Coheed and Cambria

Posted by Altinure

Does anyone like them? I bought their second CD a few years ago, and I only like a few songs on it. I've been learning their songs on the guitar, and their music is really starting to grow on me. A lot.

and omg 'the suffering' is one of the coolest songs to play on guitar ever srsly. It gives me goosebumps when I play it. I think that song has some of the best executed guitar ever. I know it's nothing virtuostic or anything (obviously since I handle the song with ease), but it just sounds sooooo amazing.

Posted by Altinure

Oh man, and "Three Evils" and "Favor House Atlantic" and "Blood Red Summer" are also really fun to play. I loooooove lead guitar in the post-chorusy thing where it goes "Bye bye beautiful" etc. So awesome. It makes me feel really good at guitar because it's so fast.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I really dislike their older album, but oddly enough, I find their newest (Good Apollo...) pretty enjoyable. There's still a few songs that annoy me, but I actually like the majority of the album. It's a bit more "epic" and mature, with some really good beats and fairly good riffs.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Hate this band.

Posted by Lord of Spam

[url=http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=3619]I get my opinion form the internet![/url]

In all seriousness, though, I havent heard a sinlge song by them in which I was able to no be ****ed off. Hell, I refused to believe that they had a guy as a lead singer until someone showed me a picture of the guy.:/

Posted by basterd

lol. As most people say about the lead, Grow some balls and cut your hair you dirty mexican poser.

Posted by Klarth

I've been thinking about checking them out for a long time. Their newest album (can't remember what it's called, it had a huge "IV" on the cover) is only £10 at HMV, and I've had a few people tell me it's good. And plus, they have a song called 2113. <3

Posted by Lord of Spam

Crack is also cheap, and it would probably be more fun.

That doesnt mean you should smoke it, though.:/

Posted by Klarth

Psst.

Personal preference.

Posted by Lord of Spam

YOU DONT SAY!

If you've heard their stuff and enjoy it, then go for it. If you havent heard any of it and are just being told be people to listen to it, then you might want to read that article I linked to. It's a joking article, but its not entirely untrue.:/

Posted by Pit

Quoting Klarth:

Personal preference.

Personal preference? Gee, what's that!?

Posted by Lord of Spam

Besides, if you're going to hide behind personal preference then you cant say that LP is bad cuz LOL ITS A PERSONAL PREFERENCE. Same with slipkorn of a down and all those other bands that hte music board seems to love making fun of.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Uhhhhh...no.

Posted by Altinure

I actually like their third album the best. Their first two were more dark and screamo at times.

Quoted post: If you've heard their stuff and enjoy it, then go for it. If you havent heard any of it and are just being told be people to listen to it, then you might want to read that article I linked to. It's a joking article, but its not entirely untrue.:/

So instead of listening to your friends, you should listen to some random article? Brilliant.

Quoted post: Besides, if you're going to hide behind personal preference then you cant say that LP is bad cuz LOL ITS A PERSONAL PREFERENCE. Same with slipkorn of a down and all those other bands that hte music board seems to love making fun of.

You don't hide behind personal preference. It's just something you enjoy. It's not an excuse or a cop-out, it's just what you like, even if no one else agrees.

Quoted post:
I've been thinking about checking them out for a long time. Their newest album (can't remember what it's called, it had a huge "IV" on the cover) is only £10 at HMV, and I've had a few people tell me it's good. And plus, they have a song called 2113. <3

Just download it. Especially if you're not sure if you'll enjoy it. Personally, I did. It has good guitar-work, decent drumming, and the vocals are a bit more moody, rather than annoying.

Posted by Klarth

I listened to "Delirium Trigger" and enjoyed it. Still, I refuse to believe it's a man singing.

Quoted post: Still, I refuse to believe it's a man singing.

Though it doesn't sound like female vocals. Thus, I have come to the conclusion it is neither man nor woman.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I have absolutely no idea what song it was I heard by them, but I really enjoyed it. It was one of the most upbeat songs I've heard in a while! Hey, if a band can accomplish this without coming off as annoying, go for it.

Posted by Altinure

If it was recently, it was probably "The Suffering." That is their current single. It's not popular or anything though, really. If it was a while ago, it was probably "Favor House Atlantic." That's been their only popular song, really, and it was released two years ago or so.

Posted by Demonblade

im not a fan by any stretch of the imagination. I wish the lead singer would actually sing like he had a pair, but i feel like i'll have no luck in that department. As for whatever song it is that is always on the radio...at first i hated it, and now its grown on me to the point where i can actually stand it and somewhat enjoy it.

Posted by NightmareBassX

I actually like this band quite alot now. I used to sort of mock them, Like I do Ramstein now, but when I heard a song from my friends CD player, I had him burn it for me. It was from the 4th CD (Good Apollo, I'm a burning star IV; Fear through the eyes of Madness)

This is a link to the song, The song name is Welcome home.
[URL="http://coheedandcambria.com/"]http://coheedandcambria.com/[/URL]
Just let the music play, Im pretty sure it will always start playing this in the beginning.

At first, its easy to make an opinion and say that you hate the band or dislike them because of the vocals, But IMO it ends up sounding great, and its probably something you have to listen to yourself, before you judge.

I actually wish they didn't cut out some parts and make a video of this song, Because I like songs when they are not really known, but great.

Posted by Richaod

[QUOTE=Klarth]I've been thinking about checking them out for a long time. Their newest album (can't remember what it's called, it had a huge "IV" on the cover) is only

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Richaod: Check out the song Welcome Home.

There you go, that's the song I heard.

Posted by Klarth

If anyone could point me in the direction of a place to stream it I'm all for it.

Posted by Klarth

Listening to "Welcome Home" right now... I love it. Thanks for the recommendation, Alt/everyone. :D

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

"Welcome Home" is in my opinion a good song. I like the intro :D.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Klarth: Listening to "Welcome Home" right now... I love it. Thanks for the recommendation, Alt/everyone. :D

Yeah, thats my favorite song by them, and will continue to be. Its the one song that made me get interested into them.

Posted by Kaise Suratu

Coheed and Cambria
Myspace official home page
http://www.myspace.com/coheedandcambria

This is their former band name? I'm not quiet sure, but here it is:
http://www.myspace.com/knowledgebeastinferno

C&C is a great band in so many different ways. It's not 'just a band' it's more than that; it's a whole new world to them.

Check this out:
The drummer from Coheed, Josh Eppard, is in an indie hip-hop label(indie label, (Equal Vision). Weerd Science http://www.myspace.com/weerdscience

The guitarist, Travis Stever is in a indie side project, FireDuece, and in CI Record Company.

http://www.myspace.com/firedeuce

Claudia has his own band/label (I think) as a single artist. I've seen his own Myspace, but I can't seem to find it.

The bassist, Michael Todd, does some really rad screaming in one of C&C's song, but I wish I knew which song. My friend is obsessed with C&C, so I might know a bit.

I coppied and paste this from Evil Ink Comics
Story -
The concept behind the Coheed and Cambria albums is fully entitled:

Posted by Xenos

Eh ... I just hate their vocals. The rest of it is okay.

Posted by Hyper

Heard some on the radio a couple years ago and absolutely hated it. Though now that I see a lot of people who I respect seem to be getting into them, I guess I could give them another shot. =/

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

they rule

Posted by Moogs

I'm going to see them with Avenged Sevenfold in Atlanta next month...

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Hyper: Though now that I see a lot of people who I respect seem to be getting into them, I guess I could give them another shot. =/

If Hyper gets into Coheed and Cambria I should try to get into them too, because I really respect you Hyper!

Quoted post: I'm going to see them with Avenged Sevenfold in Atlanta next month...

They're actually pretty decent live, which is kind of surprising. Unlike Avenged whose really, really terrible. The vocalist can barely sing in a studio, so it sounds even worse live. Not only can does he miss the right notes, he's usually out of tune.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Raptor: If Hyper gets into Coheed and Cambria I should try to get into them too, because I really respect you Hyper!

Eh, I see nothing wrong in giving a band a chance if a person's musical neighbours enjoy it =/ Pretty simple.

Posted by Porcupine

Quoting Shin-Ra: There you go, that's the song I heard.

I believe I sent it you. :cool:

Yeah, I haven't heard a whole lot by them but I like what I have heard. The vocals don't annoy me! :o

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Hyper: Eh, I see nothing wrong in giving a band a chance if a person's musical neighbours enjoy it =/ Pretty simple.

trend TREND trend TRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTREND TRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTREND TRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTREND
TRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTREND
TREND

Posted by brownoystercult

I love everything but the vocals..IMO messes up the song.

Can't they find a new vocalist? :(

Posted by Klarth

I think Claudio has a nice voice. :(

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Klarth: trend TREND trend TRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTREND TRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTREND TRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTREND
TRENDTRENDTRENDTRENDTREND
TREND

machinaesupremecymachinaesupremecymachinaesupremecy

Posted by Klarth

My post was directed at Raptor and his perception of anything and everything as a trend.

Posted by Hyper

machinaesupremecymachinaesupremecymachinaesupremecymachinaesupremecy

:)

Btw, I haven't heard much Coheed, but if you like them, you might want to check out dredg. They're more rock than prog for sure, but still prog without a doubt.

Posted by Moogs

Quoting Vampiro: They're actually pretty decent live, which is kind of surprising. Unlike Avenged whose really, really terrible. The vocalist can barely sing in a studio, so it sounds even worse live. Not only can does he miss the right notes, he's usually out of tune.

Well what about A7X's Guitarists, because they are the only reason I like A7X
Sinister Gates and Zacky Vengeance better be good Live or I'll be ****ed.

Posted by Richaod

[quote=Roinkz]I love everything but the vocals..IMO messes up the song.

Can't they find a new vocalist?
Claudio's the main songwriter, lyricist and the person who came up with the whole C&C storyline in the first place. And he sings rather androgynously because it reflects the characters he's singing as.

So no, they wouldn't be able to find a new vocalist.

Quoted post: Can't they find a new vocalist?

Uh, he's kinda what helps set the band apart from so many others. Not to mention he's the backbone of the whole thing.

Quoted post: Well what about A7X's Guitarists, because they are the only reason I like A7X
Sinister Gates and Zacky Vengeance better be good Live or I'll be ****ed.

Oh yeah, the guitarists are fine. They play just as well, though with a few minior slips. But that's nothing out of the ordinary. You can hear the bass, os that doesn't matter. And the drums are just what you'd expect. It's just a shame the vocals are so upfront.

Posted by Moogs

That's good.

Posted by xX Emo Outlaw Xx

I for one love Coheed and Cambria, I can't get enough of them. Claudio has an awesome voice, people just don't appreciate it as much as others. the reason you don't like his voice is because your not into the kind of music they make.