console gaming on my laptop?

Posted by R3N3G4D3

is there a way to hook the rca video cable to my laptop so i can use the screen on long trips to play my consoles?

Posted by Proto Man

No, you cannot use your laptop as a screen for other things such as consoles.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=Protoman]No, you cannot use your laptop as a screen for other things such as consoles.
Yes you can and plenty of people have done so in the past. Some laptops even come with a S-Video and/or RCA input and output connections, and RCA can always be converted to an S-Video with a small adaptor. A Sony VAIO with an ATI Mobility Radeon X600 is one example of such a laptop capable of simply connecting a gaming console to the system and use the laptop TFT screen instead.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Trigger: Yes you can and plenty of people have done so in the past. Some laptops even come with a S-Video and/or RCA input and output connections, and RCA can always be converted to an S-Video with a small adaptor. A Sony VAIO with an ATI Mobility Radeon X600 is one example of such a laptop capable of simply connecting a gaming console to the system and use the laptop TFT screen instead.

I know they have outputs, our laptops have S-video and VGA's, but inputs? I see none.

Posted by Trigger

I believe I just gave you an example of a laptop capable of using the laptop TFT screen for gaming consoles, Protoman. Don't take the laptops that you own and assume every laptop in the world has only the exact same features as yours. IMB Thinkpad's also provide the option to use S-Video input. Another thing, which you may wish to have brought to your attention is the increasing number of video capture cards being produced.

What, you thought every laptop in the planet is made exactly like yours? :rolleyes:

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Trigger: I believe I just gave you an example of a laptop capable of using the laptop TFT screen for gaming consoles, Protoman. Don't take the laptops that you own and assume every laptop in the world has only the exact same features as yours. IMB Thinkpad's also provide the option to use S-Video input. Another thing, which you may wish to have brought to your attention is the increasing number of video capture cards being produced.

What, you thought every laptop in the planet is made exactly like yours? :rolleyes:

No, but we have two, and I have seen others as well.