Man pays $2500 for Sonic X-Treme demo

Posted by Klarth

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2006/3/5/3064

Whoa. O_o Apparently it's the only copy in existence, and this guy just paid over $2000 for a single level of an ancient game. Hardcore.

Posted by Ant

Interesting, I've never even heard of the game before.

But I can see why they canned it, the Saturn was a very dead system.

Posted by Roger Smith

Something broke.

Working on it

This page brought to you by the number 48721.

Page blowed up.

Posted by Dog

sounds like somthing i would do.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Roger Smith: Something broke.

Working on it

This page brought to you by the number 48721.

Page blowed up.

Works now. Must've been due to the crazy amount of traffic the site was getting after being linked to from Digg.

Posted by Roger Smith

Wow, that's rad.

I ran into a guy working at Albertsons, which is a supermarket. He had a limited editon Sonic leather jacket, and I asked him about it. He said he won it in an onilne contest and that it's one of the very few left around. I was liike.....daaaang!

Posted by GameMiestro

I want this game. I really do.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Neat, but theres got to be more than one copy.

Posted by Zeta

I think I've heard of this game somewhere. Wasn't Sega of America making this, and then Sega of Japan was all like "**** no!", and made SoA quit developing it?

Posted by CS Ryan

This guy has to be either a Sonic super-freak, or had just won the lottery and has no idea what to spend the money on.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Quoting somewhat117: This guy has to be either a Sonic super-freak, or had just won the lottery and has no idea what to spend the money on.

You think thats crazy? Some people bid WAY more than that on nintendo virtual boy stuff.

I wish I was rich...:D

Posted by inequity

If you wondering about this game, read about it here.

[URL="http://www.lostlevels.org/200403/200403-xtreme.shtml"]http://www.lostlevels.org/200403/200403-xtreme.shtml[/URL]

Posted by ShiroiHikari

whoa @.@! It is true, there was only one copy! Sega threw away all the E3 demo's they had there!

And i was curious about the virtual boy stuff.. cuz i have all 6 american games. (the system broke long ago however)... found out the system was only going for $30 or so... and the games were like.. $2... VirtualRealityZone got my hopes up :(

Posted by Boner

Quoting VirtualRealityZone: You think thats crazy? Some people bid WAY more than that on nintendo virtual boy stuff.

You mean like me with half of my VB collection? haha. I think I have at least $2,500 invested in my collection. And I know it's worth even more than that. The most I have spent on any one game cart is about $850 on Virtual Bowling. This thread makes me want to go play it. And, me thinks me shall!

Sometimes, people feel it's worth it to spend that much just to own some rare, obscure piece of gaming history. It can even become an addiction.

Posted by Sparkle the hedgehog

I happen to own a game demo.Some crazy dude gave it to me.he was all "Here,take it!!!It`s driving me crazy!!"And he freaked out!!