New tattoo

Posted by Demonblade

Sup people...im thinking about getting another tattoo but i just havent found a design that i like enough to get inscribed upon my flesh. So far this is the only one i have...

[IMG]http://myspace-735.vo.llnwd.net/00155/53/70/155290735_l.jpg[/IMG]

Ive been considering getting a maltese cross..perhaps a black one. Im neither religious nor racist (confused with "Iron Cross" which is actually the one i prefer) so i dont want people to get the wrong impression. Anyhow, if you guys have pics of any suggestions...it would be much appreciated.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Try getting a tribal armband. I hear those are really cool.

Also, picture board get?

Posted by Dragner

If your going to get a another tattoo it should be something or someone that means a lot to you. Think about things in your life you enjoy most and get something of that.

Posted by Dog

get a huge snake tattoo. that would be so sick.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Shdig: get a huge snake tattoo. that would be so sick.

**** that, get a picture of Snake. Now that would be sick:cool:

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Wow, the tattoo you currently have is pretty ****ty. I'm fairly positive I've seen it on 23 different people.

Get a heart with a knife stuck in it and a blood drop haning off of the end.

Posted by MetalVox~55

The correct anwser for this thread is "Petunia" on your left forearm. When you wiggle her, she dances.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

It's completely meanigful without having any specific meaning, congratulations!

Myself, I'm going to have an apostrophe with a heart inside it done inside the crook of my left arm. I know that's not really the point of the thread, but make sure it's something personal to you, man.

Quoted post: Myself, I'm going to have an apostrophe with a heart inside it done inside the crook of my left arm.

You love grammar?

Darn tootin'.

Although perhaps an apostrophe with a swasitka in it would be more appropriate.

That's beautiful.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/willeth/grammarnazi.jpg[/IMG]

Look, I took it too far!

Looks like a nine. It stopped making sense.

Ah, well. Fun while it lasted.

Posted by Demonblade

im going to sue my tattoo artist. nowhere in that book that i chose my tattoo out of was a disclaimer that read "Warning: A canadian dude named Vamp is going to criticize this tattoo, for he has seen 23 other people with it...thus making it sucky".

See, there's your problem. You chose your tattoo out of a widely commercially available book.

Way to express your individuality.

Posted by Demonblade

i was just kidding about the book. I knew i wanted a yin yang...so i googled yin yang and this is what it liked the most after a few months of consideration. Unfortunately for me...its a widely popular design...but oh well, i like it. The pain from a tattoo is unique and very enjoyable...so i really want to get another.

Okay, whoa. You defend yourself by saying you didn't get it out of a book, then proceed to say you found it on Google?

Design your own, man.

Or, better yet, get me to design one for you. No charge!

Posted by Demonblade

hmm perhaps i will take you up on that offer...once i get a few ideas. If not at the very least design my own...its a littly bit more costly, but seeing how it is forever drawn on my flesh...cost really shouldnt be an issue.

Well how about some Japanese-esque characters? I've just knocked up a quick design, but I can change the font to whatever style you want.

Posted by Demonblade

hmm...ive actually been considering getting some kanji, so yeah...that could very well be an option.

Well then, how's this:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/willeth/kanjitat.jpg[/IMG]

It's not strictly kanji, or katakana, or anything, but imagine that on display on your left forearm, or something. Awesome.

Posted by Demonblade

yeah...that is pretty awesome...whats it say? or does it say anything? either way it looks pretty cool

It doesn't really mean a huge amount - it's kinda hard to translate into understandable terms, but it's to do with fluidity and impermanence, connecting in with Taoist dogma and the equilibrium of the yin/yang you have on your right arm. I think it fits your personality, really.

Posted by Demonblade

thats very interesting...i certainly like the design...and after thinking about it...if i were to get it, id probably have it done on the inner part of my right arm...on the flipside of the yin/yang.

That's a damn good idea. Get it done post haste, and show us the photos. :)

I'm excited. Someone's getting one of my designs as a tattoo! Yay!

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting Demonblade: hmm perhaps i will take you up on that offer...once i get a few ideas. If not at the very least design my own...its a littly bit more costly, but seeing how it is forever drawn on my flesh...cost really shouldnt be an issue.

i "designed" each of my own tats. went in with a shltty drawing (since i cant even draw a straight line with a rule) and my artist fixed it up so it didnt look like poo on my body. maybe i just get a discount since my ex had over 10 done by the same guy within a year, but i dont think any of my tats were any more expensive than a flash one would have been. its not about who draws it, its about the size, complexity, and colors that make up the cost

and um, if you turn your head sideways, you can definitely make out what the design wings showed you actually says... unless im seeing things that arnt there or it wasnt intentional, or you were being sarcastic that you couldnt tell and now im a dolt for pointing it out

Posted by Ant

I say get a crying clown on your chest. So when you are having some hardcore sex and the chick rips off your shirt and sees that you'll all like "ALLLLLLLRIGHT!"

Posted by Demonblade

haha...****it NES...you ruined it. I was going to print it out and have the guy that did my last tattoo make the "ink template"...put in on my skin...take a picture and post it here. And then when i get made fun of for getting a tattoo that says "I suck"...post a picture of me washing it off. But yeah...im by no means a good artist, ill leave that up to the tattoo artist...just gotta find what i want.

Posted by Lord of Spam

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/penguinbob/kanjitat.jpg[/IMG]

Look familiar?

Moron.

Seriously, if you arent going to put effort into getting something that means something meaningful and personal, then dont ****ing bother. OTehrwise, you end up with the word for tree or something stupid branded on you in a language that you cant read. OR, even better, with permanent proof of your suckitude.

Posted by Demonblade

ok...i was joking about getting the tattoo. Ive seen that picture before...and if you read my previous post...you would notice i said i knew it said "I suck". Honestly...do you think i would just magically decide that this is the tattoo i want right here after 5 minutes of contemplation...please...im dumb i admit, but not that dumb. It would have been a practical joke on wings...but unfortuantely NES queen ruined it..oh well.

Posted by Lord of Spam

You got your post in while I was making mine:P

And yes, I do think people can be that stupid. Hell, trusting someone you dont know to write in a foreign language that you dont know on your body is pretty **** dumb.

Posted by Demonblade

I agree...very dumb indeed. precisely why i would never get another language tattoo'd on my body, unless i know that the person who writes it for me is well versed in speaking and writing it...and has no motivation for writing something like "I suck d!ck for dog pussy" just because the secretly hate me.

I dont plan on actually getting a tattoo until this summer because with all the spring breakers down here right now...prices have skyrocketed...so i have time to find something meaningful that i like.

Quoting Demonblade: Ive seen that picture before...

This is proof that you're a dirty liar.

Posted by Demonblade

If its not that exact one...its one very similar. Its been done before...ive seen ones that said "i suck" (obviously)..."slut"...and my friend scored a hat from goodwill that said "Go f*ck yourself".

Well that one, I drew from scratch myself. See, my effort into this was rather unyielding.

But yeah, I'm just angry because it would have royally backfired on me. You have gained some respect.

You'll lose it very quickly if you don't learn to speak English, though.

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting Demonblade: I agree...very dumb indeed. precisely why i would never get another language tattoo'd on my body, unless i know that the person who writes it for me is well versed in speaking and writing it...and has no motivation for writing something like "I suck d!ck for dog pussy" just because the secretly hate me.

why on earth would you even get any language (whether the artist claimed to be well versed or not) that you yourself didnt speak or understand? where is the meaning for you, the person who's body its going on?

[quote]I dont plan on actually getting a tattoo until this summer because with all the spring breakers down here right now...prices have skyrocketed...so i have time to find something meaningful that i like.

the worst time of year to get new ink is during the summer. when its hot, and sweaty, and sunny.... makes it harder to heal and easier to fade, leaving you with a crappier tat

Posted by Demonblade

uh-oh. Whats wrong with my english? Its the only language i know how to speak, and if i cant speak that...well then im doomed.

And quite true NES, but because i live in florida, i dont have much choice.

Quoting NES Queen: the worst time of year to get new ink is during the summer. when its hot, and sweaty, and sunny.... makes it harder to heal and easier to fade, leaving you with a crappier tat

I shall bear this in mind. Christmas present to myself it is!

Although it's not like we ever get hot weather over here anyway.

Posted by Demonblade

I didnt take care of my last tat too well during the healing process. Plus i swam a few times in the ocean which certainly didnt help matters at all...so in the end, it came out a little faded.

Posted by NES Queen

a little? maybe its just a bad photo but it looks like you got it 20 years ago. dont know if it was intentional, but the black near the fire isnt even solid and the red definitely needs touching up.

granted, color fades faster than plain black, but heres my arm peice after i [URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/ecoli742/Picture107.jpg"]first got it[/URL]and how it looks as of [URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/ecoli742/a3222942.jpg"]5mins ago[/URL]. if anything, it looks better now imo whereas with yours....

Posted by Demonblade

Yeah...mine certainly experienced its fair share of fading...unfortunately im going to have to get it filled in again...but that camera does make it look worse than it actually is. yours on the other hand, i agree...the second picture does seem to look better.

Posted by Dog

Quoting Roger Smith: **** that, get a picture of Snake. Now that would be sick:cool:
thats what i meant.

No it wasn't

Posted by Ant

Crying clown...

Posted by Lord of Spam

If you're going to get ANY sort of snake, have it be on a plane.

Posted by Klarth

Dead puppy.

Posted by Demonblade

Quoting Klarth: Dead puppy.

that reminds me of a song called "Dead Puppies"

Posted by Ant

I see no connection.

If none of those choices are to your fancy perhaps a Cool Rat would be to your liking. It would have sun glasses and dress like a black guy. Right on your chest. The whole heat of the moment ripping off the shirt etc.

Posted by Demonblade

a rat? hmm...if i got any rat...it would have to be Splinter.

Posted by NES Queen

i think you should get this Ratt tattooed instead. and then walk around in spandex all day long
[IMG]http://simla.colostate.edu/~jsoliver/ratt%20copy.gif[/IMG]

Posted by Demonblade

good god...you just took 'rat' to a whole nother dimension. didnt even consider thinking of the band

Posted by d2eux

sweet