too much?

So, I know this is odd, but I've moved onto MLB 06 The Show. i bet I just threw you all for a curve... ball, HA! I gotta admit, I find it incredible. The game is consitently challenging, but it provides you all sorts of mini-games to improve your skills. i love it. Anyone else playing MLB 06 The Show?

Finally, i am thinking about abandoning X-Men Legends for Shadow of the Colossus. Does that eject me from the fan club?

So I'd liek to hear your opinions on MLB 06 The Show and Shadow of the Colossus. In need. Thanks!

You may be asking for too much. Here's the thing with me and Legends. Everyone has told me it's a much better game when you play with others, but I found myself liking it more when I played by myself. Plus, you need to be in the mood for it. When I first got it, I played the first few levels and then got too bored to go on. It took House of M to make me want to play Legends from start to finish, and I did have a lot more fun with it.

As for MLB The Show, it's been getting very solid reviews, which means Sony's 989 Sports are finally making the same quality baseball games as they did for the PlayStation days. However, I'm waiting until 2K comes out with their title before I make my choice, as I want to get the best baseball game this season.

And nobody will blame you for leaving any game to play Shadow of the Colossus.

Posted by rockinrocket

I just saw that Gamespot. com rated MLB 06 The Show a 9.0 for Playstation 2 and 8.6 for the PSP. That's pretty impressive.

What type of special features and mini-games does 2K come with?

I've been spending a lot of time playing "King of the Diamond," which is a pitcher vs. batter set-up. It has improoved my performance in my season games immensely.

(PS-Thanks for alleviating my guilt concerning Colossus)