iPod AV

Posted by Klarth

discuss

Posted by Lord of Spam

The more prevalent Ipods become, the more determined I am not to use them.

Posted by Raptor

NOBODY MOVE! I dropped my iPod mini nano micro midget.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Too much screen.

Posted by brownoystercult

No way.

Didn't they come out with the iPod Video a month ago? Anyway, looks clean to me; touch screen click wheel? Nice.

Quoted post: Didn't they come out with the iPod Video a month ago? Anyway, looks clean to me; touch sensitive click wheel? Nice.

Don't they come out with a new version every few months?

Posted by Richaod

I saw that in a magazine, but I thought that was a conceptual picture...

Sure, they're getting better, but this is just overkill. It's not like iPod technology improves that much in the space of three months... Why don't they just skip past the video/AV/phone iPod and move on to ?

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Roinkz: touch sensitive click wheel? Nice.

Eh... my iPod mini has that. :p: Don't you mean touch screen click wheel?

Posted by Trigger

I stopped caring when I read 'iPod'. Another month, another model to make the last obsolete. Soon they can release a special edition pack that includes an entire year's worth of iPod's - that's right, twelve iPods so you can switch the appropriate model for each month of the year! Aren't all you hardcore iPod collectors fans excited?

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Klarth:

discuss

What will happen is that the entire front of the screen will get scratched when you look at it hard, and you'll have to buy a new one, because apple will call it "cosmetic damage" and refuse warranty.

Posted by Trigger

Apple will also put a small disclaimer on the box advising customers not to look hard at the pictures displayed on the box, otherwise "product and warrenty will become void." Think of it as the silver sticker seals on your harddrive that void the hardware when punctured, tampered or removed.

Posted by Dexter

I adore my ipod. It was a worthy purchase. I sometimes wonder how my day would have been without it. I like observing the ipod progress, as well. Watching as they get better as time passes by is interesting. I'm really into technology and how it advances, so the ipod improvements intrigue me. I hope they keep up the good work. In about two years, I might be ready to update my 30GB ipod to the newest best thing they have available and I'm hoping it is something magnificent; something that will make my life better. I'm sure it will be. Out of all the MP3 players I have looked into, the ipod still comes out as my favorite.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Too bad I have better things to spend my money on.

Posted by Klarth

I think I'll be getting one of these - I'll keep it in one of the transparent cases everyone knows are coming.

Posted by Dexter

I was taking a run the other night and after a few miles I took a rest. I was laying on the grass gazing up at the moon admiring the ring that formed around it with a calm, cozy breeze while enjoying the many tunes on my ipod. I had a bunch of music videos loaded on there and I thought that that would be a pleasant opportunity to watch a few of them. It is so nice to have all my favorite music and videos loaded into one simple gadget. I love music and the price of 300 dollars was certainly worth it. Watching those Sigur Rós videos was so stirring. They really do have my favorite music videos ever.

Also, you can load your own home videos on your ipod and bring them with you wherever you go. Simple images, too.

I saw a preview for Scary Movie 4 and the tripod/War of the Worlds references were hilarious. "Destroy Humanity"

Posted by Lord of Spam

I refuse to let Apple try to charge me for disk space I'll never use on a device that implies that music shoudl be paid for.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Dexter]I was taking a run the other night
Read that as "talking to a nun". O_o

I've wanted an iPod since before they implemented the clickwheel - I was given a half-broken first generation one for christmas in 2004. I was pretty ****ed considering I'd been promised a 20gb one, and even more ****ed considering the fact that I'd traveled to the US to collect it. :/

I do love touchscreens though, and once someone finds a way to install Podzilla on these new ones, it'll be all like :cool:

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Hah, iPods.

My 40Gb Gigabeat is much cheaper, and much more storage than I'll ever need, as well as being much more durable and coming with a dock and remote as standard.

Posted by Klarth

http://youtube.com/watch?v=B1H_d_7CVPc

oh my holy.

Wings: The main reason so many people like iPods is because of the image - I find that easy to believe and adapt to, but I just want one because they're easy to control.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Quoting Klarth: Wings: The main reason so many people like iPods is because of the image - I find that easy to believe and a dapt to, but I just want one because they're easy to control.

Yes. The total mass pilgrimage to this minimalistic white bollocks is what makes me hate it - especially since while the Click Wheel is good, it's another example of form over function - another button or two would make it much easier to use. I mean, hold the button for three seconds to add a track to a playlist? Uh. No. I'll just press one on the side, thanks.

EDIT: I love how in that video, moving the finger around the wheel on screen does nothing at all.

Posted by Klarth

Maybe they made the volume dial invisible or something. shrug

Posted by Raptor

I couldn't care less about the image my mp3 player conveys. Most of the time, I don't even use my iPod in public, nor do I use the standard white earbuds, and almost always have it snugly wrapped up in a rugged case. It simply functions as a durable little unit that can hold an immense amount of music which is easy to navigate to.

I think my original plain white 40GB iPod is going to do me fine for at least the next couple of years, so I simply ignore all the latest revamps, remodels, and releases. Though I enjoy having music on the go, I really don't give a **** about being able to watch music videos while I'm walking down the sidewalk, or whether the device will tuck behind my ear. It just makes it even easier for people to be more oblivious to what's going on around them than ever, and I don't care for that.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Fake, but nice try. Open it and change the Brightness/Contrast, and screw with the levels. You can see the edit lines.

Posted by Richaod

http://homepage.mac.com/hansingehagen/ipod_av/index.html

****! So I was right when I said I thought it was conceptual...

Posted by Trigger

[quote=iPod AV Website]This is NOT a product of Apple Computers ... eventhough it should have been
Good Lord, I hope that he isn't serious when he wrote that. I can't possibly take anyone seriously who creates a website dedicated to something like this and can't be bothered to fix noticable errors in their English. Especially when one of the errors is placed in one of the main graphics that's supposed to support this ridiculous experimental design.

Posted by brownoystercult

thats not what the ipod av even looked like in the screens though..

Posted by Klarth

What screens?

edit: *has now checked website*

...Hell, even I could make a better mockup than that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVu4_GhOHZ8&search=fake%20ipod