New Star Wars TV series

Posted by Klarth

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/694/694283p1.html

Fall 2007 and cgi. Discuss

Posted by basterd

ok is this going to be anything like the cartoons on cartoonnetwork or something diffrent?

Posted by Lord of Spam

Not interested, nor will I watch it.

Considering that he didnt even really mean to make such a success out of Star Wars and has been quoted as wishing it didnt happen, I dont think that he has his fans in mind, which means that I have no faith that he will make this series any good at all.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

They're actually making this? Hahahaha.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Yet another reason why Firefly has surpassed Star Wars in the pantheon of nerdliness.

Posted by maian

Well, it could be interesting, but, who knows. I'm a huge Star Wars nerd, so I'll love it, or I'll hate it. It also much depends on the content. I'd love to see all the events of the Clone Wars in good CGI animation. Not just like, 2 weeks of it like in the animated one.

Another interesting possibility is showing what happened between III and IV, or what happened after VI.

EDIT: [quote]That show, which is to be set during the Clone Wars, should begin airing in the fall of 2007.

The second series, a live-action show, will be composed of one-hour episodes, with 100 hours of story initially charted. The story takes place after Revenge of the Sith but before A New Hope. No timeframe for production or airing has been officially mentioned yet.

Okay, so it could be interesting, assuming the animation is high calibur. I don't even know what to say about a live action one.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: or what happened after VI.

Read the books.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

I heard about them making this series a while back. Frankly, I think it'll suck. I may watch a few episodes to see though.

Posted by The Champ Fan

I Can'y Wait Until The Show Starts

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Vampiro: Read the books.

I read almost all fo them back in the day, before Episode one made me start to lose my repsect for it.

Posted by Ant

I have a feeling it'll be good :/

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Lord of Spam: I read almost all fo them back in the day, before Episode one made me start to lose my repsect for it.

Yeah because clone Emperors, clone Lukes, and a mysteriously invincible space-entity who killed off Chewbacca were all really good ideas compared to the prequel trilogy.

:o

[SIZE="1"](I actually do enjoy the EU to quite a large extent, but to say that my respect for the series was not somewhat bashed by the ideas in some novels would be a lie. Thrawn ftw.)[/SIZE]