If you think about it... Zelda is a pretty depressing game.

Posted by Sk2k52

Here's the reasons.

Ocarina of Time
- Since link was young he was picked on by several of his neighbours because he had no fairy.
- Link's forced to leave his home and fight for his life.
- The Great Deku Tree (basicly links father figure) even after Link fought terrible creatures trying to save him, dies.
- Link goes through numerous life risking situations to gather the three pearls, at finds out he's too late.
- After link takes out the master sword to try and stop Gannon, he finds out he was actually the cause of Gannons rise to power.
- Link loses 7 years of his life and wakes up in the decaying ruins of one of the most loveliest places in the kingdom.
- Link discovers his childhood home is being plagued by monsters, and that his best friend went missing
- At the end after Gannon is finally defeated, Link goes back to his childhood to live out his life. Though he has nowhere to go, and Navi leaves him for some reason. He cant return to his former home, since he doesnt belogn there, so his only option is to leave and look for Navi.

Wind Waker though is just as depressing if you think abotu it... :(

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

No, really? I thought a game where your whole town is wiped out by some as[COLOR="White"]s[/COLOR]hole would be an uplifting game. Go figure.

Posted by Zeta

Gamewise, Majora's Mask is the most depressing of the games.

The most depressing thing about the N64 games is that you know you're going to get humped by a ReDead sooner or later. :(

Posted by Roger Smith

LoZ made me slice my arm. Now all I do is listen to Megadeath.

Posted by Sk2k52

Quoting Zeta: The most depressing thing about the N64 games is that you know you're going to get humped by a ReDead sooner or later. :(

LoL, i'd so give you rep for that if it allowed me to ;)

I never realy thoguht of Zelda as a sad game though, I always felt by the end everything was happy again till i started reallythinking about it ><

majoras mask btw i agree is prolly one of the more sadder games

Posted by Speedfreak

First he gets invited for cake, when the person going to cook him a cake GETS KIDNAPPED. Then he has to leap constantly for about 25 hours straight to rescue said chef. Then when he finally does rescue her, he finds she didnt actually have a cake to begin with!

Posted by Sk2k52

Quoting Speedfreak: First he gets invited for cake, when the person going to cook him a cake GETS KIDNAPPED. Then he has to leap constantly for about 25 hours straight to rescue said chef. Then when he finally does rescue her, he finds she didnt actually have a cake to begin with!

that sounds more like super mario 64 to me.

Posted by Roger Smith

Right you are. I'd give you rep but I'm mean.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Emos are the product of Zelda games...:D

Posted by Azure Wolf

I think poor Shiggy-sama had some insecurities when designing the game...

Posted by Zeta

This thread needs more humpy-zombies.

Posted by Roger Smith

Heh, you were just waiting for the oportune moment to pull that out huh Zeta?

Posted by Zeta

Actually, I just found it a few minutes ago when I decided to Google ReDead. :D I was hoping to find an animation of one of them humping Link. No dice :(

There was an image from VGC when I searched also. Someones avatar I think.

Posted by Roger Smith

Oh well. That's a cool pic you found though, brownie points.

Posted by Zeta

My favorite kind!

Posted by Xero

Quoting Sk2k52: Here's the reasons.

Ocarina of Time
- Since link was young he was picked on by several of his neighbours because he had no fairy.
- Link's forced to leave his home and fight for his life.
- The Great Deku Tree (basicly links father figure) even after Link fought terrible creatures trying to save him, dies.
- Link goes through numerous life risking situations to gather the three pearls, at finds out he's too late.
- After link takes out the master sword to try and stop Gannon, he finds out he was actually the cause of Gannons rise to power.
- Link loses 7 years of his life and wakes up in the decaying ruins of one of the most loveliest places in the kingdom.
- Link discovers his childhood home is being plagued by monsters, and that his best friend went missing
- At the end after Gannon is finally defeated, Link goes back to his childhood to live out his life. Though he has nowhere to go, and Navi leaves him for some reason. He cant return to his former home, since he doesnt belogn there, so his only option is to leave and look for Navi.

Wind Waker though is just as depressing if you think abotu it... :(

Fairies: Huh well...he had Saria...

Link leaving home: Well he had to save the world...

Deku tree: Well...I guess that was it, he was cursed. Had to die or he would destroy kokiri...Also, after beating the first temple (forest) theres a sprout bringing him back to life ;)

3 pearls and late: Well if he was to be on time, the game would end...there and that would suck. Need more action.

Master sword=+ power to ganon: well has to be hard dude...

wasting 7 years: dude...he can come back in time...

plague: yes, but he saves them, bringing back joys and flowers :D

Navi: ok...he lost the faerie and in MM he gets one back. Nowhere to go? he likes to travel...

so therefore, I'm a happy dude when I play OoT ;)

You make horrible points, FG.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Flame ghost: wasting 7 years: dude...he can come back in time...

... Dirty thoughts.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro: You make horrible points, FG.

Even if my points were 100% right and accurate youd say they suck!

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Zeta: I was hoping to find an animation of one of them humping Link. No dice :(

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://img.sheezyart.com/preview/46/462021.jpg&imgrefurl=http://argrim.sheezyart.com/&h=150&w=115&sz=23&tbnid=EzXRHDjAAeL4CM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=69&hl=en&start=53&prev=/images%3Fq%3DReDead%26start%3D40%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

Can't get the image bigger because it was banned for badness.

The cartoon show was depressing. Link never even got that kiss from Zelda.

[CENTER]:([/CENTER]

Posted by Xero

How sad...

Quoted post: Even if my points were 100% right and accurate youd say they suck!

Incorrect. I wouldn't have said anything if that were the case.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Dexter: The cartoon show was depressing. Link never even got that kiss from Zelda.

PLAY OOA/OOS LINKED GAME

Posted by Dexter

Link didn't want it as much when he got that one. He seemed fairly indifferent to it compared to how he was in the cartoon show.

Posted by Zeta

The cartoon Link isn't the real Link. The real Link is...

[Insert the 'Link is the player' rant here]

Posted by Dog

Quoting Flame ghost:
Navi: ok...he lost the faerie and in MM he gets one back.
well, he has one in the MM, but basicailly gets 2 :)

Posted by Dexter

Real Link? The cartoon Link owns the game Link. He gave Link more character than any other Link. He deserved that kiss more than that other Link does. He worked hard for it on numerous occasions.

Posted by Zeta

But cartoon Link wanted to get into Zelda's pants the whole time. Real heroes don't think about that, and then after they save the day it's like "What's that? You want me to get in your pants? Alrighty then."

Quoted post: He gave Link more character than any other Link. He deserved that kiss more than that other Link does.

bullfeathers

Posted by Dexter

When playing through the games, I don't care if Link gets his kiss or not. I don't necessarily care for them getting together at all, actually. With the cartoons, however, it is all about getting that kiss, which never comes. It is absolutely torturous. :(

You don't care about the kiss because there's better things to worry about it. The cartoon was awful, plain and simple.

Posted by Dexter

That Zelda cartoon and The Wizard film were the best parts of living in 1989. :(

Quoted post: That Zelda cartoon and The Wizard film were the best parts of living in 1989.

HAHAHAHAHAH. The Wizard? Come on, Dex. That's nostalgia talking, nothing more. Since, well, everyone knows that was a piece of ****.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Shdig: well, he has one in the MM, but basicailly gets 2 :)

Really?

No. If I remember correctly there's two in the game, but you never actually get them both. But the second one DOES help you.

Posted by Xero

The second one, the dark one does give the order of the temples, but aside from that, it doesn't even follow link to the moon...