This is a render

Posted by Klarth

http://www.deviantart.com/view/29814225/

...But I wouldn't blame you if you don't believe.

Wow.

Posted by Demonblade

yeowsa...that certainly is a mesmerizing piece of work, wonder how long it took to do?

Posted by Ant

I don't believe it

Posted by Klarth

I don't blame you!

Posted by Demonblade

it is pretty unbelievable. But that guy could make some serious cash with a talent like that.

Posted by nich

The towel lacks texture, thats the only thing wrong that I can see. The light effects on the various glass surfaces is amazing.

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah... but can he make a short, amusing animation of Pac Man?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

1,000,000,000,000 hours in paint.

Hopefully that went towards something of use, not just for the hell of it.

Posted by Demonblade

Quoting Vampiro: 1,000,000,000,000 hours in paint.

Hopefully that went towards something of use, not just for the hell of it.

Did you know that if someone lives to be 85, they only live for roughly 750,000 hours. That seems so short.

But yeah...hopefully he got paid for that.

Quoted post: Did you know that if someone lives to be 85, they only live for roughly 750,000 hours. That seems so short.

missed the joke? Or was that just a random fact I didn't care to learn?

Posted by Demonblade

caught the joke...and affirmative on the random fact. you mentioning a trillion hours made me wonder how many hours i have to live (thats optimistically assuming i live to 85)

Quoted post: you mentioning a trillion hours made me wonder how many hours i have to live (thats optimistically assuming i live to 85)

So you felt the need to post it? Normally when I wonder about something I keep it to myself, not rush over to VGC and share it.

Posted by Demonblade

Well, i was already here, so i thought id share.

Anyways...that glass countertop is pretty sweet...id like to see how he did this.

Posted by Stalolin

I'd believe it.

Considering I've done realistic renders before.

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, as someone with a bit of 3D Modeling experience, I can say the only really hard parts to that are all those texture maps. It's quite a feat to make them so perfectly realistic.

Posted by Klarth

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=233460

Wow

The detail is quite impressive. He even includes the flash. Pretty amazing stuff.

Posted by Roger Smith

Looking at stuff like that, you can't help but be amazed by some of the things people can do.

I COMMENDTHE HUMAN SPIRIT.