What have you just finished reading?

Posted by SuperSoupy

Were all telling each other what were reading at the moment, but what have you just read? Or what was the last book you read? And more importantly, was it any good?

I just finished '2001: A Space Oddysey' by Artur C. Clarke, which was quite special :-). Not in a retarded way mind, more in an absolutely amazing way.

Posted by Yonaka

I just got finished reading 'Memoirs of a Geisha' It was awesome. Now I can't wait to see the movie. It was a really good book, and I'm so happy with the way it ended. Read it, you'll like it, like alot.

Posted by GameMiestro

I just finished reading this thread.

Posted by Colonel

Quoting GameMiestro: I just finished reading this thread.

lol!!! :D

I just finished reading a book called "Cirque De Freak" By Daren Shan, its really cool its about a kid named Darren who goes to a freak show......Well i wont spoil it but in the end something very strange happens to Darren, as he joins the freak show.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Moondust - it's basically a 'What Happened' book, about the astronauts who visited the moon and returned. Every one of them has been in some sort of tragedy, or had a mental breakdown, since their return. Buzz Aldrin, at the age of 80-something, managed to beat up a 20 year old man, apparantly.

I know it sounds quite boring, but it's pretty dang interesting once you get into it.

Posted by Yonaka

Right now I'm reading 'Take a Theif'. It's pretty cool. I like it. Skif is awesome! He gets kidnapped by a horse. Hehe. There's a reason for it, but I'm not telling. You'll find out once you read it... I'm almost through reading it, once I get done I'm gonna go find 'A Swiftly Tilting Planet' I love that book. I love the whole series.

Posted by Crazy K

Im nearly done with Flowers for Algernon. I had to read it for school and its actually the first book I liked in a long time.

Posted by Yonaka

I have heard that that's a good book. I should read it, but first to find it... You want to mail me a copy? Hmmm... Anyway... I can't wait till 5:00!

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Crazy K: Im nearly done with Flowers for Algernon. I had to read it for school and its actually the first book I liked in a long time.

GREAT book. Daniel Keyes is a genius.

Posted by Yonaka

I finished reading Take a Theif. Awesome end to an awesome book. Now I'm going to go find more of her books. I liked it a lot. You should all go read it. But anyway. Right now I'm reading 'A Swiftly Tilting Planet' by Madeline L'Engle. I love it so much. I've read it before. It's definatly in my top five. Go read it one and all!

Posted by GameMiestro

I read a critique of Shel Silverstien, called "Reappraising Uncle Shelby". Well done, too, the author doesn't appear biased at all.

Posted by Yonaka

I just got finished reading 'Romeo and Juliet' in school. Shakespear is obsessed with suicide and names that end with 'o'. Now we have to put on a fifteen minute rendition of it tomorrow. I get to be Paris and get slain by my friend. And then I get to be resurected as someone else. That someone else is Lord Monatgue. I get to say "surely you jest" I'm so pleased.

My friend Kyla gets to be Friar Lawerence, and I want her to come in holding a hotdog and say, "Oh no! I'm too late!" My teacher made a joke about it because the Church is like right across from the cemetary, yet it takes him three hours to get there. Well my teacher made the comment that he didn't know what took the good Friar so long to get there, maybe he stopped at the hotdog stand or went to the movies. It was funny, but my friend Theresa says that Kyla can't walk in with the hot dog. I'm so depressed about that. :(

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Finished Congo a few days ago. I always enjoy Crichton's novels, and this was no exception. Although it felt like it ended terribly quickly, it was still a good read.

Posted by Yonaka

Haha! We put on the play today. It was so much fun! Instead of a sword my friend slayed me with a cleaver just after saying: "Get you gone or I'll run you through with my sword!" It wasn't a sword, which made it funny. No hotdog though. :(

Posted by Delilah

A couple books:
The Ravenmaster's Secret
Valiant
Companions of the Nght
Jarhead
and the Legend of Zorro

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Finished Jurrasic Park. Not sure why I haven't read this before, as it was excellent.

Posted by Sir Ashen

The DaVinci code =D

Posted by Sean the Wicked

Just finished up Fight Club for about the fifth time today. It's weird, you know a book is good when you read a little bit and that little bit becomes a chapter or three. Yet, instead of not reading it for the umpteenth time, you find yourself coming back to it over and over even though you know everything that happens and how it ends, yet you want to read it over more.

Eh, either way, Fight Club is amazing and Chuck Palahniuk does not get enough credit for his other books either.

Posted by poisonblood

Finished City of The Beast. A good book and very light read.