Stuff

Posted by Azure Wolf

http://www.deviantart.com/view/29939454/
My fuzzily Raj. She's an angsty snow leapord.
Yes...she.
I need to work on my eyes o_o;
Feel free to float among my stuff on DA if you'd like.

Posted by Raptor

That's a pretty sweet drawing. How long did it take? The shading is fantastic, and I love the attention to detail. You should post more. This forum needs more good furry art.

Posted by Azure Wolf

Uh...lesse, for the ide and basic outline it took about 15 mins, then to shade and add the lighting i'd say another 15 mins.
so if you don't count my crappy scanner nearly eating it for 5 mins, it was just over half an hour.

-Azure

Posted by Demonblade

not half bad for a 30 minute piece of artwork, very well done.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoting http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=11232: DevArt is for furfags.

Yeah.

Posted by The Judge

I'm going to go ahead and join Vampiro. I don't understand furry...ism, and thus I dislike it (well, there's far more valid reasons than that, such as the fact that it's unnatural, but I'm going for simplicity here).

It is pretty well drawn though. I'm just not fond of the subject in question.

Quoted post: I'm going to go ahead and join Vampiro. I don't understand furry...ism, and thus I dislike it (well, there's far more valid reasons than that, such as the fact that it's unnatural, but I'm going for simplicity here).

I understand it and I still think it's dumb. Especially this Anthro stuff when it comes to art. Yeah, I can see why you'd prefer it to fap to, but why not draw something of more substance? It degrades the look of pretty much every drawing. It's not even surreal, it's just really stupid looking.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Demonblade: not half bad for a 30 minute piece of artwork, very well done.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Posted by Slade

Heh, I followed the link in DA, then just randomly found it here.

Still sucks. :(

Like, wow, this animal is acting like a human... doesn't that defeat the "humans suck therefore animals are teh gods" argument of some furries?

Posted by Raptor

No, not really. Humans don't have claws.

Posted by Azure Wolf

Well, it's not so much that I like the concept of "Furry art" it just gives me a unique way to draw. I like animals, and tend to like them more than most humans, and when I do find a human I like, I pair them up with an animal that best suits thier personality. I randomly draw some furry charas sometimes and if I acctually have it come out okay I post it and see what they think about the art. Not the concept.

Posted by Lord of Spam

The perspective on the nose seems off.

Its not too bad. Its furry though, so it loses mad points, but otherwise, I think that Raptor would agree when I said that its an awesome drawing.

Quoted post: it just gives me a unique way to draw.

fchan says otherwise.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Raptor: No, not really. Humans don't have claws.

yiff

Nice drawing skills. Don't care much for the style, but you have the ah, proportions correct from what I can see...

Posted by nich

I think furry is pretty ok, just not that stuff. Example: a minotaur is cool, naked fox/woman not so much. Manbat from Batman or that lion thing from FFX (haven't played it yet), those types of characters just look really cool. I suppose it depends on what your definition of furry is, half human half animal mythology has been around for thousands of years.

I disagree with Klarth, but I do like your shading technique.

Posted by Raptor

About the most in-depth definition of furries that everyone can agree on is that it involves animals (and not even necessarily fur, since dragon and other reptile morphs are also widely considered part of the category). Even the Geico gecko is considered furry by many because he is animal in nature yet displays many human qualities. Many people have resentment for the concept because of the many perverted stereotypes that have been devised. There are always going to be horny teenage boys drawing a hermaphroditic Krystal Fox with a whopping erection and macro-boobs covered in dino spooge, and of course, whenever someone wishes to bash furries using a visual aid, they go hunting for the most disgusting image they can find. Fortunately, though, much more tasteful art of better quality is prevalent in the furry realm, whether one finds the concept appealing or not, and that is the art that I most appreciate.

Posted by Azure Wolf

Quoting Raptor: About the most in-depth definition of furries that everyone can agree on is that it involves animals (and not even necessarily fur, since dragon and other reptile morphs are also widely considered part of the category). Even the Geico gecko is considered furry by many because he is animal in nature yet displays many human qualities. Many people have resentment for the concept because of the many perverted stereotypes that have been devised. There are always going to be horny teenage boys drawing a hermaphroditic Krystal Fox with a whopping erection and macro-boobs covered in dino spooge, and of course, whenever someone wishes to bash furries using a visual aid, they go hunting for the most disgusting image they can find. Fortunately, though, much more tasteful art of better quality is prevalent in the furry realm, whether one finds the concept appealing or not, and that is the art that I most appreciate.

I second that.
If I had displayed a picture containing nudity or sex I could understand the comments on it. Obviously though, my character is fully clothed, so i see no reason why it is so...desecrated...

Quoted post: If I had displayed a picture containing nudity or sex I could understand the comments on it. Obviously though, my character is fully clothed, so i see no reason why it is so...desecrated...

Furries give the whole thing a bad rep. Blame yourself.

Posted by Azure Wolf

Just because you think you understand a ting, doesn't mean you acctually do...

... ok?

Posted by Ant

Just because you think a truth is a truth doesn't make it a truth but if you think that the truth you think is a truth it might as well be a truth because who's to say a truth isn't the same as a lie but that lie to you is a truth so the truth is all in a perspective that the truth of a lie may be a truth but that doesn't change the fact that THAT truth is a in fact a lie, but with that fact out there of which is a truth then the truth is truthful.

But that's all just a threoy.

Posted by Raptor

You guys just don't understand furries do u *cries*

But seriously, everyone has different quirks and preferences. I've realised that more furries as well as anti-furries should be more accepting of that fact.

Posted by Lord of Spam

If anything, I find Raptors brand of understated intellectual furry-ism more disturbing. Its obvious that he's not stupid by his verbal skillz, yet he is still ****ed up enough to be furry.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Azure Wolf: http://www.deviantart.com/view/29939454/
My fuzzily Raj. She's an angsty snow leapord.
Yes...she.
I need to work on my eyes o_o;
Feel free to float among my stuff on DA if you'd like.

Holy crap! How dare you join here and not tell me! I demand you make a thread in the intro board so I can give you proper... uh... props.

Anyway, seriously, guys, Loney is one of two people I know in real life who draw anthropomorphic characters, and neither of them are furries. I understand if you think sexual attraction to animal-human crosses is gross or can't understand people who have unwarrented grudges against humanity, but at least ease up on people who can honestly say they just like to draw characters like that.

If you want to see some pictures she's drawn of me (with a lovely spotted tail), check the latest two pages of her gallery. I'll either be called "Brice" or "Chibi-kun."

Quoted post: I understand if you think sexual attraction to animal-human crosses is gross or can't understand people who have unwarrented grudges against humanity, but at least ease up on people who can honestly say they just like to draw characters like that.

Actually, the only reason I think the whole thing is stupid is because of the attitude most furries seem to hold. Otherwise I have no problem with it.
Oh, and the costume thing. I can understand why they'd do it, but it's fairly retarded when you look at it from an outsider's perspective.

But yeah, it's clear that Azure is a great artist. No doubt about that.

Posted by Azure Wolf

Quoting Linko_16: Holy crap! How dare you join here and not tell me! I demand you make a thread in the intro board so I can give you proper... uh... props.

Oh yeah, a stalkers gunna say : "HEY, hello! Here I am! whack me with a flyswatter!"
Thank you Chibi-kun < 3 *huggle*

Posted by The Judge

I love giving my two cents to arguments and then leaving before reading the responses.