Firefox 2.0

Posted by Klarth

Coming out in two or three days.

[url=http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox2/StatusMeetings/2006-03-07#Alpha_1_Status]Linky.[/url]

Posted by gamerz

No thanks. I didn't like the first one so I doubt I'll like firefox 2. Anyways, it sounds too much like starfox 2 which turned out to be a failure.

Posted by Klarth

You are an idiot for drawing such a comparison and making a blanket statement.

Posted by Roger Smith

Looks like this will be good improvment over the original.

I look forward to it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Looks good.

Posted by JonMB

Quoting Klarth: You are an idiot for drawing such a comparison and making a blanket statement.

Unless he was just joking. :D

I look forward to it. I enjoy my Firefox 1.5 much more than IE and would like to see even more improvements.

Posted by Trigger

I'll probably wait until support for my current extensions and themes is released for version 2.0 before I upgrade to it. Good to know that they're still coming with the new releases, though.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting JonMB: Unless he was just joking. :D

Trust me, he wasn't joking. That post reeks of pure idiocy.

Plus, he sorta has a rep around here for being...well dumb.

Posted by Monkey-paw

nice improvement i use firefox but the crap thing about it is it uses quicktime to play flash files and crashes lol i need to sort it out

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Monkey-paw]t uses quicktime to play flash files
Explain.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=Klarth]Explain.
Forgive him, he's stupid and has no idea what he's talking about.

Posted by Roger Smith

In other words, he's too stupid to install Quicktime on his computer.

If you don't have Quicktime, FF can't play QT files.

Posted by Trigger

He refered to flash files, not Quick Time files; Quick Time is required on any browser too, not just Firefox. He's a moron in either light.

Posted by Arczu

Looks fine... yeah...

Soo... what's up with Firefox being turned green every time it is said?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Soo... what's up with Firefox being turned green every time it is said?

... wah?

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

x2

Posted by Klarth

I'm guessing he found the thread through VGC's search function, and Firefox was his query.

Silly Arczu.

Posted by Arczu

Oh... I didn't know that... lol I was searching for those tweaks you make in Firefox to make it faster; running into this thread.

Hah... neat.

But is 2.0 worth it? When my brother installed 1.5, Firefox along with Adblock and all sorts of extensions went haywire (and forced me to shut it down via CTRL+ALT+DEL all the time... or a new window wouldn't open).